CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Other Sports > The Locker Room

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
ucan'tlickourcocks
b381l
NAGamecockFan
kingofnerf
ReadR00ster
BigRedCock
El Cid Ranger
ChickenButt
lilhornet
robgusc76
Freshman ND WR " (873)
Call of Duty: Advanc (542)
Good Riddance to bad (477)
Keeping tailgate foo (329)
NCAAF: SOUTH CAROLIN (299)
Bashing Players, coa (240)
The Comeback & T (235)
An A to Z of Noah We (218)
Wallpaper & Back (119)
Instrumental Music ( (106)
Rank the QBs under Spurri
TeMarcus Blanton
2015 Commitment - Lorenzo
Discussion: 2015 Recruiti
Instrumental Music (Pre g
Bashing Players, coaches,
Texas athletic director:
Why I think we beat Aubur
Wallpaper & Backgroun
Ranking Top HC jobs in SE

Old 04-25-2014, 09:37 PM   #1
b381l
Heisman Winner

Male

CockyCash: 52205
b381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot material
Default SEC Network - Directv

A poster on TBS who manages hotels across the southeast contacted Directv and wants to use them in the hotels.....but said the deal required them to get the SEC network. He was given strong assurances by them that was going to happen. So he signed with them with a clause that they pay him if they don't.
His post sounded very legit.
b381l is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2014, 08:50 AM   #2
Spurrier_Superior_One
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 26397596
Spurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot material
Default Re: SEC Network - Directv

I hope so since I got Directv.
Spurrier_Superior_One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2014, 10:32 AM   #3
JerseyBird
Fuggedaboudit

Male

CockyCash: 2332
JerseyBird is USC mascot materialJerseyBird is USC mascot materialJerseyBird is USC mascot materialJerseyBird is USC mascot materialJerseyBird is USC mascot materialJerseyBird is USC mascot materialJerseyBird is USC mascot materialJerseyBird is USC mascot materialJerseyBird is USC mascot materialJerseyBird is USC mascot materialJerseyBird is USC mascot material

Pretty cool - as I've posted before I'm sure it will happen but probably not until the last couple weeks, the way things usually work out
Old 04-26-2014, 10:54 AM   #4
JAYBEZ
1st Team All-SEC

Male

2008 Cockytalk Award: 2008 Cockytalk Award - Given for: 2008 Best Signature 2007 NCAA Bracket Challenge: 2007 NCAA Bracket Challenge - Given for: 1st place Fark Off Winner: Award given for winning a CockyTalk Fark Off - Given for: Winning the Farkoff 
CockyCash: 117561006
JAYBEZ is USC mascot materialJAYBEZ is USC mascot materialJAYBEZ is USC mascot materialJAYBEZ is USC mascot materialJAYBEZ is USC mascot materialJAYBEZ is USC mascot materialJAYBEZ is USC mascot materialJAYBEZ is USC mascot materialJAYBEZ is USC mascot materialJAYBEZ is USC mascot materialJAYBEZ is USC mascot material

I am not worried about directv getting it, I am worried about potential cost. I would rather it be free like NFL network. (Just the channel not Sunday ticket)
Old 04-26-2014, 11:33 AM   #5
b381l
Heisman Winner

Male

b381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot material

ESPN and CBS will still carry a majority of the most important weekly games.
I think Directv will add it to their sports pack and add a few dollars....I just don't see them being able to charge that much for "second tier" SEC games.
Old 04-26-2014, 12:10 PM   #6
CockyCyclone
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 16788014
CockyCyclone is crowing loudlyCockyCyclone is crowing loudlyCockyCyclone is crowing loudlyCockyCyclone is crowing loudlyCockyCyclone is crowing loudlyCockyCyclone is crowing loudlyCockyCyclone is crowing loudlyCockyCyclone is crowing loudlyCockyCyclone is crowing loudlyCockyCyclone is crowing loudlyCockyCyclone is crowing loudly

I wouldn't ever sign something like that on an assurance from a company they would do something but I guess I'm a cynic. I switched to dish from direct and I'm pretty happy, as long as you don't want Sunday ticket dish is far superior in terms of having college networks and games. Plus watch espn now too which is nice.
Old 04-26-2014, 08:07 PM   #7
nin_usc_freak92
Class of 2015

Male

CockyCash: 3400
nin_usc_freak92 rules the CockPitnin_usc_freak92 rules the CockPitnin_usc_freak92 rules the CockPitnin_usc_freak92 rules the CockPitnin_usc_freak92 rules the CockPitnin_usc_freak92 rules the CockPitnin_usc_freak92 rules the CockPitnin_usc_freak92 rules the CockPitnin_usc_freak92 rules the CockPitnin_usc_freak92 rules the CockPitnin_usc_freak92 rules the CockPit

It's a matter of time thing. Let them work out the deal and realize they'll make more together than they would without each other, and it'll all be fine.

Look back at how DirecTV handled the whole Viacom situation 2 years ago.
Old 04-26-2014, 09:13 PM   #8
Spurrier_Superior_One
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 26397596
Spurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAYBEZ View Post
I am not worried about directv getting it, I am worried about potential cost. I would rather it be free like NFL network. (Just the channel not Sunday ticket)
We already get the B1G Network without extra charge on Direct so hopefully the SEC Network gets the same treatment
Spurrier_Superior_One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2014, 09:21 PM   #9
b381l
Heisman Winner

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAYBEZ View Post
I think the cost will be minimal for the first couple of years to see what the ratings look like. The estimated money going to the schools the first couple of years is not that much.