CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Sarge

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
Gamecocks1137
johnnyb
Order 66
markp_vip
QCB
taylorssc
ChickenButt
Gamecocks321
l^l^lBGCock
NAGamecockFan
No Comments on the H (1258)
Call of Duty: Advanc (404)
Freshman ND WR " (329)
NFL: CHARGERS @ BRON (278)
Vote For Cocky (166)
Things They Should H (160)
Good Riddance to bad (157)
Keeping tailgate foo (147)
An A to Z of Noah We (77)
BAW
Texas athletic director:
Keeping tailgate food saf
Roll call for Auburn
So Disappointed With The
Which loss hurt worse, Mi
Discussion: 2015 Recruiti
Who start on the d line t
The Gator Bowl wants us!
Call of Duty: Advanced Wa

Old 03-27-2014, 08:51 AM   #1
Cocklover
Take Chances

Female

2009 Awards: Awards for best Posters - Given for: Best Signature 2008 Cockytalk Award: 2008 Cockytalk Award - Given for: 2008 Best Non Football Poster 
CockyCash: 1103858
Cocklover is USC mascot materialCocklover is USC mascot materialCocklover is USC mascot materialCocklover is USC mascot materialCocklover is USC mascot materialCocklover is USC mascot materialCocklover is USC mascot materialCocklover is USC mascot materialCocklover is USC mascot materialCocklover is USC mascot materialCocklover is USC mascot material
Send a message via Yahoo to Cocklover
Default Tennessee Series

It will be interesting to see how they handle this series....60% chance of rain tomorrow and 80% chance on Saturday.
Old 03-27-2014, 08:57 AM   #2
davidmc467
Little Engine That Could

Male

CockyCash: 500
davidmc467 is USC mascot materialdavidmc467 is USC mascot materialdavidmc467 is USC mascot materialdavidmc467 is USC mascot materialdavidmc467 is USC mascot materialdavidmc467 is USC mascot materialdavidmc467 is USC mascot materialdavidmc467 is USC mascot materialdavidmc467 is USC mascot materialdavidmc467 is USC mascot materialdavidmc467 is USC mascot material
Default Re: Tennessee Series

Tripleheader Sunday!

But seriously....It looks like the weather may clear out or at least diminish by Saturday night. Soggy field...but they'd at least be able to get a game in then. Then, maybe a doubleheader Sunday?

davidmc467 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2014, 09:08 AM   #3
jojaba71
Recruit

Male

jojaba71 is developing his combjojaba71 is developing his combjojaba71 is developing his combjojaba71 is developing his combjojaba71 is developing his combjojaba71 is developing his combjojaba71 is developing his combjojaba71 is developing his combjojaba71 is developing his combjojaba71 is developing his comb

Does SEC allow games to be played on Monday? I can't remember. I know they play some Monday games in the ACC.
jojaba71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2014, 09:12 AM   #4
TrueGarnet
Under NCAA Investigation

Male

CockyCash: 9975200
TrueGarnet rules the CockPitTrueGarnet rules the CockPitTrueGarnet rules the CockPitTrueGarnet rules the CockPitTrueGarnet rules the CockPitTrueGarnet rules the CockPitTrueGarnet rules the CockPitTrueGarnet rules the CockPitTrueGarnet rules the CockPitTrueGarnet rules the CockPitTrueGarnet rules the CockPit

I woke up this AM wondering the same. I have Saturday tickets. I'm inclined to go ahead and get a hotel reserved for Saturday evening under the thoughts that Saturdays game will be either Saturday, but if not, Sunday.......Is that a fair assumption considering Friday is sketchy as well?
Old 03-27-2014, 09:25 AM   #5
usc1
Class of 2013

Male

CockyCash: 200
usc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot material

Why does it rain on every other weekend series?
Old 03-27-2014, 10:08 AM   #6
Luke Skycocker
Git Dat Baw

Male

2011 Football Pickem: 2011 Football Pickem - Given for: 2011 Football Pickem Champ 
CockyCash: 106687138593
Luke Skycocker is USC mascot materialLuke Skycocker is USC mascot materialLuke Skycocker is USC mascot materialLuke Skycocker is USC mascot materialLuke Skycocker is USC mascot materialLuke Skycocker is USC mascot materialLuke Skycocker is USC mascot materialLuke Skycocker is USC mascot materialLuke Skycocker is USC mascot materialLuke Skycocker is USC mascot materialLuke Skycocker is USC mascot material

I'd try to play a doubleheader tomorrow starting at 3 or so. Chance of rain is only 40% tomorrow night where I'm looking
Old 03-27-2014, 10:40 AM   #7
Cocklover
Take Chances

Female

2009 Awards: Awards for best Posters - Given for: Best Signature 2008 Cockytalk Award: 2008 Cockytalk Award - Given for: 2008 Best Non Football Poster 
Cocklover is USC mascot materialCocklover is USC mascot materialCocklover is USC mascot materialCocklover is USC mascot materialCocklover is USC mascot materialCocklover is USC mascot materialCocklover is USC mascot materialCocklover is USC mascot materialCocklover is USC mascot materialCocklover is USC mascot materialCocklover is USC mascot material

I always go by WISTV... www.wistv.com and if you look at the 7 day forecast they have 60% chance tomorrow and 80% on Saturday. It showed the line rain being here early afternoon on Friday through evening. There's a break somewhere until it starts again around 11AM on Saturday.
Old 03-27-2014, 12:32 PM   #8
Cocklover
Take Chances

Female

Now it's a 70% chance tomorrow and 90% on Saturday...

http://www.wistv.com/category/200410...7-day-forecast
Old 03-27-2014, 12:56 PM   #9
Latt7more
Ball so hard...

