CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Community > iCocky

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
ucan'tlickourcocks
NAGamecockFan
kingofnerf
BigRedCock
robgusc76
NinjaSven
Gamecockswag
TAFC 5 1981
cockybreeyan
Gaichon
Freshman ND WR " (663)
Call of Duty: Advanc (490)
Good Riddance to bad (385)
Keeping tailgate foo (282)
NCAAF: SOUTH CAROLIN (242)
An A to Z of Noah We (166)
The Comeback & T (83)
NCAAF: MICHIGAN @ MI (66)
NCAAF: MISSISSIPPI S (66)
NCAAF: WEST VIRGINIA (65)
Why I think we beat Aubur
Ranking Top HC jobs in SE
Bashing Players, coaches,
SEC Debate: Best candidat
2015 Commitment - Sherrod
Wallpaper & Backgroun
Rank the QBs under Spurri
Texas athletic director:
Rest of the season predic
So Disappointed With The

Old 06-16-2013, 09:39 AM   #1
Halltj2
Gamecock

Male

CockyCash: 200
Halltj2 is USC mascot materialHalltj2 is USC mascot materialHalltj2 is USC mascot materialHalltj2 is USC mascot materialHalltj2 is USC mascot materialHalltj2 is USC mascot materialHalltj2 is USC mascot materialHalltj2 is USC mascot materialHalltj2 is USC mascot materialHalltj2 is USC mascot materialHalltj2 is USC mascot material
Default Xbox One

Quote:
Microsoft's Xbox One was announced at a Microsoft event on May 21, 2013. The Xbox One is the third in the Xbox line of consoles, and faces competition from Sony's upcoming PlayStation 4 and Nintendo's Wii U.

The Xbox One will be released in November 2013 for $499.99 in the US and 499.99 Euros in Europe.

http://www.ign.com/wikis/xbox-one

Now that E3 is behind us, I thought I'd go ahead and fire up a separate thread for each next gen console to discuss any news leading up to their release.

Who's already pre-ordered? What game is everyone looking forward to most on the Xbone?
Halltj2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2013, 02:22 PM   #2
riceatusc
Misses Old Cockytalk

Male

CockyCash: 305013227
riceatusc is USC mascot materialriceatusc is USC mascot materialriceatusc is USC mascot materialriceatusc is USC mascot materialriceatusc is USC mascot materialriceatusc is USC mascot materialriceatusc is USC mascot materialriceatusc is USC mascot materialriceatusc is USC mascot materialriceatusc is USC mascot materialriceatusc is USC mascot material
Send a message via AIM to riceatusc Send a message via MSN to riceatusc
Default Re: Xbox One

I just preoedered mine at gamestop. I'm interested in how Quantum Break is going to play. And I will be getting BF4 for sure.
Old 06-16-2013, 04:07 PM   #3
Halltj2
Gamecock

Male

Halltj2 is USC mascot materialHalltj2 is USC mascot materialHalltj2 is USC mascot materialHalltj2 is USC mascot materialHalltj2 is USC mascot materialHalltj2 is USC mascot materialHalltj2 is USC mascot materialHalltj2 is USC mascot materialHalltj2 is USC mascot materialHalltj2 is USC mascot materialHalltj2 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by riceatusc View Post
I just preoedered mine at gamestop. I'm interested in how Quantum Break is going to play. And I will be getting BF4 for sure.
I'm really looking forward to Quantum Break myself. The BF4 demo at E3 was amazing. I forgot Michael K Williams was in BF4, I'm really looking forward to a great single player campaign from BF4 to go with the always great multiplayer.
Old 06-16-2013, 06:19 PM   #4
Rewster
Blue Chip

Male

Rewster rules the CockPitRewster rules the CockPitRewster rules the CockPitRewster rules the CockPitRewster rules the CockPitRewster rules the CockPitRewster rules the CockPitRewster rules the CockPitRewster rules the CockPitRewster rules the CockPitRewster rules the CockPit

I just can't bring myself to get one. I've had the previous two, loved them, but I cannot support where XBox is going as far as regulation. I get enough of that crap in my life. That, and the exclusives aren't worth it for me.
Rewster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2013, 09:43 PM   #5
DabosWeenie
Walk On

Male

CockyCash: 500
DabosWeenie has hatched from the shell

I can't see why anyone in their right mind would by the xbox one...
DabosWeenie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2013, 09:52 PM   #6
Schecter
Banned

Male

Schecter is USC mascot materialSchecter is USC mascot materialSchecter is USC mascot materialSchecter is USC mascot materialSchecter is USC mascot materialSchecter is USC mascot materialSchecter is USC mascot materialSchecter is USC mascot materialSchecter is USC mascot materialSchecter is USC mascot materialSchecter is USC mascot material

So, how much are games gonna be for the next gen consoles?
Schecter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2013, 09:54 PM   #7
Halltj2
Gamecock

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schecter View Post
So, how much are games gonna be for the next gen consoles?
So far it appears the same as current gen...$60
Old 06-16-2013, 11:50 PM   #8
riceatusc
Misses Old Cockytalk

