CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Cock Pit

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
KaneisAble
doubledribble
PageUSC
GarnetSwarm1990
Gamecocks1137
Jmansour333
thumpin big
b381l
TheUSCMike
kingofnerf
Busta out indefinite (1894)
SOS says his next st (1618)
Our Road Upset Wins (1488)
CBSSports SEC predic (765)
No easy road for our (631)
Roll call for Auburn (546)
Our Defense? (542)
University of Buffal (488)
Michael Sams done in (360)
Party like it's 1903 (272)
SEC Football Legend: Shel
Ranking Top HC jobs in SE
MMA: Holeve (Down Syndrom
Tevin Mack SG 6-5, 200 (2
SC vs Auburn -- Playmaker
2015 Commitment - Davon D
Discussion: 2015 Recruiti
Why is everyone anticipat
Holiday desserts
To ANYONE complaining abo

Old 04-12-2014, 04:21 PM   #21
me4USC
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 500
me4USC is USC mascot materialme4USC is USC mascot materialme4USC is USC mascot materialme4USC is USC mascot materialme4USC is USC mascot materialme4USC is USC mascot materialme4USC is USC mascot materialme4USC is USC mascot materialme4USC is USC mascot materialme4USC is USC mascot materialme4USC is USC mascot material
Default Re: Connor Mitch

nm

Last edited by me4USC; 10-05-2014 at 12:09 AM.
me4USC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2014, 04:26 PM   #22
Cocky2001
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 320
Cocky2001 is USC mascot materialCocky2001 is USC mascot materialCocky2001 is USC mascot materialCocky2001 is USC mascot materialCocky2001 is USC mascot materialCocky2001 is USC mascot materialCocky2001 is USC mascot materialCocky2001 is USC mascot materialCocky2001 is USC mascot materialCocky2001 is USC mascot materialCocky2001 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mt. Lattimore View Post
*Deleted Insult*
She probably did...for the past 8 years and 12,000+ posts she usually proves that she does just that. Perhaps, and I say perhaps, she knows that the man that recruits these guys and who's job depends on their performance might just know a little more than someone that reads an internet board and tries to act like he knows it all. I did say perhaps...
to come true." Bodhi.
Cocky2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2014, 04:33 PM   #23
sporkgod50
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 97400000
sporkgod50 is USC mascot materialsporkgod50 is USC mascot materialsporkgod50 is USC mascot materialsporkgod50 is USC mascot materialsporkgod50 is USC mascot materialsporkgod50 is USC mascot materialsporkgod50 is USC mascot materialsporkgod50 is USC mascot materialsporkgod50 is USC mascot materialsporkgod50 is USC mascot materialsporkgod50 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cocky2001 View Post
She probably did...for the past 8 years and 12,000+ posts she usually proves that she does just that. Perhaps, and I say perhaps, she knows that the man that recruits these guys and who's job depends on their performance might just know a little more than someone that reads an internet board and tries to act like he knows it all. I did say perhaps...
wow, nice post.
Old 04-12-2014, 05:08 PM   #24
MWard
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 94340
MWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot material

I think Mitch had the best showing after Thompson. I thought he was a lot better than Nos and a fair bit better than Orth, just based on what happened today. Nos had 2 passes that were to nobody, as in there wasn't a receiver within 10 yards. Orth doesn't have very good touch on the ball. He had the nice 1 for 41 yards, but his other passes were wobbly Drew Brees like throws (but of course not as accurate or with the velocity Brees throws with.)

-Abo Swinney, April 23, 2014

http://espn.go.com/blog/ncfnation/po...steve-spurrier
MWard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2014, 05:21 PM   #25
Acockolypse Now
L-I-V-I-N

Male

CockyCash: 45000175
Acockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot material

Mitch looked good today. Too many check downs overall by all the QBs today though.
Old 04-12-2014, 05:42 PM   #26
Coondog
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 200
Coondog is USC mascot materialCoondog is USC mascot materialCoondog is USC mascot materialCoondog is USC mascot materialCoondog is USC mascot materialCoondog is USC mascot materialCoondog is USC mascot materialCoondog is USC mascot materialCoondog is USC mascot materialCoondog is USC mascot materialCoondog is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acockolypse Now View Post
Mitch looked good today. Too many check downs overall by all the QBs today though.
I hope that's due to the DB's cover skills. I know that there not allowed to blitz and only rush 4 so that does give the defense plenty of guys for coverage.
Coondog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2014, 05:50 PM   #27
AtlGamecock3307
Starter

