CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Cock Pit

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
b381l
Gamecocks1137
Order 66
snruter amabon
DTGCOCKS#32
Acockolypse Now
eightohhthree
Copperhead
NineInchSpurs
Gamecock Billy
Winston (4595)
ESPN reporter adding (2608)
SOS: No QB controve (1949)
Waldrop injured (1753)
Just read this. (1088)
In light of our matc (1036)
Sig I'm giving a Daw (997)
How we won the UGA g (951)
Christian Walker cal (626)
If we keep winning a (570)
How we won the UGA game:
Winston
Acock's SEC Wrap Up 2014:
2015 Commitment - Mon Den
Clemson requires sex hist
Christian Walker called u
Sig I'm giving a Dawg Bud
ESPN reporter adding to t
If this doesn't give you
Acock's Wrap Up: Georgia

Old 07-03-2012, 10:34 AM   #1
uscfan715
Walk On

Male

CockyCash: 200
uscfan715 is learning to peckuscfan715 is learning to peck
Default Vanderbilt Stadium

Has anybody ever been to a game at Vandy and know exactly what sections are designated for the visting team? Hopefully this map will help.

http://seatgeek.com/south-carolina-g...0-1-pm/777216/
uscfan715 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2012, 10:43 AM   #2
MWard
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 94340
MWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot material
Default Re: Vanderbilt Stadium

Quote:
Originally Posted by uscfan715 View Post
Has anybody ever been to a game at Vandy and know exactly what sections are designated for the visting team? Hopefully this map will help.

http://seatgeek.com/south-carolina-g...0-1-pm/777216/
Yes I have been, and I can tell you from experience that it's Vandy's football stadium so ALL of the sections are appropriate for visiting teams since:

Vandy is bad at football,ver few fans to their games,
By the 4th quarter, all the vandy fans that came to the game will be gone,
Most of the people who live in Nashville do/did not go to Vandy,
and when you've dominated a team, like we've dominated vandy over the years, they come to expect brashness. So, you are able to walk into any section and claim it as your own.

-Abo Swinney, April 23, 2014

http://espn.go.com/blog/ncfnation/po...steve-spurrier
MWard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2012, 10:57 AM   #3
Harris7x
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 575
Harris7x is developing his combHarris7x is developing his combHarris7x is developing his combHarris7x is developing his combHarris7x is developing his combHarris7x is developing his combHarris7x is developing his combHarris7x is developing his combHarris7x is developing his combHarris7x is developing his comb

Quote:
Originally Posted by MWard View Post
Yes I have been, and I can tell you from experience that it's Vandy's football stadium so ALL of the sections are appropriate for visiting teams since:

Vandy is bad at football,ver few fans to their games,
By the 4th quarter, all the vandy fans that came to the game will be gone,
Most of the people who live in Nashville do/did not go to Vandy,
and when you've dominated a team, like we've dominated vandy over the years, they come to expect brashness. So, you are able to walk into any section and claim it as your own.

Idk about this particular game. The school will be filled with hope and its an ESPN aired thursday night opener. It will be a pretty awesome environment. Kinda see the crowd around 30 second mark

Harris7x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2012, 11:01 AM   #4
CoverTwo
CockyTalk's Recruitnik

Male

2009 Awards: Awards for best Posters - Given for: Best Football Poster of 2009 
CockyCash: 101200
CoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot material

According to a co-worker, they had a huge increase in season ticket purchases this year. I expect it to be a full house and a suprisingly tough ticket for those that wait until game day.

As you walk down the fairway of life you must smell the roses, for you only get to play one round. - Ben Hogan
CoverTwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2012, 11:02 AM   #5
FanofCarolina1
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 0
FanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot material

I think Vandy will come out pumped up, them and their fans. But thanks to our winter workouts/summer workouts, our guys will still be fresh into the fourth quarter and run away with it.
Old 07-03-2012, 11:04 AM   #6
I Bleed Garnet
Heisman Candidate

Male

CockyCash: 524485398
I Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot material

