CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Cock Pit

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
Acockolypse Now
COCKYTALKIN
WeStill0wnUSC
Spurticus
USCBASEBALL1
BiggerLSUfan
The Yancey
B-G
Rooster'srule
sporkgod50
Gamecocks (-10.5) vs (800)
Hercules - review (383)
Gamecock Coaches as (371)
help with army insig (364)
Ranking the Opposing (345)
Not a Rival.. (243)
I'm a grand godfathe (210)
NCAA Football 15 (203)
COCKYTALK ONE HIT WO (171)
COCKYTALK ONE HIT WO (144)
2015 - Ty'Son Williams
2015 - Mon Denson
Ced Cooper's 40 Time
Discussion: 2015 Recruiti
Ranking the Opposing Fanb
Not a Rival..
Jay Paterno Attempts To R
Tenn vs WVU in Charlotte
Gamecock Coaches as Recru
Green and Lammons

Old 05-18-2014, 05:05 PM   #1
USCNowAndForever
Recruit

Male

CockyCash: 500
USCNowAndForever is sharpening his clawsUSCNowAndForever is sharpening his clawsUSCNowAndForever is sharpening his clawsUSCNowAndForever is sharpening his clawsUSCNowAndForever is sharpening his claws
Default A video that might help the football illiterate here

USCNowAndForever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2014, 05:31 PM   #2
FearThethumbandDJ
Starter

Male

CockyCash: 1000
FearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPitFearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPitFearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPitFearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPitFearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPitFearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPitFearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPitFearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPitFearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPitFearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPitFearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPit
Default Re: A video that might help the football illiterate here

you should have just put "For Clemson fans" in the title
FearThethumbandDJ is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2014, 07:53 PM   #3
BlueHerons
4-Star

Female

BlueHerons is making other chickens nervousBlueHerons is making other chickens nervousBlueHerons is making other chickens nervousBlueHerons is making other chickens nervousBlueHerons is making other chickens nervousBlueHerons is making other chickens nervousBlueHerons is making other chickens nervous

If you are going to do a 'Basic Defense For Dummies" video, do a basic defense for dummies video.

He assumed too much and started using nicknames and completely lost me. I got through five minute and had no idea what he was talking about.

Bad video and I'm a Carolina graduate.
BlueHerons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2014, 08:17 PM   #4
Cocked & Locked
Recruit

Male

Cocked & Locked has developed his gaff and talonsCocked & Locked has developed his gaff and talonsCocked & Locked has developed his gaff and talonsCocked & Locked has developed his gaff and talonsCocked & Locked has developed his gaff and talonsCocked & Locked has developed his gaff and talonsCocked & Locked has developed his gaff and talonsCocked & Locked has developed his gaff and talonsCocked & Locked has developed his gaff and talonsCocked & Locked has developed his gaff and talonsCocked & Locked has developed his gaff and talons

It didn't watch the video but I saw 3-4 defense that may get a look this year, but did this video have anything about a 4-3 or 4-2-5 that we have been running and what we will be running mostly this year as well?
Cocked & Locked is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2014, 08:37 PM   #5
Gamecocks1137
Apparent Sunshine Pumper

Male

Gamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cocked & Locked View Post
It didn't watch the video but I saw 3-4 defense that may get a look this year, but did this video have anything about a 4-3 or 4-2-5 that we have been running and what we will be running mostly this year as well?
Probably a 4-2-5 with 20% or so being a 3-4. haha no one knows

"Are you a millionaire right now?" 'Nah, not yet. I'm still broke." - Jadeveon Clowney

Cockytalk's own conspiracy theorist.