Male

AtlGamecock3307 rules the CockPitAtlGamecock3307 rules the CockPitAtlGamecock3307 rules the CockPitAtlGamecock3307 rules the CockPitAtlGamecock3307 rules the CockPitAtlGamecock3307 rules the CockPitAtlGamecock3307 rules the CockPitAtlGamecock3307 rules the CockPitAtlGamecock3307 rules the CockPitAtlGamecock3307 rules the CockPitAtlGamecock3307 rules the CockPit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acockolypse Now View Post
I was actually pretty happy to see Mitch hitting his check downs. Yes I'd rather see him b able to throw it downfield more, like the beauty of a pass he threw to fuller before he fumbled, but for such a young qb to have the pocket and time awareness to be able to check it down for 5-10 yards instead of getting sacked or taking off running every time was pretty impressive.
AtlGamecock3307 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2014, 06:25 PM   #28
Acockolypse Now
L-I-V-I-N

Male

CockyCash: 45000175
Acockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by AtlGamecock3307 View Post
I was actually pretty happy to see Mitch hitting his check downs. Yes I'd rather see him b able to throw it downfield more, like the beauty of a pass he threw to fuller before he fumbled, but for such a young qb to have the pocket and time awareness to be able to check it down for 5-10 yards instead of getting sacked or taking off running every time was pretty impressive.
Good point, I do think he did a nice job of taking what the defense gives him. Going to be good to see what he can do with some live reps this year.
Old 04-12-2014, 08:54 PM   #29
CoverTwo
CockyTalk's Recruitnik

Male

2009 Awards: Awards for best Posters - Given for: Best Football Poster of 2009 
CockyCash: 101200
CoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot material

Just finished watching the replay. I don't think any of the QBs did anything outstanding. Dink and dunked all game for the most part.

Pretty disappointed that there weren't more shots down field.

As you walk down the fairway of life you must smell the roses, for you only get to play one round. - Ben Hogan
CoverTwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2014, 09:02 PM   #30
JAYBEZ
1st Team All-SEC

Male

2008 Cockytalk Award: 2008 Cockytalk Award - Given for: 2008 Best Signature 2007 NCAA Bracket Challenge: 2007 NCAA Bracket Challenge - Given for: 1st place Fark Off Winner: Award given for winning a CockyTalk Fark Off - Given for: Winning the Farkoff 
CockyCash: 117561006
JAYBEZ is USC mascot materialJAYBEZ is USC mascot materialJAYBEZ is USC mascot materialJAYBEZ is USC mascot materialJAYBEZ is USC mascot materialJAYBEZ is USC mascot materialJAYBEZ is USC mascot materialJAYBEZ is USC mascot materialJAYBEZ is USC mascot materialJAYBEZ is USC mascot materialJAYBEZ is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoverTwo View Post
Just finished watching the replay. I don't think any of the QBs did anything outstanding. Dink and dunked all game for the most part.

I thought mitch had a couple really nice throws down field. He was let down by the receivers. One drop and one miss. Then there was the fumble, but he still gets those numbers.
Old 04-12-2014, 09:10 PM   #31
jayceecock
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 573
jayceecock rules the CockPitjayceecock rules the CockPitjayceecock rules the CockPitjayceecock rules the CockPitjayceecock rules the CockPitjayceecock rules the CockPitjayceecock rules the CockPitjayceecock rules the CockPitjayceecock rules the CockPitjayceecock rules the CockPitjayceecock rules the CockPit

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoverTwo View Post

Exactly.

Weren't reading the coverage, too quick to look underneath.

I didn't clearly see a #2, if I had to pick it would be Orth.
jayceecock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2014, 09:53 PM   #32
Cock Kool-Aid
Banned

Male

Cock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot material

Noso just isn't that great IMO. Orth doesn't have the physical talents. Mitch is the second best QB on this team and it's not surprising.
Cock Kool-Aid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2014, 10:23 PM   #33
Master Bedroom
Two Deep

Male

Master Bedroom is USC mascot materialMaster Bedroom is USC mascot materialMaster Bedroom is USC mascot materialMaster Bedroom is USC mascot materialMaster Bedroom is USC mascot materialMaster Bedroom is USC mascot materialMaster Bedroom is USC mascot materialMaster Bedroom is USC mascot materialMaster Bedroom is USC mascot materialMaster Bedroom is USC mascot materialMaster Bedroom is USC mascot material

I really like the way Nosovitch runs with the ball and I think he can contribute this year doing so. I have zero problem with the qb's using check downs, in fact I am encouraged by it. I think with another year Connor Mitch will be special and I think him and Noso can give us a nasty two-headed monster next year at qb.
Master Bedroom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2014, 10:31 PM   #34
cockymac
I was the white shadow.

