CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Cock Pit

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
b381l
Master Bedroom
75CarolinaFan
Spurrier_Superior_On
SwampFox
WeStillOwnUSC
bcolinc
johnnyb
kingofnerf
sanford
Spurrier: Davis May (7011)
Devonte Holloman Ret (2350)
JD & DJ Getting (984)
Article on Shaw & (978)
Aggie looking forwar (975)
Cockaboose Owners (933)
and the #1 2014 acc (766)
I have not bought in (761)
I'm thinking we're g (695)
Clemson OT to transf (438)
I have not bought into ou
First "Carolina Call
2014 Ultimate Tailgate --
Spurrier: Davis May Not B
Cheap jersey and very nic
Devonte Holloman Retiring
Connor Shaw Browns
Aggie looking forward to
SEC East QB's Ranked
New Sign at Williams Bric

Old 05-14-2014, 09:58 PM   #21
catdaddy66
Former Walk On in-law

Male

CockyCash: 250018
catdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot material
Default Re: Clowney is 190 million dollars richer

Tiger Woods initial deal with Nike was worth $40 million. Clowney gets over 4 times that!

"That is serious money, Frank!"
Tony Montana
Old 05-14-2014, 10:01 PM   #22
B-G
Bowl MVP

Male

CockyCash: 500
B-G rules the CockPitB-G rules the CockPitB-G rules the CockPitB-G rules the CockPitB-G rules the CockPitB-G rules the CockPitB-G rules the CockPitB-G rules the CockPitB-G rules the CockPitB-G rules the CockPitB-G rules the CockPit

Lebron signed a 7 year 93 million dollar deal his rookie year.
That was in 03. (Meaning over 13 mill a year)

The 190 figure could be right, but it will probably be over a period of time (as contracts usually are)

Last edited by B-G; 05-15-2014 at 07:57 AM.
B-G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2014, 10:07 PM   #23
MWard
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 94340
MWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot material

haha, Manziel's agent said in early March that his apparel deal with Nike would be the biggest of all time...that deal is now being reported to only be around $20-ish million. Clowney's deal trumps the f**k out of that deal. Also, Lebron's deal was only for around $90 million out of HS though. Clowney's other deals with Wilson and other brands...good lourde that guy is going to be filthy rich. If he can get some good guys to help him manage that cash. He could have a high 7 figure "pension" to live on the every year the rest of his life, if not 8 figures.

-Abo Swinney, April 23, 2014

http://espn.go.com/blog/ncfnation/po...steve-spurrier
MWard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2014, 10:15 PM   #24
roosterdude21
Game MVP

Male

CockyCash: 0
roosterdude21 is USC mascot materialroosterdude21 is USC mascot materialroosterdude21 is USC mascot materialroosterdude21 is USC mascot materialroosterdude21 is USC mascot materialroosterdude21 is USC mascot materialroosterdude21 is USC mascot materialroosterdude21 is USC mascot materialroosterdude21 is USC mascot materialroosterdude21 is USC mascot materialroosterdude21 is USC mascot material

That's awesome. I do find the Gillette endorsement kinda funny being that the guy pretty much doesn't shave
roosterdude21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2014, 10:19 PM   #25
Gamecocks1137
Apparent Sunshine Pumper

Male

Gamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by roosterdude21 View Post
That's awesome. I do find the Gillette endorsement kinda funny being that the guy pretty much doesn't shave
I laughed at that too, like they were trying to tell him something.

"Are you a millionaire right now?" 'Nah, not yet. I'm still broke." - Jadeveon Clowney

Cockytalk's own conspiracy theorist.

Gamecocks1137 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2014, 10:23 PM   #26
SClawman
Game MVP

Male

SClawman is USC mascot materialSClawman is USC mascot materialSClawman is USC mascot materialSClawman is USC mascot materialSClawman is USC mascot materialSClawman is USC mascot materialSClawman is USC mascot materialSClawman is USC mascot materialSClawman is USC mascot materialSClawman is USC mascot materialSClawman is USC mascot material

That's $90 million over probably five years or more. FWIW, Derrick Rose signed a $200 million contract with Adidas a couple years back.
Old 05-14-2014, 10:24 PM   #27
Gamecocks1137
Apparent Sunshine Pumper

Male

Gamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot material

Well I know one thing, his mom can tell that Frito Lay plant to kiss her bum, because I doubt she ever sets foot in that place again.

"Are you a millionaire right now?" 'Nah, not yet. I'm still broke." - Jadeveon Clowney

Old 05-14-2014, 10:28 PM   #28
SClawman
Game MVP

Male

SClawman is USC mascot materialSClawman is USC mascot materialSClawman is USC mascot materialSClawman is USC mascot materialSClawman is USC mascot materialSClawman is USC mascot materialSClawman is USC mascot materialSClawman is USC mascot materialSClawman is USC mascot materialSClawman is USC mascot materialSClawman is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gamecocks1137 View Post
Well I know one thing, his mom can tell that Frito Lay plant to kiss her bum, because I doubt she ever sets foot in that place again.
She probably walked off the job after the bowl game or just never showed up again.
Old 05-14-2014, 10:29 PM   #29
Coulwoodwarlord
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 900000
Coulwoodwarlord is USC mascot materialCoulwoodwarlord is USC mascot materialCoulwoodwarlord is USC mascot materialCoulwoodwarlord is USC mascot materialCoulwoodwarlord is USC mascot materialCoulwoodwarlord is USC mascot materialCoulwoodwarlord is USC mascot materialCoulwoodwarlord is USC mascot materialCoulwoodwarlord is USC mascot materialCoulwoodwarlord is USC mascot materialCoulwoodwarlord is USC mascot material

