CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Proving Ground

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
Outland
MDF DUST
MountainCock
QCB
Gamecocks1137
ReadR00ster
The Yancey
Master Bedroom
COCKYTALKIN
taylorssc
The Gator Bowl wants (2086)
USC will upset Aubur (1701)
In-state QB talent (968)
Texas athletic direc (764)
Which loss hurt wors (745)
Ranking the SEC Foot (650)
Rank the QBs under S (646)
USC Picked 12th By S (537)
BA ranks recruiting (485)
Five Upstate High Sc (334)
USC Picked 12th By SEC Me
So Disappointed With The
lack of production=
Rank the QBs under Spurri
2014 Ultimate Tailgate --
Gameday parking in Auburn
Google finally gets it ri
Perry Dozier Jr. (2015 Pr
Who start on the d line t
Ranking the SEC Football

Closed Thread

Old 06-19-2012, 11:05 PM   #1
CoverTwo
CockyTalk's Recruitnik

Male

2009 Awards: Awards for best Posters - Given for: Best Football Poster of 2009 
CockyCash: 101200
CoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot material
Default 2015 - Kevin Johnson - James Madison

Quarterback from Atlanta, Georgia

Rivals Bio

Scout Bio

As you walk down the fairway of life you must smell the roses, for you only get to play one round. - Ben Hogan
Old 06-20-2012, 10:48 AM   #2
Sabu1
Walk On

Male

CockyCash: 500
Sabu1 is making other chickens nervousSabu1 is making other chickens nervousSabu1 is making other chickens nervousSabu1 is making other chickens nervousSabu1 is making other chickens nervousSabu1 is making other chickens nervousSabu1 is making other chickens nervous
Default Re: Kevin Johnson Thread (2015 Prospect)

This is a prospect to keep an eye on down the line. Mangus likes him a lot and his father is a former Gamecock OL. He has a chance to be a highly recruited QB prospect.
Old 06-20-2012, 12:48 PM   #3
cockymac
I was the white shadow.

Male

CockyCash: 300500
cockymac is USC mascot materialcockymac is USC mascot materialcockymac is USC mascot materialcockymac is USC mascot materialcockymac is USC mascot materialcockymac is USC mascot materialcockymac is USC mascot materialcockymac is USC mascot materialcockymac is USC mascot materialcockymac is USC mascot materialcockymac is USC mascot material

I have a feeling that this is going to be a really long thread.
Old 06-20-2012, 03:00 PM   #4
USCbaseballguy
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 200
USCbaseballguy is making other chickens nervousUSCbaseballguy is making other chickens nervousUSCbaseballguy is making other chickens nervousUSCbaseballguy is making other chickens nervousUSCbaseballguy is making other chickens nervousUSCbaseballguy is making other chickens nervousUSCbaseballguy is making other chickens nervous

I hope it's a long, and happy thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GamecockTater
Gamecocks will be lucky to get a split...
Old 06-20-2012, 04:56 PM   #5
COCKYTALKIN
Household Name

Male

CockyCash: 24390296
COCKYTALKIN is USC mascot materialCOCKYTALKIN is USC mascot materialCOCKYTALKIN is USC mascot materialCOCKYTALKIN is USC mascot materialCOCKYTALKIN is USC mascot materialCOCKYTALKIN is USC mascot materialCOCKYTALKIN is USC mascot materialCOCKYTALKIN is USC mascot materialCOCKYTALKIN is USC mascot materialCOCKYTALKIN is USC mascot materialCOCKYTALKIN is USC mascot material

How can they rank a high school sophomore with 3 stars? Don't understand what that means, but it has to be good.
Old 06-20-2012, 05:27 PM   #6
SwimCock
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

SwimCock rules the CockPitSwimCock rules the CockPitSwimCock rules the CockPitSwimCock rules the CockPitSwimCock rules the CockPitSwimCock rules the CockPitSwimCock rules the CockPitSwimCock rules the CockPitSwimCock rules the CockPitSwimCock rules the CockPitSwimCock rules the CockPit

