CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Other Sports > The Locker Room

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
Gamecocks1137
jrussjr
eightohhthree
SC Sandlapper
Ahmad
Spur's Addiction
HeadCockFan
Order 66
henmania
gAmkok
Clem5on fans are bes (2647)
Defensive personnel (1497)
Mizzou Depth Chart v (1402)
7:30 kickoff for Ken (1361)
Defense not an issue (1042)
Cack's Toast of the (827)
Legitimate, Unbiased (718)
Brawl at 49ers/Cardi (696)
I guess we don't get (672)
The Green Strip is B (378)
2016 - Bryan Edwards
I guess we don't get all
Antonio Allen vs Alshon J
Name a Gamecock
On the other hand
Rank the SEC starting QBs
Pharoh Cooper is a stud
Gameday Sign Ideas
Defense not an issue....
Celebrity Guest Picker...

Old 04-30-2014, 04:23 PM   #1
2000grad
Unofficial WDW Expert

Male

CockyCash: 1000468
2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material
Default Top ten receivers in BCS era

Really? I can understand some of these guys...but not the entire list

http://athlonsports.com/college-foot...ers-bcs-era#10

2000grad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2014, 04:44 PM   #2
usc1
Class of 2013

Male

CockyCash: 749
usc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot material
Default Re: Top ten receivers in BCS era

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2000grad View Post
Really? I can understand some of these guys...but not the entire list

http://athlonsports.com/college-foot...ers-bcs-era#10
Yeah some of those were confusing. Were they going for production or talent or what?

Percy Harvin was a great player but I don't think I'd put him on a top 10 receiver list. Hell, I think Alshon was a better receiver than a couple of those guys but I guess he lacked the career numbers. AJ Green has an argument too.
Old 04-30-2014, 04:46 PM   #3
B-G
Bowl MVP

Male

CockyCash: 500
B-G rules the CockPitB-G rules the CockPitB-G rules the CockPitB-G rules the CockPitB-G rules the CockPitB-G rules the CockPitB-G rules the CockPitB-G rules the CockPitB-G rules the CockPitB-G rules the CockPitB-G rules the CockPit

So basically you just don't agree with Watkins right?

I don't agree with Matthews, and Holt shouldn't be in it because 2 of his years weren't the BCS era.
Old 04-30-2014, 05:08 PM   #4
2000grad
Unofficial WDW Expert

Male

2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material

broyles and Austin
should be on that list

Old 04-30-2014, 05:45 PM   #5
trapper82
1st Team All-SEC

Male

trapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot material

Yeah that list is fairly ridiculous. Hopkins was better than Watkins by every measurable standard, and there is no way Hopkins would make my top 10.
Old 04-30-2014, 05:47 PM   #6
Latt7more
Ball so hard...

Male

CockyCash: 200
Latt7more rules the CockPitLatt7more rules the CockPitLatt7more rules the CockPitLatt7more rules the CockPitLatt7more rules the CockPitLatt7more rules the CockPitLatt7more rules the CockPitLatt7more rules the CockPitLatt7more rules the CockPitLatt7more rules the CockPitLatt7more rules the CockPit

Alshon Jeffery isn't on the list. It's not a true list.
Old 04-30-2014, 07:33 PM   #7
SirBigSpur
Two Deep

Male

CockyCash: 1800
SirBigSpur is crowing loudlySirBigSpur is crowing loudlySirBigSpur is crowing loudlySirBigSpur is crowing loudlySirBigSpur is crowing loudlySirBigSpur is crowing loudlySirBigSpur is crowing loudlySirBigSpur is crowing loudlySirBigSpur is crowing loudlySirBigSpur is crowing loudlySirBigSpur is crowing loudly

Broyles at Oklahoma was one of the best Wide Outs of this era. Not on the list. Smh
SirBigSpur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2014, 08:09 PM   #8
usc1
Class of 2013

Male

usc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot material

Broyles really? He wasn't THAT good.
Old 05-01-2014, 05:46 AM   #9
crowcutta
2nd Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 1000
crowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot material

much like the run n shoot these up tempo offenses are inflating stats and its causing a lot of people to say this wr had more yards and td's so he's a better player. that said i cant even see the list cause i despise slideshows.
crowcutta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2014, 11:32 AM   #10
Gamecocks1137
Apparent Sunshine Pumper

Male

CockyCash: 300
Gamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot material

If your going to do a top 10 list of receivers in the BCS era and not include Alshon Jeffery, who even as we speak is getting ready to rack up another impressive NFL season, then this list is a fraud.

"Are you a millionaire right now?" 'Nah, not yet. I'm still broke." - Jadeveon Clowney

Cockytalk's own conspiracy theorist.

Gamecocks1137 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2014, 12:24 PM   #11
Lalli25
2nd Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 380
Lalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot material

I don't agree with Harvin, Matthews and Watkins. I think the others were all legit selections. Harvin and Watkins systems inflated their stats. Like half of their catches were bubble screens, which might as well be considered a running play. I don't know how you ignore some of the So Cal WR or even guys like Plaxico Burress. Seems like this list is too influenced by recent WR and ignored some great mid 2000's WRs.

