CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Sarge

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
ShutTheSuccop
ccured
carcosa
Master Bedroom
lake-cityCOCK89
Superadiabatic
highstick
Kazak
taylorssc
gamecockphan
400 pasing yards (796)
Funny? (736)
Nosovitch (689)
HBC Weekly Presser (632)
This program has no (583)
Zone Read Analysis w (472)
Thompson Has Neck In (462)
What fish do you eat (455)
KY Suspends 4 Player (418)
Would You Accept Lam (273)
Discussion: 2015 Recruiti
4th & 1 Play
State talent drying up
Four UK Players Suspended
400 pasing yards
2016 - Tavien Feaster
Build a New Stadium
Defer Or Not?
HBC Weekly Presser
Thompson Has Neck Injury

Old 05-18-2014, 11:22 AM   #1
KingCock1986
Recruit

Male

CockyCash: 200
KingCock1986 is making other chickens nervousKingCock1986 is making other chickens nervousKingCock1986 is making other chickens nervousKingCock1986 is making other chickens nervousKingCock1986 is making other chickens nervousKingCock1986 is making other chickens nervousKingCock1986 is making other chickens nervous
Default Do you realize??????

Wow, when reading the forums the past month +, I would think that we have a team that is barley at .500.....Do you realize:

- That we have 42 wins overall, the MOST in the SEC??
- That we have 14 overall losses, 12 in the SEC and 2 in back-to-back MW games?
- That even with the extreme amount of injuries this year we are the #4 seed in the SEC tourney and get a bye the first round?
- That our pitching staff may be the best overall to still get 42 wins with the amount of issues we have had this year??
- That although our offense does not seem to come through when we desperately need it (it seems), that we find the will and the HEART to win games late??
- That we are 8-2 in our last 10 games, the best current 10 game % in the SEC?
- Oh, yeah, and that we SWEPT CLEMSON AGAIN this year!!!!!!! Maybe we can add more pain to them??

Are we getting hot at the right time? We will see......I look forward to the second season and just need this group of Gamecocks to play their best, play relaxed and play with HEART, and I think we will be fine!!!!

I for one will remain POSITIVE and just enjoy the ride, we have sure gotten spoiled in the past 10 years, ya' think?!?!?!

GO COCKS!!!!

KC86
KingCock1986 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2014, 11:40 AM   #2
cockybusiness2
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 470000
cockybusiness2 is USC mascot materialcockybusiness2 is USC mascot materialcockybusiness2 is USC mascot materialcockybusiness2 is USC mascot materialcockybusiness2 is USC mascot materialcockybusiness2 is USC mascot materialcockybusiness2 is USC mascot materialcockybusiness2 is USC mascot materialcockybusiness2 is USC mascot materialcockybusiness2 is USC mascot materialcockybusiness2 is USC mascot material
Default Re: Do you realize??????

If this team get healthy... They can BEAT ANYBODY
cockybusiness2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2014, 11:47 AM   #3
Evilchicken2
Allergic to kool aid

Male

CockyCash: 500
Evilchicken2 is USC mascot materialEvilchicken2 is USC mascot materialEvilchicken2 is USC mascot materialEvilchicken2 is USC mascot materialEvilchicken2 is USC mascot materialEvilchicken2 is USC mascot materialEvilchicken2 is USC mascot materialEvilchicken2 is USC mascot materialEvilchicken2 is USC mascot materialEvilchicken2 is USC mascot materialEvilchicken2 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingCock1986 View Post
Wow, when reading the forums the past month +, I would think that we have a team that is barley at .500.....Do you realize:

- That even with the extreme amount of injuries this year we are the #4 seed in the SEC tourney and get a bye the first round?
- That our pitching staff may be the best overall to still get 42 wins with the amount of issues we have had this year??
- That although our offense does not seem to come through when we desperately need it (it seems), that we find the will and the HEART to win games late??
- Oh, yeah, and that we SWEPT CLEMSON AGAIN this year!!!!!!! Maybe we can add more pain to them??

Are we getting hot at the right time? We will see......I look forward to the second season and just need this group of Gamecocks to play their best, play relaxed and play with HEART, and I think we will be fine!!!!

I for one will remain POSITIVE and just enjoy the ride, we have sure gotten spoiled in the past 10 years, ya' think?!?!?!

GO COCKS!!!!

KC86
Calm down.

