CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Cock Pit

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
JerseyBird
bcolinc
ConwayGamecock
Latti
The Yancey
kingofnerf
Gamecocks1137
usc1
FanofCarolina1
Travelin
Decommitment from Te (1381)
Duck Bowl Depth Char (961)
Cleveland Browns Hea (831)
Garcia and Clemsux T (787)
Former Gamecock root (494)
Four USC Basketball (446)
Props to Eric Hyman. (354)
Need a dog kennel (343)
NCAAB: CLEMSON @ SOU (273)
Bowl packages (252)
Cleveland Browns Headshot
**USC vs. Clemson GAME Th
It's that time of year!
2014 Subway Classic:**USC
Decommitment from Texas A
Garcia and Clemsux Tom
Franks boy's are playing
Duck Bowl Depth Chart
My early Monday dinner .
looks like we have 2 OL r

Old 03-27-2014, 08:05 PM   #1
Darth Visor
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 1000866
Darth Visor is crowing loudlyDarth Visor is crowing loudlyDarth Visor is crowing loudlyDarth Visor is crowing loudlyDarth Visor is crowing loudlyDarth Visor is crowing loudlyDarth Visor is crowing loudlyDarth Visor is crowing loudlyDarth Visor is crowing loudlyDarth Visor is crowing loudlyDarth Visor is crowing loudly
Default Passing Gamecock

CockyTalk Nation,

Not a frequent poster but visit the site very often. Just wanted to spread some news that my grandfather passed away yesterday at the age of 78. He went to college at Clemson and cheered for the Tigers until they fired Danny Ford and decided he wasn't going to give his allegiance to a team that would do that to their national title winning coach.

Anyways, he began cheering for Carolina in 1990 and went through many of the tough seasons you all experienced. He got me HOOKED on Carolina football when I was 12 years old, which would be back in 2002. My first game I really ever remember was the 2003 Vandy game which I attended. From 2004-2008 before I left for college I probably watched every game with him in his garage except a handful. He would always entertain me with his in game nuances he had: Crossing his fingers for good luck, saying "kangaroo kangaroo" on kickoffs and punts to ensure our ball carrier held on, and calling a fumble a "Salipaticus" play, a.k.a. the shittiest play in football. We attended Spurrier's first game at South Carolina in 2005 and watched our Gamecocks get the victory over UCF. He was a true fan and would always get teary eyed when his Gamecocks found victory.

My grandfather was like my best friend and my mentor. We could sit and talk about South Carolina football for hours among hours, just in anticipation of kickoff. I'm 23 now and my first season ever having season tickets was last year. I am getting them again this year and it will be a special year for me knowing he is looking down on Williams Brice and cheering on his Gamecocks.

"C'mon Cocks Fight Damnit Fight!" -Papa
Old 03-27-2014, 09:01 PM   #2
johnnyb
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Male

CockyCash: 1715674460
johnnyb is USC mascot materialjohnnyb is USC mascot materialjohnnyb is USC mascot materialjohnnyb is USC mascot materialjohnnyb is USC mascot materialjohnnyb is USC mascot materialjohnnyb is USC mascot materialjohnnyb is USC mascot materialjohnnyb is USC mascot materialjohnnyb is USC mascot materialjohnnyb is USC mascot material
Default Re: Passing Gamecock

Sorry for your loss

To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason is like administering medicine to the dead.
johnnyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2014, 09:43 PM   #3
catdaddy66
Former Walk On in-law

Male

CockyCash: 250018
catdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot material

Remember those games! My father traveled to all the games and I watched our first bowl win vs West Virginia in the 1995 CarQuest bowl with him. Sports matters, and those moments are why. Very sorry to hear of your loss.
Old 03-27-2014, 09:50 PM   #4
Cockypantherfan
Household Name

Male

CockyCash: 200
Cockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot material

Sorry to hear about your grandfather passing, but at least you have tons of good memories with him. Hopefully he will cheer us on to a magical season this year.
Cockypantherfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2014, 10:00 PM   #5
taylorssc
Banned

Male

taylorssc is USC mascot materialtaylorssc is USC mascot materialtaylorssc is USC mascot materialtaylorssc is USC mascot materialtaylorssc is USC mascot materialtaylorssc is USC mascot materialtaylorssc is USC mascot materialtaylorssc is USC mascot materialtaylorssc is USC mascot materialtaylorssc is USC mascot materialtaylorssc is USC mascot material

Sorry to hear about your grandfather. I'll keep you and your family in my thoughts.

