CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Community > The Water Cooler

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
b381l
Spurticus
TAFC 5 1981
sanford
usc1
gamecockgal
Gamecockfanatic4
smoovecock
StormOfTalons
robgusc76
Top 10 Reasons Why T (2169)
Jaguars Justin Black (848)
Spurrier vs Saban (804)
Kansas to invest $75 (757)
When does fall pract (725)
An Air Algerie Fligh (279)
Frank Caliendo + Mor (268)
Anyone Switching to (259)
Expect A Healthy Dos (253)
Darth Vader 'Vette (191)
Signee James Thompson arr
Texags
Coach's media golf press
Stephen Garcia AMA on Red
2015 - Nathan Gilliam
2015 - Amonte Caban
Baseball Recruiting Threa
Places to eat in Conway?
Spurrier vs Saban
Another A&M aggie off

Old 05-02-2014, 05:07 PM   #21
markp_vip
Bowl MVP

Male

CockyCash: 6001866
markp_vip is USC mascot materialmarkp_vip is USC mascot materialmarkp_vip is USC mascot materialmarkp_vip is USC mascot materialmarkp_vip is USC mascot materialmarkp_vip is USC mascot materialmarkp_vip is USC mascot materialmarkp_vip is USC mascot materialmarkp_vip is USC mascot materialmarkp_vip is USC mascot materialmarkp_vip is USC mascot material
Default Re: Razors

Quote:
Originally Posted by ccured View Post
I was a proglide person for a long time but couldn't justify the expense of the blades since I really only have to shave once or twice a week to be acceptable for work. I now use the gillette customplus disposable razors that come 10 in a pack for $9 or $10. I use the same razor 3 or 4 times. I use barbasol it is the best shaving cream it is the best.
Very economical too. I used this before switching to electric and I believe you can still get a can for a little over a buck compared to the 4-6 bucks for one of the gel type brands.
Recently the difference between Clemson and Carolina has become clear. While Irrational People Talk About Yesterday, The Rational Ones Orchestrate Success Today. So as they desperately cling to their history, we continue to make history day by day.
markp_vip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2014, 05:07 PM   #22
3MTA3
Game MVP

Male

CockyCash: 500
3MTA3 is USC mascot material3MTA3 is USC mascot material3MTA3 is USC mascot material3MTA3 is USC mascot material3MTA3 is USC mascot material3MTA3 is USC mascot material3MTA3 is USC mascot material3MTA3 is USC mascot material3MTA3 is USC mascot material3MTA3 is USC mascot material3MTA3 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by ccured View Post
I use barbasol it is the best shaving cream it is the best.

As I read this sentence, I had my doubts that barbasol was the best shaving cream, but once I read it was the best, I was convinced.
3MTA3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2014, 05:42 PM   #23
ccured
What a Rush!!!

Male

CockyCash: 5955916
ccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3MTA3 View Post
As I read this sentence, I had my doubts that barbasol was the best shaving cream, but once I read it was the best, I was convinced.
i honestly didn't realize i typed that. whoops
ccured is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2014, 11:45 PM   #24
bigdog2003
Future Coaching Legend

Male

CockyCash: 999762
bigdog2003 is USC mascot materialbigdog2003 is USC mascot materialbigdog2003 is USC mascot materialbigdog2003 is USC mascot materialbigdog2003 is USC mascot materialbigdog2003 is USC mascot materialbigdog2003 is USC mascot materialbigdog2003 is USC mascot materialbigdog2003 is USC mascot materialbigdog2003 is USC mascot materialbigdog2003 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by catdaddy66 View Post
Is it as glorious as I've heard??

