CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Community > The Water Cooler

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
gamecockgal
StormOfTalons
Master Bedroom
Acockolypse Now
Rooster'srule
sanford
El Cid Ranger
b381l
cocksmith1or11
Order 66
Backup QB competitio (2642)
2014 Preseason USA T (1267)
Ranking the SEC Fema (780)
Anyone heard anythin (721)
Future Non-Conferenc (628)
Spurrier on the cove (411)
What Would You Do? (393)
Ranking the SEC scho (304)
Tupelo Honey Cafe (225)
Ranking the SEC Fema (222)
Musburger/Palmer to comme
Hello Gamecocks!
Anyone heard anything abo
2014 Signee - Joe Blue
An Aggies View of the Mat
Backup QB competition
2015 - Albert Huggins
Dustin Johnson taking a l
2015 - Brandon Sandifer
Cheap jersey and very nic

Old 07-19-2013, 12:50 AM   #1
RockRocks787
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 1510
RockRocks787 rules the CockPitRockRocks787 rules the CockPitRockRocks787 rules the CockPitRockRocks787 rules the CockPitRockRocks787 rules the CockPitRockRocks787 rules the CockPitRockRocks787 rules the CockPitRockRocks787 rules the CockPitRockRocks787 rules the CockPitRockRocks787 rules the CockPitRockRocks787 rules the CockPit
Send a message via AIM to RockRocks787
Default 20 Worst Bands of All Time

I'm only 23, and even I know that this list is a load of crap.

http://blogs.laweekly.com/westcoasts...plete_list.php

This is said about the Dave Matthews Band:

Quote:
You want a real American Horror story? Sit in the back of an SUV with off-key sorority house members singing along to Dave Matthews Band. "Dave" is a jam act with no jams. They make Perrier seem vibrant and ethnic. Dave Matthews croons like Kermit with a hangover, for a presumed intended audience of trustafarians and frat bros bonding via hacky sack and horseshoes. Them, and folks whose favorite book is The Da Vinci Code and favorite TV show is Two and a Half Men. They are permanently beige, the sonic instantiation of Ambercrombie & Fitch cargo shorts, South Carolina Gamecocks hats, and flip-flops flailing. -Jeff Weiss
Anyone know the story behind this? I've never heard of them being Gamecock fans.

RockRocks787 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2013, 12:53 AM   #2
clemson sucks
6'0" 180

Male

CockyCash: 2477208
clemson sucks is USC mascot materialclemson sucks is USC mascot materialclemson sucks is USC mascot materialclemson sucks is USC mascot materialclemson sucks is USC mascot materialclemson sucks is USC mascot materialclemson sucks is USC mascot materialclemson sucks is USC mascot materialclemson sucks is USC mascot materialclemson sucks is USC mascot materialclemson sucks is USC mascot material
Send a message via AIM to clemson sucks
Default Re: 20 Worst Bands of All Time

Nm
Old 07-19-2013, 12:55 AM   #3
RockRocks787
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 1510
RockRocks787 rules the CockPitRockRocks787 rules the CockPitRockRocks787 rules the CockPitRockRocks787 rules the CockPitRockRocks787 rules the CockPitRockRocks787 rules the CockPitRockRocks787 rules the CockPitRockRocks787 rules the CockPitRockRocks787 rules the CockPitRockRocks787 rules the CockPitRockRocks787 rules the CockPit
Send a message via AIM to RockRocks787

Quote:
Originally Posted by clemson sucks View Post
Nm
I'm not sure whether he's talking about the band members or their fans.

