CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Other Sports > The Locker Room

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
CockyLifer
The Yancey
IBleedGarnetandBlack
Spurticus
ZenUSC
ReadR00ster
cack
peterlemon
Cockypantherfan
StormOfTalons
Nick Chubb (6385)
A&M on 3rd down (1577)
All of our defensive (1173)
louisville (975)
Spurrier Presser (858)
Uniform thread (777)
Cack's Toast of the (735)
Spurrier: Davis Will (600)
Rankings (573)
Watching the Georgia (558)
East Carolina Prediction
Defensive Backfield
Not a talent issue
2014-15 Premier League se
3-4 "D" Keep it
Spurrier Presser
Uniform thread
2015 - Amonte Caban
Rankings
All of our defensive play

Old 05-10-2014, 08:34 PM   #41
Carolina4Life
1st Team All-Pro

Male

CockyCash: 500
Carolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot material
Default Re: should of stayed

Kelcy is a Giant for now. Hope he works hard and finds a place on the team. Feel bad for Vic and Shaw.
Old 05-10-2014, 09:30 PM   #42
uscGRAD04
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 833
uscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot material

Someone needs to show our younger guys this list: http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap200...2014-nfl-draft

Alot of bigname college guys on there. Def.no need for a RB to come out early.
uscGRAD04 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2014, 11:21 PM   #43
FearThethumbandDJ
Starter

Male

CockyCash: 1000
FearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPitFearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPitFearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPitFearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPitFearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPitFearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPitFearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPitFearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPitFearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPitFearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPitFearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPit

Quote:
Originally Posted by uscGRAD04 View Post
Someone needs to show our younger guys this list: http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap200...2014-nfl-draft

Alot of bigname college guys on there. Def.no need for a RB to come out early.
Well there were no elite rbs in this class.

Mike Davis and Todd Gurley will go in the top 20 next year if their production is on par with this year.
FearThethumbandDJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2014, 11:25 PM   #44
jellafever
BETTER THAN the rest

Male

CockyCash: 1035714
jellafever is USC mascot materialjellafever is USC mascot materialjellafever is USC mascot materialjellafever is USC mascot materialjellafever is USC mascot materialjellafever is USC mascot materialjellafever is USC mascot materialjellafever is USC mascot materialjellafever is USC mascot materialjellafever is USC mascot materialjellafever is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by FearThethumbandDJ View Post

Mike Davis and Todd Gurley will go in the top 20 next year if their production is on par with this year.
I wouldn't bet on it. The RB is quickly becoming the least valued position in terms of drafting.
Old 05-10-2014, 11:47 PM   #45
Luke Skycocker
Git Dat Baw

Male

2011 Football Pickem: 2011 Football Pickem - Given for: 2011 Football Pickem Champ 
CockyCash: 107687138593
Luke Skycocker is USC mascot materialLuke Skycocker is USC mascot materialLuke Skycocker is USC mascot materialLuke Skycocker is USC mascot materialLuke Skycocker is USC mascot materialLuke Skycocker is USC mascot materialLuke Skycocker is USC mascot materialLuke Skycocker is USC mascot materialLuke Skycocker is USC mascot materialLuke Skycocker is USC mascot materialLuke Skycocker is USC mascot material

Quote:

No way. RBs just aren't valued highly anymore, even the really good ones
Old 05-10-2014, 11:50 PM   #46
Cock Kool-Aid
Banned

Male

Cock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot material
Default should of stayed

People saying they're glad Vic left? Have you seen our depth chart this season?

Last edited by Cock Kool-Aid; 05-11-2014 at 09:31 AM.
Cock Kool-Aid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2014, 11:51 PM   #47
FearThethumbandDJ
Starter

Male

CockyCash: 1000
FearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPitFearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPitFearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPitFearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPitFearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPitFearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPitFearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPitFearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPitFearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPitFearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPitFearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPit

Quote:
Originally Posted by jellafever View Post
I wouldn't bet on it. The RB is quickly becoming the least valued position in terms of drafting.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luke Skycocker View Post
Just look at the Trent Richardson pick, elite 3 down RB's who can catch and pass protect will still be highly valued.
FearThethumbandDJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2014, 11:53 PM   #48
Spurz
Class of 2009

Male

Spurz is crowing loudlySpurz is crowing loudlySpurz is crowing loudlySpurz is crowing loudlySpurz is crowing loudlySpurz is crowing loudlySpurz is crowing loudlySpurz is crowing loudlySpurz is crowing loudlySpurz is crowing loudlySpurz is crowing loudly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luke Skycocker View Post
While I agree, there wasn't a back in this draft that came close to Gurley or Davis in terms of sheer quality. I guess you could make an argument for Carlos Hyde, but I wouldn't be convinced. I think we could see Gurley and possibly Davis both go in the first next year, provided they stay healthy and stay on the tear they've been on. They won't go high, but they could definitely go on Day One.
Old 05-11-2014, 12:35 AM   #49
InletCock1989
5th Year Senior

Male

CockyCash: 200
InletCock1989 is developing his combInletCock1989 is developing his combInletCock1989 is developing his combInletCock1989 is developing his combInletCock1989 is developing his combInletCock1989 is developing his combInletCock1989 is developing his combInletCock1989 is developing his combInletCock1989 is developing his combInletCock1989 is developing his comb

I wonder how Vic feels right now?
InletCock1989 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2014, 02:00 AM   #50
Acockolypse Now
L-I-V-I-N

Male

CockyCash: 45000175
Acockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot material

Terrible. You should call him up and rub his face in it. That would be the classy thing to do.
Old 05-11-2014, 11:21 AM   #51
Gamecocks1137
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 300
Gamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acockolypse Now View Post
Terrible. You should call him up and rub his face in it. That would be the classy thing to do.
If I was Victor and someone did that to me, after a life long dream was snatch away, I would probably beat the crap out of them lol
Gamecocks1137 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2014, 11:31 AM   #52
MWard
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 94340
MWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot material

Of course it's ultimately these guys' decision to leave early or not, but there is a lot of bullshit thrown at them by the agents and runners who are trying to stockpile clients in the hopes to improve the amount or really total value of contracts they represent. Vic never even sent in his paperwork, I believe, to the NFL advisory panel, but he had runners probably telling him he'd be a 2nd-3rd Rd draft.