I can at least agree with their top two. I don't think anyone can argue against those guys being the top two WR, in whatever order you want.
Old 05-01-2014, 12:33 PM   #12
2000grad
Unofficial WDW Expert

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by usc1 View Post
Broyles really? He wasn't THAT good.
You're kidding, right?

Old 05-01-2014, 12:41 PM   #13
B-G
Bowl MVP

Male

B-G rules the CockPitB-G rules the CockPitB-G rules the CockPitB-G rules the CockPitB-G rules the CockPitB-G rules the CockPitB-G rules the CockPitB-G rules the CockPitB-G rules the CockPitB-G rules the CockPitB-G rules the CockPit

I don't think Alshon is one of the 10 best BCS era WRs of all Time.

And his NFL success should have no bearing on this list.

Also Dez Bryant should have gotten an honorable mention, his suspension killed what would have been a great junior year.(Unless I missed that)
Old 05-01-2014, 12:52 PM   #14
B-G
Bowl MVP

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lalli25 View Post
I don't agree with Harvin, Matthews and Watkins. I think the others were all legit selections. Harvin and Watkins systems inflated their stats. Like half of their catches were bubble screens, which might as well be considered a running play. I don't know how you ignore some of the So Cal WR or even guys like Plaxico Burress. Seems like this list is too influenced by recent WR and ignored some great mid 2000's WRs.

I can at least agree with their top two. I don't think anyone can argue against those guys being the top two WR, in whatever order you want.
Agreed, Dwayne Jarrett (unanimous 2 time All American) should be in the top 10.
I'd even give an honorable mention to Mike Hass, All American and Biletnikoff award winner.
Old 05-01-2014, 01:35 PM   #15
usc1
Class of 2013

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by B-G View Post
Agreed, Dwayne Jarrett (unanimous 2 time All American) should be in the top 10.
I'd even give an honorable mention to Mike Hass, All American and Biletnikoff award winner.

If you're going to include Jarrett you might as well include Rice. So no.
Old 05-01-2014, 02:06 PM   #16
Gamecocks1137
Apparent Sunshine Pumper

Male

Gamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot material

Quote:
I don't think Alshon is one of the 10 best BCS era WRs of all Time.

And his NFL success should have no bearing on this list.

Also Dez Bryant should have gotten an honorable mention, his suspension killed what would have been a great junior year.(Unless I missed that)
He is second all time in receiving yards for a season in the SEC, and made some insane catches over the years here, he definitely deserves to be on this list. Hell, according to the person who wrote the list, he didn't even "just miss the cut."

"Are you a millionaire right now?" 'Nah, not yet. I'm still broke." - Jadeveon Clowney

Old 05-01-2014, 02:12 PM   #17
trapper82
1st Team All-SEC

Male

trapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot material

I also don't think Jeffery would be a top 10 receiver in the BCS era. Love the Gamecocks as much as anyone, but he's not that high.
Old 05-01-2014, 02:19 PM   #18
B-G
Bowl MVP

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by usc1 View Post
If you're going to include Jarrett you might as well include Rice. So no.
Why is that?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gamecocks1137 View Post
He is second all time in receiving yards for a season in the SEC, and made some insane catches over the years here, he definitely deserves to be on this list. Hell, according to the person who wrote the list, he didn't even "just miss the cut."
So one season and "insane catches" means he's one of the top 10 all time? (Well BCS era)

If that's the case then why don't you say Josh Reed? He's number 1,won the Biletnikoff award and also had "insane catches"
Old 05-01-2014, 02:59 PM   #19
InletCock1989
5th Year Senior

Male

CockyCash: 200
InletCock1989 has developed his gaff and talonsInletCock1989 has developed his gaff and talonsInletCock1989 has developed his gaff and talonsInletCock1989 has developed his gaff and talonsInletCock1989 has developed his gaff and talonsInletCock1989 has developed his gaff and talonsInletCock1989 has developed his gaff and talonsInletCock1989 has developed his gaff and talonsInletCock1989 has developed his gaff and talonsInletCock1989 has developed his gaff and talonsInletCock1989 has developed his gaff and talons

Sammy Watkins? LOL
InletCock1989 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2014, 04:29 PM   #20
Gamecocks1137
Apparent Sunshine Pumper

Male

Quote:
Why is that?

So one season and "insane catches" means he's one of the top 10 all time? (Well BCS era)

If that's the case then why don't you say Josh Reed? He's number 1,won the Biletnikoff award and also had "insane catches"
So you would rather have Sammy Watkins instead of Alshon Jeffery on this list? lol

Alshon Jeffery was a game changer and could not be covered by any corner, whether it was Alabama's best, or Georgia's best. He deserves to be in the top 10, and if you wan't my honest opinion, that last year he should have won the WR award. He was not in an Air Raid offense that threw the ball 45 times a game. He was a shut down WR that no corner could cover, and still cannot cover in the NFL.