CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Proving Ground

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
Gamecocks1137
NAGamecockFan
taylorssc
Gamecocks321
doubledribble
Lonnie
GarnetSwarm1990
gadeneer1986
ReadR00ster
johnnyb
So Disappointed With (2174)
Rank the QBs under S (1532)
Back like cooked cra (1118)
Tennessee game (700)
Who start on the d l (669)
No Comments on the H (533)
Google finally gets (471)
lack of production= (377)
NFL: CHARGERS @ BRON (198)
Gameday parking in A (134)
SEC Debate: Best candidat
Tennessee game
Back like cooked crack
Roll call for Auburn
Name a Gamecock
Rank the QBs under Spurri
Which loss hurt worse, Mi
So Disappointed With The
USC Picked 12th By SEC Me
Gamecock football Long Te

Closed Thread

Old 02-14-2014, 06:28 PM   #1
b381l
Heisman Winner

Male

CockyCash: 52205
b381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot material
Default 2015 - Zach Giella - Clemson

OT Augusta, GA (Augusta Christian Schools)

6'6" 285

Offered: Kentucky, South Carolina, Cal, Miss St
Also interest in: Stanford, Duke, Vandy and Virginia

Crystal Ball: 6 predictions 100% Gamecocks

OT Zach Giella has four early offers to his name. Kentucky offered the day before NSD. Last Friday California offered and then South Carolina and Mississippi State offered the 6-foot-6, 285-pounder yesterday. Giella believes Sanford, Duke and Virginia could be next. Even though Giella resides in the state of Georgia, he's less than an hour and a half away from the South Carolina campus and was thrilled to learn the news of the offer. Giella says he could commit to the school of his choice as soon as this spring but does want to be able to take official visits. He's planning to visit Kentucky this weekend for a junior day and will visit South Carolina on Feb. 25. "I think that South Carolina has the edge at the moment but Kentucky and Mississippi state are also right in there," Giella said. "It's all pretty close right now, so no big leads."
Old 03-18-2014, 02:08 AM   #2
Gamecockfanatic4
2nd Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 4567500
Gamecockfanatic4 is USC mascot materialGamecockfanatic4 is USC mascot materialGamecockfanatic4 is USC mascot materialGamecockfanatic4 is USC mascot materialGamecockfanatic4 is USC mascot materialGamecockfanatic4 is USC mascot materialGamecockfanatic4 is USC mascot materialGamecockfanatic4 is USC mascot materialGamecockfanatic4 is USC mascot materialGamecockfanatic4 is USC mascot materialGamecockfanatic4 is USC mascot material
Send a message via AIM to Gamecockfanatic4
Default Re: 2015 - Zach Giella

picked up an LSU offer and Auburn is said to be close to offering could be in for a battle

Old 03-18-2014, 12:58 PM   #3
donbgamecock
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 2200
donbgamecock is USC mascot materialdonbgamecock is USC mascot materialdonbgamecock is USC mascot materialdonbgamecock is USC mascot materialdonbgamecock is USC mascot materialdonbgamecock is USC mascot materialdonbgamecock is USC mascot materialdonbgamecock is USC mascot materialdonbgamecock is USC mascot materialdonbgamecock is USC mascot materialdonbgamecock is USC mascot material

Its strange that Clemtech hasn't offered.
Old 04-03-2014, 11:29 PM   #4
CoverTwo
CockyTalk's Recruitnik

Male

2009 Awards: Awards for best Posters - Given for: Best Football Poster of 2009 
CockyCash: 101200
CoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot material

Article via 247 for those who haven't seen it.

