CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Other Sports > The Locker Room

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
Master Bedroom
RGHoskins
Gamecocks1137
ReadR00ster
taylorssc
El Cid Ranger
kingofnerf
markymark550
Captain9Dragons
ColaCock
Fight, win, kick a-- (1163)
SC vs Auburn -- Play (935)
The Gator Bowl wants (906)
CFN prediction for a (885)
Why I'm hopeful abou (844)
USC will upset Aubur (748)
A simple defensive l (712)
What happened to thi (665)
Ranking Top HC jobs (481)
In-state QB talent (471)
Cann tipping plays?
Fight, win, kick a-- addi
Holiday desserts
The Gator Bowl wants us!
USC Picked 12th By SEC Me
Why is everyone anticipat
BA ranks recruiting class
A simple defensive line &
USC will upset Auburn; Wh
Thoughts on the basketbal

Old 04-08-2014, 08:50 PM   #1
Kaka
Bowl MVP

Male

CockyCash: 100500
Kaka is USC mascot materialKaka is USC mascot materialKaka is USC mascot materialKaka is USC mascot materialKaka is USC mascot materialKaka is USC mascot materialKaka is USC mascot materialKaka is USC mascot materialKaka is USC mascot materialKaka is USC mascot materialKaka is USC mascot material
Default Mourinho does it again.

I hate him with a passion but he beats a really good team today.

Hoping Atletico takes Barca out of the picture tomorrow.

Kaka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2014, 10:34 PM   #2
eggroll
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 50000
eggroll has developed his gaff and talonseggroll has developed his gaff and talonseggroll has developed his gaff and talonseggroll has developed his gaff and talonseggroll has developed his gaff and talonseggroll has developed his gaff and talonseggroll has developed his gaff and talonseggroll has developed his gaff and talonseggroll has developed his gaff and talonseggroll has developed his gaff and talonseggroll has developed his gaff and talons
Default Re: Mourinho does it again.

I'm a Chelsea fan. It's a big win but I wish he could convert the big game results into wins against West Brom, Stoke, or Crystal Palace.
eggroll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2014, 10:36 PM   #3
Biocockanics
WMD

Male

CockyCash: 10260
Biocockanics is USC mascot materialBiocockanics is USC mascot materialBiocockanics is USC mascot materialBiocockanics is USC mascot materialBiocockanics is USC mascot materialBiocockanics is USC mascot materialBiocockanics is USC mascot materialBiocockanics is USC mascot materialBiocockanics is USC mascot materialBiocockanics is USC mascot materialBiocockanics is USC mascot material

love him....wish Joe Cole had spent more time with him...that's my guy.
Old 04-09-2014, 12:05 AM   #4
Thenardier
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 200
Thenardier is USC mascot materialThenardier is USC mascot materialThenardier is USC mascot materialThenardier is USC mascot materialThenardier is USC mascot materialThenardier is USC mascot materialThenardier is USC mascot materialThenardier is USC mascot materialThenardier is USC mascot materialThenardier is USC mascot materialThenardier is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by eggroll View Post
I'm a Chelsea fan. It's a big win but I wish he could convert the big game results into wins against West Brom, Stoke, or Crystal Palace.
Can't swing a dead cat without hitting a fan of the big 4-5.
Thenardier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2014, 07:49 AM   #5
StretfordEnd
TURNT UP IN SECTION 18

Male

CockyCash: 500
StretfordEnd is developing his combStretfordEnd is developing his combStretfordEnd is developing his combStretfordEnd is developing his combStretfordEnd is developing his combStretfordEnd is developing his combStretfordEnd is developing his combStretfordEnd is developing his combStretfordEnd is developing his comb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaka View Post

Dortmund gave your boys a bit of a scare. Casillas was nothing short of fantastic.
StretfordEnd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2014, 09:44 AM   #6
markp_vip
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 6001866
markp_vip is USC mascot materialmarkp_vip is USC mascot materialmarkp_vip is USC mascot materialmarkp_vip is USC mascot materialmarkp_vip is USC mascot materialmarkp_vip is USC mascot materialmarkp_vip is USC mascot materialmarkp_vip is USC mascot materialmarkp_vip is USC mascot materialmarkp_vip is USC mascot materialmarkp_vip is USC mascot material

Quote:

