CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Cock Pit

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
JerseyBird
USC_21
b381l
JDJones
WeStillOwnUSC
kingofnerf
Cockypantherfan
gamecockgal
kick_ball
SanAntonioCock
10 years since " (2079)
Sidney Rice is havin (1578)
Why the hesitance to (1096)
Should UNC get death (480)
2014 Charleston Clas (457)
BJ Mckie (449)
Getting Back on Trac (344)
Hospitality Area? (318)
Cocky cloth towels (277)
Challenge to or revi (246)
weekend conference Predic
ESPN's Mike Golic keeps p
Why the hesitance to put
Fan bias toward a specifi
2014 Charleston Classic *
2014 Charleston Classic *
2015 Defensive Line
Micheal Shumacher Fightin
2015 Commitment - Dexter
Dragon Age Origins free!

Old 05-14-2014, 11:28 PM   #41
Steeler7588
4-Star

Male

CockyCash: 200
Steeler7588 is crowing loudlySteeler7588 is crowing loudlySteeler7588 is crowing loudlySteeler7588 is crowing loudlySteeler7588 is crowing loudlySteeler7588 is crowing loudlySteeler7588 is crowing loudlySteeler7588 is crowing loudlySteeler7588 is crowing loudlySteeler7588 is crowing loudlySteeler7588 is crowing loudly
Default Re: Clowney is 190 million dollars richer

Puma's current biggest NFL athlete is Jamaal Charles. Usain Bolt is probably their top athlete overall, and his popularity primarily spikes every 4 years.

If you were trying to make a splash with the former #1 overall recruit and current #1 draft pick and sign him before the other usual suspects (Nike signed all the top QBs this year), how much money would you offer Clowney over 10 years (I'm guessing the length of his deal is around that)? I could def see $190 mil, just with how much money gets thrown around now.

At the very least, any amount of money he gets will be over a period of time. Nobody gets signed to a 1-year endorsement deal.

Steelers / Carolina Gamecocks / Penguins / Arsenal / Pitt Panthers / Bulls / Pirates
Steeler7588 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2014, 11:33 PM   #42
GamecockNeal
American Gamecock....

Male

CockyCash: 5445
GamecockNeal is USC mascot materialGamecockNeal is USC mascot materialGamecockNeal is USC mascot materialGamecockNeal is USC mascot materialGamecockNeal is USC mascot materialGamecockNeal is USC mascot materialGamecockNeal is USC mascot materialGamecockNeal is USC mascot materialGamecockNeal is USC mascot materialGamecockNeal is USC mascot materialGamecockNeal is USC mascot material

I dont care, I think he made a mistake leaving early for the draft. He could have stayed and improved his stock. He could have had better endorsements like British Knights shoes. Hell always be a Gamecock but I think he had some bad people in his ears before he declared.
Old 05-14-2014, 11:34 PM   #43
henmania
Game MVP

Male

CockyCash: 500
henmania rules the CockPithenmania rules the CockPithenmania rules the CockPithenmania rules the CockPithenmania rules the CockPithenmania rules the CockPithenmania rules the CockPithenmania rules the CockPithenmania rules the CockPithenmania rules the CockPithenmania rules the CockPit

Quote:
Originally Posted by B-G View Post
Lebron signed a 7 year 93 million dollar deal his rookie year.
That was in 03. (Meaning 9 mill a year)

The 190 figure could be right, but it will probably be over a period of time (as contracts usually are)
Just heard it is a 10 year deal. FWIW.
henmania is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2014, 12:02 AM   #44
CockyLifer
Gamecocks R US MGMT

Male

CockyCash: 89095
CockyLifer rules the CockPitCockyLifer rules the CockPitCockyLifer rules the CockPitCockyLifer rules the CockPitCockyLifer rules the CockPitCockyLifer rules the CockPitCockyLifer rules the CockPitCockyLifer rules the CockPitCockyLifer rules the CockPitCockyLifer rules the CockPitCockyLifer rules the CockPit

JD Clowney should be renamed to Saint Clowney in South Carolina. I am so glad that he came to play for us and am very proud of him.
THE University of SOUTH CAROLINA!

