CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Proving Ground

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
gamecockgal
StormOfTalons
Master Bedroom
sanford
Acockolypse Now
Rooster'srule
cocksmith1or11
El Cid Ranger
b381l
rdwylie
Backup QB competitio (2607)
2014 Preseason USA T (1263)
Ranking the SEC Fema (774)
Anyone heard anythin (699)
Future Non-Conferenc (619)
Spurrier on the cove (409)
What Would You Do? (387)
Ranking the SEC scho (299)
Ranking the SEC Fema (222)
Tupelo Honey Cafe (222)
2014 Signee - Joe Blue
Backup QB competition
2015 - Albert Huggins
Anyone heard anything abo
Dustin Johnson taking a l
2015 - Brandon Sandifer
Cheap jersey and very nic
Musburger/Palmer to comme
Elcid99
Shaq R.

Closed Thread

Old 02-22-2012, 12:40 PM   #1
CoverTwo
CockyTalk's Recruitnik

Male

2009 Awards: Awards for best Posters - Given for: Best Football Poster of 2009 
CockyCash: 101200
CoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot material
Default 2015 - Brian Chaffin - Stanford

Offensive Lineman from Charlotte, North Carolina

List interest in USC.

247 Bio

Drink Cocktane!

For the latest in USC coverage, check out:

TheBigSpur
GamecockCentral
GamecockAnthem
Old 07-24-2013, 09:06 PM   #2
CoverTwo
CockyTalk's Recruitnik

Male

CoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot material
Default Re: 2015 - Brian Chaffin

Quote:
Junior OL Brian Chaffin (6-2 270) of Charlotte attended a camp at USC this summer and likes what the Gamecocks have to offer. He has built a good relationship with USC assistant Shawn Elliott. “Coach Elliott and I have gotten to know each other and I really like him,” said Chaffin. “I like South Carolina and have a couple of friends that are students down there. They have a great atmosphere and obviously they play in the SEC.” The Gamecocks like Chaffin at center. His offers are from Mississippi State and Charlotte with interest from several schools including USC. He has camped at Florida, Georgia, NC State and Michigan and he heads to Mississippi State this weekend for an unofficial visit. “I’m looking forward to getting down there to see the school and see what they have to offer,” he said. “They like me at center as well and they told my coach they like how I get off the line. I also have a 4.0 (G.P.A) and they like that too.” Chaffin would like to attend a game in Columbia this fall. He named a top five of USC, Mississippi State, Georgia, NC State and Charlotte in no order.
Link: http://sportstalksc.com/index.php/20...fficial-visit/

Drink Cocktane!

TheBigSpur
GamecockCentral
GamecockAnthem
Old 10-08-2013, 10:12 PM   #3
CoverTwo
CockyTalk's Recruitnik

Male

Quote:
USC assistant coach Shawn Elliott extended an invitation to junior OL Brian Chaffin of Charlotte for Saturday’s game at Williams-Brice Stadium. Chaffin has accepted the invite and will be in attendance. Though the Gamecocks have yet to offer Chaffin, the North Carolina product feels that USC is showing strong interest. “I’m not going to say I expect an offer this weekend but I think coach Elliott likes what he has seen from me so far,” Chaffin said. “I’m just enjoying the recruiting process right now and feel really blessed.” Chaffin is excited about the opportunity to attend the game and has expressed interest in the Gamecocks. “I’m just looking forward to getting down there to see them play in person,” he said. He has offers from Mississippi State and Charlotte with interest from USC, Clemson, North Carolina, NC State, Wake Forest, Duke and East Carolina among others. His previous game visits were to Duke and East Carolina with future visits planned for Clemson, Vanderbilt, Tennessee and Northwestern among others. He did not name any favorites.
Link: http://sportstalksc.com/index.php/20...n-the-morning/

Drink Cocktane!

TheBigSpur
GamecockCentral
GamecockAnthem
Old 10-15-2013, 09:48 PM   #4
CoverTwo
CockyTalk's Recruitnik

Male

Quote:
Junior OL Brian Chaffin of Charlotte got a chance to see USC play for the first time when he attended the Vanderbilt game in Columbia. Chaffin took the visit with his parents and all three enjoyed the atmosphere of Williams-Brice Stadium. “It was the best visit I’ve taken so far,” Chaffin said. “The fans are so into it and the place gets crazy. When they get Sandstorm going, it’s really a great atmosphere.” Chaffin met with USC assistant Shawn Elliott during the visit. “He just asked me how things were going and told me they will continue to evaluate me,” he said. Chaffin has visited NC State and Duke as well and has plans to take several more visits this season. He plans to go to Wake Forest this weekend. Kentucky, Northwestern and Mississippi State are other visits he plans to take. He has offers from Mississippi State and Charlotte with interest from USC, Clemson, North Carolina, NC State, Wake Forest, Duke and East Carolina among others. Chaffin does not have any favorites.
Link: http://sportstalksc.com/index.php/20...ok-at-clemson/

Drink Cocktane!

TheBigSpur
GamecockCentral
GamecockAnthem
Old 11-05-2013, 11:09 PM   #5
CoverTwo
CockyTalk's Recruitnik

Male

Quote:
Anchoring the offensive line is junior center Brian Chaffin, who holds early offers from Mississippi State and Charlotte.