Male

Latt7more rules the CockPitLatt7more rules the CockPitLatt7more rules the CockPitLatt7more rules the CockPitLatt7more rules the CockPitLatt7more rules the CockPitLatt7more rules the CockPitLatt7more rules the CockPitLatt7more rules the CockPitLatt7more rules the CockPitLatt7more rules the CockPit

Quote:
Originally Posted by jojaba71 View Post
Does SEC allow games to be played on Monday? I can't remember. I know they play some Monday games in the ACC.
I don't think they do.
Old 03-27-2014, 12:57 PM   #10
smoovecock
The Gamecock Pimps Daddy

Male

2009 Awards: Awards for best Posters - Given for: Homecoming King 
smoovecock is USC mascot materialsmoovecock is USC mascot materialsmoovecock is USC mascot materialsmoovecock is USC mascot materialsmoovecock is USC mascot materialsmoovecock is USC mascot materialsmoovecock is USC mascot materialsmoovecock is USC mascot materialsmoovecock is USC mascot materialsmoovecock is USC mascot materialsmoovecock is USC mascot material

I really want to see Monty pitch a good conference game...The pizza is starting to cool on him...
Old 03-27-2014, 01:59 PM   #11
Tony
Recruit

Male

CockyCash: 350
Tony has developed his gaff and talonsTony has developed his gaff and talonsTony has developed his gaff and talonsTony has developed his gaff and talonsTony has developed his gaff and talonsTony has developed his gaff and talonsTony has developed his gaff and talonsTony has developed his gaff and talonsTony has developed his gaff and talonsTony has developed his gaff and talonsTony has developed his gaff and talons

Glad I don't have tickets to the Cup on Saturday, it will be a drunk nasty mess.
Old 03-27-2014, 03:45 PM   #12
behindenemylines
Tater Edumacated

Male

behindenemylines is USC mascot materialbehindenemylines is USC mascot materialbehindenemylines is USC mascot materialbehindenemylines is USC mascot materialbehindenemylines is USC mascot materialbehindenemylines is USC mascot materialbehindenemylines is USC mascot materialbehindenemylines is USC mascot materialbehindenemylines is USC mascot materialbehindenemylines is USC mascot materialbehindenemylines is USC mascot material

This has to be a sweep, right? Not that we are in must sweep mode, but just to re-establish ourselves.

He wasn't very tough, We were just missing tackles. - UGA safety Bacarri Rambo said

Y'all see 246. I see 300. - Latti

The ONLY disability in life is a bad attitude. - Matthew Jeffers
behindenemylines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2014, 03:52 PM   #13
Roosterboy
Household Name

Male

Roosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot material

The key this weekend is getting Monty back on track...we do that and this series shouldn't be a problem.
1975, 1977, 1981, 1982, 1985, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2010, 2011, 2012
Two-time National Champs

Roosterboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2014, 03:52 PM   #14
Roosterboy
Household Name

Male

Roosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by behindenemylines View Post
This has to be a sweep, right? Not that we are in must sweep mode, but just to re-establish ourselves.
I don't think it is a must sweep series...but certainly a must-win series.
1975, 1977, 1981, 1982, 1985, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2010, 2011, 2012
Two-time National Champs

Roosterboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2014, 07:45 PM   #15
GabbieM
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 850
GabbieM is crowing loudlyGabbieM is crowing loudlyGabbieM is crowing loudlyGabbieM is crowing loudlyGabbieM is crowing loudlyGabbieM is crowing loudlyGabbieM is crowing loudlyGabbieM is crowing loudlyGabbieM is crowing loudlyGabbieM is crowing loudlyGabbieM is crowing loudly

After reviewing the SEC rules for weather problems.. and also thinking it through on multiple weather models.. the rain is most likely coming for sure through Sat evening.

TN shouldn't stay until Monday due to traveling rules etc.. so the worst case scenario will be the following:

Double header Sunday with two seven inning games. The third game could be entirely skipped under this scenario.

We'll see how the field holds up to the rain Sat morning/afternoon and hopefully the rain will pull out before 4pm to allow for it to be worked on. Right now, it looks like it could stay until 8 or 9pm.

