CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Community > The Water Cooler

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
spareparts
TheUniversityofSC
COCKYTALKIN
Lonnie
Spurticus
markymark550
Gamecocks1137
garnet_black215
MWard
WeStill0wnUSC
Another A&M aggi (2438)
Green and Lammons (2112)
COMCAST TO CARRY SEC (997)
Comporium (736)
Dawg DL man arrested (575)
ESPN Car wash Spurri (554)
Stephen Garcia AMA o (437)
Nashville (415)
Georgia DE Jonathan (353)
Gamecocks taken in t (195)
Green and Lammons
Jake Coker
Gamecocks taken in the 20
Stephen Garcia AMA on Red
The Believer
2015 - Mon Denson
Texags
2015 - Johnny Frasier
Another A&M aggie off
Shamiek Sheppard Possible

Old 05-02-2014, 10:59 AM   #1
weatheredxtown
Master of Minutia

Male

CockyCash: 200
weatheredxtown has developed his gaff and talonsweatheredxtown has developed his gaff and talonsweatheredxtown has developed his gaff and talonsweatheredxtown has developed his gaff and talonsweatheredxtown has developed his gaff and talonsweatheredxtown has developed his gaff and talonsweatheredxtown has developed his gaff and talonsweatheredxtown has developed his gaff and talonsweatheredxtown has developed his gaff and talonsweatheredxtown has developed his gaff and talonsweatheredxtown has developed his gaff and talons
Default Razors

So I have reached that age now where I need to shave more and more often, basically every two to three days now. I have my own razor and shaving cream that work pretty well for me, but I was just wondering: what is it that y'all use? What have you found that works best, feels the best, and is most efficient?
Old 05-02-2014, 11:03 AM   #2
Cockypantherfan
1st Team All-SEC

Male

Cockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot material
Default Re: Razors

Try 800razors.com

I buy the 3 or 5 blade razors and use Gillette shaving cream. I shave everyday and it is a good combo for me.

And before someone mentions it, 800razors are FAR better than dollar shave club. I have used both and the dollar shave club razor blades feel cheap and give me a rougher, much less comfortable shave.
Cockypantherfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2014, 11:13 AM   #3
The Yancey
Grumpy Old Fart

Male

2009 Awards: Awards for best Posters - Given for: Best Signature 
CockyCash: 4751350
The Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot material

When I hit my mid 30s I began having a 5 O'clock shadow that I had to deal with if I were going out. I ended up switching to an electric. Saved me a lot of time and aggravation. I could shave on the way to work in the morning too.

#ModForMod
The Yancey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2014, 11:35 AM   #4
markp_vip
Bowl MVP

Male

CockyCash: 6001866
markp_vip is USC mascot materialmarkp_vip is USC mascot materialmarkp_vip is USC mascot materialmarkp_vip is USC mascot materialmarkp_vip is USC mascot materialmarkp_vip is USC mascot materialmarkp_vip is USC mascot materialmarkp_vip is USC mascot materialmarkp_vip is USC mascot materialmarkp_vip is USC mascot materialmarkp_vip is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Yancey View Post
When I hit my mid 30s I began having a 5 O'clock shadow that I had to deal with if I were going out. I ended up switching to an electric. Saved me a lot of time and aggravation. I could shave on the way to work in the morning too.
I made the switch to the electric too. Saves a lot of money not having to constantly buy blades and shaving cream. Don't get quite as close of a shave as with a blade, but not to big of a difference. I use a Braun.
Recently the difference between Clemson and Carolina has become clear. While Irrational People Talk About Yesterday, The Rational Ones Orchestrate Success Today. So as they desperately cling to their history, we continue to make history day by day.
markp_vip is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2014, 12:42 PM   #5
3MTA3
Game MVP

Male

CockyCash: 500
3MTA3 is USC mascot material3MTA3 is USC mascot material3MTA3 is USC mascot material3MTA3 is USC mascot material3MTA3 is USC mascot material3MTA3 is USC mascot material3MTA3 is USC mascot material3MTA3 is USC mascot material3MTA3 is USC mascot material3MTA3 is USC mascot material3MTA3 is USC mascot material

Standard Bic razor
No shaving cream or gel- just wash the face thoroughly, and while in the shower, shave once with the grain to get it close, and then once against the grain to take it up a notch.
Apply after shave immediately upon exiting shower.