“Tenacity,” Estep said. “He’s had a good year and he leads our team in domination blocks, and our domination blocks are literally when guys are thrown to their back. He is physical at the point of attack and when he gets his hands on people they’re done. It also helps he’s one of the smartest kids in the school. He’s off the charts academically.”
Link: http://247sports.com/Article/Charlot...History-158159

Drink Cocktane!

TheBigSpur
GamecockCentral
GamecockAnthem
Old 01-31-2014, 01:03 AM   #6
CoverTwo
CockyTalk's Recruitnik

Male

Quote:
With the ‘dead period’ over, Clemson got back on the recruiting trail stopping by to visit junior OL Brian Chaffin of Charlotte Thursday. Clemson and USC have expressed interest in Chaffin, though neither has offered. “I think Clemson is showing me more interest than South Carolina right now,” Chaffin said. “They told my coach that they’re focusing more on (offensive) tackles in this class but that I’m still high on their board.” He plans to attend a junior day at Clemson next month. He did pick up an offer from North Carolina Thursday, his sixth. They join NC State, Wake Forest, Northwestern, Mississippi State and Charlotte. Chaffin will visit Northwestern Saturday and plans to get back to NC State soon. He is interested in both the Tigers and Gamecocks.. Other schools showing interest include Georgia Tech and Duke. Chaffin will take several visits over the next several months before he begins to narrow his list. “I want to visit the schools that are most interested in me and take it from there,” he said. Chaffin does not have any favorites.
Link: http://sportstalksc.com/index.php/20...ree-finalists/

Drink Cocktane!

TheBigSpur
GamecockCentral
GamecockAnthem
Old 04-01-2014, 11:39 PM   #7
CoverTwo
CockyTalk's Recruitnik

Male

Quote:
Chaffin is 6-foot-2, 280 pounds, but is athletic and explosive. College programs love this kid, despite his lack of height, as a true center prospect (he’s likely one of the best in the country this cycle). Duke, Virginia Tech, North Carolina, Wake Forest and others are in the mix. The Blue Devils could have the leg up here- academics are huge.
Link: http://247sports.com/Article/North-C...ke-Camp-185626

Drink Cocktane!

TheBigSpur
GamecockCentral
GamecockAnthem
Old 04-04-2014, 12:18 AM   #8
CoverTwo
CockyTalk's Recruitnik

Male

Kornblut updates since NSD:

Quote:
OL Brian Chaffin of Charlotte visited North Carolina Wednesday and, as it turns out, he will have an extended stay. Chaffin says he has been ‘snowed in’ and will spend the night in Chapel Hill. “We came up to talk to the coaches and see the campus, stuff like that,” he said. “We were going to the Duke-UNC basketball game tonight but it was canceled. It turned out OK for us because I got to spend more time with coach (Larry) Fedora.” The Tar Heels have offered Chaffin and are showing a lot of interest. Duke is up next for the offensive lineman as he continues to look around. He will be in Durham Saturday to visit the Blue Devils and heads to Wake Forest March 1st. Chaffin has already been to NC State and Northwestern this month and rates all of his visits thus far quality visits. As for USC, Chaffin was getting a lot of interest from the Gamecocks during the season but says that has cooled off recently. “To be honest, I haven’t really heard from them in a while,” he said. Clemson, however, continues to show him interest. “They’re still talking to me and told me they’re still trying to figure out if they’ll recruit one or two inside linemen,” Chaffin said. “If they decide to go two outside linemen and one inside guy, I don’t know if they’ll offer or not. If they do (offer me) I want to get down there for a visit.” His plans are to take several more trips through the spring before he begins to narrow his list. He would like to commit early in the summer. Chaffin says he does not have any favorites.
Link: http://sportstalksc.com/index.php/20...t-so-much-usc/

Drink Cocktane!

TheBigSpur
GamecockCentral
GamecockAnthem
Old 05-13-2014, 10:48 PM   #9
CoverTwo
CockyTalk's Recruitnik

Male

Quote:
Clemson has not made an offer to OL Brian Chaffin of Charlotte just yet but continues to show interest. Chaffin will hold off on visiting Clemson until an offer is extended.
“They’re telling me they need a couple of offensive tackles because they had two go down with medical (problems),” he said. “They may also need a center and they like me there too. They’re just waiting to see how the numbers tun out.”
Chaffin is interested in Clemson as well but wants to keep his focus on the schools that have already offered. Stanford, Louisville and Boston College are the most recent to offer Chaffin. He plans to visit North Carolina and Virginia Tech very soon and will travel to Stanford in early-June.
“Once I get a few more visits out of the way, I’ll probably narrow my list to three-or-four,” Chaffin said.
His other offers include Charlotte, California, Duke, North Carolina, NC State, Mississippi State, Virginia Tech, Wake Forest and Northwestern. USC had been showing interest but Chaffin said the Gamecocks no longer are involved.
He does not have a favorite.
Link: http://sportstalksc.com/index.php/20...-for-an-offer/

Drink Cocktane!

TheBigSpur
GamecockCentral
GamecockAnthem
Old 06-19-2014, 08:39 PM   #10
CoverTwo
CockyTalk's Recruitnik

Male

Committed to Stanford.

Drink Cocktane!

TheBigSpur
GamecockCentral
GamecockAnthem
Closed Thread