CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Community > The Water Cooler

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
COCKYTALKIN
WeStillOwnUSC
Gamecocks1137
MountainCock
El Cid Ranger
kingoftheroost
thekob
taylorssc
GarnetSwarm1990
Regalcock
Skai Moore out for U (1098)
Troubles in Tigertow (795)
TN game weather (789)
Lebron makes Clevela (693)
Who is your favorite (645)
Cockaboose Video (478)
Marvel releases movi (319)
Michigan AD Dave Bra (295)
FSU vs. Louisville (227)
NCAAF: TENNESSEE @ S (191)
Lattimore to play after S
Wallpaper & Backgroun
Tennessee Offense Breakdo
Discussion: 2015 Recruiti
Lebron makes Cleveland re
2015 Commitment - Arden K
2015 Commitment - Mark Fi
2016 - Kyran Bowman - Nor
Who is your favorite play
Uniforms for Tenn

View Poll Results: BEST HAIR BAND TOURNAMENT (Semi Finals)
Seed #2: MOTLEY CRUE 15 51.72%
Seed #3: DEF LEPPARD 14 48.28%
Voters: 29. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-07-2014, 07:14 AM   #1
Spurticus
IT'S MY GAMEFACE !!

Male

2008 Cockytalk Award: 2008 Cockytalk Award - Given for: 2008 Best Football Poster Nascar Contest Segment 2 Winner: Winner - Given for: Winning Nascar Segment 2 Football Poster 2005: Award given for the best football related poster - Given for: being voted the best football poster of 2005 
CockyCash: 100200
Spurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot material
Default BEST HAIR BAND TOURNAMENT: (Semi Finals) MOTLEY CREW (#2) vs DEF LEPPARD (#3)

ROUND THREE (Semi Finals)

Vote for your favorite band between these two:

Seed #2: MOTLEY CRUE

Seed #3: DEF LEPPARD

Old 04-07-2014, 07:19 AM   #2
JerseyBird
Fuggedaboudit

Male

CockyCash: 2332
JerseyBird is USC mascot materialJerseyBird is USC mascot materialJerseyBird is USC mascot materialJerseyBird is USC mascot materialJerseyBird is USC mascot materialJerseyBird is USC mascot materialJerseyBird is USC mascot materialJerseyBird is USC mascot materialJerseyBird is USC mascot materialJerseyBird is USC mascot materialJerseyBird is USC mascot material
Default Re: BEST HAIR BAND TOURNAMENT: (Semi Finals) MOTLEY CREW (#2) vs DEF LEPPARD (#3)

Gotta go with the Crue on this one
Old 04-07-2014, 07:29 AM   #3
Spurticus
IT'S MY GAMEFACE !!

Male

2008 Cockytalk Award: 2008 Cockytalk Award - Given for: 2008 Best Football Poster Nascar Contest Segment 2 Winner: Winner - Given for: Winning Nascar Segment 2 Football Poster 2005: Award given for the best football related poster - Given for: being voted the best football poster of 2005 
Spurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot material
Default Re: BEST HAIR BAND TOURNAMENT: (Semi Finals) MOTLEY CREW (#2) vs DEF LEPPARD (#3)

I liked both of these bands to some degree. Always loved Def Leppard's
music (all of it), and loved the early Motley Crue stuff more than their
latter era music. Tough vote for me if I go by way of "priority" and the
way I had them listed on my nominations rankings.

I had Motley Crue on the list somewhere just below mid ways, However...
even though I think Def Leppard was the better of these two bands because
of their music over their careers, I had a tough time trying to decide if
I THOUGHT Def Leppard actually fit my personal idea of a "Hair Band".
I finally opted to leave them off my nominations list for the fact I viewed
them more of a R&B Rock type band (could have gone either way there).

Had I choose to put DL on the list, I probably would have had them ranked
in my Top three choices. Since the decision was tough for me, I'm going
to vote for Def Leppard here. They are (to me) a band that walked the
line between the image of "Hair Metal" and R&B rock, and if it's that close
then I'll go with it. As a HAIR BAND, IMO, there's no contest here. Even
Though Motley Crue's music and live shows around the time they did
Shout At The Devil was Phenomenal in this particular genre, overall they
were just not that impressive to me personally. Def Leppard wrote some
good music throughout their entire career and was just a much more
refined act for my personal taste.

