CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Proving Ground

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
ucan'tlickourcocks
b381l
NAGamecockFan
cocksmith1or11
kingofnerf
ReadR00ster
BigRedCock
El Cid Ranger
robgusc76
NinjaSven
Freshman ND WR " (923)
Call of Duty: Advanc (548)
Good Riddance to bad (493)
Keeping tailgate foo (333)
NCAAF: SOUTH CAROLIN (311)
Bashing Players, coa (262)
The Comeback & T (262)
An A to Z of Noah We (227)
Wallpaper & Back (128)
Instrumental Music ( (116)
Texas athletic director:
Discussion: 2015 Recruiti
The Comeback & The Bl
Rank the QBs under Spurri
TeMarcus Blanton
2015 Commitment - Lorenzo
Instrumental Music (Pre g
Bashing Players, coaches,
Why I think we beat Aubur
Wallpaper & Backgroun

Old Yesterday, 11:08 PM   #1
Goofyboy
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 500
Goofyboy is USC mascot materialGoofyboy is USC mascot materialGoofyboy is USC mascot materialGoofyboy is USC mascot materialGoofyboy is USC mascot materialGoofyboy is USC mascot materialGoofyboy is USC mascot materialGoofyboy is USC mascot materialGoofyboy is USC mascot materialGoofyboy is USC mascot materialGoofyboy is USC mascot material
Default Bashing Players, coaches, and recruits

There's a lot of it going on now on this board. Making generalized negative statements, calling for firing, talk of leaving a kid home, calling him a bust, accusing a recruit of having no work ethic or being afraid to compete make the board sound like a dump forum for spoiled, negative complainers. I'm glad the mods cleaned-up the name-calling among posters caused by the perpetually hostile posters. I kinda wish they would delete posts by the slanderers and boot them after two or three deletes. Point out something specific a player, coach, or recruit did wrong, OK. Don't assassinate character or make-up charges based on disappointment. I think it shows a lack of discipline as a poster and shows thoughtlessness as a fan. It certainly sours the atmosphere of the board.
Goofyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 11:46 PM   #2
rrsandersjr
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 200
rrsandersjr is developing his combrrsandersjr is developing his combrrsandersjr is developing his combrrsandersjr is developing his combrrsandersjr is developing his combrrsandersjr is developing his combrrsandersjr is developing his combrrsandersjr is developing his combrrsandersjr is developing his comb
Default Re: Bashing Players, coaches, and recruits

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goofyboy View Post
There's a lot of it going on now on this board. Making generalized negative statements, calling for firing, talk of leaving a kid home, calling him a bust, accusing a recruit of having no work ethic or being afraid to compete make the board sound like a dump forum for spoiled, negative complainers. I'm glad the mods cleaned-up the name-calling among posters caused by the perpetually hostile posters. I kinda wish they would delete posts by the slanderers and boot them after two or three deletes. Point out something specific a player, coach, or recruit did wrong, OK. Don't assassinate character or make-up charges based on disappointment. I think it shows a lack of discipline as a poster and shows thoughtlessness as a fan. It certainly sours the atmosphere of the board.
rrsandersjr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 12:33 AM   #3
ReadR00ster
2nd Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 200
ReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot material

It's not based on disappointment it's based on the fact that our coaches, at least on defense, are doing a very very very bad job. If someone is doing a terrible job they are going to be called out for it and it if doesn't get fixed soon then fans will want that person to be replaced. That's life in sports. Their job is to get results. The fans don't believe in certain coaches and those coaches have given them plenty of reason for that. What did they specifically do wrong? They put a god awful defense on the field game after game after game. That's what.
ReadR00ster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 12:53 AM   #4
Goofyboy
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 500
Goofyboy is USC mascot materialGoofyboy is USC mascot materialGoofyboy is USC mascot materialGoofyboy is USC mascot materialGoofyboy is USC mascot materialGoofyboy is USC mascot materialGoofyboy is USC mascot materialGoofyboy is USC mascot materialGoofyboy is USC mascot materialGoofyboy is USC mascot materialGoofyboy is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReadR00ster View Post
It's not based on disappointment it's based on the fact that our coaches, at least on defense, are doing a very very very bad job. If someone is doing a terrible job they are going to be called out for it and it if doesn't get fixed soon then fans will want that person to be replaced. That's life in sports. Their job is to get results. The fans don't believe in certain coaches and those coaches have given them plenty of reason for that.
It's a fact that Mizz completed a 30+ yard pass to a player with 2 defenders on him. It's a fact that we lost to Kentucky after leading by 13 in the fourth quarter. It's an opinion that anybody is doing a "very very very bad job." I have no problem with dealing in specific perceived mistakes. It's my opinion that stirring up coaching issues at certain times of the year is detrimental to a program, harms morale, and can harm recruiting. It's my opinion that trashing recruits who decide to go elsewhere or waffle or calling players a "bust" harms the perception of the fanbase as supporting the players on a team. It's also my opinion that some posters on this board show poor judgement and lack needed restraint when they are disappointed with results or when their favorite player isn't playing.
Goofyboy is offline   Reply With Quote