CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Proving Ground

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
smoovecock
Sandstorm29
b381l
803scdantes
CoverTwo
gamecockphan
Travelin
robgusc76
The Yancey
A. Pilgrim
The Vent and Coachin (2776)
Disturbing comments (1989)
Gerald Turner (1925)
does anybody think w (1694)
Bluff Road (1235)
UF lets Durkin go (959)
2015 schedule is bru (807)
Bowl B-L-I-N-G (730)
2015 Early Enrollees (622)
Bobo to Colorado St? (448)
The Vent and Coaching cha
2015 - Mark Fields
2015 Commitment - Marquav
Bianca Cuevas Interview
2015 schedule is brutal
The U ends apparel deal w
Previewing Clemson
Gerald Turner
Discussion: 2015 Recruiti
JC Shurburtt was just on

Old 06-23-2013, 01:31 PM   #1
CoverTwo
CockyTalk's Recruitnik

Male

2009 Awards: Awards for best Posters - Given for: Best Football Poster of 2009 
CockyCash: 101200
CoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot material
Default 2015 - Rion Davis

Defensive Back from Columbia, South Carolina

A guy to keep an eye on, per TBS.

Rivals Bio

ESPN Bio

247 Bio

As you walk down the fairway of life you must smell the roses, for you only get to play one round. - Ben Hogan
CoverTwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2013, 11:19 PM   #2
CoverTwo
CockyTalk's Recruitnik

Male

CoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot material
Default Re: 2015 - Rion Davis

Quote:
Junior DB Rion Davis (6-0 180) of A.C. Flora has not received his first offer but is hearing from USC, Clemson, Georgia, Florida State, and Virginia Tech among others. He does not have any favorites but is showing interest in Clemson and USC. Davis attended Clemson’s season-opener versus Georgia. “I like the atmosphere and how the fans get into it,” he said. “They told me they’re close to offering. They told me they like how I am light on my feet.” It is not the football program that caught his attention, however. “I like that Dabo Swinney told us that football is not the most important thing there,” Davis said. “He told us that if something happened to us-like blowing out a knee-we would still get a great education.” Davis attended a camp at USC this summer and also likes the Gamecocks. “I like the way they play,” he said. “I really like how the coaches push you to get better. They told me they’re really interested and they’re possibly going to offer.” Davis added that he likes that USC is close to home. Other camps Davis attended included Tennessee and Georgia with the two programs impressing him. He may attend a game at USC this fall.
Link: http://sportstalksc.com/index.php/20...ida-tight-end/

As you walk down the fairway of life you must smell the roses, for you only get to play one round. - Ben Hogan
Old 12-17-2013, 12:46 AM   #3
CoverTwo
CockyTalk's Recruitnik

Male

Quote:
NC State recently became the first school to offer junior DB Rion Davis of AC Flora. Davis was in attendance for the NC State-East Carolina game earlier this season and is interested in the Wolfpack. “They showed me around their new facilities,” he said. “I got to see where the players work out and where they receive treatment, stuff like that. I liked the atmosphere of the program. It’s one of the schools I’m interested in.” Davis also visited Clemson, USC, Georgia and Tennessee this season and has plans to visit Florida State. “I like Clemson, USC, Florida State and North Carolina,” Davis said. “South Carolina is close to home. I like Clemson because my dad is a big fan. I like what Dabo (Swinney) is doing because he doesn’t just teach football, he teaches them to be men.” Davis added that Florida State’s return to prominence and style of play is important to him. Each of these schools have shown interest in the Flora defensive back. He is also hearing from Vanderbilt, Miami, Notre Dame, Northwestern, Penn State and Cincinnati. He does not have any favorites.
Link: http://sportstalksc.com/index.php/20...nning-for-are/