Male

riceatusc is USC mascot materialriceatusc is USC mascot materialriceatusc is USC mascot materialriceatusc is USC mascot materialriceatusc is USC mascot materialriceatusc is USC mascot materialriceatusc is USC mascot materialriceatusc is USC mascot materialriceatusc is USC mascot materialriceatusc is USC mascot materialriceatusc is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halltj2 View Post
I'm really looking forward to Quantum Break myself. The BF4 demo at E3 was amazing. I forgot Michael K Williams was in BF4, I'm really looking forward to a great single player campaign from BF4 to go with the always great multiplayer.
BF4 is going to be fantastic as always. I'm also looking forward to Dead Rising 3, interesting how it looks as if it has matured as a shooter.
Old 06-16-2013, 11:50 PM   #9
riceatusc
Misses Old Cockytalk

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by DabosWeenie View Post
I can't see why anyone in their right mind would by the xbox one...
Because they want one.
Old 06-17-2013, 12:23 AM   #10
MillerTime843
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 1135301
MillerTime843 is USC mascot materialMillerTime843 is USC mascot materialMillerTime843 is USC mascot materialMillerTime843 is USC mascot materialMillerTime843 is USC mascot materialMillerTime843 is USC mascot materialMillerTime843 is USC mascot materialMillerTime843 is USC mascot materialMillerTime843 is USC mascot materialMillerTime843 is USC mascot materialMillerTime843 is USC mascot material

Uh; because it's their money and they want it.
MillerTime843 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2013, 12:28 AM   #11
FlorenceCock
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 1200000
FlorenceCock is USC mascot materialFlorenceCock is USC mascot materialFlorenceCock is USC mascot materialFlorenceCock is USC mascot materialFlorenceCock is USC mascot materialFlorenceCock is USC mascot materialFlorenceCock is USC mascot materialFlorenceCock is USC mascot materialFlorenceCock is USC mascot materialFlorenceCock is USC mascot materialFlorenceCock is USC mascot material

To each their own I guess but after seeing all of the shit MS has pulled over the Xbox one I don't think I could personally bring myself to give them one more cent of my money. It is going to suck not being able to play Halo 5 but oh well.
Old 06-17-2013, 12:57 AM   #12
MillerTime843
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 1135301
MillerTime843 is USC mascot materialMillerTime843 is USC mascot materialMillerTime843 is USC mascot materialMillerTime843 is USC mascot materialMillerTime843 is USC mascot materialMillerTime843 is USC mascot materialMillerTime843 is USC mascot materialMillerTime843 is USC mascot materialMillerTime843 is USC mascot materialMillerTime843 is USC mascot materialMillerTime843 is USC mascot material

1. Well, considering you can't play games offline but for only 1 hour!?! Um wtf???
2. Your Xbox can spy on you????
3. You have to be friends with 1 person and they can only play your game ONCE!!!!
4. You can't even sell your games?? Because there is a fee for online play? EA stopped that
5. MICROSOFT QUIETLY ****S THEMSELVES OVER
MillerTime843 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2013, 01:09 AM   #13
riceatusc
Misses Old Cockytalk

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by MillerTime843 View Post
1. Well, considering you can't play games offline but for only 1 hour!?! Um wtf???
2. Your Xbox can spy on you????
3. You have to be friends with 1 person and they can only play your game ONCE!!!!
4. You can't even sell your games?? Because there is a fee for online play? EA stopped that
5. MICROSOFT QUIETLY ****S THEMSELVES OVER
yeahh..microsoft stated that they have no fee and that any fee would come from the developer and not them...

kinect features can be turned off where it is not able to "spy" on you.

you only have to check in online once every 24 hours to play your games.

and you can have 10 people on your shared game lists. they said family and then said that you don't have to be blood related.

or your post could be sarcastic and I could be missing that.
Old 06-17-2013, 03:28 AM   #14
nin_usc_freak92
Class of 2015

Male

CockyCash: 3400
nin_usc_freak92 rules the CockPitnin_usc_freak92 rules the CockPitnin_usc_freak92 rules the CockPitnin_usc_freak92 rules the CockPitnin_usc_freak92 rules the CockPitnin_usc_freak92 rules the CockPitnin_usc_freak92 rules the CockPitnin_usc_freak92 rules the CockPitnin_usc_freak92 rules the CockPitnin_usc_freak92 rules the CockPitnin_usc_freak92 rules the CockPit

I preordered mine already. & If you don't see value in the system you're acting ignorant. The always-online is being portrayed as a negative thing when in reality it's going to help out gamers a lot. Games can access more power (i.e. limit load times to be almost non-existant, render graphics with little to no clipping at 60fps) using your broadband connection. To my knowledge, only Microsoft developers have access to this extra online power source for their games. Plus with them boasting 100,000 servers over the current 10,000 or whatever means that XBL will be faster than ever. Add in the addition of rumble triggers and the fact that I would love to integrate my TV viewing experience with my xbox and its apps and that's why it's the best choice for me. Plus I love the exclusives on Xbox more than PS. Although I do plan to eventually own both consoles, if that makes a difference.

