CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Cock Pit

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
MWard
sanford
U-Dub Gamecock
75CarolinaFan
Spurticus
b381l
Aggie96
B-G
gamecockgal
TAFC 5 1981
Sidney Rice Retiring (1344)
Dan Patrick Show - P (610)
ESPN Insider (533)
Pictures of older Co (438)
SOS Dominating SEC M (292)
Bonefish Grill (264)
Places to eat in Con (254)
Tenn vs WVU in Charl (206)
This Song is the F'i (202)
What Are The Most Im (202)
Asheville/Spartanburg eat
Texags
Holy Hell, Indeed, SEC Ne
Predict Clemson 2014
Top 10 Reasons Why Texas
2015 Commitment - Damon A
Ace suspended 4 games
Another A&M aggie off
2015 - Johnny Frasier
Sidney Rice Retiring From

Old 05-17-2014, 02:44 PM   #21
GH
Moonocababa

Male

CockyCash: 28000
GH is USC mascot materialGH is USC mascot materialGH is USC mascot materialGH is USC mascot materialGH is USC mascot materialGH is USC mascot materialGH is USC mascot materialGH is USC mascot materialGH is USC mascot materialGH is USC mascot materialGH is USC mascot material
Default Re: Marcus Lattimore statue

I think that it would be weird to see another back wear #21. I know #38 is retired and I don't think USC should do that for #21; it will be a jersey that backs will have to earn the right to wear though.

#1 on a WR at South Carolina seems like it is becoming an honored and revered number. It is not a rule and not even encouraged by the team or fans but that seems to be the way the #1 is going...Alshon to Ace to Byrd (hopefully)...maybe I am just hoping that the numbers-to-positions will start to carry weight and meaning.
Old 05-17-2014, 03:12 PM   #22
ReadR00ster
2nd Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 510
ReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by uscgamecocks88 View Post
Well they did name it George Rodgers Blvd..
There probably should be a statue of Big George somewhere along that street.
ReadR00ster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2014, 03:21 PM   #23
TonyVercetti
Recruit

Male

CockyCash: 500
TonyVercetti has feathers coming inTonyVercetti has feathers coming inTonyVercetti has feathers coming in

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cock Kool-Aid View Post
IDGAF about anything that's been said in this thread to this point.

Marcus Lattimore's contributions to this program exceed any physical award, trophy, championship IMO.

I was being partially facetious, but I really do feel that he should be honored in some way... besides what's been done so far. His career, stats, performances, etc were all cut short by very unfortunate, severe, tragic injuries... That's not his fault and I don't feel his legacy should be tainted by that. In fact, I think it's even more reason for the University to extend a gesture.

The guy is an inspiration IMO and is someone that all our future players, and even coaches/staff, can look up to. I think having his image/name visible as much as possible would be a positive.
How you gonna ask a question then say you dont give a **** about what people gotta say about it
TonyVercetti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2014, 03:23 PM   #24
FanofCarolina1
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 925
FanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot material

Quote:
IDGAF about anything that's been said in this thread to this point.

Marcus Lattimore's contributions to this program exceed any physical award, trophy, championship IMO.

I was being partially facetious, but I really do feel that he should be honored in some way... besides what's been done so far. His career, stats, performances, etc were all cut short by very unfortunate, severe, tragic injuries... That's not his fault and I don't feel his legacy should be tainted by that. In fact, I think it's even more reason for the University to extend a gesture.

The guy is an inspiration IMO and is someone that all our future players, and even coaches/staff, can look up to. I think having his image/name visible as much as possible would be a positive.
It's already painted inside W-B honoring him.
Old 05-17-2014, 03:26 PM   #25
Cock Kool-Aid
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

Cock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by FanofCarolina1 View Post
It's already painted inside W-B honoring him.
I find it hilarious that you went to all the trouble to blow up the sentence and change the coloring of it and still didn't comprehend it. I said BESIDES WHAT'S BEEN DONE ALREADY... haha.
Old 05-17-2014, 03:29 PM   #26
Cock Kool-Aid
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

Cock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot material

I just love Lattimore, guys... I'm sorry... I'm thinking with my heart and not my head... forgive me?
Old 05-17-2014, 03:57 PM   #27
WeCocky
Recruit

Male

CockyCash: 508
WeCocky has hatched from the shell

Quote:
I just love Lattimore, guys... I'm sorry... I'm thinking with my heart and not my head... forgive me?

Forgiven... I think if he never got hurt the statue might be up already
WeCocky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2014, 06:32 PM   #28
Rebel4ever
The Paradigm Shift

Male

CockyCash: 200
Rebel4ever is USC mascot materialRebel4ever is USC mascot materialRebel4ever is USC mascot materialRebel4ever is USC mascot materialRebel4ever is USC mascot materialRebel4ever is USC mascot materialRebel4ever is USC mascot materialRebel4ever is USC mascot materialRebel4ever is USC mascot materialRebel4ever is USC mascot materialRebel4ever is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by trapper82 View Post
When he wins the SEC here and breaks Bear Bryant record here he should get a statue and the field named Spurrier Field at WB stadium. He is an legend now, if he pulls those things off he is top 3-5 college coach of all time.

