CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Cock Pit

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
NineInchSpurs
WeStill0wnUSC
Regalcock
thekob
Pty23
2000grad
Badazcock
CCC
gromweat
ReadR00ster
Well, as it turns ou (3121)
Luginbill says ECU s (2724)
What the heck is up (2421)
Davis dinged up agai (1926)
ECU fan here (1605)
Freaky Coincidence o (1350)
Defensive stand-arou (1116)
New Photos by Travis (1021)
Quarles is a Colt! (862)
For the love of God! (761)
New Photos by Travis Bell
Davis dinged up again?
Tony Stewart kills Kevin
For the love of God! -- P
Sig I'm giving a Dawg Bud
Luginbill says ECU should
Well, as it turns out, we
Missing that annual relea
Waldrop injured

Closed Thread

Old 03-26-2014, 03:40 PM   #1
Gamecocks1137
Apparent Sunshine Pumper

Male

CockyCash: 300
Gamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot material
Default Clowney feel's it is a "spit in the face" to question his effort

http://q.usatoday.com/2014/03/25/nfl...on-his-effort/

"South Carolina DE Jadeveon Clowney is tired of hearing that he takes plays off and disappointed during his junior campaign.

“When they say that, I take that as spit in the face, really,” Clowney told NFL Network. “I wouldn’t question that about me personally. I love the game and don’t think I take plays off. And I wouldn’t question how much I love it because I wouldn’t be playing this game if I didn’t love it."

Don't ask me why I put an apostrophe between the l and s in feels

"Are you a millionaire right now?" 'Nah, not yet. I'm still broke." - Jadeveon Clowney

Cockytalk's own conspiracy theorist.

Old 03-26-2014, 03:52 PM   #2
roosterdude21
Game MVP

Male

CockyCash: 668
roosterdude21 is USC mascot materialroosterdude21 is USC mascot materialroosterdude21 is USC mascot materialroosterdude21 is USC mascot materialroosterdude21 is USC mascot materialroosterdude21 is USC mascot materialroosterdude21 is USC mascot materialroosterdude21 is USC mascot materialroosterdude21 is USC mascot materialroosterdude21 is USC mascot materialroosterdude21 is USC mascot material
Default Re: Clowney feel's it is a "spit in the face" to question his effort

He does have a point. Also, It's not his fault the cameras followed his every move. We have a bend-don't-break type defense, those guys are on the field a lot when that's the case. Sorry if he rests his hands on his hips after the series where he was in the frame for nearly
Every tackle. Even if that meant chasing down the WR. Not to mention being triple teamed
Old 03-26-2014, 03:58 PM   #3
USCfootball
4-Star

Male

CockyCash: 106666
USCfootball has earned his spursUSCfootball has earned his spursUSCfootball has earned his spursUSCfootball has earned his spursUSCfootball has earned his spursUSCfootball has earned his spurs

C'mon....he took plays off. That said....I don't think it is especially bad. I think alot of players do it.
Old 03-26-2014, 04:00 PM   #4
catdaddy66
Former Walk On in-law

Male

CockyCash: 250018
catdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot material

Time for JD to do the spitting, as it were. I would have been frustrated at the insistence of the media to make a story when there is none. I think he handled it admirably but now he needs to shut them effers UP!!!
Old 03-26-2014, 05:09 PM   #5
ReadR00ster
2nd Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 510
ReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by USCfootball View Post
C'mon....he took plays off. That said....I don't think it is especially bad. I think alot of players do it.

