CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Proving Ground

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
ucan'tlickourcocks
NAGamecockFan
kingofnerf
BigRedCock
El Cid Ranger
taylorssc
cockybreeyan
ReadR00ster
Goofyboy
rrsandersjr
Freshman ND WR " (760)
Call of Duty: Advanc (502)
Good Riddance to bad (425)
Keeping tailgate foo (303)
NCAAF: SOUTH CAROLIN (268)
An A to Z of Noah We (188)
The Comeback & T (177)
Bashing Players, coa (139)
NCAAF: MISSISSIPPI S (86)
NCAAF: SOUTHERN CAL (74)
Instrumental Music (Pre g
Bashing Players, coaches,
Discussion: 2015 Recruiti
Texas athletic director:
Why I think we beat Aubur
Wallpaper & Backgroun
Ranking Top HC jobs in SE
SEC Debate: Best candidat
2015 Commitment - Sherrod
Rank the QBs under Spurri

Old 05-07-2014, 12:10 AM   #1
CoverTwo
CockyTalk's Recruitnik

Male

2009 Awards: Awards for best Posters - Given for: Best Football Poster of 2009 
CockyCash: 101200
CoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot material
Default 2015 - Jalen Julius

Quote:
The day before USC visited ATH Jalen Julius (5-11 173) of West Orange, FL, he committed to Florida. The commitment caught the Gamecocks by surprise.
“They told me I broke their hearts when I committed to Florida,” Julius said. “They said they’re still going to recruit me. I think I’ll go to a camp there this summer.”
Julius called is commitment to the Gators a strong one but has plans to take a few more visits. Other than his trip to USC this summer, he would like to visit Miami and Ohio State.
“South Carolina is a good program,” he said. “I’ve always liked them.”
His other offers include Auburn, Florida Atlantic, Florida International, South Florida, Georgia Tech, Ole Miss, Tennessee, Michigan, Ohio State, Wake Forest and Penn State.
As a junior Julius rushed for over 700 yards on a little over 80 carries. He had another 120 yards receiving and totaled eight touchdowns.
Link: http://sportstalksc.com/index.php/20...c-this-summer/

Rivals Bio

Scout Bio

ESPN Bio

247 Bio

As you walk down the fairway of life you must smell the roses, for you only get to play one round. - Ben Hogan
CoverTwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2014, 12:22 AM   #2
CoverTwo
CockyTalk's Recruitnik

Male

CoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot material
Default Re: 2015 - Jalen Julius - Florida

Quote:
Though still committed to Florida, ATH Jalen Julius of West Orange, FL is planning an official visit to USC. Julius committed to the Gators in early-May and visited USC shortly after his announcement. “It went really well,” Julius said. “I spent some time with coach (Everett) Sands and coach (Steve) Spurrier. I like both of them a lot.
“I’ve always liked South Carolina and I still like them after the visit.”
Julius said that he remains committed to Florida but will take future visits, including USC. “I talked to coach Sands and he told me he wants to get me back up there,” he said. “I’m definitely going to take an official (visit) there.”
As for his commitment, Julius said, “I’m still committed (to Florida) but I’m more open now.”
Other schools he would like to visit are Oregon State, Ole Miss and Louisville. Florida remains his favorite.
Link: http://sportstalksc.com/index.php/20...a-look-at-usc/

As you walk down the fairway of life you must smell the roses, for you only get to play one round. - Ben Hogan
Old 07-30-2014, 09:43 PM   #3
CoverTwo
CockyTalk's Recruitnik

Male

Default Re: 2015 - Jalen Julius - Florida

Decommitted from Florida.

Old 07-30-2014, 10:12 PM   #4
garnet_black215
Section 509, Row 13

Male

CockyCash: 1350
garnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot material
Default Re: 2015 - Jalen Julius

Holy crap. What's happening with UF recruiting is almost comical.
garnet_black215 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2014, 10:24 PM   #5
Storm Of Spurs
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 500
Storm Of Spurs rules the CockPitStorm Of Spurs rules the CockPitStorm Of Spurs rules the CockPitStorm Of Spurs rules the CockPitStorm Of Spurs rules the CockPitStorm Of Spurs rules the CockPitStorm Of Spurs rules the CockPitStorm Of Spurs rules the CockPitStorm Of Spurs rules the CockPitStorm Of Spurs rules the CockPitStorm Of Spurs rules the CockPit

Quote:
Originally Posted by garnet_black215 View Post
Holy crap. What's happening with UF recruiting is almost comical.
Couldn't happen to a more deserving group of jort lovers.
Old 08-18-2014, 08:46 PM   #6
CoverTwo
CockyTalk's Recruitnik

Male

Quote:
WR Jalen Julius of Orlando recently decommitted from Florida after committing there in May and is now open regarding his future plans. USC was one of his offers before his first commitment and he said he talked with Gamecock recruiter Everette Sands about a week ago.
“They are still interested since I decommitted,” Julius said. “Coach Sand said he will continue to recruit me. I may schedule an official visit with them.”
Julius has set an official visit to Louisville for the Thursday night game against Florida State October 30th. He said Louisville, Miami and Ole Miss are showing him the most interest at this point.
Julius, who also plays cornerback, scored 8 touchdowns in 7 games last season.
Link: http://sportstalksc.com/index.php/20...eard-from-usc/

Old 08-18-2014, 09:37 PM   #7
garnet_black215
Section 509, Row 13

Male

garnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot material

Numbers permitting, I hope we make a run at this guy. Versatile guy that could fit in well on offense or defense.
Old 08-18-2014, 10:29 PM   #8
b381l
Heisman Winner

Male

CockyCash: 52205
b381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot material

Three star player....we have others on our board that are better....I'll pass.
b381l is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2014, 10:37 PM   #9
garnet_black215
Section 509, Row 13

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by b381l View Post
Three star player....we have others on our board that are better....I'll pass.
I thought stars didn't matter...?
Old 08-19-2014, 02:49 PM   #10
Roosterboy
Household Name

Male

CockyCash: 500
Roosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by garnet_black215 View Post
I thought stars didn't matter...?
They don't.
http://www.hudl.com/athlete/2991892/highlights/99571378

I will say after watching him film...AJ Turner seems like a little better RB...and Jalen Christian and Jerad Washington seem like a more polished WR.

To me, he would fit more on D, but our numbers are already pretty tight, and the prior poster is right, I think DB Desmond Cain is a little better.

Not dogging the kid, but it might be a case where we just don't have room and have more quaity guys ahead of him...the only guy right now I would even consider trading for him is Jaire Alexander, but I think Alexander has focsed on playing DB more.
1975, 1977, 1981, 1982, 1985, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2010, 2011, 2012
Two-time National Champs

Roosterboy is offline   Reply With Quote