CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Community > The Water Cooler

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
JerseyBird
The Yancey
GregoryHouse
usc1
ConwayGamecock
Regalcock
Ericvol2096
CockyGuy
Copperhead
Phillygamecock
**USC Women vs. Kent (4007)
***TODAY'S GAME POST (1336)
UNC Cheated With Gra (1159)
Victor Hampton In Th (991)
Spud Webb Dunks at 4 (601)
Going to my first ba (582)
2015 SEC Men's Baske (437)
UNC Cheated With Gra (318)
Joey Logano's unbeat (289)
i'll bet you haven't (196)
**2015 Gamecock Softball
The 2015 NASCAR Season
**USC Women vs. Kentucky
Spring Roster notes
Victor Hampton In The New
UFC 184: "Rowdy"
Future OOC scheduling
UNC Cheated With Grad Sch
Going to my first basebal
Three Gamecocks redshirts

Old 01-15-2015, 03:16 PM   #1
wumarshall82
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 500
wumarshall82 is USC mascot materialwumarshall82 is USC mascot materialwumarshall82 is USC mascot materialwumarshall82 is USC mascot materialwumarshall82 is USC mascot materialwumarshall82 is USC mascot materialwumarshall82 is USC mascot materialwumarshall82 is USC mascot materialwumarshall82 is USC mascot materialwumarshall82 is USC mascot materialwumarshall82 is USC mascot material
Default Used Car Dealership Stiffs Pizza Delivery Guy

Guess they don't understand the fact that you don't hand 2 - $20s and 2-$5s for a bill that adds up to $42 and expect to receive the change back... Kinda understood that its a tip at that point.

Pretty awesome that the internet is blowing this place up.. Bunch ah freakin' jerkoffs!

NSFW LANGUAGE

http://thechive.com/2015/01/14/car-d...tos/lead-1976/
Old 01-15-2015, 04:24 PM   #2
2000grad
Unofficial WDW Expert

Male

CockyCash: 1000468
2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material
Default Re: Used Car Dealership Stiffs Pizza Delivery Guy

You always play dumb and assume that they want change. I used to work as a server. One time, I asked the wrong question, "Do you need change?" I got a very evil look and no tip. NEVER assume.

Now, if these people did this just to be jerks, well, they proved the fact that they accomplished their task.

2000grad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2015, 04:45 PM   #3
ScottK
Blue Chip

Male

ScottK is crowing loudlyScottK is crowing loudlyScottK is crowing loudlyScottK is crowing loudlyScottK is crowing loudlyScottK is crowing loudlyScottK is crowing loudlyScottK is crowing loudlyScottK is crowing loudlyScottK is crowing loudlyScottK is crowing loudly

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2000grad View Post
You always play dumb and assume that they want change. I used to work as a server. One time, I asked the wrong question, "Do you need change?" I got a very evil look and no tip. NEVER assume.

Now, if these people did this just to be jerks, well, they proved the fact that they accomplished their task.
The point is that if they had just given him two twenties and a five ($45) for the $42.xx bill, there might would've been a question of "am I supposed to keep the change as a tip?"

But they gave him two twenties and two fives ($50) for the $42.xx bill. There would've no sane reason to give him the unnecessary $5 unless it was so that he could keep it and the change as a tip.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
ScottK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2015, 04:59 PM   #4
GamecockNeal
American Gamecock....

Male

CockyCash: 5445
GamecockNeal is USC mascot materialGamecockNeal is USC mascot materialGamecockNeal is USC mascot materialGamecockNeal is USC mascot materialGamecockNeal is USC mascot materialGamecockNeal is USC mascot materialGamecockNeal is USC mascot materialGamecockNeal is USC mascot materialGamecockNeal is USC mascot materialGamecockNeal is USC mascot materialGamecockNeal is USC mascot material

8 dollars on a 42 dollar check is about 19%. I usually tip about 20 on my meals. Should the driver have given the change back-yes. Did he deserve what he got-no. Also, sounds like there are a few cheapskates around here.
Old 01-15-2015, 05:24 PM   #5
ScottK
Blue Chip

Male

ScottK is crowing loudlyScottK is crowing loudlyScottK is crowing loudlyScottK is crowing loudlyScottK is crowing loudlyScottK is crowing loudlyScottK is crowing loudlyScottK is crowing loudlyScottK is crowing loudlyScottK is crowing loudlyScottK is crowing loudly

Quote:
Originally Posted by GamecockNeal View Post
8 dollars on a 42 dollar check is about 19%. I usually tip about 20 on my meals. Should the driver have given the change back-yes. Did he deserve what he got-no. Also, sounds like there are a few cheapskates around here.
Why did they give him the extra $5 in the first place?