Close, but Def Leppard wins here IMO
Old 04-07-2014, 07:39 AM   #4
JerseyBird
Fuggedaboudit

Male

CockyCash: 2332
JerseyBird is USC mascot materialJerseyBird is USC mascot materialJerseyBird is USC mascot materialJerseyBird is USC mascot materialJerseyBird is USC mascot materialJerseyBird is USC mascot materialJerseyBird is USC mascot materialJerseyBird is USC mascot materialJerseyBird is USC mascot materialJerseyBird is USC mascot materialJerseyBird is USC mascot material

Agreed on DL "walking the line" - my first thought was that DL didn't fit the Hair Metal category so this was a really easy choice, but in thinking about it you could make an argument for them fitting the type. Still, I've said all along that MC is the band that best defines Hair Metal and my choice to win the whole thing, so I give my vote to the Crue with no qualms.

And again, music-wise DL was far better, but to me Hair Metal is more about the image than the music so that only peripherally factors into any of my votes \m/
Old 04-07-2014, 08:16 AM   #5
Spur's Addiction
Been caught moddin'...

Male

CockyCash: 200
Spur's Addiction is USC mascot materialSpur's Addiction is USC mascot materialSpur's Addiction is USC mascot materialSpur's Addiction is USC mascot materialSpur's Addiction is USC mascot materialSpur's Addiction is USC mascot materialSpur's Addiction is USC mascot materialSpur's Addiction is USC mascot materialSpur's Addiction is USC mascot materialSpur's Addiction is USC mascot materialSpur's Addiction is USC mascot material

Def Leppard - One of the best bands in the 80's. Always liked them more the Crew.

And look at that Mullet! Tell me a mullet is does not qualify as a hair band!
Old 04-07-2014, 09:08 AM   #6
Regalcock
Fawlless

Male

CockyCash: 113258514
Regalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot material

I agree with all that has been said here. Shout at the devil was epic. After that it was just pretty good and then they started dressing like poison.

DL get my vote.
Old 04-07-2014, 10:42 AM   #7
SanAntonioCock
Bowl MVP

Male

CockyCash: 224247
SanAntonioCock is USC mascot materialSanAntonioCock is USC mascot materialSanAntonioCock is USC mascot materialSanAntonioCock is USC mascot materialSanAntonioCock is USC mascot materialSanAntonioCock is USC mascot materialSanAntonioCock is USC mascot materialSanAntonioCock is USC mascot materialSanAntonioCock is USC mascot materialSanAntonioCock is USC mascot materialSanAntonioCock is USC mascot material

I poured some sugar on Def Leppard.

Never forget the "y" ...and so forth.
SanAntonioCock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2014, 12:30 PM   #8
Gaichon
Chartreuse Microbus, 10-4

Male

CockyCash: 500
Gaichon is USC mascot materialGaichon is USC mascot materialGaichon is USC mascot materialGaichon is USC mascot materialGaichon is USC mascot materialGaichon is USC mascot materialGaichon is USC mascot materialGaichon is USC mascot materialGaichon is USC mascot materialGaichon is USC mascot materialGaichon is USC mascot material

Toughest decision so far for me, but ultimately went with DL.

Gaichon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2014, 12:58 PM   #9
ACPhilson
Really hates Orange Teams

Male

CockyCash: 1000200
ACPhilson is USC mascot materialACPhilson is USC mascot materialACPhilson is USC mascot materialACPhilson is USC mascot materialACPhilson is USC mascot materialACPhilson is USC mascot materialACPhilson is USC mascot materialACPhilson is USC mascot materialACPhilson is USC mascot materialACPhilson is USC mascot materialACPhilson is USC mascot material

I had to go with The Cre. Liked both bands, but early Cre was awesome. DL's music started sounding all the same from album to album.
Old 04-07-2014, 01:20 PM   #10
Acockolypse Now
L-I-V-I-N

Male

CockyCash: 45000175
Acockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot material

Crue.

Old 04-07-2014, 01:35 PM   #11
Legalman72
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 16972586
Legalman72 is USC mascot materialLegalman72 is USC mascot materialLegalman72 is USC mascot materialLegalman72 is USC mascot materialLegalman72 is USC mascot materialLegalman72 is USC mascot materialLegalman72 is USC mascot materialLegalman72 is USC mascot materialLegalman72 is USC mascot materialLegalman72 is USC mascot materialLegalman72 is USC mascot material

I went with the Crue. Nothing against DL, and I really liked their early stuff, but they became a tad homogenized/over-produced/corporate sounding.