And yes, then we can nickname the stadium "The Spur"
Yep.
Old 05-17-2014, 07:49 PM   #29
Evilchicken2
Allergic to kool aid

Male

Evilchicken2 is USC mascot materialEvilchicken2 is USC mascot materialEvilchicken2 is USC mascot materialEvilchicken2 is USC mascot materialEvilchicken2 is USC mascot materialEvilchicken2 is USC mascot materialEvilchicken2 is USC mascot materialEvilchicken2 is USC mascot materialEvilchicken2 is USC mascot materialEvilchicken2 is USC mascot materialEvilchicken2 is USC mascot material

You don't erect statues for people just because they were nice. Get a grip.
Old 05-17-2014, 07:59 PM   #30
Gamecocks1137
Bowl MVP

Male

Gamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evilchicken2 View Post
Sure, because that is all he was, nice.

"Are you a millionaire right now?" 'Nah, not yet. I'm still broke." - Jadeveon Clowney

Cockytalk's own conspiracy theorist.
Gamecocks1137 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2014, 10:15 PM   #31
Cock Kool-Aid
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evilchicken2 View Post

You're awesome.
Old 05-17-2014, 10:17 PM   #32
FearThethumbandDJ
Starter

Male

CockyCash: 1000
FearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPitFearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPitFearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPitFearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPitFearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPitFearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPitFearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPitFearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPitFearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPitFearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPitFearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPit

He was a great person, he had one good year though. No way he should have a statue.

Steve should have a statue, but thats it.
FearThethumbandDJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2014, 10:36 PM   #33
G&B
ferk it

Male

CockyCash: 520
G&B is USC mascot materialG&B is USC mascot materialG&B is USC mascot materialG&B is USC mascot materialG&B is USC mascot materialG&B is USC mascot materialG&B is USC mascot materialG&B is USC mascot materialG&B is USC mascot materialG&B is USC mascot materialG&B is USC mascot material

I am campaigning for the evilchicken statue...because statues don't have to be just for nice people.

"Relativity is relative" - V. Smith
G&B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2014, 10:51 PM   #34
2010Redbirds
You best believe

Male

CockyCash: 9976675
2010Redbirds is sharpening his claws2010Redbirds is sharpening his claws2010Redbirds is sharpening his claws2010Redbirds is sharpening his claws2010Redbirds is sharpening his claws

Agree or not. if 21 gets a statue for being a great gamecock,, 14 should well be in that hunt.
Old 05-17-2014, 10:51 PM   #35
usc1
Class of 2013

Male

CockyCash: 749
usc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot material

No no no
Old 05-17-2014, 10:53 PM   #36
Gamecocks1137
Bowl MVP

Male

Gamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by usc1 View Post
No no no
Yeah, maybe not a statue, but something of value. He has done more than enough to deserve something other than that damn name on the spiral walkway. He should have something else... Number retired, or held in high regard, or something.

"Are you a millionaire right now?" 'Nah, not yet. I'm still broke." - Jadeveon Clowney

Cockytalk's own conspiracy theorist.
Gamecocks1137 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2014, 11:51 PM   #37
militarymind17
4-Star

Male

CockyCash: 490
militarymind17 is developing his combmilitarymind17 is developing his combmilitarymind17 is developing his combmilitarymind17 is developing his combmilitarymind17 is developing his combmilitarymind17 is developing his combmilitarymind17 is developing his combmilitarymind17 is developing his combmilitarymind17 is developing his comb

The HBC needs a statue because he's made USC one of the top programs in the country!!!
militarymind17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2014, 11:54 PM   #38
militarymind17
4-Star

Male

CockyCash: 490
militarymind17 is developing his combmilitarymind17 is developing his combmilitarymind17 is developing his combmilitarymind17 is developing his combmilitarymind17 is developing his combmilitarymind17 is developing his combmilitarymind17 is developing his combmilitarymind17 is developing his combmilitarymind17 is developing his comb

Wait..*thinking* It's all 7's. 7, 14, and 21 need statues if that's the case.. LOL..
militarymind17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2014, 12:17 AM   #39
MisterClowney
It's A Revolution

Male

CockyCash: 685
MisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot material

Statues are for champions IMO. I want to see Marcus in a ring of honor, but no statue.

Follow Gamecockology on Instagram, Twitter and Facebook.
MisterClowney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2014, 12:32 AM   #40
uscgamecocks88
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

uscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talons

I think #21 should be retired. Maybe #14 as well.
uscgamecocks88 is offline   Reply With Quote