RockRocks787 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2013, 01:10 AM   #4
clemson sucks
6'0" 180

Male

CockyCash: 2477208
clemson sucks is USC mascot materialclemson sucks is USC mascot materialclemson sucks is USC mascot materialclemson sucks is USC mascot materialclemson sucks is USC mascot materialclemson sucks is USC mascot materialclemson sucks is USC mascot materialclemson sucks is USC mascot materialclemson sucks is USC mascot materialclemson sucks is USC mascot materialclemson sucks is USC mascot material
Send a message via AIM to clemson sucks

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockRocks787 View Post
I'm not sure whether he's talking about the band members or their fans.
Their fans I believe. I wonder if he is referring to the douches who wear the COCKS hat just because it says COCKS?
Old 07-19-2013, 01:36 AM   #5
Acockolypse Now
L-I-V-I-N

Male

CockyCash: 45000175
Acockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot material

Imma help them with their list. No, I haven't read the article.

20. Nickleback
19. Nickleback
18. Crazy Town
17. Nickleback
16. Everything But the Girl
15. Nickleback
14. Nickleback
13. Boston
12. Nickleback
11. Starship
10. Nickleback
9. Starlight Vocal Band
8. Nickleback
7. UB40
6. Nickleback
5. Nickleback
4. Spin Doctors
3. Nickleback
2. Nickleback
1. Creed
Old 07-19-2013, 03:14 AM   #6
Gyle41386
Explosivo

Male

CockyCash: 1450
Gyle41386 is USC mascot materialGyle41386 is USC mascot materialGyle41386 is USC mascot materialGyle41386 is USC mascot materialGyle41386 is USC mascot materialGyle41386 is USC mascot materialGyle41386 is USC mascot materialGyle41386 is USC mascot materialGyle41386 is USC mascot materialGyle41386 is USC mascot materialGyle41386 is USC mascot material
Send a message via AIM to Gyle41386 Send a message via Yahoo to Gyle41386

Don't want to sift through another lame slideshow? Here you go:

20. Spin Doctors
19. The Raconteurs
18. Oasis
17. Phish
16. 4 Non Blondes
15. Pretty Ricky
14. Foreigner
13. Wings
12. Fleet Foxes
11. Red Hot Chili Peppers
10. Pussycat Dolls
9. Rush
8. Hootie & the Blowfish
7. Pearl Jam
6. Black Eyed Peas
5. Animal Collective
4. Sex Pistols
3. LCD Soundsystem
2. Eagles
1. Dave Matthews Band

I mean, I put their top 2 at the top of my "most overrated bands" list every time the subject comes up, so that was pretty funny to see.
Old 07-19-2013, 03:17 AM   #7
Acockolypse Now
L-I-V-I-N

Male

CockyCash: 45000175
Acockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot material

My list is better.

Plus: Nickleback, Creed.
Old 07-19-2013, 03:42 AM   #8
Schecter
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 200
Schecter is USC mascot materialSchecter is USC mascot materialSchecter is USC mascot materialSchecter is USC mascot materialSchecter is USC mascot materialSchecter is USC mascot materialSchecter is USC mascot materialSchecter is USC mascot materialSchecter is USC mascot materialSchecter is USC mascot materialSchecter is USC mascot material

DMB blows hard.
Schecter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2013, 06:44 AM   #9
markymark550
Game MVP

Male

CockyCash: 500
markymark550 is USC mascot materialmarkymark550 is USC mascot materialmarkymark550 is USC mascot materialmarkymark550 is USC mascot materialmarkymark550 is USC mascot materialmarkymark550 is USC mascot materialmarkymark550 is USC mascot materialmarkymark550 is USC mascot materialmarkymark550 is USC mascot materialmarkymark550 is USC mascot materialmarkymark550 is USC mascot material

Pearl Jam? I vehemently disagree with that!