Old 01-31-2014, 12:56 AM   #4
CoverTwo
CockyTalk's Recruitnik

Male

Quote:
Junior DB Rion Davis of AC Flora has scheduled two junior day visits for next month. NC State is his sole offer. He will be in Raleigh February 2nd for their junior day. The Wolfpack is the only school that has been able to visit Davis since the end of the dead period. “They just came by to see how I was doing,” Davis said. “Clemson and USC came by on the same day but I was busy doing something for a teacher so I didn’t get to talk to them.” His other junior day will be to Georgia Tech February 22nd. His only other visit to Tech was for a basketball camp. “Paul Johnson visited me when I was a sophomore,” he said. “I liked him. He told me he had watched my film and wanted to get me down for a game. I never got a chance to go though.” Davis is showing interest in the Yellow Jackets but named Clemson, USC, NC State, Georgia, Florida State and Tennessee as his top schools. He plans attend camps at FSU and North Carolina this summer as well as a Rivals camp. Davis did not name a leader.

Link
: http://sportstalksc.com/index.php/20...ch-to-wideman/

Old 04-04-2014, 12:14 AM   #5
CoverTwo
CockyTalk's Recruitnik

Male

Kornblut updates since NSD:

Quote:
DB Rion Davis of AC Flora made his first junior day visit February 2nd. Davis was at NC State and continues to show interest in the Wolfpack. “It went really well,” he said. “We had lunch and then toured the campus. I got to see the facilities and then they talked to us about what it takes to be a Division One athlete. I liked it and they’re still talking to me.” NC State is a sole offer with interest coming from Clemson, Georgia Tech, Florida State, Auburn, Charlotte, East Carolina, Texas Tech, Texas A&M, The Citadel and Cincinnati. On February 22nd, Davis will attend a junior day at Georgia Tech. He received a visit from Yellow Jacket head coach Paul Johnson as a sophomore and is interested in seeing what the Atlanta school has to offer. On Monday, Davis received an invitation to try out for the USA football squad and is planning to do so. He does not have any favorites.
Link: http://sportstalksc.com/index.php/20...-the-wolfpack/

Quote:
Since visiting NC State for a junior day in February, DB Rion Davis of AC Flora has not taken any trips. A lot of his time has been spent playing basketball for a team that did win the state title. The Wolfpack continue to be his sole offer but Davis is not ready to call them his favorite.
“I know they’re the only school to offer me but I still want to look around,” Davis said.
Several schools have shown him interest but he says the most recent interest has come from the Northeast.
“I’m hearing from several Ivy League schools right now,” he said. “There are a few that keep sending me letters. Princeton, Brown and I can’t remember the name of the other one-maybe Dartmouth-have sent me stuff. I think I want to visit one of them this summer.”
He did not name which school he could visit. Davis also has plans to attend some spring practices over the next several weeks and could attend a spring game, though nothing is scheduled.
His plans for the summer are to camp at Florida State, Duke and Virginia Tech. He will also attend a Rivals camp in Charlotte in the next two weeks.
Link: http://sportstalksc.com/index.php/20...at-this-point/

Last edited by CoverTwo; 04-04-2014 at 01:08 AM.
Old 05-06-2014, 11:59 PM   #6
CoverTwo
CockyTalk's Recruitnik

Male

Quote:
Liberty is the second school to offer DB Rion Davis of AC Flora with several other teams closing in. Davis’s other offer is from NC State and he said that several teams have begun to show increased interest.
Wake Forest is expected to visit Davis at his school this week and several other SEC and ACC schools could follow suit.
“North Carolina came by to see me last week,” Davis said. “They told me they really liked my film and may be creating another spot for me. They had already gotten someone committed for my position but think that they could use me in a hybrid-type position because I can play linebacker too.”
Davis expects Liberty to stop by during his spring practice in the next two weeks. He is also receiving mail from Alabama, Auburn and Dartmouth.
The two Alabama schools have encouraged Davis to visit. “They want me to come see their campuses and stuff like that,” he said. “I think I’ll go to a game at each school this fall.”
With two offers, Davis does not have any favorites. He said he plans to wait-and-see what other offers he could receive before narrowing that list.
He will visit Duke this summer for a tour and camp at Florida State.
Link: http://sportstalksc.com/index.php/20...wing-interest/