CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Cock Pit

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
CockyLifer
18IsTheMan
garnet_black215
ccured
IBleedGarnetandBlack
NinjaSven
cockyguitar
GH
FanofCarolina1
Badazcock
Kevin Sumlin Thought (1414)
My Observations Abou (1244)
Step back from the l (1095)
My outside view (847)
How far do we fall.. (654)
Shon Carson at KR (598)
Fearless predictions (387)
Who else wants to se (326)
What's your take on (309)
Jacoby Brissett form (281)
Who else wants to see Con
Kelcy and Victor Hampton
NFL cuts
Gurley lined up to take U
Shaq Roland
David Williams??
How were the Aggie fans a
***2014 Carolina Panthers
Look how Bobo is utilizin
My Observations About USC

Old 04-16-2014, 01:24 PM   #1
JDStud6
Two Deep

Male

CockyCash: 475
JDStud6 is crowing loudlyJDStud6 is crowing loudlyJDStud6 is crowing loudlyJDStud6 is crowing loudlyJDStud6 is crowing loudlyJDStud6 is crowing loudlyJDStud6 is crowing loudlyJDStud6 is crowing loudlyJDStud6 is crowing loudlyJDStud6 is crowing loudlyJDStud6 is crowing loudly
Default Larenz Bryant update?

During the spring game they had Larenz playing a little RB. I thought he was supposed to be a pretty good LB. What's going on here? He'll never see the field at RB.

JD
JDStud6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2014, 01:28 PM   #2
CoverTwo
CockyTalk's Recruitnik

Male

2009 Awards: Awards for best Posters - Given for: Best Football Poster of 2009 
CockyCash: 101200
CoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot material
Default Re: Larenz Bryant update?

That was not Larenz. It was Rod Talley.

As you walk down the fairway of life you must smell the roses, for you only get to play one round. - Ben Hogan
CoverTwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2014, 01:31 PM   #3
GarnetInChicago
シカゴのカキ

Male

CockyCash: 45500347
GarnetInChicago is USC mascot materialGarnetInChicago is USC mascot materialGarnetInChicago is USC mascot materialGarnetInChicago is USC mascot materialGarnetInChicago is USC mascot materialGarnetInChicago is USC mascot materialGarnetInChicago is USC mascot materialGarnetInChicago is USC mascot materialGarnetInChicago is USC mascot materialGarnetInChicago is USC mascot materialGarnetInChicago is USC mascot material

I had been wondering that myself based on the announcers calling his name. Thanks for the clarification.
GarnetInChicago is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2014, 02:02 PM   #4
bhs04
high motor

Male

CockyCash: 500
bhs04 is developing his combbhs04 is developing his combbhs04 is developing his combbhs04 is developing his combbhs04 is developing his combbhs04 is developing his combbhs04 is developing his combbhs04 is developing his combbhs04 is developing his comb

Yea That was getting a little old hearing that.

You would think he would eventually look down at his notes and see he had the wrong name. I mean Larenz actually tackled the guy at one point.

A PICTURE IS WORTH A THOUSAND WORDS.
bhs04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2014, 02:11 PM   #5
JDStud6
Two Deep

Male

JDStud6 is crowing loudlyJDStud6 is crowing loudlyJDStud6 is crowing loudlyJDStud6 is crowing loudlyJDStud6 is crowing loudlyJDStud6 is crowing loudlyJDStud6 is crowing loudlyJDStud6 is crowing loudlyJDStud6 is crowing loudlyJDStud6 is crowing loudlyJDStud6 is crowing loudly

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhs04 View Post
Yea That was getting a little old hearing that.

You would think he would eventually look down at his notes and see he had the wrong name. I mean Larenz actually tackled the guy at one point.
You're telling me Larenz tackled Larenz? That dude must be legit!!

JD
Old 04-16-2014, 03:29 PM   #6
Goofyboy
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

Goofyboy is USC mascot materialGoofyboy is USC mascot materialGoofyboy is USC mascot materialGoofyboy is USC mascot materialGoofyboy is USC mascot materialGoofyboy is USC mascot materialGoofyboy is USC mascot materialGoofyboy is USC mascot materialGoofyboy is USC mascot materialGoofyboy is USC mascot materialGoofyboy is USC mascot material

Quote:
Sounds like a legit two-way star to me!

Even on the stat sheet, they showed Bryant with both carries and tackles. They must have ignored Talley (TB) on the roster.
Goofyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2014, 03:54 PM   #7
Flameout12
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 100500
Flameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDStud6 View Post

JD
Secret weapon....gonna win the SEC baby!
Flameout12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2014, 06:15 PM   #8
acejrock
Rockington

Male

CockyCash: 28000000
acejrock is USC mascot materialacejrock is USC mascot materialacejrock is USC mascot materialacejrock is USC mascot materialacejrock is USC mascot materialacejrock is USC mascot materialacejrock is USC mascot materialacejrock is USC mascot materialacejrock is USC mascot materialacejrock is USC mascot materialacejrock is USC mascot material
Send a message via AIM to acejrock Send a message via Yahoo to acejrock

I remember on Sports Center the day of the Spring Game they were showing high lights and some how Elliot Fry caught a touchdown pass.
acejrock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2014, 07:18 PM   #9
bobbycock
Two Deep

Male

CockyCash: 15000
bobbycock is developing his combbobbycock is developing his combbobbycock is developing his combbobbycock is developing his combbobbycock is developing his combbobbycock is developing his combbobbycock is developing his combbobbycock is developing his comb

now how many of us don't beat ourselves up once in awhile? if so, is it hard to believe he would tackle himself? lol
bobbycock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2014, 08:14 PM   #10
bhs04
high motor

Male

bhs04 is developing his combbhs04 is developing his combbhs04 is developing his combbhs04 is developing his combbhs04 is developing his combbhs04 is developing his combbhs04 is developing his combbhs04 is developing his combbhs04 is developing his comb

Quote:

JD
Yea just like I'm a little worried about Skai Moore being able to be a decent QB here.