As you walk down the fairway of life you must smell the roses, for you only get to play one round. - Ben Hogan
Old 04-04-2014, 01:10 AM   #5
CoverTwo
CockyTalk's Recruitnik

Male

CoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot material

Quote:
OL Zach Giella of Augusta took in USC’s practice on Friday and while he remains very interested in the Gamecocks, he’s far from concluding his recruiting activities.
“I don’t have any favorites,” he said. “I want to visit LSU, and Alabama is just starting to talk to me. Everybody who has offered me is pretty much equal.”
Giella had visited USC before and today’s visit gave him a chance to watch how the Gamecocks operate up close. “I enjoyed the practice,” he said. “I liked seeing how the coaches coach and meeting with coach Spurrier. I talked a good bit with coach Elliott and he was excited about me coming there and he’s looking forward to me being a Gamecock.”
Giella is going to LSU for their spring game and will be back at USC for their spring game as well. As for USC, Giella likes several things. “I really enjoy the coaching staff,” he said. ‘They are a bunch of great guys. Their facilities are top of the lot. And there academics are great.”
Giella also has offers from Ole Miss, Kentucky, Mississippi State, Cal, LSU, Duke, Missouri, Virginia and Miami.
Link: http://sportstalksc.com/index.php/20...day-afternoon/

As you walk down the fairway of life you must smell the roses, for you only get to play one round. - Ben Hogan
Old 04-07-2014, 07:15 PM   #6
ConwayGamecock
The Classic Double-Take

Male

CockyCash: 71443
ConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot material

Sounds like LSU is making a move with him...
Old 04-07-2014, 09:53 PM   #7
jrussjr
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 20459
jrussjr is USC mascot materialjrussjr is USC mascot materialjrussjr is USC mascot materialjrussjr is USC mascot materialjrussjr is USC mascot materialjrussjr is USC mascot materialjrussjr is USC mascot materialjrussjr is USC mascot materialjrussjr is USC mascot materialjrussjr is USC mascot materialjrussjr is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by ConwayGamecock View Post
Sounds like LSU is making a move with him...
It's great to be going head to head with LSU and Bama for athletes all 3 schools really want, now the next step is to start winning a good percentage of those "battles"!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 04-07-2014, 10:11 PM   #8
roosterdude21
Bowl MVP

Male

CockyCash: 10000
roosterdude21 is USC mascot materialroosterdude21 is USC mascot materialroosterdude21 is USC mascot materialroosterdude21 is USC mascot materialroosterdude21 is USC mascot materialroosterdude21 is USC mascot materialroosterdude21 is USC mascot materialroosterdude21 is USC mascot materialroosterdude21 is USC mascot materialroosterdude21 is USC mascot materialroosterdude21 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrussjr View Post
It's great to be going head to head with LSU and Bama for athletes all 3 schools really want, now the next step is to start winning a good percentage of those "battles"!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Unfortunately some on here will call you "ungrateful" for making remarks like that. Gotta go with sunshine all the time and never want more than 11 wins and a good class. Nothing more until they say so
Old 04-08-2014, 02:21 PM   #9
Tailfeathers
Starter

CockyCash: 200
Tailfeathers is USC mascot materialTailfeathers is USC mascot materialTailfeathers is USC mascot materialTailfeathers is USC mascot materialTailfeathers is USC mascot materialTailfeathers is USC mascot materialTailfeathers is USC mascot materialTailfeathers is USC mascot materialTailfeathers is USC mascot materialTailfeathers is USC mascot materialTailfeathers is USC mascot material

JC says LSU is the current leader.
Old 04-08-2014, 02:26 PM   #10
Roosterboy
Household Name

Male

CockyCash: 500
Roosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tailfeathers View Post
JC says LSU is the current leader.
Still a long way till February.
A lot can happen between now and then....hey, this is what happens when you go for the top guys...you get competition for them.
1975, 1977, 1981, 1982, 1985, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2010, 2011, 2012
Two-time National Champs

Old 04-08-2014, 04:47 PM   #11
OldPat
Blue Chip

Male

OldPat is USC mascot materialOldPat is USC mascot materialOldPat is USC mascot materialOldPat is USC mascot materialOldPat is USC mascot materialOldPat is USC mascot materialOldPat is USC mascot materialOldPat is USC mascot materialOldPat is USC mascot materialOldPat is USC mascot materialOldPat is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by roosterdude21 View Post
Unfortunately some on here will call you "ungrateful" for making remarks like that. Gotta go with sunshine all the time and never want more than 11 wins and a good class. Nothing more until they say so
Who knew they had a sense of humor in the Land of Meh? LOL.
Old 04-08-2014, 05:01 PM   #12
CoverTwo
CockyTalk's Recruitnik

Male

Shurburtt just CB'ed him to LSU. Hopefully he is still planning to visit this weekend.