Lets hope he's NFL ready....................
Coulwoodwarlord is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2014, 10:31 PM   #30
Mr. Burns
No Soul

Male

CockyCash: 447110
Mr. Burns is USC mascot materialMr. Burns is USC mascot materialMr. Burns is USC mascot materialMr. Burns is USC mascot materialMr. Burns is USC mascot materialMr. Burns is USC mascot materialMr. Burns is USC mascot materialMr. Burns is USC mascot materialMr. Burns is USC mascot materialMr. Burns is USC mascot materialMr. Burns is USC mascot material

There is absolutely no way in hell that Clowney is making 5% of Puma's annual revenue. 7-10 year deal I bet (or bad typo).
Old 05-14-2014, 10:33 PM   #31
Frosty
Blue Chip

Male

Frosty rules the CockPitFrosty rules the CockPitFrosty rules the CockPitFrosty rules the CockPitFrosty rules the CockPitFrosty rules the CockPitFrosty rules the CockPitFrosty rules the CockPitFrosty rules the CockPitFrosty rules the CockPitFrosty rules the CockPit

Rory Mcllroy signed a 200 Million dollar deal over 10 years with Nike. No reason to be surprised if the Puma deal is something like that.
Frosty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2014, 10:35 PM   #32
B-G
Bowl MVP

Male

B-G rules the CockPitB-G rules the CockPitB-G rules the CockPitB-G rules the CockPitB-G rules the CockPitB-G rules the CockPitB-G rules the CockPitB-G rules the CockPitB-G rules the CockPitB-G rules the CockPitB-G rules the CockPit

Quote:
Originally Posted by MWard View Post
haha, Manziel's agent said in early March that his apparel deal with Nike would be the biggest of all time...that deal is now being reported to only be around $20-ish million. Clowney's deal trumps the f**k out of that deal. Also, Lebron's deal was only for around $90 million out of HS though. Clowney's other deals with Wilson and other brands...good lourde that guy is going to be filthy rich. If he can get some good guys to help him manage that cash. He could have a high 7 figure "pension" to live on the every year the rest of his life, if not 8 figures.
Manziel's figures weren't reported publicly but the rumor was 20 million a year not total.

Puma will not be paying Clowney 190 mil a year
Old 05-14-2014, 10:37 PM   #33
SClawman
Game MVP

Male

They want a presence in the NFL and Clowney gives them that. They knew they'd have to outspend Nike, Adidas, UA to get him. This isn't surprising. Superstars in all sports get massive deals once they turn pro.
Old 05-14-2014, 10:39 PM   #34
SClawman
Game MVP

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by B-G View Post

Puma will not be paying Clowney 190 mil a year
Duh. Almost all endorsement contracts are multi-year. MJ gets a percentage of sales on his Nike line and doesn't make that a year.
Old 05-14-2014, 10:44 PM   #35
B-G
Bowl MVP

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by SClawman View Post
Duh. Almost all endorsement contracts are multi-year. MJ gets a percentage of sales on his Nike line and doesn't make that a year.
Don't think the Duh does much justice.

You'd be surprised my friend.
Old 05-14-2014, 10:51 PM   #36
SClawman
Game MVP

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by B-G View Post
Don't think the Duh does much justice.

You'd be surprised my friend.
Meant no disrespect. I would just hope no one seriously thinks he's getting that in one year.
Old 05-14-2014, 11:23 PM   #37
roosterdude21
Game MVP

Male

roosterdude21 is USC mascot materialroosterdude21 is USC mascot materialroosterdude21 is USC mascot materialroosterdude21 is USC mascot materialroosterdude21 is USC mascot materialroosterdude21 is USC mascot materialroosterdude21 is USC mascot materialroosterdude21 is USC mascot materialroosterdude21 is USC mascot materialroosterdude21 is USC mascot materialroosterdude21 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gamecocks1137 View Post
Haha that exit reminds me of this

roosterdude21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2014, 11:25 PM   #38
CockyATO
Flipping Recruits

Male

CockyATO is developing his combCockyATO is developing his combCockyATO is developing his combCockyATO is developing his combCockyATO is developing his combCockyATO is developing his combCockyATO is developing his combCockyATO is developing his combCockyATO is developing his combCockyATO is developing his comb

Think he'll help us build an indoor practice field?

Another N00k production
CockyATO is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2014, 11:25 PM   #39
Gamecocks1137
Apparent Sunshine Pumper

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by roosterdude21 View Post
Haha that exit reminds me of this

Haha Awesome movie. That is basically it, whether or not she said it exactly that way.

Old 05-14-2014, 11:26 PM   #40
Gamecocks1137
Apparent Sunshine Pumper

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by CockyATO View Post
Think he'll help us build an indoor practice field?
After he takes care of his immediately family first, I fully believe he will become a big time donor.