Works out for me, now they have two legs of a Champions League semi-final wrapped around their trip to Anfield.
Recently the difference between Clemson and Carolina has become clear. While Irrational People Talk About Yesterday, The Rational Ones Orchestrate Success Today. So as they desperately cling to their history, we continue to make history day by day.
markp_vip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2014, 09:50 AM   #7
markp_vip
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

markp_vip is USC mascot materialmarkp_vip is USC mascot materialmarkp_vip is USC mascot materialmarkp_vip is USC mascot materialmarkp_vip is USC mascot materialmarkp_vip is USC mascot materialmarkp_vip is USC mascot materialmarkp_vip is USC mascot materialmarkp_vip is USC mascot materialmarkp_vip is USC mascot materialmarkp_vip is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by eggroll View Post
I kind of like Chelsea too. They took a washed up Torres off our hands for 50 million and gave us a young superstar in Sturridge for 12 million. Roman has to be kicking himself over those two trades.
Recently the difference between Clemson and Carolina has become clear. While Irrational People Talk About Yesterday, The Rational Ones Orchestrate Success Today. So as they desperately cling to their history, we continue to make history day by day.
Old 04-09-2014, 09:58 AM   #8
myrtsmom
Recruit

Female

myrtsmom has earned his spursmyrtsmom has earned his spursmyrtsmom has earned his spursmyrtsmom has earned his spursmyrtsmom has earned his spursmyrtsmom has earned his spurs

I like Mourinho for entertainment purposes, but I'm hoping that Rodgers and SAS wipe the pitch with him and his boys on the 27th.
myrtsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2014, 10:07 AM   #9
Transmaniacon
Any Major Dude

Male

Transmaniacon is USC mascot materialTransmaniacon is USC mascot materialTransmaniacon is USC mascot materialTransmaniacon is USC mascot materialTransmaniacon is USC mascot materialTransmaniacon is USC mascot materialTransmaniacon is USC mascot materialTransmaniacon is USC mascot materialTransmaniacon is USC mascot materialTransmaniacon is USC mascot materialTransmaniacon is USC mascot material

I hate Chelsea more than any other EPL team, but Mourinho cracks me up. He was funnier when the team was struggling, though.
Transmaniacon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2014, 12:37 PM   #10
Kaka
Bowl MVP

Male

Kaka is USC mascot materialKaka is USC mascot materialKaka is USC mascot materialKaka is USC mascot materialKaka is USC mascot materialKaka is USC mascot materialKaka is USC mascot materialKaka is USC mascot materialKaka is USC mascot materialKaka is USC mascot materialKaka is USC mascot material

Williams and David Luis never gave up, they fought for every ball out there, Chelsea wanted it more.

I hope we get them in semis just to hear all the excuses Mou is gone come up with.

Old 04-09-2014, 12:56 PM   #11
uscjeremynca
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 575
uscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot material

I've been a Chelsea fan for years. That match yesterday was awesome. I do agree with Mourinho that if Chelsea had decent strikers, they would be one of the top 2 or 3 best teams in Europe. They are already up there but could be so much better if they scored goals. They have a great team and will only get better.

Yesterday was as exciting as it gets in soccer. Today should be good as well. Pissed me off about Dortmund though. Real was a pathetic team yesterday. They were a disgrace. They didn't deserve to go through. Dortmund could have had 6 goals yesterday. Is Real really that bad without Ronaldo? RM is in the semis but they definitely don't deserve it.
Old 04-09-2014, 12:59 PM   #12
uscjeremynca
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

uscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot material

Quote:
Williams and David Luis never gave up, they fought for every ball out there, Chelsea wanted it more.

I hope we get them in semis just to hear all the excuses Mou is gone come up with.
Chelsea vs Real Madrid would be a match up of strength vs strength and weakness vs weakness. Chelsea has one of the best defenses in the world. Real can score. Defensively, Real Madrid is questionable and plays piss poor at times. Chelsea can't score.

Madrid doesn't scare me at all. Among Bayern, Atletico, Barcelona, and Madrid, give me Madrid any day. Ronaldo or not, Madrid can be beaten.
Old 04-09-2014, 01:09 PM   #13
markp_vip
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by uscjeremynca View Post
I've been a Chelsea fan for years. That match yesterday was awesome. I do agree with Mourinho that if Chelsea had decent strikers, they would be one of the top 2 or 3 best teams in Europe. They are already up there but could be so much better if they scored goals. They have a great team and will only get better.