Nobody's off the wagon. When people expect the preseason SEC champ, and CWS favorite to roll through the reg season, and then they don't; people get down. Spoiled fans? Crazy expectations? I don't know. Criticism and worry don't necessarily equal BAD fans.
Old 05-18-2014, 07:42 PM   #4
Rebel4ever
Banned

Male

Rebel4ever is USC mascot materialRebel4ever is USC mascot materialRebel4ever is USC mascot materialRebel4ever is USC mascot materialRebel4ever is USC mascot materialRebel4ever is USC mascot materialRebel4ever is USC mascot materialRebel4ever is USC mascot materialRebel4ever is USC mascot materialRebel4ever is USC mascot materialRebel4ever is USC mascot material

If Schrock had no gotten hurt we would have won the SEC reg season. The two blown Florida games we gave away cost us the reg season title. Had them beat and gave them two wins. I wouldn't want to play us if I were a fan of some other school.
Rebel4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2014, 07:46 PM   #5
Singaporecock
Redneck Abroad

Male

CockyCash: 1000500
Singaporecock is USC mascot materialSingaporecock is USC mascot materialSingaporecock is USC mascot materialSingaporecock is USC mascot materialSingaporecock is USC mascot materialSingaporecock is USC mascot materialSingaporecock is USC mascot materialSingaporecock is USC mascot materialSingaporecock is USC mascot materialSingaporecock is USC mascot materialSingaporecock is USC mascot material
Send a message via Yahoo to Singaporecock

I agree 100%.

Cue those who left the bandwagon to make disclaiming statements....only to jump back off if we don't win it all!
Old 05-18-2014, 08:28 PM   #6
uscGRAD04
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 833
uscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot material

The thing I've been most impressed with this year is our win % in midweek games. And to think our two losses came after we lost a tough series to Florida and our team was decimated by injuries at that time.
uscGRAD04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2014, 08:47 PM   #7
FanofCarolina1
1st Team All-American

Male

FanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot material

We will never lose again!!
Old 05-18-2014, 09:29 PM   #8
robgusc76
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 101200
robgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot material
Send a message via AIM to robgusc76

Its a good baseball team, but even the best teams have flaws. This team has trouble picking up a big hit. Finally snapped out of it late against Vandy, hopefully it will carry through.

Excuse us for pointing out flaws, but its not always sunshine and flowers.
robgusc76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2014, 09:50 PM   #9
No Curse
Game MVP

Male

CockyCash: 2504
No Curse rules the CockPitNo Curse rules the CockPitNo Curse rules the CockPitNo Curse rules the CockPitNo Curse rules the CockPitNo Curse rules the CockPitNo Curse rules the CockPitNo Curse rules the CockPitNo Curse rules the CockPitNo Curse rules the CockPitNo Curse rules the CockPit

It's a funny game. You can get hot as quick as you get cold.
No Curse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2014, 12:52 AM   #10
uscgamecocks88
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 500
uscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talons

We seem to play the best in the postseason. Just about unstoppable in Cola in regional and SR
uscgamecocks88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2014, 01:01 AM   #11
robgusc76
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 101200
robgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot material
Send a message via AIM to robgusc76

Quote:
Originally Posted by uscgamecocks88 View Post
We seem to play the best in the postseason. Just about unstoppable in Cola in regional and SR
carefullll
robgusc76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2014, 04:00 AM   #12
COCKYWOOD
Bowl MVP

Male

CockyCash: 800
COCKYWOOD is USC mascot materialCOCKYWOOD is USC mascot materialCOCKYWOOD is USC mascot materialCOCKYWOOD is USC mascot materialCOCKYWOOD is USC mascot materialCOCKYWOOD is USC mascot materialCOCKYWOOD is USC mascot materialCOCKYWOOD is USC mascot materialCOCKYWOOD is USC mascot materialCOCKYWOOD is USC mascot materialCOCKYWOOD is USC mascot material

I don't know how to start a poll on CT. I think it would be interesting to see how many poster's actually attend baseball games. Maybe break down how many attend post season games . Our fans are great, but getting a bit spoiled lately.
COCKYWOOD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2014, 04:45 AM   #13
ConwayGamecock
The Classic Double-Take

Male

CockyCash: 71443
ConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingCock1986 View Post

GO COCKS!!!!

KC86
Well, in the middle of all that during April into early May was a stretch where we went 2-7 and 9-10. Considering before that 2-7 sputter we were 26-3 and the #1-ranked team in the nation. After the 9-10 run we were out of the discussion for a top-8 national seed. There's always going to be the gnashing of teeth and rending of clothes with our fanbase regarding almost everything, but we had a rough stretch of season there. It was mostly due to injury and illness, but it kept coming and coming.

Good thing is perhaps our team is getting healthy at the right time. Bright, Schrock, and Caldwell may be available to play by the postseason, and our pitching staff is still solid. The younger guys who had to step in for those missing starters have some substantial PT under their belts now, so the team overall is pretty experienced throughout the depth, which is always good.

The team has won 7 of it's final 8 games of the reg. season after that 9-10 stretch, so hopefully we're getting a good post-season run started, and everyone will be happier with the season's results when it's all over....