Agree with Acockolypse Now, Nickelback and Creed have to be on that list or it has no merit. Screw them, that list was probably made by people who like Kesha.
markymark550 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2013, 07:28 AM   #10
COCKDIESEL
Voice of Reason

Male

CWS Baseball Pickem Winner: CWS Baseball Pickem Winner - Given for: Winning the first CWS Pickem Contest 
CockyCash: 53400000
COCKDIESEL is USC mascot materialCOCKDIESEL is USC mascot materialCOCKDIESEL is USC mascot materialCOCKDIESEL is USC mascot materialCOCKDIESEL is USC mascot materialCOCKDIESEL is USC mascot materialCOCKDIESEL is USC mascot materialCOCKDIESEL is USC mascot materialCOCKDIESEL is USC mascot materialCOCKDIESEL is USC mascot materialCOCKDIESEL is USC mascot material

That's the great thing about music, everyone has different tastes. I'm no fan of Phish it's just not my kind of music but for what it is they are pretty good. The writers sound like they were in a band in the late 80's or early 90's and saw a lot of these groups become popular and are butthurt it wasn't them. Also other than the Chili Peppers I don't think any of them are California bands so they may be pandering to the west coast crowd.

COCKDIESEL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2013, 07:33 AM   #11
cocky0
The Slurp

Male

2009 Awards: Awards for best Posters - Given for: Best Signature 2008 Cockytalk Award: 2008 Cockytalk Award - Given for: 2008 Fark of the Year Christmas Farking Contest: Christmas Farking Contest - Given for: Winning Farking Contest 
CockyCash: 26100000
cocky0 is USC mascot materialcocky0 is USC mascot materialcocky0 is USC mascot materialcocky0 is USC mascot materialcocky0 is USC mascot materialcocky0 is USC mascot materialcocky0 is USC mascot materialcocky0 is USC mascot materialcocky0 is USC mascot materialcocky0 is USC mascot materialcocky0 is USC mascot material
Send a message via Yahoo to cocky0

Some of those were never thought to be that great to begin with.
Old 07-19-2013, 07:47 AM   #12
I Bleed Garnet
Heisman Candidate

Male

CockyCash: 524485398
I Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot material

A lot of these bands remind me of this video.
(NSFW)

#LukeForMod
2010 Football SEC East Champs
2009 Basketball SEC East Co-Champs

"9 out of 10 schools cheat, and the 10th is in last place"-Jerry Tarkanian
I Bleed Garnet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2013, 08:45 AM   #13
TKE226
Damn Yankee

Male

CockyCash: 1768234
TKE226 is USC mascot materialTKE226 is USC mascot materialTKE226 is USC mascot materialTKE226 is USC mascot materialTKE226 is USC mascot materialTKE226 is USC mascot materialTKE226 is USC mascot materialTKE226 is USC mascot materialTKE226 is USC mascot materialTKE226 is USC mascot materialTKE226 is USC mascot material

why is starship not in the list? Because they are too old. That list is all 90s bands. Dude must be young who wrote it.

I Think the reference to Gamecocks was that the "Cock" hat was popular back in the 90s. I can attest. I was in Maryland and although I did end up going to SC, even before I chose to look at the school, those hats were popular up my way
TKE226 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2013, 08:47 AM   #14
Shep
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 14410087
Shep is USC mascot materialShep is USC mascot materialShep is USC mascot materialShep is USC mascot materialShep is USC mascot materialShep is USC mascot materialShep is USC mascot materialShep is USC mascot materialShep is USC mascot materialShep is USC mascot materialShep is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acockolypse Now View Post
My list is better.

Plus: Nickleback, Creed.
I agree. I would add Goo Goo Dolls and System of a Down.
Shep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2013, 08:51 AM   #15
ccured
What a Rush!!!

Male

CockyCash: 5955916
ccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot material

the writer is the same douche that said MyMorningJacket was the best live band. he was talking about now but put he thought they were better than stones, zeppelin, and others
Quote:
If song really is one of the few conduits of human contact with a higher power, the Fillmore Auditorium in San Francisco is a Sistine Chapel, with its lobby strewn with framed photos of nearly every act to headline a “Bill Graham Presents” show. You name it and it’s there: Led Zep. Floyd. The Dead. Neil Young & Crazy Horse. The Who. The Rolling Stones. The entirety of our Old Testament in a wall-to-wall display of canonized saints that conventional baby-boomer wisdom submits as unimpeachable evidence that things really were better back in their day. But I don’t buy it.
http://www.laweekly.com/2008-04-17/m...ng-in-america/
ccured is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2013, 09:21 AM   #16
markymark550
Game MVP