Yesterday was as exciting as it gets in soccer. Today should be good as well. Pissed me off about Dortmund though. Real was a pathetic team yesterday. They were a disgrace. They didn't deserve to go through. Dortmund could have had 6 goals yesterday. Is Real really that bad without Ronaldo? RM is in the semis but they definitely don't deserve it.
Do you think that there could be a problem with the system at Chelsea not suiting the strikers they bring in? It seems that they have had really bad luck with strikers they brought in or had on their team not being able to score, but have had great success before or after being at Chelsea. Shevchenko, Torres, Sturridge, Crespo to name a few.
Old 04-09-2014, 01:51 PM   #14
Kaka
Bowl MVP

Male

I hate Mourinho, I hope he never wins anything again ever!

He always blames the ref when he loses, he played with 11 defenders a few games like a coward, he turned Madrid into a team of 40 crosses and 40 fouls per game... ugly style of a classless clown.

Those are the ones I will score 7 in the first half and keep my best players so they can score more... know what Im saying?

I see Mourinho as one of those dudes that will sucker punch you from the back and brag about beating you... or the dude that is 27 bragging about hooking up with high school chicks.

He is snake.

Old 04-09-2014, 02:47 PM   #15
uscjeremynca
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by markp_vip View Post
Do you think that there could be a problem with the system at Chelsea not suiting the strikers they bring in? It seems that they have had really bad luck with strikers they brought in or had on their team not being able to score, but have had great success before or after being at Chelsea. Shevchenko, Torres, Sturridge, Crespo to name a few.
I think it is a Mourinho thing honestly. He knows how to put a team together. He is a great tactician and manager. However, he is not known for playing the game in a way in which his teams are efficient at putting the ball in the net.

Last year, Madrid struggled because of Mourinho's style. He had clashes with players but I think that is more of a result of the way he wanted to play. Doesn't work in La Liga. Players have always loved playing for him. Mourinho was fortunate to have strikers in place at Madrid and Inter. He has done a horrible job of this at Chelsea.

He had Drogba so that was good. Shevchenko was a bad move as was Torres. I have no idea why Chelsea let Sturridge go. Lukaku was on Chelsea's team to start the season but Mourinho didn't want him. The club have made decisions on strikers but it's not because there weren't available to them. They just picked the wrong guys (i.e. Torres and Ba over Sturridge and Lukaku).
Old 04-09-2014, 03:44 PM   #16
markp_vip
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by uscjeremynca View Post
I think it is a Mourinho thing honestly. He knows how to put a team together. He is a great tactician and manager. However, he is not known for playing the game in a way in which his teams are efficient at putting the ball in the net.

Last year, Madrid struggled because of Mourinho's style. He had clashes with players but I think that is more of a result of the way he wanted to play. Doesn't work in La Liga. Players have always loved playing for him. Mourinho was fortunate to have strikers in place at Madrid and Inter. He has done a horrible job of this at Chelsea.

He had Drogba so that was good. Shevchenko was a bad move as was Torres. I have no idea why Chelsea let Sturridge go. Lukaku was on Chelsea's team to start the season but Mourinho didn't want him. The club have made decisions on strikers but it's not because there weren't available to them. They just picked the wrong guys (i.e. Torres and Ba over Sturridge and Lukaku).
Love him or hate him you can't complain about the results he has had wherever he has coached.

"In ten seasons of club management, Mourinho has led his club to win its domestic league seven times, the UEFA Champions League twice and the UEFA Cup once. Between 2003 and 2012, Mourinho did not go a single calendar year without winning at least one trophy." Wikipedia
Old 04-09-2014, 03:55 PM   #17
uscjeremynca
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by markp_vip View Post
Love him or hate him you can't complain about the results he has had wherever he has coached.

"In ten seasons of club management, Mourinho has led his club to win its domestic league seven times, the UEFA Champions League twice and the UEFA Cup once. Between 2003 and 2012, Mourinho did not go a single calendar year without winning at least one trophy." Wikipedia
In 10 Champions League appearances, Mourinho has made the semi finals 8 times - 4 different teams. Granted some of those were really good teams.

As I've stated, Mourinho is a master tactician. It's why he wins championships. However, his weakness is probably an ability to assess strikers/scorers when he needs them. When they were already there (Eto'o at Inter, Drogba, Ronaldo, etc) he's fine.

You can't argue his tactics especially in the midfield and the back line. However, his assessment of strikers seems to be rather weak - yet he wins anyways.
Old 04-09-2014, 05:54 PM   #18
Kaka
Bowl MVP

Male

The player in the history of soccer is already practicing his choking skills, gotta be ready for the wc.

Diveniesta and Divemar didn't get a penaltie?

Just waiting for all those great Atletico de Madrid fans to appear, they have been so loyal since today.