I use as cheap of a triple bladed disposable as I can. 2 or 4 blades just aren't as good as the tre,!IMO.
I may have the longest beard in teaching. I have yet to meet another teacher with a beard as long as mine.

bigdog2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2014, 09:09 AM   #25
gamecock88
All Everything

Male

CockyCash: 200
gamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot material

Braun electric razor, daily. Close enough but not as good as a blade shave. It tells me when the foil and cutter, cleaning fluid need to be replaced but I think that's just so Braun can sell more parts. The cleaner works well. If I added it all up I still think it's cheaper than buying razors or blades.
gamecock88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2014, 09:52 AM   #26
Gearhead
Fine Tuning..The Future

Male

CockyCash: 160510
Gearhead is USC mascot materialGearhead is USC mascot materialGearhead is USC mascot materialGearhead is USC mascot materialGearhead is USC mascot materialGearhead is USC mascot materialGearhead is USC mascot materialGearhead is USC mascot materialGearhead is USC mascot materialGearhead is USC mascot materialGearhead is USC mascot material

bar of soap and a gillette fusion pro glide in the shower.

Shave every morning.
Old 05-03-2014, 10:44 AM   #27
Gamecocks1137
Bowl MVP

Male

CockyCash: 500
Gamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gearhead View Post
bar of soap and a gillette fusion pro glide in the shower.

Shave every morning.
I hate the way bar soap feels, dries skin out bad.

"Are you a millionaire right now?" 'Nah, not yet. I'm still broke." - Jadeveon Clowney

Cockytalk's own conspiracy theorist.
Gamecocks1137 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2014, 02:44 PM   #28
uscbrasco
4-Star

Male

CockyCash: 510
uscbrasco has earned his spursuscbrasco has earned his spursuscbrasco has earned his spursuscbrasco has earned his spursuscbrasco has earned his spursuscbrasco has earned his spurs

I used Gillette razor and blades for a long time, until I found that the new blade felt just as bad as the blade I had just thrown away. I got tired of getting milked for blades that sucked right out of the packaging.

I switched to an old school safety razor and blades. Blades are stupid cheap, like 10 for $5 and insanely sharp, compared to the crap Gillette was selling. The razor itself was a little pricey at $30, but the blades make up for it.

Shaving cream wise, I like this stuff.
http://www.getjackblack.com/Products...oy__1009O.aspx

Razor
http://www.leesrazors.com/products/M...ka-180%29.html

Blades
http://www.leesrazors.com/products/C...Blades%29.html

I found that I could feel the pull of the razor a lot less than before and my wife claims its a closer shave. I did have a couple of ingrown hairs right when I switched, but havent had any issues recently.
uscbrasco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2014, 03:36 PM   #29
The Yancey
Grumpy Old Fart

Male

2009 Awards: Awards for best Posters - Given for: Best Signature 
CockyCash: 4751350
The Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot material

If you really want to treat yourself find an old school barber and get a shave.

#ModForMod
The Yancey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2014, 07:52 AM   #30
Spur's Addiction
Been caught moddin'...

Male

CockyCash: 200
Spur's Addiction is USC mascot materialSpur's Addiction is USC mascot materialSpur's Addiction is USC mascot materialSpur's Addiction is USC mascot materialSpur's Addiction is USC mascot materialSpur's Addiction is USC mascot materialSpur's Addiction is USC mascot materialSpur's Addiction is USC mascot materialSpur's Addiction is USC mascot materialSpur's Addiction is USC mascot materialSpur's Addiction is USC mascot material

Always dry your razors on a towel after using. No matter what brand or type you use.

This will make them last much, much longer. Water left on the blade will make it corrode and will tear it up much faster then any hair ever will.

I sues Gillet Fusion. Yes the cartridges are pricey, but with drying them off I can make them last 3 or 4 times longer then typical.
Old 05-05-2014, 11:07 AM   #31
ColaCock
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 800
ColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot material

I used Dollar Shave Club and 800 razors. Had pretty decent experiences with them. However, I soon realized I could buy the same exact razors they send to you (DSC)...from the manufacturer (Dorco) themselves. 800razors was better.

However, I am now using Harry's razors now. $15 for an 8 pack every 2 months delivered to my door (free shipping). That is $1.88 per razor. They are made in Germany just for Harry's...great craftmanship. They also offer shaving cream, too.

You can't beat it. I have to shave a lot (every day) and have been shaving since I was 12. Harry's razors last longer than my previous (Mach3).