Old 04-10-2014, 09:59 PM   #13
cockybreeyan
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

cockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPit

I am hearing LSU has a significant lead here
Old 04-10-2014, 11:47 PM   #14
4gamecockfb
Starter

Male

CockyCash: 200
4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons

We are pretty much the home team. Hope he wants to stay close to home.
Old 04-15-2014, 09:37 PM   #15
CoverTwo
CockyTalk's Recruitnik

Male

Quote:
After visiting LSU last weekend, OL Zach Giella of Augusta has named the Tigers his new leader. It was his first visit to Baton Rouge and he appreciated the program in its entirety.
“I just loved the mix of great academics and football,” Giella said. “I got along great with the coaches and Les Miles is a great guy. I feel like I fit in there with everything.”
Though LSU has jumped out front, Giella continues to like USC.
“I still like the Gamecocks a lot and I’m not dismissing them by any means,” he said. “They will definitely get a fair shake.”
This weekend will see Giella head to Georgia for their spring game. He is calling this is his first visit to Athens.
“I’ve been there before but never on a visit,” he said. “I’ve never met with coaches or anything like that. Yeah, I’ve seen parts of the campus but this visit will give me a chance to really get to see the program from the inside.”
The following weekend he heads to Mississippi State and Ole Miss and in two weeks he will head to Kentucky for their spring game.
Giella said he is getting closer to revealing his top five and plans to announce it in the coming weeks. He did not give a time frame for a decision.
Link: http://sportstalksc.com/index.php/20...cocks-has-not/

Old 05-06-2014, 11:55 PM   #16
CoverTwo
CockyTalk's Recruitnik

Male

Quote:
5/6/2014: Joe Robinson from South Carolina Gamecocks visits Zach Giella

per 247 Timeline

Quote:
Coaches from Clemson and USC were by the school Tuesday to check on OL Zach Giella of Augusta. And Clemson has been a big mover with him in recent weeks. LSU is still his favorite but Clemson and Ole Miss share the #2 spot on his list.
“I really loved the (Clemson) coaching staff,” Giella said. “Coach Morris is recruiting me and he seems like an upstanding, Christian man. The proximity is important and the facilities are top of the line. The distance is what’s getting me right now. They are very high on my list.”
Giella will visit Clemson May 30th. This weekend he is going to Georgia Tech.
USC was an early favorite and Giella visited during spring practice but the Gamecocks have dropped down the list some with the big tackle. “I’m still going thru the process with USC and I’m staying in touch with the coaches,” he said.” “They are still in the mix.”
Giella said he does have a top five in his head but he’s not ready to go public with that. He plans to make a decision this summer before his season. Some of his other offers are Kentucky, Mississippi State, Cal, Duke, Missouri, Virginia, Miami, Georgia Tech, Michigan and Vanderbilt.
Link: http://sportstalksc.com/index.php/20...ineman-giella/

Old 05-08-2014, 07:09 PM   #17
rosstheboss
Diehard

Male

CockyCash: 461687660
rosstheboss is USC mascot materialrosstheboss is USC mascot materialrosstheboss is USC mascot materialrosstheboss is USC mascot materialrosstheboss is USC mascot materialrosstheboss is USC mascot materialrosstheboss is USC mascot materialrosstheboss is USC mascot materialrosstheboss is USC mascot materialrosstheboss is USC mascot materialrosstheboss is USC mascot material

Trending to Clemson...what a turn of events
Old 05-09-2014, 12:12 AM   #18
b381l
Heisman Winner

Male

CockyCash: 52205
b381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by rosstheboss View Post
Trending to Clemson...what a turn of events
he's changed his mind at least 3 times...
Old 05-14-2014, 08:41 PM   #19
rosstheboss
Diehard

Male

CockyCash: 461687660
rosstheboss is USC mascot materialrosstheboss is USC mascot materialrosstheboss is USC mascot materialrosstheboss is USC mascot materialrosstheboss is USC mascot materialrosstheboss is USC mascot materialrosstheboss is USC mascot materialrosstheboss is USC mascot materialrosstheboss is USC mascot materialrosstheboss is USC mascot materialrosstheboss is USC mascot material

Clemson(just committed)