CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Community > The Water Cooler

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
bcolinc
JerseyBird
ConwayGamecock
Latti
usc1
kingofnerf
FanofCarolina1
Seladen
Gamecocks1137
The Yancey
**USC vs. Clemson GA (4595)
looks like we have 2 (1821)
Decommitment from Te (768)
Beat Miami (715)
BEST GAMECOCK FOOTBA (566)
Duck Bowl Depth Char (545)
Frank Martin's Game (542)
Garcia and Clemsux T (536)
Cleveland Browns Hea (475)
Need a dog kennel (186)
Tanner McEvoy to start fo
Cleveland Browns Headshot
**USC vs. Clemson GAME Th
Bowl packages
So, why is next year goin
Four USC Basketball Games
Beat Miami
Previewing Clemson
2015 - Mark Fields
Decommitment from Texas A

Old 04-21-2014, 06:07 PM   #41
CockyCody
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 200
CockyCody has developed his gaff and talonsCockyCody has developed his gaff and talonsCockyCody has developed his gaff and talonsCockyCody has developed his gaff and talonsCockyCody has developed his gaff and talonsCockyCody has developed his gaff and talonsCockyCody has developed his gaff and talonsCockyCody has developed his gaff and talonsCockyCody has developed his gaff and talonsCockyCody has developed his gaff and talonsCockyCody has developed his gaff and talons
Default Re: Best American rock band

I like the Foo Fighters but I would have to say Alice In Chains outranks them when it comes to kick ass stuff.
CockyCody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2014, 06:32 PM   #42
ccured
2nd Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 4058916
ccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by CockyCody View Post
I like the Foo Fighters but I would have to say Alice In Chains outranks them when it comes to kick ass stuff.
+1
ccured is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2014, 07:06 PM   #43
Master Bedroom
Game MVP

Male

CockyCash: 500
Master Bedroom is USC mascot materialMaster Bedroom is USC mascot materialMaster Bedroom is USC mascot materialMaster Bedroom is USC mascot materialMaster Bedroom is USC mascot materialMaster Bedroom is USC mascot materialMaster Bedroom is USC mascot materialMaster Bedroom is USC mascot materialMaster Bedroom is USC mascot materialMaster Bedroom is USC mascot materialMaster Bedroom is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acockolypse Now View Post
None of you bitches like Foo Fighters?

Insane.
I think the Foo Fighters are actually a really good rock and roll band. Dave Grohl has easily become one of the bigger rock icons of my generation. Their last album 'wasting light' was just a really good rock album. I think if I could morph FF and Nirvana into one band they would make my list but not separately. Without giving this much thought...the first 3 names that popped into my head were...

Alice In Chains
Rage Against the Machine
Queens of the Stoneage

All of these bands are/were so good at making complete albums full of quality shit from start to finish..and every album they did had it's own way about it, different from the last/next

Last edited by Master Bedroom; 04-21-2014 at 08:48 PM.
Master Bedroom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2014, 07:59 PM   #44
Hoodrow Wilson
Banned

Male

Hoodrow Wilson is crowing loudlyHoodrow Wilson is crowing loudlyHoodrow Wilson is crowing loudlyHoodrow Wilson is crowing loudlyHoodrow Wilson is crowing loudlyHoodrow Wilson is crowing loudlyHoodrow Wilson is crowing loudlyHoodrow Wilson is crowing loudlyHoodrow Wilson is crowing loudlyHoodrow Wilson is crowing loudlyHoodrow Wilson is crowing loudly

Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band

Last edited by Hoodrow Wilson; 05-06-2014 at 04:06 AM.
Hoodrow Wilson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2014, 08:11 PM   #45
Grit_And_Steel
Not The Average Cracker

Male

CockyCash: 200400
Grit_And_Steel is USC mascot materialGrit_And_Steel is USC mascot materialGrit_And_Steel is USC mascot materialGrit_And_Steel is USC mascot materialGrit_And_Steel is USC mascot materialGrit_And_Steel is USC mascot materialGrit_And_Steel is USC mascot materialGrit_And_Steel is USC mascot materialGrit_And_Steel is USC mascot materialGrit_And_Steel is USC mascot materialGrit_And_Steel is USC mascot material

Some good bands mentioned in here, i'm gonna name another... Tool.
Old 04-21-2014, 08:25 PM   #46
Master Bedroom
Game MVP

Male

Master Bedroom is USC mascot materialMaster Bedroom is USC mascot materialMaster Bedroom is USC mascot materialMaster Bedroom is USC mascot materialMaster Bedroom is USC mascot materialMaster Bedroom is USC mascot materialMaster Bedroom is USC mascot materialMaster Bedroom is USC mascot materialMaster Bedroom is USC mascot materialMaster Bedroom is USC mascot materialMaster Bedroom is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grit_And_Steel View Post
Some good bands mentioned in here, i'm gonna name another... Tool.
I would add tool into my list as well
Master Bedroom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2014, 08:55 PM   #47
U-Dub Gamecock
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 58166
U-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by CockyCody View Post
AIC is bad ass.. Layne Staley, RIP...