I didn't know their students left the library

#LukeForMod
2010 Football SEC East Champs
2009 Basketball SEC East Co-Champs

"9 out of 10 schools cheat, and the 10th is in last place"-Jerry Tarkanian
I Bleed Garnet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2012, 11:05 AM   #7
Harris7x
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 575
Harris7x is developing his combHarris7x is developing his combHarris7x is developing his combHarris7x is developing his combHarris7x is developing his combHarris7x is developing his combHarris7x is developing his combHarris7x is developing his combHarris7x is developing his combHarris7x is developing his comb

Harris7x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2012, 11:25 AM   #8
LakeMonticelloCock
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 500
LakeMonticelloCock is crowing loudlyLakeMonticelloCock is crowing loudlyLakeMonticelloCock is crowing loudlyLakeMonticelloCock is crowing loudlyLakeMonticelloCock is crowing loudlyLakeMonticelloCock is crowing loudlyLakeMonticelloCock is crowing loudlyLakeMonticelloCock is crowing loudlyLakeMonticelloCock is crowing loudlyLakeMonticelloCock is crowing loudlyLakeMonticelloCock is crowing loudly

I've been to 5 games at Vandy. The idea that you can sit anywhere isn't true. They will have 35,000-40,000 fans at that game. In order to make sure you are with Gamecock fans you need to purchase tickets in the Gamecock sections.
LakeMonticelloCock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2012, 11:56 AM   #9
uscfan715
Walk On

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by LakeMonticelloCock View Post
I've been to 5 games at Vandy. The idea that you can sit anywhere isn't true. They will have 35,000-40,000 fans at that game. In order to make sure you are with Gamecock fans you need to purchase tickets in the Gamecock sections.
Any idea on what sections those are? I'd like to have an idea before I go buy tickets from the ticket office at the beginning of August.
Old 07-03-2012, 12:19 PM   #10
jellafever
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 1035714
jellafever is USC mascot materialjellafever is USC mascot materialjellafever is USC mascot materialjellafever is USC mascot materialjellafever is USC mascot materialjellafever is USC mascot materialjellafever is USC mascot materialjellafever is USC mascot materialjellafever is USC mascot materialjellafever is USC mascot materialjellafever is USC mascot material

I remember sections like U, V, and maybe W from the last time we played there. i'm sure there were others too.
jellafever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2012, 12:25 PM   #11
eightohhthree
Did you get ahold of 'em?

Male

eightohhthree is USC mascot materialeightohhthree is USC mascot materialeightohhthree is USC mascot materialeightohhthree is USC mascot materialeightohhthree is USC mascot materialeightohhthree is USC mascot materialeightohhthree is USC mascot materialeightohhthree is USC mascot materialeightohhthree is USC mascot materialeightohhthree is USC mascot materialeightohhthree is USC mascot material
Send a message via MSN to eightohhthree

Vandy will be the visiting team.
Old 07-03-2012, 12:28 PM   #12
GamecockMastermind
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 270
GamecockMastermind is USC mascot materialGamecockMastermind is USC mascot materialGamecockMastermind is USC mascot materialGamecockMastermind is USC mascot materialGamecockMastermind is USC mascot materialGamecockMastermind is USC mascot materialGamecockMastermind is USC mascot materialGamecockMastermind is USC mascot materialGamecockMastermind is USC mascot materialGamecockMastermind is USC mascot materialGamecockMastermind is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harris7x View Post
Idk about this particular game. The school will be filled with hope and its an ESPN aired thursday night opener. It will be a pretty awesome environment. Kinda see the crowd around 30 second mark

LMFAO that dude wouldnt be making plays like that against this Defense
GamecockMastermind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2012, 12:31 PM   #13
ElectricCock
Fear The Thumb, Clemson

Male

CockyCash: 200516
ElectricCock is USC mascot materialElectricCock is USC mascot materialElectricCock is USC mascot materialElectricCock is USC mascot materialElectricCock is USC mascot materialElectricCock is USC mascot materialElectricCock is USC mascot materialElectricCock is USC mascot materialElectricCock is USC mascot materialElectricCock is USC mascot materialElectricCock is USC mascot material

whatever you do, DO NOT BOO vandy... they are hardworking student-athletes

kidding
Old 07-03-2012, 12:33 PM   #14
ElectricCock
Fear The Thumb, Clemson

Male

CockyCash: 200516
ElectricCock is USC mascot materialElectricCock is USC mascot materialElectricCock is USC mascot materialElectricCock is USC mascot materialElectricCock is USC mascot materialElectricCock is USC mascot materialElectricCock is USC mascot materialElectricCock is USC mascot materialElectricCock is USC mascot materialElectricCock is USC mascot materialElectricCock is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by GamecockMastermind View Post
LMFAO that dude wouldnt be making plays like that against this Defense
seriously, we just werent very good yikes... makes you appreciate what we got now though

we gave up 118 points the last 3 games of the season in 2008... although we beat Arky, go figure
Old 07-03-2012, 12:41 PM   #15
I Bleed Garnet
Heisman Candidate