I hope that he gets much bigger and has blinding speed plus a cannon for an arm.
Old 06-20-2012, 05:29 PM   #7
DrPhilTheThrill
First Generation Gamecock

Male

CockyCash: 200
DrPhilTheThrill is crowing loudlyDrPhilTheThrill is crowing loudlyDrPhilTheThrill is crowing loudlyDrPhilTheThrill is crowing loudlyDrPhilTheThrill is crowing loudlyDrPhilTheThrill is crowing loudlyDrPhilTheThrill is crowing loudlyDrPhilTheThrill is crowing loudlyDrPhilTheThrill is crowing loudlyDrPhilTheThrill is crowing loudlyDrPhilTheThrill is crowing loudly

Wait, you're telling me they're scouting for the year 2015? I'm getting old.
Old 06-20-2012, 05:29 PM   #8
CoverTwo
CockyTalk's Recruitnik

Male

CoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by SwimCock View Post
I hope that he gets much bigger and has blinding speed plus a cannon for an arm.
According to TBS, he absolutely blew the coaches away at a recent camp.

Scout.com reported that we offered on June 6th, but I'm not sure how accurate that report is given we haven't even targeted our 2014 guy yet.

As you walk down the fairway of life you must smell the roses, for you only get to play one round. - Ben Hogan
Old 06-20-2012, 05:30 PM   #9
SwimCock
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

SwimCock rules the CockPitSwimCock rules the CockPitSwimCock rules the CockPitSwimCock rules the CockPitSwimCock rules the CockPitSwimCock rules the CockPitSwimCock rules the CockPitSwimCock rules the CockPitSwimCock rules the CockPitSwimCock rules the CockPitSwimCock rules the CockPit

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoverTwo View Post
According to TBS, he absolutely blew the coaches away at a recent camp.

Scout.com reported that we offered on June 6th, but I'm not sure how accurate that report is given we haven't even targeted our 2014 guy yet.
I wonder if we offered as an "athlete" since he could probably play a number of positions.
Old 06-20-2012, 06:28 PM   #10
SR4-AJ1
Game MVP

Male

CockyCash: 9708333
SR4-AJ1 is crowing loudlySR4-AJ1 is crowing loudlySR4-AJ1 is crowing loudlySR4-AJ1 is crowing loudlySR4-AJ1 is crowing loudlySR4-AJ1 is crowing loudlySR4-AJ1 is crowing loudlySR4-AJ1 is crowing loudlySR4-AJ1 is crowing loudlySR4-AJ1 is crowing loudlySR4-AJ1 is crowing loudly

Well lets hope we get a leg up on this kid quick then
Old 06-20-2012, 06:37 PM   #11
Shep
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 14410087
Shep is USC mascot materialShep is USC mascot materialShep is USC mascot materialShep is USC mascot materialShep is USC mascot materialShep is USC mascot materialShep is USC mascot materialShep is USC mascot materialShep is USC mascot materialShep is USC mascot materialShep is USC mascot material

From the highlights, looks like a good one. Hopefully he continues to improve and develop, and we are a step ahead because we got to work on him early.
Old 08-11-2012, 05:16 PM   #12
STEPHONGILMOREFAN!
4-time heisman

Male

CockyCash: 450
STEPHONGILMOREFAN! is USC mascot materialSTEPHONGILMOREFAN! is USC mascot materialSTEPHONGILMOREFAN! is USC mascot materialSTEPHONGILMOREFAN! is USC mascot materialSTEPHONGILMOREFAN! is USC mascot materialSTEPHONGILMOREFAN! is USC mascot materialSTEPHONGILMOREFAN! is USC mascot materialSTEPHONGILMOREFAN! is USC mascot materialSTEPHONGILMOREFAN! is USC mascot materialSTEPHONGILMOREFAN! is USC mascot materialSTEPHONGILMOREFAN! is USC mascot material