I have no idea wtf happened to Kelcy, besides the nightclub incident. When was the last time a 1st Team All SEC/multiple list All American DT didn't get drafted?!?!

Also, who were Kelcy and Vic's agents? They were awful.

-Abo Swinney, April 23, 2014

http://espn.go.com/blog/ncfnation/po...steve-spurrier
MWard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2014, 11:39 AM   #53
gamecockphan
Household Name

Male

CockyCash: 2200
gamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot material

Quote:
Just look at the Trent Richardson pick, elite 3 down RB's who can catch and pass protect will still be highly valued.
That's not a good pick to defend your position. Richardson sucks.
gamecockphan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2014, 11:42 AM   #54
Gamecocks1137
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 300
Gamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot material

The NFL is only looking for Felix Jones/Darren McFadden kinds of backs these days. SO in other words, I guess every starting RB Alabama has will get drafted, they all seem to.
Gamecocks1137 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2014, 11:51 AM   #55
gamecockphan
Household Name

Male

gamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gamecocks1137 View Post
If I was Victor and someone did that to me, after a life long dream was snatch away, I would probably beat the crap out of them lol
I wouldn't say it was snatched away. Vic made a business decision and it was the wrong one. Happens all the time.
Old 05-11-2014, 11:56 AM   #56
gamecockphan
Household Name

Male

As for KQ - I really did think that coming out was the right decision. Not sure why he didn't get drafted. The nightly thing cannot be much of an issue. Seantrel Henderson was drafted and so was Prince Shembo ( accused of rape and alleged victim later committed suicide). Plus the likely #1 pick next year is a thief and an accused rapist.
Old 05-11-2014, 05:48 PM   #57
bobbycock
Two Deep

Male

CockyCash: 15000
bobbycock is developing his combbobbycock is developing his combbobbycock is developing his combbobbycock is developing his combbobbycock is developing his combbobbycock is developing his combbobbycock is developing his combbobbycock is developing his comb

i wish there was a way for someone to come back if they weren't drafted...as long as the agent wasn't paid a dime unless the player was drafted.
bobbycock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2014, 06:04 PM   #58
markp_vip
Bowl MVP

Male

CockyCash: 6001866
markp_vip is USC mascot materialmarkp_vip is USC mascot materialmarkp_vip is USC mascot materialmarkp_vip is USC mascot materialmarkp_vip is USC mascot materialmarkp_vip is USC mascot materialmarkp_vip is USC mascot materialmarkp_vip is USC mascot materialmarkp_vip is USC mascot materialmarkp_vip is USC mascot materialmarkp_vip is USC mascot material

Quote:
Please most of these guys pick a major thats going to coincide with their schedule, it has minimal value in the real world.
I agree that a college degree doesn't mean as much as it used too, but it has more than a minimal real world value. You almost have to have a degree now to get a decent job unless you learn a trade or have some other in demand skill set.
Recently the difference between Clemson and Carolina has become clear. While Irrational People Talk About Yesterday, The Rational Ones Orchestrate Success Today. So as they desperately cling to their history, we continue to make history day by day.
markp_vip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2014, 06:43 PM   #59
GoldenSpur7
Praemonitus praemunitus

Male

CockyCash: 401
GoldenSpur7 is USC mascot materialGoldenSpur7 is USC mascot materialGoldenSpur7 is USC mascot materialGoldenSpur7 is USC mascot materialGoldenSpur7 is USC mascot materialGoldenSpur7 is USC mascot materialGoldenSpur7 is USC mascot materialGoldenSpur7 is USC mascot materialGoldenSpur7 is USC mascot materialGoldenSpur7 is USC mascot materialGoldenSpur7 is USC mascot material

Quote:
That was a really bad pick, and CLE was lucky to hoodwink the Colts out of that first-rounder, on the trade.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbycock View Post
i wish there was a way for someone to come back if they weren't drafted...as long as the agent wasn't paid a dime unless the player was drafted.
I'd be fine with that as well -> but then they would have to continue attending class, and (probably) attend winter workouts (with the team). They wouldn't be able to go in for the specialized training these guys get nowadays, in preparation for the Combine.

And o course, a condition for this arrangement would also forbid their retaining an agent. But then there are difficulties arranging individualized workouts/interviews, and general prep, which I believe is usually the agent's responsibility.
GoldenSpur7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2014, 08:07 PM   #60
b381l
Heisman Winner

Male

CockyCash: 52205
b381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spurz View Post
While I agree, there wasn't a back in this draft that came close to Gurley or Davis in terms of sheer quality. I guess you could make an argument for Carlos Hyde, but I wouldn't be convinced. I think we could see Gurley and possibly Davis both go in the first next year, provided they stay healthy and stay on the tear they've been on. They won't go high, but they could definitely go on Day One.
No RB was taken in the first round in the 2013 or 2014 drafts. The NFL is a passing league, RB just aren't as valuable. And don't bet on Gurley, he's got a history if injuries.
b381l is offline   Reply With Quote