ScottK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2015, 05:29 PM   #6
thekob
2nd Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 100700
thekob is USC mascot materialthekob is USC mascot materialthekob is USC mascot materialthekob is USC mascot materialthekob is USC mascot materialthekob is USC mascot materialthekob is USC mascot materialthekob is USC mascot materialthekob is USC mascot materialthekob is USC mascot materialthekob is USC mascot material

It's a valid assumption if they gave you extra bills then it's a tip. Why in the world would someone give you an extra $5 if they didn't want you to keep the change?

It was completely unnecessary for them to pile on the way they did, especially the b!tch at the end. Obviously they're assh*les as well as f*cking cheap.

Seems that karma is at work though...

http://www.boston.com/news/local/mas...j5L/story.html
thekob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2015, 05:30 PM   #7
Captain9Dragons
Forest Grump

Male

CockyCash: 22007959
Captain9Dragons is USC mascot materialCaptain9Dragons is USC mascot materialCaptain9Dragons is USC mascot materialCaptain9Dragons is USC mascot materialCaptain9Dragons is USC mascot materialCaptain9Dragons is USC mascot materialCaptain9Dragons is USC mascot materialCaptain9Dragons is USC mascot materialCaptain9Dragons is USC mascot materialCaptain9Dragons is USC mascot materialCaptain9Dragons is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottK View Post

excellent catch!
Old 01-15-2015, 05:31 PM   #8
johnnyb
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Male

CockyCash: 1715674460
johnnyb is USC mascot materialjohnnyb is USC mascot materialjohnnyb is USC mascot materialjohnnyb is USC mascot materialjohnnyb is USC mascot materialjohnnyb is USC mascot materialjohnnyb is USC mascot materialjohnnyb is USC mascot materialjohnnyb is USC mascot materialjohnnyb is USC mascot materialjohnnyb is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by thekob View Post
It's a valid assumption if they gave you extra bills then it's a tip. Why in the world would someone give you an extra $5 if they didn't want you to keep the change?

It was completely unnecessary for them to pile on the way they did, especially the b!tch at the end. Obviously they're assh*les as well as f*cking cheap.
I can answer that, they wanted change for the $5 so that they could split up the bill evenly

To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason is like administering medicine to the dead.
johnnyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2015, 05:39 PM   #9
Captain9Dragons
Forest Grump

Male

CockyCash: 22007959
Captain9Dragons is USC mascot materialCaptain9Dragons is USC mascot materialCaptain9Dragons is USC mascot materialCaptain9Dragons is USC mascot materialCaptain9Dragons is USC mascot materialCaptain9Dragons is USC mascot materialCaptain9Dragons is USC mascot materialCaptain9Dragons is USC mascot materialCaptain9Dragons is USC mascot materialCaptain9Dragons is USC mascot materialCaptain9Dragons is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnyb View Post
I can answer that, they wanted change for the $5 so that they could split up the bill evenly
man, i am a little tight, but that never crossed my mind, savages
Old 01-15-2015, 05:40 PM   #10
RoosterBooster
2nd Team All-SEC

CockyCash: 100500
RoosterBooster is USC mascot materialRoosterBooster is USC mascot materialRoosterBooster is USC mascot materialRoosterBooster is USC mascot materialRoosterBooster is USC mascot materialRoosterBooster is USC mascot materialRoosterBooster is USC mascot materialRoosterBooster is USC mascot materialRoosterBooster is USC mascot materialRoosterBooster is USC mascot materialRoosterBooster is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottK View Post

Maybe they miscounted?
Old 01-15-2015, 05:45 PM   #11
JaxcockFL
Cunning Linquist

Male

CockyCash: 104965
JaxcockFL is USC mascot materialJaxcockFL is USC mascot materialJaxcockFL is USC mascot materialJaxcockFL is USC mascot materialJaxcockFL is USC mascot materialJaxcockFL is USC mascot materialJaxcockFL is USC mascot materialJaxcockFL is USC mascot materialJaxcockFL is USC mascot materialJaxcockFL is USC mascot materialJaxcockFL is USC mascot material

I saw that this morning on "Right This Minute." The dealership has gotten lit up with negative reviews on the internet. Also, someone set up a tip reimbursement for the driver that should get him $500.