EDIT: Btw, look into their shared family feature that's really flying under the radar. One account can link 9 other gamertags as "family members" and every person in your family can access your shared games library from any console, at any time, essentially meaning that if my buddy is done with his game and I'm in his family, I can access it from my house and play it for free just because he owns it and I'm considered his family member. This feature alone will save tons of gamers money. So much for M$ being greedy. Ever think they might just be sick of game piracy killing the industry?
Old 06-17-2013, 07:27 AM   #15
( CAROLINA )
Recruit

Male

CockyCash: 500
( CAROLINA ) has hatched from the shell

Quote:
Originally Posted by nin_usc_freak92 View Post
I preordered mine already. & If you don't see value in the system you're acting ignorant. The always-online is being portrayed as a negative thing when in reality it's going to help out gamers a lot. Games can access more power (i.e. limit load times to be almost non-existant, render graphics with little to no clipping at 60fps) using your broadband connection. To my knowledge, only Microsoft developers have access to this extra online power source for their games. Plus with them boasting 100,000 servers over the current 10,000 or whatever means that XBL will be faster than ever. Add in the addition of rumble triggers and the fact that I would love to integrate my TV viewing experience with my xbox and its apps and that's why it's the best choice for me. Plus I love the exclusives on Xbox more than PS. Although I do plan to eventually own both consoles, if that makes a difference.

EDIT: Btw, look into their shared family feature that's really flying under the radar. One account can link 9 other gamertags as "family members" and every person in your family can access your shared games library from any console, at any time, essentially meaning that if my buddy is done with his game and I'm in his family, I can access it from my house and play it for free just because he owns it and I'm considered his family member. This feature alone will save tons of gamers money. So much for M$ being greedy. Ever think they might just be sick of game piracy killing the industry?
Couldn't have said it better myself. I'm not on the PS4 thread bashing the heck out of it. Both systems are great, and both have their advantages. I went with the One, bc on all about Halo, and I like the Xbox feel more than PS. I'm not bashing PS, it's just what I want.
( CAROLINA ) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2013, 07:39 AM   #16
Halltj2
Gamecock

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by nin_usc_freak92 View Post
I preordered mine already. & If you don't see value in the system you're acting ignorant. The always-online is being portrayed as a negative thing when in reality it's going to help out gamers a lot.
Good post and I think this is very true. MS knows they are facing a rumor problem right now but they are also confident once gamers get their hands actually on the console and play it they will love it.
Old 06-17-2013, 08:06 AM   #17
Spurred
Starter

Male

CockyCash: 1005500
Spurred rules the CockPitSpurred rules the CockPitSpurred rules the CockPitSpurred rules the CockPitSpurred rules the CockPitSpurred rules the CockPitSpurred rules the CockPitSpurred rules the CockPitSpurred rules the CockPitSpurred rules the CockPitSpurred rules the CockPit
Send a message via AIM to Spurred Send a message via Yahoo to Spurred

The online connection would be no big deal when I'm home but it would make the Xbox worthless when I take it overseas on deployments.
Old 06-17-2013, 08:17 AM   #18
johnnyb
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Male

CockyCash: 1705674460
johnnyb is USC mascot materialjohnnyb is USC mascot materialjohnnyb is USC mascot materialjohnnyb is USC mascot materialjohnnyb is USC mascot materialjohnnyb is USC mascot materialjohnnyb is USC mascot materialjohnnyb is USC mascot materialjohnnyb is USC mascot materialjohnnyb is USC mascot materialjohnnyb is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spurred View Post
The online connection would be no big deal when I'm home but it would make the Xbox worthless when I take it overseas on deployments.
yep...or say you/your kid wants to take it with them on vacation (thinking beach house/cabin in the mountains/camper)

To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason is like administering medicine to the dead.
johnnyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2013, 08:19 AM   #19
riceatusc
Misses Old Cockytalk

Male

Every beach house or cabin that I have been to, even the cheap ones, have wifi...
Old 06-17-2013, 08:28 AM   #20
johnnyb
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Male

CockyCash: 1705674460
johnnyb is USC mascot materialjohnnyb is USC mascot materialjohnnyb is USC mascot materialjohnnyb is USC mascot materialjohnnyb is USC mascot materialjohnnyb is USC mascot materialjohnnyb is USC mascot materialjohnnyb is USC mascot materialjohnnyb is USC mascot materialjohnnyb is USC mascot materialjohnnyb is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by riceatusc View Post
Every beach house or cabin that I have been to, even the cheap ones, have wifi...
really? cool, most of the ones I have stayed in don't, granted they arent traditional rentals, most of them are vacation homes of friends who dont see the need to pay for a years internet service when they only use the house a few weeks a year or maybe a week a month

To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason is like administering medicine to the dead.
johnnyb is offline   Reply With Quote