I don't base "rain chances" off the weather channel type sites that go hour by hour by the way as they're highly inconsistent... Friday seems to be a definite no. Maybe some times can be shifted around etc to try and get a third game in. We'll see.
GabbieM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2014, 07:49 PM   #16
jojaba71
Recruit

Male

jojaba71 is developing his combjojaba71 is developing his combjojaba71 is developing his combjojaba71 is developing his combjojaba71 is developing his combjojaba71 is developing his combjojaba71 is developing his combjojaba71 is developing his combjojaba71 is developing his combjojaba71 is developing his comb

Quote:
Originally Posted by GabbieM View Post
After reviewing the SEC rules for weather problems.. and also thinking it through on multiple weather models.. the rain is most likely coming for sure through Sat evening.

TN shouldn't stay until Monday due to traveling rules etc.. so the worst case scenario will be the following:

Double header Sunday with two seven inning games. The third game could be entirely skipped under this scenario.

We'll see how the field holds up to the rain Sat morning/afternoon and hopefully the rain will pull out before 4pm to allow for it to be worked on. Right now, it looks like it could stay until 8 or 9pm.

I don't base "rain chances" off the weather channel type sites that go hour by hour by the way as they're highly inconsistent... Friday seems to be a definite no. Maybe some times can be shifted around etc to try and get a third game in. We'll see.
Thanks for the research.
jojaba71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2014, 07:50 PM   #17
GabbieM
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 850
GabbieM is crowing loudlyGabbieM is crowing loudlyGabbieM is crowing loudlyGabbieM is crowing loudlyGabbieM is crowing loudlyGabbieM is crowing loudlyGabbieM is crowing loudlyGabbieM is crowing loudlyGabbieM is crowing loudlyGabbieM is crowing loudlyGabbieM is crowing loudly

Fwiw; here is a snippet of the discussion from our local guys at the National Weather Service/NOAA:

Quote:
CONFIDENCE IN
RAINFALL AMOUNTS REMAINS LOW FOR SATURDAY AS MODELS CONTINUE TO
HAVE A HARD TIME HANDLING THE EVENT. THEREFORE...HAVE CONTINUED
LEANING TOWARD THE MORE CONSISTENT GFS...WITH ONE QUARTER INCH OR
LESS EXPECTED THROUGH THE DAY SATURDAY.

That is encouraging to have lower amounts being shown. Also, the "GFS" computer model they speak of tends to over do rainfall a lot of times.
GabbieM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2014, 07:51 PM   #18
GapoGamecock51
I Put Threadz 2 Sleep

Male

CockyCash: 24873509
GapoGamecock51 is USC mascot materialGapoGamecock51 is USC mascot materialGapoGamecock51 is USC mascot materialGapoGamecock51 is USC mascot materialGapoGamecock51 is USC mascot materialGapoGamecock51 is USC mascot materialGapoGamecock51 is USC mascot materialGapoGamecock51 is USC mascot materialGapoGamecock51 is USC mascot materialGapoGamecock51 is USC mascot materialGapoGamecock51 is USC mascot material
Send a message via AIM to GapoGamecock51 Send a message via Yahoo to GapoGamecock51

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cocklover View Post
It will be interesting to see how they handle this series....60% chance of rain tomorrow and 80% chance on Saturday.
Friday or Sunday I'll gladly work a double header, if it means I get to be there for the entirety of my baby's first birthday party.

Gapo
Old 03-27-2014, 09:31 PM   #19
ConwayGamecock
The Classic Double-Take

Male

CockyCash: 71443
ConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot material

Quote:
I don't even think they allow for late evening games on Sunday.....don't they have a 3:45 pm Sunday rule for traveling SEC teams during conference play? UGA and LSU's Sunday game last weekend ended as a 2-2 Tie officially because it went 13 innings and encroached into the deadline for Sunday games. Also think traveling teams are not allowed per SEC rule to stay overnight on Sundays, in order to not miss Monday classes. I think this may apply for traveling teams that travel by airways: don't know if UT will fly or travel by bus, but I also could be wrong about this as well....

We may see a situation where a game or games of this series is cancelled due to weather, and simply not made up. That also happened with us last year at Vanderbilt, where our Sunday gm with them was cancelled due to rain and never made up: we ultimately ended up only playing 29 SEC gms as opposed to 30, going 17-12 overall....
ConwayGamecock is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2014, 09:44 PM   #20
aftertwobowls
4-Star

Male

CockyCash: 4250000
aftertwobowls is USC mascot materialaftertwobowls is USC mascot materialaftertwobowls is USC mascot materialaftertwobowls is USC mascot materialaftertwobowls is USC mascot materialaftertwobowls is USC mascot materialaftertwobowls is USC mascot materialaftertwobowls is USC mascot materialaftertwobowls is USC mascot materialaftertwobowls is USC mascot materialaftertwobowls is USC mascot material

Quote:
The ACC plays one Saturday-Monday series a week, and the SEC plays one Thursday-Saturday series a week once conference play starts. Both the series usually get 2 of their games on the ESPN networks every week. Missouri @ Auburn is on ESPNU right now.

Last edited by aftertwobowls; 03-27-2014 at 10:02 PM.
aftertwobowls is offline   Reply With Quote