CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Cock Pit

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
TAFC 5 1981
Gamecocks1137
Yearofthegamecock
kick_ball
Coulwoodwarlord
Blackland
ChickenButt
airborne09
ReadR00ster
Order 66
uniforms saturday (2120)
Vandy Fans (1457)
Auburn looks beatabl (971)
Clemson requires sex (559)
Watch ESPN3 regional (558)
King - South Carolin (530)
Cardinal's Jonathan (411)
Three young corners (382)
**official Vandy pre (367)
No Vandy Predictions (291)
Auburn looks beatable
Cardinal's Jonathan Dwyer
Next years RB situation
The SEC East schedule fro
Three young corners progr
**official Vandy predicti
In light of our matchup w
Search Snacks
Hotel in Nashville?
Davis dinged up again?

Old Today, 01:04 PM   #1
thelob
Walk On

Male

CockyCash: 500
thelob is sharpening his clawsthelob is sharpening his clawsthelob is sharpening his clawsthelob is sharpening his claws
Default Watch ESPN3 regional black out games

Hello everyone!

Since a new Football season is underway, I wanted to share a very useful way to watch games that may be blacked out in SC (or other regions for that matter) when using ESPN3 online.
Please note: This requires the use of a Browser (the add-on is available for Chrome and Firefox, I'm not sure about Internet Explorer) to watch ESPN3. You will not be able to use your game console to watch a blacked out game.

The browser add-on called Hola can be installed which allows you to use different DNS servers to view content. It can be installed from your browser add-on store.

I tested this last year with the USC - Coastal Carolina game, and it worked great.
I also tested it this year again to watch FSU v. The Citadel a few weeks ago, and it still worked.

As a bonus, this also works with other streaming services like Netflix, and depending on the country you select, you get more content.

Happy Streaming, & Go Cocks!
thelob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 01:08 PM   #2
GamecockALAN
4-Star

Male

CockyCash: 479
GamecockALAN rules the CockPitGamecockALAN rules the CockPitGamecockALAN rules the CockPitGamecockALAN rules the CockPitGamecockALAN rules the CockPitGamecockALAN rules the CockPitGamecockALAN rules the CockPitGamecockALAN rules the CockPitGamecockALAN rules the CockPitGamecockALAN rules the CockPitGamecockALAN rules the CockPit
Default Re: Watch ESPN3 regional black out games

Nice info. Thanks!
Old Today, 01:12 PM   #3
gamecockgal
Cave Johnson's Lemons!!!!

Female

CockyCash: 1000000
gamecockgal is USC mascot materialgamecockgal is USC mascot materialgamecockgal is USC mascot materialgamecockgal is USC mascot materialgamecockgal is USC mascot materialgamecockgal is USC mascot materialgamecockgal is USC mascot materialgamecockgal is USC mascot materialgamecockgal is USC mascot materialgamecockgal is USC mascot materialgamecockgal is USC mascot material

Excellent. I will give that a try. Thanks, and some points sent!
Old Today, 02:37 PM   #4
Danmcc3
4-Star

Male

CockyCash: 800
Danmcc3 has developed his gaff and talonsDanmcc3 has developed his gaff and talonsDanmcc3 has developed his gaff and talonsDanmcc3 has developed his gaff and talonsDanmcc3 has developed his gaff and talonsDanmcc3 has developed his gaff and talonsDanmcc3 has developed his gaff and talonsDanmcc3 has developed his gaff and talonsDanmcc3 has developed his gaff and talonsDanmcc3 has developed his gaff and talonsDanmcc3 has developed his gaff and talons

What criteria do they use for a regional blackout? Will the vanderbilt game be blacked out?
Danmcc3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 02:42 PM   #5
USCBatgirl21
Official Baseball Chick

Female

CockyCash: 1000500
USCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot material
Send a message via MSN to USCBatgirl21

Vandy game is on SECNetwork on TV, and WatchESPN online (which is not the same as ESPN3). Not sure why it would be "blacked out" for any reason. I didn't think WatchESPN blacked out games since it's a simultaneous broadcast of what is airing on TV, as opposed to an online only broadcast as is ESPN3.
USCBatgirl21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 04:11 PM   #6
uscsandstorm85
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

uscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPit

They blackout pay per view games in state to make people either buy tickets or pay per view.
Old Today, 04:28 PM   #7
thekob
Household Name

Male

CockyCash: 100700
thekob is USC mascot materialthekob is USC mascot materialthekob is USC mascot materialthekob is USC mascot materialthekob is USC mascot materialthekob is USC mascot materialthekob is USC mascot materialthekob is USC mascot materialthekob is USC mascot materialthekob is USC mascot materialthekob is USC mascot material

LOB, you nerd.

I'll admit it, I'm just bitter because I don't get ESPN3...
thekob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 04:33 PM   #8
dumpyloser
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 994
dumpyloser has developed his gaff and talonsdumpyloser has developed his gaff and talonsdumpyloser has developed his gaff and talonsdumpyloser has developed his gaff and talonsdumpyloser has developed his gaff and talonsdumpyloser has developed his gaff and talonsdumpyloser has developed his gaff and talonsdumpyloser has developed his gaff and talonsdumpyloser has developed his gaff and talonsdumpyloser has developed his gaff and talonsdumpyloser has developed his gaff and talons

There is an app for android that does this as well if you are on WiFi. It is called hot spot shield VPN.... It makes the site think u are in California... I am in mexico and watch ESPN doesn't work unless I use that app.
Old Today, 04:50 PM   #9
Danmcc3
4-Star

Male

CockyCash: 800
Danmcc3 has developed his gaff and talonsDanmcc3 has developed his gaff and talonsDanmcc3 has developed his gaff and talonsDanmcc3 has developed his gaff and talonsDanmcc3 has developed his gaff and talonsDanmcc3 has developed his gaff and talonsDanmcc3 has developed his gaff and talonsDanmcc3 has developed his gaff and talonsDanmcc3 has developed his gaff and talonsDanmcc3 has developed his gaff and talonsDanmcc3 has developed his gaff and talons

Quote:
Originally Posted by USCBatgirl21 View Post
Vandy game is on SECNetwork on TV, and WatchESPN online (which is not the same as ESPN3). Not sure why it would be "blacked out" for any reason. I didn't think WatchESPN blacked out games since it's a simultaneous broadcast of what is airing on TV, as opposed to an online only broadcast as is ESPN3.
Thanks for that. I must have been having a brain fart
Danmcc3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 08:35 PM   #10
doccock
Super Doc

Male

doccock rules the CockPitdoccock rules the CockPitdoccock rules the CockPitdoccock rules the CockPitdoccock rules the CockPitdoccock rules the CockPitdoccock rules the CockPitdoccock rules the CockPitdoccock rules the CockPitdoccock rules the CockPitdoccock rules the CockPit

Hola works on Internet Explorer, Android. Mac, Ipad, Chrome and Firefox.
doc