CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Community > The Water Cooler

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
b381l
GregoryHouse
Ahmad
OriginalGamecock
donniebaseball
Lucky
JerseyBird
robgusc76
usc1
Gamecock in TX
Nunez workout video (1452)
Hate that he is in t (683)
3 teams' records tha (518)
Most Patriotic SEC M (478)
Byron Jerideau (445)
Happy Whit Monday! (333)
For all those who are str
2016 - Marlon Character
Most Patriotic SEC Mascot
What If?
Nunez workout video
5 reasons Mizzou will thr
Video: James Island High
2015-2016 Basketball Recr
Recruitment of 2016 offen
EXTEND MARTIN'S CONTRACT

Old 12-09-2013, 10:06 PM   #1
TKE226
Damn Yankee

Male

CockyCash: 1768234
TKE226 is USC mascot materialTKE226 is USC mascot materialTKE226 is USC mascot materialTKE226 is USC mascot materialTKE226 is USC mascot materialTKE226 is USC mascot materialTKE226 is USC mascot materialTKE226 is USC mascot materialTKE226 is USC mascot materialTKE226 is USC mascot materialTKE226 is USC mascot material
Default What are you Drinking

I know there is a beer thread and there were some post game intoxication threads, but this is pretty simple. What do you drink on the daily? Not for tailgate, but just for relaxing or whatever.

So....What are you drinking??
TKE226 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2013, 10:08 PM   #2
TKE226
Damn Yankee

Male

TKE226 is USC mascot materialTKE226 is USC mascot materialTKE226 is USC mascot materialTKE226 is USC mascot materialTKE226 is USC mascot materialTKE226 is USC mascot materialTKE226 is USC mascot materialTKE226 is USC mascot materialTKE226 is USC mascot materialTKE226 is USC mascot materialTKE226 is USC mascot material
Default Re: What are you Drinking

I have a dram of Old Pulteney 17 year old. Single Malt Scotch

Non Chill-Filtered
Colour:Red amber with a rich autumnal hue.

Nose:Sweet with traces of apples and pears: slightly woody with a hint of butterscotch.'

Palate:Full bodied, with hints of vanilla and floral notes in the background; a long-lasting memorable finish.
Old 12-09-2013, 10:15 PM   #3
RGHoskins
I'm Bad. I'm Nationwide!

Male

CockyCash: 26000805
RGHoskins is USC mascot materialRGHoskins is USC mascot materialRGHoskins is USC mascot materialRGHoskins is USC mascot materialRGHoskins is USC mascot materialRGHoskins is USC mascot materialRGHoskins is USC mascot materialRGHoskins is USC mascot materialRGHoskins is USC mascot materialRGHoskins is USC mascot materialRGHoskins is USC mascot material
Send a message via Yahoo to RGHoskins

Natty Light.

- Rick H-

Rest in Peace Jaymie, aka Feistyminx and C- Girl.
RGHoskins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2013, 10:15 PM   #4
Gamecocks321
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 500
Gamecocks321 is USC mascot materialGamecocks321 is USC mascot materialGamecocks321 is USC mascot materialGamecocks321 is USC mascot materialGamecocks321 is USC mascot materialGamecocks321 is USC mascot materialGamecocks321 is USC mascot materialGamecocks321 is USC mascot materialGamecocks321 is USC mascot materialGamecocks321 is USC mascot materialGamecocks321 is USC mascot material

Water during the week, roughly a gallon a day. A few sodas on the weekend. Don't care for alcohol.
Gamecocks321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2013, 10:20 PM   #5
Smashies_AC30
The Garnet Invasion

Male

Smashies_AC30 rules the CockPitSmashies_AC30 rules the CockPitSmashies_AC30 rules the CockPitSmashies_AC30 rules the CockPitSmashies_AC30 rules the CockPitSmashies_AC30 rules the CockPitSmashies_AC30 rules the CockPitSmashies_AC30 rules the CockPitSmashies_AC30 rules the CockPitSmashies_AC30 rules the CockPitSmashies_AC30 rules the CockPit

Smashies_AC30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2013, 10:21 PM   #6
grannycock
Banned

Female

CockyCash: 200
grannycock rules the CockPitgrannycock rules the CockPitgrannycock rules the CockPitgrannycock rules the CockPitgrannycock rules the CockPitgrannycock rules the CockPitgrannycock rules the CockPitgrannycock rules the CockPitgrannycock rules the CockPitgrannycock rules the CockPitgrannycock rules the CockPit