Thanks for sharing, it brings back good memories of my grandfather.
taylorssc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2014, 10:05 PM   #6
OldPat
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 1000000500
OldPat is USC mascot materialOldPat is USC mascot materialOldPat is USC mascot materialOldPat is USC mascot materialOldPat is USC mascot materialOldPat is USC mascot materialOldPat is USC mascot materialOldPat is USC mascot materialOldPat is USC mascot materialOldPat is USC mascot materialOldPat is USC mascot material

DV, Gamecock Heaven: +1.
OldPat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2014, 10:09 PM   #7
rrsandersjr
Blue Chip

Male

rrsandersjr has developed his gaff and talonsrrsandersjr has developed his gaff and talonsrrsandersjr has developed his gaff and talonsrrsandersjr has developed his gaff and talonsrrsandersjr has developed his gaff and talonsrrsandersjr has developed his gaff and talonsrrsandersjr has developed his gaff and talonsrrsandersjr has developed his gaff and talonsrrsandersjr has developed his gaff and talonsrrsandersjr has developed his gaff and talonsrrsandersjr has developed his gaff and talons

Your story is one of happy memories...too many times I hear of people who wished they had spent more time with a loved one. May God bless you and your family and cherish the memories!
rrsandersjr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2014, 10:28 PM   #8
roosterdude21
Bowl MVP

Male

CockyCash: 1999829275
roosterdude21 is USC mascot materialroosterdude21 is USC mascot materialroosterdude21 is USC mascot materialroosterdude21 is USC mascot materialroosterdude21 is USC mascot materialroosterdude21 is USC mascot materialroosterdude21 is USC mascot materialroosterdude21 is USC mascot materialroosterdude21 is USC mascot materialroosterdude21 is USC mascot materialroosterdude21 is USC mascot material

My condolences
roosterdude21 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2014, 10:47 AM   #9
CockyFanForLife
Recruit

Female

CockyCash: 500
CockyFanForLife rules the CockPitCockyFanForLife rules the CockPitCockyFanForLife rules the CockPitCockyFanForLife rules the CockPitCockyFanForLife rules the CockPitCockyFanForLife rules the CockPitCockyFanForLife rules the CockPitCockyFanForLife rules the CockPitCockyFanForLife rules the CockPitCockyFanForLife rules the CockPitCockyFanForLife rules the CockPit

Wonderful memories for a lifetime! Sports do bond us together. I am very sorry for your loss.
CockyFanForLife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2014, 11:33 AM   #10
Jethro Beaver
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 355
Jethro Beaver rules the CockPitJethro Beaver rules the CockPitJethro Beaver rules the CockPitJethro Beaver rules the CockPitJethro Beaver rules the CockPitJethro Beaver rules the CockPitJethro Beaver rules the CockPitJethro Beaver rules the CockPitJethro Beaver rules the CockPitJethro Beaver rules the CockPitJethro Beaver rules the CockPit

My Sympathy for your loss, Sir. KANGAROO, KANGAROO!!! (LOVE THAT btw) May have to use that in honor of your Papa, if you don't mind. Can you share his name with us?
Jethro Beaver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2014, 11:46 AM   #11
HUGEGARNETCOCK
4EVER CROWING!

Male

CockyCash: 490
HUGEGARNETCOCK is crowing loudlyHUGEGARNETCOCK is crowing loudlyHUGEGARNETCOCK is crowing loudlyHUGEGARNETCOCK is crowing loudlyHUGEGARNETCOCK is crowing loudlyHUGEGARNETCOCK is crowing loudlyHUGEGARNETCOCK is crowing loudlyHUGEGARNETCOCK is crowing loudlyHUGEGARNETCOCK is crowing loudlyHUGEGARNETCOCK is crowing loudlyHUGEGARNETCOCK is crowing loudly

Great memories! Keep them close to your heart! I miss my Poppa and Granny all the time . One day we will all be back together.
Old 03-28-2014, 02:30 PM   #12
Darth Visor
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 1000866
Darth Visor is crowing loudlyDarth Visor is crowing loudlyDarth Visor is crowing loudlyDarth Visor is crowing loudlyDarth Visor is crowing loudlyDarth Visor is crowing loudlyDarth Visor is crowing loudlyDarth Visor is crowing loudlyDarth Visor is crowing loudlyDarth Visor is crowing loudlyDarth Visor is crowing loudly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jethro Beaver View Post
My Sympathy for your loss, Sir. KANGAROO, KANGAROO!!! (LOVE THAT btw) May have to use that in honor of your Papa, if you don't mind. Can you share his name with us?
Jack L. Phillips Sr.
Old 03-28-2014, 02:40 PM   #13
scfanz
Game MVP

Male

CockyCash: 500
scfanz is USC mascot materialscfanz is USC mascot materialscfanz is USC mascot materialscfanz is USC mascot materialscfanz is USC mascot materialscfanz is USC mascot materialscfanz is USC mascot materialscfanz is USC mascot materialscfanz is USC mascot materialscfanz is USC mascot materialscfanz is USC mascot material

Sorry for our loss, but consider yourself lucky that you have so many happy memories with your grandfather.
scfanz is offline   Reply With Quote