ColaCock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2014, 11:14 AM   #32
ColaCock
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 800
ColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cockypantherfan View Post
Try 800razors.com

I buy the 3 or 5 blade razors and use Gillette shaving cream. I shave everyday and it is a good combo for me.

And before someone mentions it, 800razors are FAR better than dollar shave club. I have used both and the dollar shave club razor blades feel cheap and give me a rougher, much less comfortable shave.
This is true, but Harry's is far better than 800razors. Make the move, bro!

ColaCock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2014, 11:42 AM   #33
CockyInTexas
Deadpool

Male

CockyCash: 675
CockyInTexas has developed his gaff and talonsCockyInTexas has developed his gaff and talonsCockyInTexas has developed his gaff and talonsCockyInTexas has developed his gaff and talonsCockyInTexas has developed his gaff and talonsCockyInTexas has developed his gaff and talonsCockyInTexas has developed his gaff and talonsCockyInTexas has developed his gaff and talonsCockyInTexas has developed his gaff and talonsCockyInTexas has developed his gaff and talonsCockyInTexas has developed his gaff and talons

Barbasol Aloe and a Schick Hydro 5, in the shower. I have sensitive skin, and some of the most aggressive stubble I've ever known simultaneously. I tried the Pro Glide and it just gave me a rash, every time I shaved, which, when in the Navy, was twice a day. The Schick Hydro doesn't give me that problem.

Sent from my MB886 using Tapatalk 2

2014 Capital One Bowl Champions!

Thank you Connor!
CockyInTexas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2014, 11:00 AM   #34
The Yancey
Grumpy Old Fart

Male

2009 Awards: Awards for best Posters - Given for: Best Signature 
CockyCash: 4751350
The Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot material

The Easy Trick to Drastically Increase the Life of Your Razor Blades

http://gizmodo.com/the-easy-trick-to...ium=socialflow

#ModForMod
The Yancey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2014, 11:15 AM   #35
cocky0
The Slurp

Male

2009 Awards: Awards for best Posters - Given for: Best Signature 2008 Cockytalk Award: 2008 Cockytalk Award - Given for: 2008 Fark of the Year Christmas Farking Contest: Christmas Farking Contest - Given for: Winning Farking Contest 
CockyCash: 26100000
cocky0 is USC mascot materialcocky0 is USC mascot materialcocky0 is USC mascot materialcocky0 is USC mascot materialcocky0 is USC mascot materialcocky0 is USC mascot materialcocky0 is USC mascot materialcocky0 is USC mascot materialcocky0 is USC mascot materialcocky0 is USC mascot materialcocky0 is USC mascot material
Send a message via Yahoo to cocky0

I use the old school safety razor most of the time. When I'm at home, I couple it with the brush and soap, but I use Barbasol when I'm on the road. I buy Feather blades online, and it comes out to roughly $0.30 per blade, each of which lasts me several days. (And I have very coarse hair.)

Sometimes though I change things up a bit and use the Fusion knock-off razors you can buy at Bi-Lo.
Old 05-12-2014, 11:17 AM   #36
markp_vip
Bowl MVP

Male

CockyCash: 6001866
markp_vip is USC mascot materialmarkp_vip is USC mascot materialmarkp_vip is USC mascot materialmarkp_vip is USC mascot materialmarkp_vip is USC mascot materialmarkp_vip is USC mascot materialmarkp_vip is USC mascot materialmarkp_vip is USC mascot materialmarkp_vip is USC mascot materialmarkp_vip is USC mascot materialmarkp_vip is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Yancey View Post
The Easy Trick to Drastically Increase the Life of Your Razor Blades

http://gizmodo.com/the-easy-trick-to...ium=socialflow
Good tip, this works pretty well. Pretty much has the same effect as using a steel to true up a knife.
Recently the difference between Clemson and Carolina has become clear. While Irrational People Talk About Yesterday, The Rational Ones Orchestrate Success Today. So as they desperately cling to their history, we continue to make history day by day.
markp_vip is offline   Reply With Quote