Male

markymark550 is USC mascot materialmarkymark550 is USC mascot materialmarkymark550 is USC mascot materialmarkymark550 is USC mascot materialmarkymark550 is USC mascot materialmarkymark550 is USC mascot materialmarkymark550 is USC mascot materialmarkymark550 is USC mascot materialmarkymark550 is USC mascot materialmarkymark550 is USC mascot materialmarkymark550 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by COCKDIESEL View Post
That's the great thing about music, everyone has different tastes. I'm no fan of Phish it's just not my kind of music but for what it is they are pretty good. The writers sound like they were in a band in the late 80's or early 90's and saw a lot of these groups become popular and are butthurt it wasn't them. Also other than the Chili Peppers I don't think any of them are California bands so they may be pandering to the west coast crowd.
4 Non Blondes were from San Francisco.

RHCP, Black Eyed Peas, and the Eagles originated in LA. Not certain, and it wouldn't surprise me either, but I think the Pussycat Dolls are also from LA.
markymark550 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2013, 09:33 AM   #17
Clowneygotcha
Bowl MVP

Male

Clowneygotcha is USC mascot materialClowneygotcha is USC mascot materialClowneygotcha is USC mascot materialClowneygotcha is USC mascot materialClowneygotcha is USC mascot materialClowneygotcha is USC mascot materialClowneygotcha is USC mascot materialClowneygotcha is USC mascot materialClowneygotcha is USC mascot materialClowneygotcha is USC mascot materialClowneygotcha is USC mascot material

And the #1 band of all time that sucked, .........

The band that played when commercials were over at the ESPYS.
Old 07-19-2013, 09:39 AM   #18
taylorssc
Game MVP

Male

taylorssc is USC mascot materialtaylorssc is USC mascot materialtaylorssc is USC mascot materialtaylorssc is USC mascot materialtaylorssc is USC mascot materialtaylorssc is USC mascot materialtaylorssc is USC mascot materialtaylorssc is USC mascot materialtaylorssc is USC mascot materialtaylorssc is USC mascot materialtaylorssc is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acockolypse Now View Post
Imma help them with their list. No, I haven't read the article.

20. Nickleback
19. Nickleback
18. Crazy Town
17. Nickleback
16. Everything But the Girl
15. Nickleback
14. Nickleback
13. Boston
12. Nickleback
11. Starship
10. Nickleback
9. Starlight Vocal Band
8. Nickleback
7. UB40
6. Nickleback
5. Nickleback
4. Spin Doctors
3. Nickleback
2. Nickleback
1. Creed
Nice list Joe Dirt. I'm guessing Red, Red Wine is the only song you've heard. Ali Campbell is a great musician.
taylorssc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2013, 10:06 AM   #19
CarolinaBand
MiLB

Male

CockyCash: 1575
CarolinaBand is USC mascot materialCarolinaBand is USC mascot materialCarolinaBand is USC mascot materialCarolinaBand is USC mascot materialCarolinaBand is USC mascot materialCarolinaBand is USC mascot materialCarolinaBand is USC mascot materialCarolinaBand is USC mascot materialCarolinaBand is USC mascot materialCarolinaBand is USC mascot materialCarolinaBand is USC mascot material

Some people have a hard time distinguishing between not liking a band and them being terrible.
Old 07-19-2013, 10:14 AM   #20
stiffolcock
trust me

Male

stiffolcock is USC mascot materialstiffolcock is USC mascot materialstiffolcock is USC mascot materialstiffolcock is USC mascot materialstiffolcock is USC mascot materialstiffolcock is USC mascot materialstiffolcock is USC mascot materialstiffolcock is USC mascot materialstiffolcock is USC mascot materialstiffolcock is USC mascot materialstiffolcock is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolinaBand View Post
Some people have a hard time distinguishing between not liking a band and them being terrible.
agree