Again, if you have not read THE DIRT, do. If not, you're missing out!
Legalman72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2014, 01:43 PM   #12
uscjeremynca
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 575
uscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot material

I said I wouldn't vote any more after the Cinderella debacle. So I'll keep to that. However, DL is LIGHT YEARS ahead of Crue in terms of the quality of music. Crue may be the epitome of a hair band though. I would do with my fave here in DL because I never liked Crue.
Old 04-07-2014, 01:50 PM   #13
Transmaniacon
Any Major Dude

Male

CockyCash: 500
Transmaniacon is USC mascot materialTransmaniacon is USC mascot materialTransmaniacon is USC mascot materialTransmaniacon is USC mascot materialTransmaniacon is USC mascot materialTransmaniacon is USC mascot materialTransmaniacon is USC mascot materialTransmaniacon is USC mascot materialTransmaniacon is USC mascot materialTransmaniacon is USC mascot materialTransmaniacon is USC mascot material

I have pretty mixed feelings about both bands, and I could probably make a case for either band depending on what exactly I want to reward with my vote. Cre arguably had the more compelling theatrical impression (first 2 albums, at least) while DL was more ambitious and interesting musically. At this stage in the tournament, I'm more inclined to reward musical artistry than theatrics, so DL gets my vote.
Transmaniacon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2014, 01:56 PM   #14
smoovecock
The Gamecock Pimps Daddy

Male

2009 Awards: Awards for best Posters - Given for: Homecoming King 
CockyCash: 200
smoovecock is USC mascot materialsmoovecock is USC mascot materialsmoovecock is USC mascot materialsmoovecock is USC mascot materialsmoovecock is USC mascot materialsmoovecock is USC mascot materialsmoovecock is USC mascot materialsmoovecock is USC mascot materialsmoovecock is USC mascot materialsmoovecock is USC mascot materialsmoovecock is USC mascot material

Crue...
Old 04-07-2014, 06:26 PM   #15
GamecockInHell
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 3574
GamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot material

The Crue for me. DL has some really good songs but after a while they all start sounding the same.
GamecockInHell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2014, 06:03 AM   #16
Legalman72
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 16972586
Legalman72 is USC mascot materialLegalman72 is USC mascot materialLegalman72 is USC mascot materialLegalman72 is USC mascot materialLegalman72 is USC mascot materialLegalman72 is USC mascot materialLegalman72 is USC mascot materialLegalman72 is USC mascot materialLegalman72 is USC mascot materialLegalman72 is USC mascot materialLegalman72 is USC mascot material

Let's keep this match-up alive. I think a lot of people on CT never visit the Water Cooler and don't click "New Posts" to see items such as this thread.
Legalman72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2014, 08:53 AM   #17
lencho30
KOLA

Male

CockyCash: 4200
lencho30 is USC mascot materiallencho30 is USC mascot materiallencho30 is USC mascot materiallencho30 is USC mascot materiallencho30 is USC mascot materiallencho30 is USC mascot materiallencho30 is USC mascot materiallencho30 is USC mascot materiallencho30 is USC mascot materiallencho30 is USC mascot materiallencho30 is USC mascot material

Wow! My vote just put the Crue up by 1!
Old 04-08-2014, 10:03 PM   #18
Spurticus
IT'S MY GAMEFACE !!

Male

Good Matchup in this one !

My favorite Def Leppard songs:

Hysteria is my favorite song by them... Hell of a song to have playing when
your feeling romantic

Love the way this song starts out with a light intro the EXPLODES

Old 04-08-2014, 10:21 PM   #19
Spurticus
IT'S MY GAMEFACE !!

Male

Songs that got me Hooked on Motley Crue for a while

Old 04-11-2014, 09:42 AM   #20
Spurticus
IT'S MY GAMEFACE !!

Male

MOTLEY CRUE wins by one vote, and will move on to the finals to met
the winner of the Guns n Roses vs Bon Jovi matchup.

The voting for that match will be posted Monday Morning around 6:am.