Never had any cuts, razor burn, or ingrown hairs with this approach, whereas traditional shaving with cream or gel after a shower would cause these issues constantly.
3MTA3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2014, 12:49 PM   #6
TaterHater1984
The Original Tater Hater

Male

CockyCash: 100000
TaterHater1984 is USC mascot materialTaterHater1984 is USC mascot materialTaterHater1984 is USC mascot materialTaterHater1984 is USC mascot materialTaterHater1984 is USC mascot materialTaterHater1984 is USC mascot materialTaterHater1984 is USC mascot materialTaterHater1984 is USC mascot materialTaterHater1984 is USC mascot materialTaterHater1984 is USC mascot materialTaterHater1984 is USC mascot material
Send a message via AIM to TaterHater1984

I use the Gillette Proglide. Always gives a close shave. Blades are expensive as hell, but mine usually don't wear down quickly. I usually go through 3 or 4 a year.
TaterHater1984 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2014, 01:14 PM   #7
COCKDIESEL
Voice of Reason

Male

CWS Baseball Pickem Winner: CWS Baseball Pickem Winner - Given for: Winning the first CWS Pickem Contest 
CockyCash: 53400000
COCKDIESEL is USC mascot materialCOCKDIESEL is USC mascot materialCOCKDIESEL is USC mascot materialCOCKDIESEL is USC mascot materialCOCKDIESEL is USC mascot materialCOCKDIESEL is USC mascot materialCOCKDIESEL is USC mascot materialCOCKDIESEL is USC mascot materialCOCKDIESEL is USC mascot materialCOCKDIESEL is USC mascot materialCOCKDIESEL is USC mascot material

I use dollar shave club, I disagree with the guy above about them feeling cheap. Before that I used a schick quatro, can't tell much difference. I use aveeno sensitive skin shave lotion.

COCKDIESEL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2014, 01:18 PM   #8
JerseyBird
Fuggedaboudit

Male

CockyCash: 2332
JerseyBird is USC mascot materialJerseyBird is USC mascot materialJerseyBird is USC mascot materialJerseyBird is USC mascot materialJerseyBird is USC mascot materialJerseyBird is USC mascot materialJerseyBird is USC mascot materialJerseyBird is USC mascot materialJerseyBird is USC mascot materialJerseyBird is USC mascot materialJerseyBird is USC mascot material

MACHETE!!!!!
Take one star crunch. Then take lots of peanut butter and layer it THICK on the flat side. After that slam another star crunch on top of the peanut butter. Finally, slap yo momma. For those of you trying to "watch what you eat" don't add the second star crunch. This is the diet version-etowngangsta
JerseyBird is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2014, 01:32 PM   #9
Cockypantherfan
1st Team All-SEC

Male

Cockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by TaterHater1984 View Post
I use the Gillette Proglide. Always gives a close shave. Blades are expensive as hell, but mine usually don't wear down quickly. I usually go through 3 or 4 a year.
You use that few razor blades in a year's time?
Cockypantherfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2014, 01:35 PM   #10
rdwylie
My safe word is whiskey.

Male

CockyCash: 400
rdwylie is USC mascot materialrdwylie is USC mascot materialrdwylie is USC mascot materialrdwylie is USC mascot materialrdwylie is USC mascot materialrdwylie is USC mascot materialrdwylie is USC mascot materialrdwylie is USC mascot materialrdwylie is USC mascot materialrdwylie is USC mascot materialrdwylie is USC mascot material

As far as razors go, I have no preference. Mostly because no matter what I buy my wife swipes it and dulls it on her iron leg stubble. I do, however, recommend using the shave soap cakes that you use the little brush to foam up. You can get them at Walmart or a drug store. The things last forever and seem to give me a better shave. Buy a fog-free mirror. They use a suction cup to hang on the wall of the showers stall. Shave just before you get out of the shower. The moisture will make the hairs more pliable and easier to cut through. Dem's my two cents.
Old 05-02-2014, 01:35 PM   #11
bigdog2003
Future Coaching Legend

Male

CockyCash: 999762
bigdog2003 is USC mascot materialbigdog2003 is USC mascot materialbigdog2003 is USC mascot materialbigdog2003 is USC mascot materialbigdog2003 is USC mascot materialbigdog2003 is USC mascot materialbigdog2003 is USC mascot materialbigdog2003 is USC mascot materialbigdog2003 is USC mascot materialbigdog2003 is USC mascot materialbigdog2003 is USC mascot material

I don't shave, haven't in nearly a year now.

bigdog2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2014, 01:37 PM   #12
rdwylie
My safe word is whiskey.