He saves it for big plays. He is not an every down DE. Neither are most. He is still one of the best DE ever to come out of college.
Old 03-26-2014, 05:15 PM   #6
LawyerLarry
Recruit

Male

CockyCash: 500
LawyerLarry has feathers coming inLawyerLarry has feathers coming in

He kicked butt in the Kentucky game...
Old 03-26-2014, 05:16 PM   #7
LawyerLarry
Recruit

Male

And I bought his jersey before the season started, but was ashamed to wear it halfway through the season. Got me a Shaw jersey to replace it with that I'm proud of though.
Old 03-26-2014, 05:22 PM   #8
GarnetArmy07
Legen...DARY

Male

CockyCash: 1101221
GarnetArmy07 is USC mascot materialGarnetArmy07 is USC mascot materialGarnetArmy07 is USC mascot materialGarnetArmy07 is USC mascot materialGarnetArmy07 is USC mascot materialGarnetArmy07 is USC mascot materialGarnetArmy07 is USC mascot materialGarnetArmy07 is USC mascot materialGarnetArmy07 is USC mascot materialGarnetArmy07 is USC mascot materialGarnetArmy07 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by LawyerLarry View Post
And I bought his jersey before the season started, but was ashamed to wear it halfway through the season. Got me a Shaw jersey to replace it with that I'm proud of though.
Congrats! That's all I have for ignorant posts like this one.
Old 03-26-2014, 05:30 PM   #9
LawyerLarry
Recruit

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by GarnetArmy07 View Post
As opposed to your genius retort. Good job, Einstein!
Old 03-26-2014, 05:34 PM   #10
spurrierismyhomeboy
4-Star

CockyCash: 304
spurrierismyhomeboy has earned his spursspurrierismyhomeboy has earned his spursspurrierismyhomeboy has earned his spursspurrierismyhomeboy has earned his spursspurrierismyhomeboy has earned his spursspurrierismyhomeboy has earned his spurs

Quote:
One of the most moronic posts I've seen on here. Congrats!

Old 03-26-2014, 05:35 PM   #11
JohnnyB21
Two Deep

Male

CockyCash: 720
JohnnyB21 is USC mascot materialJohnnyB21 is USC mascot materialJohnnyB21 is USC mascot materialJohnnyB21 is USC mascot materialJohnnyB21 is USC mascot materialJohnnyB21 is USC mascot materialJohnnyB21 is USC mascot materialJohnnyB21 is USC mascot materialJohnnyB21 is USC mascot materialJohnnyB21 is USC mascot materialJohnnyB21 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by GarnetArmy07 View Post
LawyerLarry... isn't he the bandwagon fan that hops teams every few years? Nuff said.

34-17 29-7 34-13 27-17 31-17

Coming for #6 next season!!!

154-71 in past 5 seasons against Clemson.
Old 03-26-2014, 05:35 PM   #12
GarnetSwarm1990
Starter

Male

CockyCash: 738
GarnetSwarm1990 has developed his gaff and talonsGarnetSwarm1990 has developed his gaff and talonsGarnetSwarm1990 has developed his gaff and talonsGarnetSwarm1990 has developed his gaff and talonsGarnetSwarm1990 has developed his gaff and talonsGarnetSwarm1990 has developed his gaff and talonsGarnetSwarm1990 has developed his gaff and talonsGarnetSwarm1990 has developed his gaff and talonsGarnetSwarm1990 has developed his gaff and talonsGarnetSwarm1990 has developed his gaff and talonsGarnetSwarm1990 has developed his gaff and talons

Quote:
Originally Posted by USCfootball View Post
I disagree with that to an extent. His first 2 steps were quick on 99% of plays he was in. He may have slowed down or stopped chasing from the back side on too many plays but EVERY player would do the same thing if 70 of the 80 plays in a game were run away from your side or a quick pass designed to keep you from making a play. Put any other player in the country in his position and the result would be the same.

Maybe he was a little out of shape to start the season and had a big head from all the talk in the off-season but to say he took plays off is not completely accurate IMO.