Male

CockyCash: 300500
cockymac is USC mascot materialcockymac is USC mascot materialcockymac is USC mascot materialcockymac is USC mascot materialcockymac is USC mascot materialcockymac is USC mascot materialcockymac is USC mascot materialcockymac is USC mascot materialcockymac is USC mascot materialcockymac is USC mascot materialcockymac is USC mascot material

The backup spot is a long way from decided. Now is when the competition starts. Who will spend the hours in film study and throwing when they could be hanging with friends or watching TV? Whoever does will be the backup. With that said, I think Mitch has the most potential of all the QBs. If he works as hard as Shaw or Thompson, he will be a stud.
cockymac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2014, 11:27 PM   #35
JoeMorrisonLives
Blue Chip

Male

JoeMorrisonLives has earned his spursJoeMorrisonLives has earned his spursJoeMorrisonLives has earned his spursJoeMorrisonLives has earned his spursJoeMorrisonLives has earned his spursJoeMorrisonLives has earned his spurs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goofyboy View Post
What?!! I'm a Nosovitch fan, but he threw poorly in this game. You shouldn't miss so many open guys that badly. He still offers a lot, but has some work to do.
I still wanna know where the Nos was that carved up the starting D with the scout team during bowl practice a couple years back, I mean the dude was a PARADE All-American, and 4-star in the final rankings (the one's the released well after he committed). Whatever he's got going on has to be mental right, I mean, I'm not saying he's better than Mitch, but from the deterioration of the stories over the last couple years makes me think it's not talent but confidence. That said, is someone who gets that nervous from competition someone we want starting. This is all conjecture, but he should be better than this.

PS. Not really talking today, he was fine after his first series, but all of those reports from Spurticus got me wondering.
JoeMorrisonLives is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2014, 11:53 PM   #36
Master Bedroom
Two Deep

Male

Master Bedroom is USC mascot materialMaster Bedroom is USC mascot materialMaster Bedroom is USC mascot materialMaster Bedroom is USC mascot materialMaster Bedroom is USC mascot materialMaster Bedroom is USC mascot materialMaster Bedroom is USC mascot materialMaster Bedroom is USC mascot materialMaster Bedroom is USC mascot materialMaster Bedroom is USC mascot materialMaster Bedroom is USC mascot material

Some quarterbacks are "gamers", play up/down to the situation, and seem to play better after taking a few licks. Nosovitch seems like that type of player to me. He's got some Garcia-esque qualities in his game.
Master Bedroom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2014, 01:02 AM   #37
bcolinc
Blue Chip

Male

bcolinc is crowing loudlybcolinc is crowing loudlybcolinc is crowing loudlybcolinc is crowing loudlybcolinc is crowing loudlybcolinc is crowing loudlybcolinc is crowing loudlybcolinc is crowing loudlybcolinc is crowing loudlybcolinc is crowing loudlybcolinc is crowing loudly

I agree Mitch looked pretty decent
Old 04-13-2014, 03:39 AM   #38
gamecockguy
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 1300
gamecockguy has developed his gaff and talonsgamecockguy has developed his gaff and talonsgamecockguy has developed his gaff and talonsgamecockguy has developed his gaff and talonsgamecockguy has developed his gaff and talonsgamecockguy has developed his gaff and talonsgamecockguy has developed his gaff and talonsgamecockguy has developed his gaff and talonsgamecockguy has developed his gaff and talonsgamecockguy has developed his gaff and talonsgamecockguy has developed his gaff and talons

Quote:
Originally Posted by Master Bedroom View Post
He's got some Garcia-esque qualities in his game.
Connor Mitch has some Garcia-esque qualities off the field.
gamecockguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2014, 04:27 AM   #39
sporkgod50
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 97400000
sporkgod50 is USC mascot materialsporkgod50 is USC mascot materialsporkgod50 is USC mascot materialsporkgod50 is USC mascot materialsporkgod50 is USC mascot materialsporkgod50 is USC mascot materialsporkgod50 is USC mascot materialsporkgod50 is USC mascot materialsporkgod50 is USC mascot materialsporkgod50 is USC mascot materialsporkgod50 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by gamecockguy View Post
i guess the press just forgot to report those.
Old 04-13-2014, 07:45 AM   #40
Carolina Cocks
Recruit

Male

Carolina Cocks is learning to peckCarolina Cocks is learning to peck

Quote:
Originally Posted by gamecockguy View Post
Yep
Carolina Cocks is offline   Reply With Quote