Do we lead?
Old 08-11-2012, 05:22 PM   #13
lilhornet
Great to be a Gamecock

Male

CockyCash: 25074528
lilhornet rules the CockPitlilhornet rules the CockPitlilhornet rules the CockPitlilhornet rules the CockPitlilhornet rules the CockPitlilhornet rules the CockPitlilhornet rules the CockPitlilhornet rules the CockPitlilhornet rules the CockPitlilhornet rules the CockPitlilhornet rules the CockPit

I think Drew Barker (If he commits) or Connor Mitch is the future of the QB position here.
Old 08-12-2012, 06:49 AM   #14
USCBASEBALL1
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 195371
USCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot material

Quote:
I wonder if we offered as an "athlete" since he could probably play a number of positions.
He is a QB all the way and a very good one at that.
Old 08-12-2012, 09:21 AM   #15
Luke Skycocker
Git Dat Baw

Male

2011 Football Pickem: 2011 Football Pickem - Given for: 2011 Football Pickem Champ 
CockyCash: 106687138593
Luke Skycocker is USC mascot materialLuke Skycocker is USC mascot materialLuke Skycocker is USC mascot materialLuke Skycocker is USC mascot materialLuke Skycocker is USC mascot materialLuke Skycocker is USC mascot materialLuke Skycocker is USC mascot materialLuke Skycocker is USC mascot materialLuke Skycocker is USC mascot materialLuke Skycocker is USC mascot materialLuke Skycocker is USC mascot material

Looks he has a really good combination of speed, touch, and arm strength
Old 08-12-2012, 12:19 PM   #16
SwimCock
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

He is a little small for a QB but can be effective as a dual threat. He does play in a low classification level of GA football.
Old 08-12-2012, 12:24 PM   #17
CoverTwo
CockyTalk's Recruitnik

Male

Quote:
He is a little small for a QB but can be effective as a dual threat. He does play in a low classification level of GA football.
He really threw the ball well during the 1 day camp he came to and according to TBS, Spurrier was really impressed with how much he knew about the passing game at that young of an age.

This guy is definitely someone to keep an eye on, and you have to think he is going to grow a little bit more.

Old 10-10-2012, 03:36 PM   #18
STEPHONGILMOREFAN!
4-time heisman

Male

CockyCash: 450
STEPHONGILMOREFAN! is USC mascot materialSTEPHONGILMOREFAN! is USC mascot materialSTEPHONGILMOREFAN! is USC mascot materialSTEPHONGILMOREFAN! is USC mascot materialSTEPHONGILMOREFAN! is USC mascot materialSTEPHONGILMOREFAN! is USC mascot materialSTEPHONGILMOREFAN! is USC mascot materialSTEPHONGILMOREFAN! is USC mascot materialSTEPHONGILMOREFAN! is USC mascot materialSTEPHONGILMOREFAN! is USC mascot materialSTEPHONGILMOREFAN! is USC mascot material

my cousin is a receiver on his team... he said this kid is all carolina. all the time. He talks about coming here and everything.
Old 10-11-2012, 12:02 AM   #19
CockaThaWalk
Kick Dawgs Peel Taters

Male

CockaThaWalk is making other chickens nervousCockaThaWalk is making other chickens nervousCockaThaWalk is making other chickens nervousCockaThaWalk is making other chickens nervousCockaThaWalk is making other chickens nervousCockaThaWalk is making other chickens nervousCockaThaWalk is making other chickens nervous

Incredible touch. You can't teach that.
Old 10-11-2012, 06:39 AM   #20
brat
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 100500
brat is USC mascot materialbrat is USC mascot materialbrat is USC mascot materialbrat is USC mascot materialbrat is USC mascot materialbrat is USC mascot materialbrat is USC mascot materialbrat is USC mascot materialbrat is USC mascot materialbrat is USC mascot materialbrat is USC mascot material

At his age, he probably still has a good bit of growing left to do, also.