Nirvana is my choice... started a whole new genre of music... going to school in Seattle when it was at its peak was unreal... Oh the stories I have.
Old 04-21-2014, 09:00 PM   #48
U-Dub Gamecock
1st Team All-American

Male

U-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by ccured View Post
The Allman Brothers Band- words can't describe why. it is something you feel. Duane allman slide guitar and Gregg's voice then throw the rest of the band is gravy
Creedence Clearwater Revival- Fogerty was a great lyricist and the band was fantastic
Nirvana- they made grunge alternative mainstream pop for 5 year or so period
REM- redefined what alternative rock was
Aerosmith- not my favorite but how long they were on top is hard to argue with
The Eagles- Their harmonies are works of magic. Radio has ruined what people think of them. Listen to the entire catalog
Lynyrd Skynyrd- like the Eagles radio has pigeonholed their reputation. Listen to the entire catalog
[U]Sonic Youth[/u]- arguably the most artistic band ever. their influence is immenseThe Pixies -like sonic youth their influence is still felt
The Red Hot Chili Peppers -keeping the funk alive
Most Seattle/Grunge bands got their inspiration from Sonic Youth... Teenage Riot is still one of my favorite songs of all time.
Old 04-21-2014, 09:03 PM   #49
U-Dub Gamecock
1st Team All-American

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acockolypse Now View Post
None of you bitches like Foo Fighters?

Insane.
Foo is good... Love Dave Grohl, but there are many other bands from the NW that I prefer...

Melvins
Tad
Mudhoney
Nirvana
Alice In Chains
Soundgarden
Everclear (From Portland)

I like Pearl Jam about as much as Foo... but the bands I mentioned above, I would put ahead of those 2
Old 04-21-2014, 11:47 PM   #50
GamecockInAugusta
Honor, Duty, Apostrophes.

Male

CockyCash: 10019050
GamecockInAugusta is USC mascot materialGamecockInAugusta is USC mascot materialGamecockInAugusta is USC mascot materialGamecockInAugusta is USC mascot materialGamecockInAugusta is USC mascot materialGamecockInAugusta is USC mascot materialGamecockInAugusta is USC mascot materialGamecockInAugusta is USC mascot materialGamecockInAugusta is USC mascot materialGamecockInAugusta is USC mascot materialGamecockInAugusta is USC mascot material

I'm surprised no one's said Boston yet. I love Boston.
How about Kansas?
Or Dream Theater?
Tool, Incubus, Red Hot Chili Peppers, Soundgarden, Alice in Chains ... all worthy additions.
GamecockInAugusta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2014, 01:01 AM   #51
Finger Tipsofsteel
Walk On

Male

Finger Tipsofsteel has hatched from the shell

Not one single mention of Cheap Trick! I'm stunned!!
Finger Tipsofsteel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2014, 03:07 AM   #52
Acockolypse Now
L-I-V-I-N

Male

CockyCash: 45000175
Acockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot material

Has anyone mentioned KISS yet?

I'm too lazy to look.

Tad was great, Jack Pepsi kicked ass.
Old 04-22-2014, 07:09 AM   #53
ERNIET
GAMECOCK 43

Male

CockyCash: 740
ERNIET is making other chickens nervousERNIET is making other chickens nervousERNIET is making other chickens nervousERNIET is making other chickens nervousERNIET is making other chickens nervousERNIET is making other chickens nervousERNIET is making other chickens nervousERNIET is making other chickens nervous

1. Beach Boys
2. Creedance Clearwater Revival
3. Frankie Valley and the 4 Seasons
4. The Eagles
ERNIET is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2014, 02:15 PM   #54
markymark550
Bowl MVP

Male

CockyCash: 1000
markymark550 is USC mascot materialmarkymark550 is USC mascot materialmarkymark550 is USC mascot materialmarkymark550 is USC mascot materialmarkymark550 is USC mascot materialmarkymark550 is USC mascot materialmarkymark550 is USC mascot materialmarkymark550 is USC mascot materialmarkymark550 is USC mascot materialmarkymark550 is USC mascot materialmarkymark550 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by U-Dub Gamecock View Post
Foo is good... Love Dave Grohl, but there are many other bands from the NW that I prefer...

Melvins
Tad
Mudhoney
Nirvana
Alice In Chains
Soundgarden
Everclear (From Portland)

I like Pearl Jam about as much as Foo... but the bands I mentioned above, I would put ahead of those 2
Subtract Everclear and add Screaming Trees and Mother Love Bone and you have my list of favorite bands, keeping Pearl Jam at the top of course :)
markymark550 is online now   Reply With Quote