The part that gets me is that the dealership leaked the video because they thought they were in the right.

http://www.rightthisminute.com/
Old 01-15-2015, 05:48 PM   #12
johnnyb
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Male

johnnyb is USC mascot materialjohnnyb is USC mascot materialjohnnyb is USC mascot materialjohnnyb is USC mascot materialjohnnyb is USC mascot materialjohnnyb is USC mascot materialjohnnyb is USC mascot materialjohnnyb is USC mascot materialjohnnyb is USC mascot materialjohnnyb is USC mascot materialjohnnyb is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain9Dragons View Post
man, i am a little tight, but that never crossed my mind, savages
thats the only reason I can see for them giving him the extra, you would think the money was taken up when the order was placed so it shouldn't have been miscounted, you would think they would have counted it then, then recounted it before handing it over.

To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason is like administering medicine to the dead.
Old 01-15-2015, 05:51 PM   #13
SterlingBrooks
Lock Down Corner

Male

CockyCash: 180386
SterlingBrooks is USC mascot materialSterlingBrooks is USC mascot materialSterlingBrooks is USC mascot materialSterlingBrooks is USC mascot materialSterlingBrooks is USC mascot materialSterlingBrooks is USC mascot materialSterlingBrooks is USC mascot materialSterlingBrooks is USC mascot materialSterlingBrooks is USC mascot materialSterlingBrooks is USC mascot materialSterlingBrooks is USC mascot material

The correct answer is you give change on the extra 5, and that's only if they are standing there looking at you and not closing the door. If it had been a 2 20's and a 10 you would give 8 back automatically.
Old 01-15-2015, 06:47 PM   #14
wumarshall82
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

wumarshall82 is USC mascot materialwumarshall82 is USC mascot materialwumarshall82 is USC mascot materialwumarshall82 is USC mascot materialwumarshall82 is USC mascot materialwumarshall82 is USC mascot materialwumarshall82 is USC mascot materialwumarshall82 is USC mascot materialwumarshall82 is USC mascot materialwumarshall82 is USC mascot materialwumarshall82 is USC mascot material

They let the dude leave before realizing they didn't get change back... when he is standing right there in front of them giving them the order? Where was the person that gave him the money? If he is already gone, you let it go.

It was funny that the delivery guy was trying to explain the bill situation and the idiot didn't seem to get it.
Old 01-15-2015, 07:01 PM   #15
ccured
2nd Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 4860120
ccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot material

IMO once they give you an extra bill it is an implied tip. If they wanted 1s back to split the change between them they should have paid the bill with with 45 and asked for ones for the last 5. They are in the wrong not the delivery guy
ccured is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2015, 07:07 PM   #16
d20636
Go Cocks!

Male

CockyCash: 1360
d20636 is USC mascot materiald20636 is USC mascot materiald20636 is USC mascot materiald20636 is USC mascot materiald20636 is USC mascot materiald20636 is USC mascot materiald20636 is USC mascot materiald20636 is USC mascot materiald20636 is USC mascot materiald20636 is USC mascot materiald20636 is USC mascot material

I didn't realize Bostonian used car salesmen were such badasses with the power to get anyone fired... With the pissed-off internet, you could understand the yelp/google reviews right now, but the place even has bad marks with the BBB...

If they continue to order from the same pizza joint, there next might just look like...

Old 01-15-2015, 07:15 PM   #17
ccured
2nd Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 4860120
ccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot material

Can you have audio and video security cams like that in Mass? Mass is a two party consent state and that seems to violated that
ccured is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2015, 07:32 PM   #18
johnnyb
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by ccured View Post
Can you have audio and video security cams like that in Mass? Mass is a two party consent state and that seems to violated that
if the entire exchange occurs in public consent prob doesnt apply, or if there is signage posted informing of the cameras.

Old 01-15-2015, 07:38 PM   #19
JaxcockFL
Cunning Linquist

Male

CockyCash: 104965
JaxcockFL is USC mascot materialJaxcockFL is USC mascot materialJaxcockFL is USC mascot materialJaxcockFL is USC mascot materialJaxcockFL is USC mascot materialJaxcockFL is USC mascot materialJaxcockFL is USC mascot materialJaxcockFL is USC mascot materialJaxcockFL is USC mascot materialJaxcockFL is USC mascot materialJaxcockFL is USC mascot material

Yeah, but I kind of wander about who leaked it. Would that be a problem? Pretty funny that it blew up in their face, though.
Old 01-15-2015, 07:57 PM   #20
markymark550
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 1000
markymark550 is USC mascot materialmarkymark550 is USC mascot materialmarkymark550 is USC mascot materialmarkymark550 is USC mascot materialmarkymark550 is USC mascot materialmarkymark550 is USC mascot materialmarkymark550 is USC mascot materialmarkymark550 is USC mascot materialmarkymark550 is USC mascot materialmarkymark550 is USC mascot materialmarkymark550 is USC mascot material

Bunch of assholes there. I hope they never sell another car.
markymark550 is offline   Reply With Quote