Male

CockyCash: 524485398
I Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot material

This is the SEC out football players major in football.

#LukeForMod
2010 Football SEC East Champs
2009 Basketball SEC East Co-Champs

"9 out of 10 schools cheat, and the 10th is in last place"-Jerry Tarkanian
I Bleed Garnet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2012, 12:45 PM   #16
davidmc467
Little Engine That Could

Male

davidmc467 is USC mascot materialdavidmc467 is USC mascot materialdavidmc467 is USC mascot materialdavidmc467 is USC mascot materialdavidmc467 is USC mascot materialdavidmc467 is USC mascot materialdavidmc467 is USC mascot materialdavidmc467 is USC mascot materialdavidmc467 is USC mascot materialdavidmc467 is USC mascot materialdavidmc467 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by uscfan715 View Post
Any idea on what sections those are? I'd like to have an idea before I go buy tickets from the ticket office at the beginning of August.
T,U,V are the visiting fans sections I believe.
Old 07-03-2012, 12:56 PM   #17
rileytm
4-Star

Male

rileytm is sharpening his clawsrileytm is sharpening his clawsrileytm is sharpening his clawsrileytm is sharpening his clawsrileytm is sharpening his claws

I do not know what sections are the visiting sections but I can tell you that this has been one of my favorite away games to go to over the last couple of years.

- Make sure when in Nashville to go to Pancake Pantry. Get the Sante Fe pancakes. Cornmeal with bacon, cheddar and green chiles baked in, best breakfast item Ive ever had.
Also make sure and go to The Stage bar. Great atmosphere and great music everytime Ive been.
- Lonnies Western Room on Printers Alley is small, but well worth it.
- Winners and Losers are two bars that are side by side and owned by the same guy. Live music and great crowd.
- McDougals, in between Vandy and Belmont has some of the best chicken and wings. Little outdoor deck, great place for food on Sunday before leaving.
rileytm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2012, 01:10 PM   #18
uscfan715
Walk On

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoverTwo View Post
According to a co-worker, they had a huge increase in season ticket purchases this year. I expect it to be a full house and a suprisingly tough ticket for those that wait until game day.
Yea, I expect for them to sell more tickets this year. I see where they actually decreased season ticket prices to drawn more fans.

http://www.vucommodores.com/tickets/...-football.html
Old 07-03-2012, 01:21 PM   #19
uscfan715
Walk On

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by rileytm View Post
I do not know what sections are the visiting sections but I can tell you that this has been one of my favorite away games to go to over the last couple of years.

- Make sure when in Nashville to go to Pancake Pantry. Get the Sante Fe pancakes. Cornmeal with bacon, cheddar and green chiles baked in, best breakfast item Ive ever had.
Also make sure and go to The Stage bar. Great atmosphere and great music everytime Ive been.
- Lonnies Western Room on Printers Alley is small, but well worth it.
- Winners and Losers are two bars that are side by side and owned by the same guy. Live music and great crowd.
- McDougals, in between Vandy and Belmont has some of the best chicken and wings. Little outdoor deck, great place for food on Sunday before leaving.
I went to Nashville for the first time back in March, but The Stage was the only one of these places that I got to go to. I read a lot of articles and talked friends from Nashville about places that I must-go before I went. I definitely want to try Losers this time if I get a chance. So much to do in so little time...
Old 07-03-2012, 01:24 PM   #20
uscfan715
Walk On

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidmc467 View Post
T,U,V are the visiting fans sections I believe.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jellafever View Post
I remember sections like U, V, and maybe W from the last time we played there. i'm sure there were others too.
Thank you! I'll keep that in mind come August 1st.