Sun Drop.
grannycock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2013, 10:31 PM   #7
garnet_black215
Section 509, Row 13

Male

CockyCash: 1350
garnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot material

Don't really drink a whole lot during the week. Mostly drink water Monday-Friday with the occasional diet soda. I do my heavy lifting on the weekend, mostly beer but sometimes go with a Jack and Coke.
garnet_black215 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2013, 10:38 PM   #8
The Yancey
Grumpy Old Fart

Male

2009 Awards: Awards for best Posters - Given for: Best Signature 
CockyCash: 4751350
The Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot material

Couple cups of joe in the AM. Tea the rest of the day. Water flavored with a bit of juice. Usually wine with dinner unless I am having something that calls for beer.

I miss Old Cocky Talk

The Yancey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2013, 10:40 PM   #9
grannycock
Banned

Female

grannycock rules the CockPitgrannycock rules the CockPitgrannycock rules the CockPitgrannycock rules the CockPitgrannycock rules the CockPitgrannycock rules the CockPitgrannycock rules the CockPitgrannycock rules the CockPitgrannycock rules the CockPitgrannycock rules the CockPitgrannycock rules the CockPit

Quote:
Originally Posted by grannycock View Post
Sun Drop.
A little sticky-icky to go with my Sun Drop and I'm headin back to the music thread.
grannycock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2013, 12:56 AM   #10
CockyCyclone
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 16788014
CockyCyclone is crowing loudlyCockyCyclone is crowing loudlyCockyCyclone is crowing loudlyCockyCyclone is crowing loudlyCockyCyclone is crowing loudlyCockyCyclone is crowing loudlyCockyCyclone is crowing loudlyCockyCyclone is crowing loudlyCockyCyclone is crowing loudlyCockyCyclone is crowing loudlyCockyCyclone is crowing loudly

Right now a Pliny the Elder watching the Bears game. Got lucky and had my in laws send me a bunch from San Francisco.
Old 12-10-2013, 11:49 AM   #11
Cockypantherfan
Household Name

Male

Cockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot material

Don't drink much during the week, but on the weekends I drink beer and/or liquor.

There is a microbrewery in town called St. Arnolds and their Christmas Ale is fantastic. I have been drinking that lately.
Cockypantherfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2013, 12:02 PM   #12
zappa
Bowl MVP

Male

zappa is USC mascot materialzappa is USC mascot materialzappa is USC mascot materialzappa is USC mascot materialzappa is USC mascot materialzappa is USC mascot materialzappa is USC mascot materialzappa is USC mascot materialzappa is USC mascot materialzappa is USC mascot materialzappa is USC mascot material

My go-to is Sierra Nevada Torpedo.I also love Westbrook One Claw,Youngs Double Chocolate stout,and Victory Storm King Porter.
Old 12-10-2013, 12:09 PM   #13
Travelin
2nd Team All-American

Male

Travelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot material

I stick with beer these days. Got tired of all the Ale's & Stouts, went back to lager. It's hard to find a decent American Light beer over here. A few months ago Costco Edinburgh started selling Coors Light 18 packs. Woohoo!! Loved it, but I'm back on old reliable; Budweiser 4.8%. Is that the same alcohol content as Bud in the states?

When I do drink scotch, I drink the local stuff. Glenkinchie, it's distillery is about 1 mile from where I sit and the Maltings are literally across the street.

Glenkinchie lies, as the name might suggest, in a glen of the Kinchie Burn near the village of Pencaitland, East Lothian. It is situated about 15 miles from Edinburgh. The distillery is set in farmland. The name 'Kinchie' is a corruption of 'De Quincy', the original owners of the land. Its origins date back to around 1825 when it was founded by brothers John and George Rate. The original name was Milton Distillery. The brothers probably renamed it in about 1837. In 1969 the distillery stopped malting its own grain and the malting floors were turned into a museum of malt whisky.
Attached Images

Travelin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2013, 02:13 PM   #14
TKE226
Damn Yankee

Male

Travelin - I'm jealous. I am trying to plan/save for a trip to Scotland for a distillery tour but I need to find people to go with me. The wife abhors scotch, cant stand the smell of it, which I can get a little bit. My brother would go but he has very limited income, and my brother in law would go, but he has been like 5 times through work. I could probably convince my dad to come if I could tie golf into the trip.