CockyLifer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2014, 12:05 AM   #45
Bobby Boucher
Banned

Male

Bobby Boucher is crowing loudlyBobby Boucher is crowing loudlyBobby Boucher is crowing loudlyBobby Boucher is crowing loudlyBobby Boucher is crowing loudlyBobby Boucher is crowing loudlyBobby Boucher is crowing loudlyBobby Boucher is crowing loudlyBobby Boucher is crowing loudlyBobby Boucher is crowing loudlyBobby Boucher is crowing loudly

Quote:
Originally Posted by B-G View Post
Lebron signed a 7 year 93 million dollar deal his rookie year.
That was in 03. (Meaning 9 mill a year)

The 190 figure could be right, but it will probably be over a period of time (as contracts usually are)

Damn brother, who taught you math?
Bobby Boucher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2014, 12:10 AM   #46
Bobby Boucher
Banned

Male

Bobby Boucher is crowing loudlyBobby Boucher is crowing loudlyBobby Boucher is crowing loudlyBobby Boucher is crowing loudlyBobby Boucher is crowing loudlyBobby Boucher is crowing loudlyBobby Boucher is crowing loudlyBobby Boucher is crowing loudlyBobby Boucher is crowing loudlyBobby Boucher is crowing loudlyBobby Boucher is crowing loudly

Quote:
Originally Posted by GamecockNeal View Post
I dont care, I think he made a mistake leaving early for the draft. He could have stayed and improved his stock. He could have had better endorsements like British Knights shoes. Hell always be a Gamecock but I think he had some bad people in his ears before he declared.
British Knights? Jesus dude that company's popularity died with MC Hammer. Hell I had to google them just to make sure they still existed.
Bobby Boucher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2014, 12:41 AM   #47
Gamecocks1137
Apparent Sunshine Pumper

Male

CockyCash: 996351
Gamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Ah.. Sarcasm at its best.
Cockytalk's own conspiracy theorist.
Gamecocks1137 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2014, 01:04 AM   #48
b381l
Heisman Winner

Male

CockyCash: 52205
b381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot material

Quote:

He was drafted #1..... how exactly was he going to do better than that.

Who the hell in the US knows anything about British Knights shoes.....how many Super Bowls have they won.
b381l is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2014, 02:03 AM   #49
BlueHerons
4-Star

Female

BlueHerons is developing his combBlueHerons is developing his combBlueHerons is developing his combBlueHerons is developing his combBlueHerons is developing his combBlueHerons is developing his combBlueHerons is developing his combBlueHerons is developing his combBlueHerons is developing his combBlueHerons is developing his comb

A little birdie from IMG told me that the amount is the top amount he can earn, it's a sliding scale. Tiger's first signing with Nike was structured the same way, he won the Master's and got the entire amount.

So he basically has to win the superbowl every year for the next seven years to get that total amount of money. He'll still make a bundle.
BlueHerons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2014, 07:41 AM   #50
gamecock88
All Everything

Male

CockyCash: 997672
gamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot material

Quote:

Bks. Awesome. Maybe Kswiss or Brooks would have out bid them too. I agree, leaving early to be drafted #1 is a bad move. Good one, I laughed out loud.
gamecock88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2014, 07:45 AM   #51
Carolina4Life
1st Team All-Pro

Male

Carolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot material

I believe it.
Old 05-15-2014, 07:54 AM   #52
U-Dub Gamecock
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 58166
U-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot material

Quote:
Rumor has it K-Swiss was going to give him a bigger deal if he came out in 2015.
Old 05-15-2014, 07:55 AM   #53
B-G
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

B-G is USC mascot materialB-G is USC mascot materialB-G is USC mascot materialB-G is USC mascot materialB-G is USC mascot materialB-G is USC mascot materialB-G is USC mascot materialB-G is USC mascot materialB-G is USC mascot materialB-G is USC mascot materialB-G is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobby Boucher View Post
Damn brother, who taught you math?
My USC diploma...