It should be a spit in the face and I hope he is using it all to fuel his fire and work harder to be the rookie that gets 15+ sacks in his first year.
Old 03-26-2014, 05:42 PM   #13
LawyerLarry
Recruit

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyB21 View Post
LawyerLarry... isn't he the bandwagon fan that hops teams every few years? Nuff said.
Quick to jump to conclusions with no basis in fact to support your position, eh? My first favorite team was Florida when Spurrier was coach. When I heard that he was coming to S.Car, I switched. If I was bandwagon, I would have stuck with Florida for their 2 national championships.
Old 03-26-2014, 05:44 PM   #14
LawyerLarry
Recruit

Male

You don't have to blindly agree with everything your team does in order to be a fan. People are allowed to have contradicting OPINIONS, guys. You may be surprised to know that unbiased non-Gamecocks fans may agree that Clowney didn't give it 100% last year.
Old 03-26-2014, 05:48 PM   #15
JohnnyB21
Two Deep

Male

CockyCash: 720
JohnnyB21 is USC mascot materialJohnnyB21 is USC mascot materialJohnnyB21 is USC mascot materialJohnnyB21 is USC mascot materialJohnnyB21 is USC mascot materialJohnnyB21 is USC mascot materialJohnnyB21 is USC mascot materialJohnnyB21 is USC mascot materialJohnnyB21 is USC mascot materialJohnnyB21 is USC mascot materialJohnnyB21 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Quick to jump to conclusions with no basis in fact to support your position, eh? My first favorite team was Florida when Spurrier was coach. When I heard that he was coming to S.Car, I switched. If I was bandwagon, I would have stuck with Florida for their 2 national championships.
Who will you cheer for when Steve retires? Exactly, case closed.

34-17 29-7 34-13 27-17 31-17

Coming for #6 next season!!!

154-71 in past 5 seasons against Clemson.
Old 03-26-2014, 05:53 PM   #16
c0ckkn0cker
Walk On

Male

c0ckkn0cker has hatched from the shell

Him being in the frame every camera shot I think really pumped up this idea that he takes plays off. I think he gave average to above average effort when compared to any other D1 lineman. I remember watching UCLA vs. VA tech in the bowl w/ Anthony Barr, who some at the time were suggesting may be an equal prospect to clowney (his hype has fallen a bit recently), and only heard his name mentioned 3-4 times with no cameras ever directly focused on him. I don't think Clowney is overrated at all, he's just a victim of the media overrating what a defense end can do...even the best one.
Old 03-26-2014, 05:57 PM   #17
LawyerLarry
Recruit

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyB21 View Post
Who will you cheer for when Steve retires? Exactly, case closed.
You seem to like to jump from topic to topic without resolving anything. I guess you give up on your first unsupported statement that I am a bandwagon fan. Regarding your new question, I will give the Gamecocks a chance for a couple of years after Steve retires. If they make a bad hire and start sucking, I will choose a team that I like better. Maybe Ole Miss or Arkansas if they get rid of Biellema. I would ask you a question... but I don't care.
Old 03-26-2014, 05:59 PM   #18
Spurrier_Superior_One
Excuse Free Zone

Male

CockyCash: 26397596
Spurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot material

The media hyped up Clowney with "The Hit" and now criticizing him for his effort. Welcome to the Big League Clowney, if you can't stand the heat stay out of the NFL this is only a taste of what he is going to get. Even the HBC said Clowney's work ethic was mediocre. He came into the season out of shape, he is the only who takes whole series off, he is the one who called out the defense and then laid out for the Kentucky game, he is the one who bought into his own hype, this is on Clowney and he needs to grow up and start taking responsibility like a man.
Old 03-26-2014, 06:02 PM   #19
crowcutta
2nd Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 1000
crowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot material

a lot of people have taken the opportunity to go over the top with criticism. if they see on tape that he didnt perform well on a play, that gets extrapolated for the whole game somehow. then it goes from the reality of he doesnt go 100% on every single play (no defensive end who gets near that much attention and playing that many snaps does) to he's the laziest player ever. this nonstop effort nonsense is detracting from what will really make him better which is becoming a better technician.

it should piss him off and drive him to be better.
Old 03-26-2014, 06:05 PM   #20
crowcutta
2nd Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 1000
crowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spurrier_Superior_One View Post
he is the only who takes whole series off
que?
Closed Thread