But at the moment, I am drinking water, after shovling snow again..
Old 12-10-2013, 03:10 PM   #15
gamecockphan
Household Name

Male

CockyCash: 2200
gamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot material

Vodka and Soda with a lemon for my nightly beverge.

Usually Bud Light/Natty Light on the weekend if I'm drinking in volume. I do drink a fair ammount of local CHLT breweries. too. (Noda Brewing, Birdsong, and Triple C)

I have a moderate wine cellar (50-60 bottles) with a lot of variety to pair with meals on the weekend.

Scotch for my night cap. (Usually Laphraoig 10)

Last edited by gamecockphan; 12-10-2013 at 03:30 PM..
gamecockphan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2013, 03:20 PM   #16
Kickerspl80
Too Deep

Male

CockyCash: 10000692
Kickerspl80 is USC mascot materialKickerspl80 is USC mascot materialKickerspl80 is USC mascot materialKickerspl80 is USC mascot materialKickerspl80 is USC mascot materialKickerspl80 is USC mascot materialKickerspl80 is USC mascot materialKickerspl80 is USC mascot materialKickerspl80 is USC mascot materialKickerspl80 is USC mascot materialKickerspl80 is USC mascot material

Some of you fellas are absolute professionals. I like that
Old 12-10-2013, 03:32 PM   #17
gamecockphan
Household Name

Male

CockyCash: 2200
gamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Travelin View Post
I stick with beer these days. Got tired of all the Ale's & Stouts, went back to lager. It's hard to find a decent American Light beer over here. A few months ago Costco Edinburgh started selling Coors Light 18 packs. Woohoo!! Loved it, but I'm back on old reliable; Budweiser 4.8%. Is that the same alcohol content as Bud in the states?

When I do drink scotch, I drink the local stuff. Glenkinchie, it's distillery is about 1 mile from where I sit and the Maltings are literally across the street.

Glenkinchie lies, as the name might suggest, in a glen of the Kinchie Burn near the village of Pencaitland, East Lothian. It is situated about 15 miles from Edinburgh. The distillery is set in farmland. The name 'Kinchie' is a corruption of 'De Quincy', the original owners of the land. Its origins date back to around 1825 when it was founded by brothers John and George Rate. The original name was Milton Distillery. The brothers probably renamed it in about 1837. In 1969 the distillery stopped malting its own grain and the malting floors were turned into a museum of malt whisky.
Whay style? Highland, Speyside, or Islay?
gamecockphan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2013, 03:43 PM   #18
cocky0
The Slurp

Male

2009 Awards: Awards for best Posters - Given for: Best Signature 2008 Cockytalk Award: 2008 Cockytalk Award - Given for: 2008 Fark of the Year Christmas Farking Contest: Christmas Farking Contest - Given for: Winning Farking Contest 
CockyCash: 26100000
cocky0 is USC mascot materialcocky0 is USC mascot materialcocky0 is USC mascot materialcocky0 is USC mascot materialcocky0 is USC mascot materialcocky0 is USC mascot materialcocky0 is USC mascot materialcocky0 is USC mascot materialcocky0 is USC mascot materialcocky0 is USC mascot materialcocky0 is USC mascot material
Send a message via Yahoo to cocky0

During the week, I have a glass of 50 year old Chivas Regal Royal Salute. Then on the weekends, I enjoy a few sixpacks of Carlsberg's Jacobsen Vintage.
Old 12-10-2013, 04:34 PM   #19
Biocockanics
WMD

Male

CockyCash: 10260
Biocockanics is USC mascot materialBiocockanics is USC mascot materialBiocockanics is USC mascot materialBiocockanics is USC mascot materialBiocockanics is USC mascot materialBiocockanics is USC mascot materialBiocockanics is USC mascot materialBiocockanics is USC mascot materialBiocockanics is USC mascot materialBiocockanics is USC mascot materialBiocockanics is USC mascot material

Thes best beer in the world IF you can find it near you:

Old 12-10-2013, 08:21 PM   #20
Jamus2001
Walk On

Male

Jamus2001 is sharpening his clawsJamus2001 is sharpening his clawsJamus2001 is sharpening his clawsJamus2001 is sharpening his claws

Kesslers American Blended Whiskey (it's smooth as silk) and Ginger ale with a twist.