Shit that just got caught now? I'm not surprised
B-G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2014, 08:39 AM   #54
AtlGAMECOCK
Household Name

Male

CockyCash: 1000000
AtlGAMECOCK is USC mascot materialAtlGAMECOCK is USC mascot materialAtlGAMECOCK is USC mascot materialAtlGAMECOCK is USC mascot materialAtlGAMECOCK is USC mascot materialAtlGAMECOCK is USC mascot materialAtlGAMECOCK is USC mascot materialAtlGAMECOCK is USC mascot materialAtlGAMECOCK is USC mascot materialAtlGAMECOCK is USC mascot materialAtlGAMECOCK is USC mascot material
Send a message via Yahoo to AtlGAMECOCK

They are projecting his contract with Houston to be a 4 year 22 million one .
Old 05-15-2014, 08:46 AM   #55
bigdog2003
Future Coaching Legend

Male

CockyCash: 999762
bigdog2003 is USC mascot materialbigdog2003 is USC mascot materialbigdog2003 is USC mascot materialbigdog2003 is USC mascot materialbigdog2003 is USC mascot materialbigdog2003 is USC mascot materialbigdog2003 is USC mascot materialbigdog2003 is USC mascot materialbigdog2003 is USC mascot materialbigdog2003 is USC mascot materialbigdog2003 is USC mascot material

A lot better than the deal FILA gave me, $1 a year for 190 million years.

bigdog2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2014, 09:23 AM   #56
GamecockNeal
American Gamecock....

Male

CockyCash: 5445
GamecockNeal is USC mascot materialGamecockNeal is USC mascot materialGamecockNeal is USC mascot materialGamecockNeal is USC mascot materialGamecockNeal is USC mascot materialGamecockNeal is USC mascot materialGamecockNeal is USC mascot materialGamecockNeal is USC mascot materialGamecockNeal is USC mascot materialGamecockNeal is USC mascot materialGamecockNeal is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobby Boucher View Post
British Knights? Jesus dude that company's popularity died with MC Hammer. Hell I had to google them just to make sure they still existed.
Sorry. I guess I should have mentioned a more relevant brand for todays youth- la gear.
Old 05-15-2014, 09:35 AM   #57
roosterdude21
Bowl MVP

Male

CockyCash: 32021
roosterdude21 is USC mascot materialroosterdude21 is USC mascot materialroosterdude21 is USC mascot materialroosterdude21 is USC mascot materialroosterdude21 is USC mascot materialroosterdude21 is USC mascot materialroosterdude21 is USC mascot materialroosterdude21 is USC mascot materialroosterdude21 is USC mascot materialroosterdude21 is USC mascot materialroosterdude21 is USC mascot material

Haha the 80's had to be the strangest decade for popular fashion and L.A. Gear definitely tops the list. Good call

Quote:
Sorry. I guess I should have mentioned a more relevant brand for todays youth- la gear.
roosterdude21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2014, 09:38 AM   #58
ra742002
Game MVP

Male

CockyCash: 200
ra742002 is USC mascot materialra742002 is USC mascot materialra742002 is USC mascot materialra742002 is USC mascot materialra742002 is USC mascot materialra742002 is USC mascot materialra742002 is USC mascot materialra742002 is USC mascot materialra742002 is USC mascot materialra742002 is USC mascot materialra742002 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by roosterdude21 View Post
Haha the 80's had to be the strangest decade for popular fashion and L.A. Gear definitely tops the list. Good call

If you have or know any teenagers, you know this isn't far from what is being worn today....

ra742002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2014, 10:26 AM   #59
weatheredxtown
Master of Minutia

Male

CockyCash: 300
weatheredxtown is crowing loudlyweatheredxtown is crowing loudlyweatheredxtown is crowing loudlyweatheredxtown is crowing loudlyweatheredxtown is crowing loudlyweatheredxtown is crowing loudlyweatheredxtown is crowing loudlyweatheredxtown is crowing loudlyweatheredxtown is crowing loudlyweatheredxtown is crowing loudlyweatheredxtown is crowing loudly

Quote:
Originally Posted by ra742002 View Post
If you have or know any teenagers, you know this isn't far from what is being worn today....
It really isn't lol. Some of the shoes my classmates wear are friggin ugly
Old 05-15-2014, 10:30 AM   #60
bigdog2003
Future Coaching Legend

Male

CockyCash: 999762
bigdog2003 is USC mascot materialbigdog2003 is USC mascot materialbigdog2003 is USC mascot materialbigdog2003 is USC mascot materialbigdog2003 is USC mascot materialbigdog2003 is USC mascot materialbigdog2003 is USC mascot materialbigdog2003 is USC mascot materialbigdog2003 is USC mascot materialbigdog2003 is USC mascot materialbigdog2003 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by weatheredxtown View Post
It really isn't lol. Some of the shoes my classmates wear are friggin ugly
Ugly=more expensive

bigdog2003 is offline   Reply With Quote