I mean, the guy did throw an interception his first pass the other day.

Old 04-16-2014, 08:43 PM   #11
Jwilson
60 Year Fan

Male

Jwilson is USC mascot materialJwilson is USC mascot materialJwilson is USC mascot materialJwilson is USC mascot materialJwilson is USC mascot materialJwilson is USC mascot materialJwilson is USC mascot materialJwilson is USC mascot materialJwilson is USC mascot materialJwilson is USC mascot materialJwilson is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbycock View Post
now how many of us don't beat ourselves up once in awhile? if so, is it hard to believe he would tackle himself? lol
No disrespect intended, but if he is tackling himself, shouldn't he be playing for clemsux.
Jwilson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2014, 09:05 PM   #12
uscgmck
Coming back home, one day

Male

uscgmck is USC mascot materialuscgmck is USC mascot materialuscgmck is USC mascot materialuscgmck is USC mascot materialuscgmck is USC mascot materialuscgmck is USC mascot materialuscgmck is USC mascot materialuscgmck is USC mascot materialuscgmck is USC mascot materialuscgmck is USC mascot materialuscgmck is USC mascot material

Those 2 E$PN guys could not shut up about crap to call a decent game or give us any legit details.
Old 04-16-2014, 09:11 PM   #13
chi3fcocksman
Fanatic

Male

CockyCash: 100302
chi3fcocksman is crowing loudlychi3fcocksman is crowing loudlychi3fcocksman is crowing loudlychi3fcocksman is crowing loudlychi3fcocksman is crowing loudlychi3fcocksman is crowing loudlychi3fcocksman is crowing loudlychi3fcocksman is crowing loudlychi3fcocksman is crowing loudlychi3fcocksman is crowing loudlychi3fcocksman is crowing loudly

Old 04-16-2014, 10:24 PM   #14
cockymac
I was the white shadow.

Male

CockyCash: 300500
cockymac is USC mascot materialcockymac is USC mascot materialcockymac is USC mascot materialcockymac is USC mascot materialcockymac is USC mascot materialcockymac is USC mascot materialcockymac is USC mascot materialcockymac is USC mascot materialcockymac is USC mascot materialcockymac is USC mascot materialcockymac is USC mascot material

Is he still at spur? I know that they were moving him around between lb spots to see where they could put him, but I'm not sure where he ended up.
cockymac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2014, 08:34 AM   #15
bhs04
high motor

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by cockymac View Post
Is he still at spur? I know that they were moving him around between lb spots to see where they could put him, but I'm not sure where he ended up.
Yea

Golighlty
Diggs
Larenz

Old 04-17-2014, 10:01 AM   #16
PageUSC
Recruiting60%-Coaching40%

Male

CockyCash: 987375
PageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot material

I think the Spur may be the 4th LB when we go to the 3-4 in some packages. We had some packages the last 2 years with 2 spurs out there.

I think other 3-4 alignments would add Walton as the extra OLB
Old 04-17-2014, 10:53 AM   #17
JDStud6
Two Deep

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jwilson View Post
No disrespect intended, but if he is tackling himself, shouldn't he be playing for clemsux.
and if he's blocking himself or a teammate, then he should play at Florida

JD
Old 04-17-2014, 11:26 AM   #18
Flameout12
1st Team All-American

Male

Flameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot material

Quote:
and if he's blocking himself or a teammate, then he should play at Florida

JD
A day UF will live in infamy....
Flameout12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2014, 11:39 AM   #19
bhs04
high motor

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by PageUSC View Post
I think the Spur may be the 4th LB when we go to the 3-4 in some packages. We had some packages the last 2 years with 2 spurs out there.

I think other 3-4 alignments would add Walton as the extra OLB
Yea we'll pretty much put golighlty as an extra safety and bring in that 3rd LB with a three man front.

SAFETY:
Elder
Williams
Golightly

CB:
Mcwilliams
Whoever else

BACKERS:
Skai
Lewis
Walton

DLINE:
Surratt
Dixon
English/Washington

I could see us using Washington because of his size (6'1" 280pounds) at DE in running situations.

Old 04-17-2014, 02:49 PM   #20
Goofyboy
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

Goofyboy is USC mascot materialGoofyboy is USC mascot materialGoofyboy is USC mascot materialGoofyboy is USC mascot materialGoofyboy is USC mascot materialGoofyboy is USC mascot materialGoofyboy is USC mascot materialGoofyboy is USC mascot materialGoofyboy is USC mascot materialGoofyboy is USC mascot materialGoofyboy is USC mascot material

Quote:
I could see us using Washington because of his size (6'1" 280pounds) at DE in running situations.
Do you mean David Johnson? If so, I agree. He's also considered to be pretty quick.
Goofyboy is offline   Reply With Quote