Male

CockyCash: 400
rdwylie is USC mascot materialrdwylie is USC mascot materialrdwylie is USC mascot materialrdwylie is USC mascot materialrdwylie is USC mascot materialrdwylie is USC mascot materialrdwylie is USC mascot materialrdwylie is USC mascot materialrdwylie is USC mascot materialrdwylie is USC mascot materialrdwylie is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerseyBird View Post
MACHETE!!!!!
You got me laughing on that one. For some reason I just did not see it coming.
Old 05-02-2014, 02:01 PM   #13
TaterHater1984
The Original Tater Hater

Male

CockyCash: 100000
TaterHater1984 is USC mascot materialTaterHater1984 is USC mascot materialTaterHater1984 is USC mascot materialTaterHater1984 is USC mascot materialTaterHater1984 is USC mascot materialTaterHater1984 is USC mascot materialTaterHater1984 is USC mascot materialTaterHater1984 is USC mascot materialTaterHater1984 is USC mascot materialTaterHater1984 is USC mascot materialTaterHater1984 is USC mascot material
Send a message via AIM to TaterHater1984

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cockypantherfan View Post
You use that few razor blades in a year's time?
Yeah. I've had a beard for a few years and I usually only shave just my neck once or twice a week. So yeah, that is a little misleading now that I think about it. haha.
TaterHater1984 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2014, 02:21 PM   #14
SCohioBoy
Game MVP

Male

SCohioBoy rules the CockPitSCohioBoy rules the CockPitSCohioBoy rules the CockPitSCohioBoy rules the CockPitSCohioBoy rules the CockPitSCohioBoy rules the CockPitSCohioBoy rules the CockPitSCohioBoy rules the CockPitSCohioBoy rules the CockPitSCohioBoy rules the CockPitSCohioBoy rules the CockPit

Dollar Shave club 4 blade is pretty good. I also use the Body Shops Maca Root Shave cream. Old school shave soap feel to it, never have had a smoother burn free shave before I made the switch.
Old 05-02-2014, 02:28 PM   #15
Gamecocks1137
Bowl MVP

Male

Gamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot material

I use a Bowie Knife and bleach.

"Are you a millionaire right now?" 'Nah, not yet. I'm still broke." - Jadeveon Clowney

Cockytalk's own conspiracy theorist.
Gamecocks1137 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2014, 03:27 PM   #16
catdaddy66
Former Walk On in-law

Male

CockyCash: 250018
catdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigdog2003 View Post
I don't shave, haven't in nearly a year now.
Is it as glorious as I've heard??

I use as cheap of a triple bladed disposable as I can. 2 or 4 blades just aren't as good as the tre,!IMO.

Last edited by catdaddy66; 05-02-2014 at 04:11 PM.
catdaddy66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2014, 04:03 PM   #17
JerseyBird
Fuggedaboudit

Male

CockyCash: 2332
JerseyBird is USC mascot materialJerseyBird is USC mascot materialJerseyBird is USC mascot materialJerseyBird is USC mascot materialJerseyBird is USC mascot materialJerseyBird is USC mascot materialJerseyBird is USC mascot materialJerseyBird is USC mascot materialJerseyBird is USC mascot materialJerseyBird is USC mascot materialJerseyBird is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gamecocks1137 View Post
I use a Bowie Knife and bleach.
I like that idea better than mine
Take one star crunch. Then take lots of peanut butter and layer it THICK on the flat side. After that slam another star crunch on top of the peanut butter. Finally, slap yo momma. For those of you trying to "watch what you eat" don't add the second star crunch. This is the diet version-etowngangsta
JerseyBird is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2014, 04:14 PM   #18
Nureye
Smash and Grab

Male

CockyCash: 415
Nureye is USC mascot materialNureye is USC mascot materialNureye is USC mascot materialNureye is USC mascot materialNureye is USC mascot materialNureye is USC mascot materialNureye is USC mascot materialNureye is USC mascot materialNureye is USC mascot materialNureye is USC mascot materialNureye is USC mascot material

I use this:

with this:

and this:

The shave cream costs $25, and lasts 18 months. The brush looks classy, and the razors are probably too expensive.

But I was in England recently and my shaves were amazing. I am convinced that water quality has more to do with a good shave than nearly anything else except a nice sharp razor.
Old 05-02-2014, 04:18 PM   #19
Karl Childers
Recruit

Male

Karl Childers is USC mascot materialKarl Childers is USC mascot materialKarl Childers is USC mascot materialKarl Childers is USC mascot materialKarl Childers is USC mascot materialKarl Childers is USC mascot materialKarl Childers is USC mascot materialKarl Childers is USC mascot materialKarl Childers is USC mascot materialKarl Childers is USC mascot materialKarl Childers is USC mascot material

I practice no-shave November the other 11 months.
Karl Childers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2014, 05:04 PM   #20
ccured
What a Rush!!!

Male

CockyCash: 5955916
ccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot material

I was a proglide person for a long time but couldn't justify the expense of the blades since I really only have to shave once or twice a week to be acceptable for work. I now use the gillette customplus disposable razors that come 10 in a pack for $9 or $10. I use the same razor 3 or 4 times. I use barbasol I have found it to be the best shaving cream

Last edited by ccured; 05-02-2014 at 05:43 PM.
ccured is offline   Reply With Quote