Last edited by Gamecocks1137; 05-19-2014 at 01:15 PM.
Gamecocks1137 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2014, 12:40 AM   #6
uscsandstorm85
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

uscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPit

This could be marketed to the ACC.
Old 05-19-2014, 01:54 AM   #7
Acockolypse Now
L-I-V-I-N

Male

CockyCash: 45000175
Acockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot material

I like it when I take the Mike and switch it with the Sam and unguard the reduction front and on the cue snap degrade to a 5-2 structure to engage the strong side tackle.
Old 05-19-2014, 12:27 PM   #8
Lonnie
Band

Male

Lonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot material

JungleBoi has a lot of responsibility in the underfront concept...

Lonnie is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2014, 12:28 PM   #9
CoverTwo
CockyTalk's Recruitnik

Male

2009 Awards: Awards for best Posters - Given for: Best Football Poster of 2009 
CockyCash: 101200
CoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot material

Lol, I can't believe people are still thinking we are going to be a 3-4 team.

Drink Cocktane!

For the latest in USC coverage, check out:

TheBigSpur
GamecockCentral
GamecockAnthem
CoverTwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2014, 01:16 PM   #10
Gamecocks1137
Apparent Sunshine Pumper

Male

Gamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoverTwo View Post
Yeah, I feel like the coaches are only going to run a 3-4 scheme every now and then to get all of our LBs involved because we have too much talent to waste in that position. We have about 5 very good LBs that deserve playing time and could start for any team.

"Are you a millionaire right now?" 'Nah, not yet. I'm still broke." - Jadeveon Clowney

Old 05-19-2014, 03:53 PM   #11
Roosterboy
Household Name

Male

Roosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot material

Quote:
I know right.
I look it like I did the rabbit package...just a scheme to get a different personnel group out there for certain offensive packages.

Still a base 4-2-5...but with today's offenses you have to have some level of multi-formation. Probably can't run a rabbit since we aren't as stacked at speed rushers...we are stacked at LB...find a formation and scheme to get them on the field at certain situations.
1975, 1977, 1981, 1982, 1985, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2010, 2011, 2012
Two-time National Champs

Roosterboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2014, 04:21 PM   #12
kingoftheroost
la-la-la

Male

CockyCash: 1000000
kingoftheroost is USC mascot materialkingoftheroost is USC mascot materialkingoftheroost is USC mascot materialkingoftheroost is USC mascot materialkingoftheroost is USC mascot materialkingoftheroost is USC mascot materialkingoftheroost is USC mascot materialkingoftheroost is USC mascot materialkingoftheroost is USC mascot materialkingoftheroost is USC mascot materialkingoftheroost is USC mascot material

Given the personnel we have on the roster currently, if we do use the 3-4 a good bit and are successful, then I think people would need to give Ward his due credit, because it's probably not easy to switch from one scheme to another and have success, and it would show his willingness to mold his defense to the talent. That's what the media folks have been praising Spurrier for ever since we became a more run-oriented, read-option offense.
Old 05-19-2014, 09:17 PM   #13
USCNowAndForever
Recruit

Male

USCNowAndForever is sharpening his clawsUSCNowAndForever is sharpening his clawsUSCNowAndForever is sharpening his clawsUSCNowAndForever is sharpening his clawsUSCNowAndForever is sharpening his claws

Quote:
Originally Posted by uscsandstorm85 View Post
This could be marketed to the ACC.
Lol

Old 05-19-2014, 09:21 PM   #14
USCNowAndForever
Recruit

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cocked & Locked View Post
Coach Mac has a video on the 4-2-5.

This is his 4-2-5, and not our 4-2-5.

Old 05-19-2014, 09:22 PM   #15
Gamecocks1137
Apparent Sunshine Pumper

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by USCNowAndForever View Post
Coach Mac has a video on the 4-2-5.

This is his 4-2-5, and not our 4-2-5.

Does anyone really have our 4-2-5 with the spur hybrid LB/S with it?

Old 05-19-2014, 09:25 PM   #16
WeCocky
Recruit

Male

CockyCash: 508
WeCocky has hatched from the shell

I like a 4-2-5 because you can be more flexible with it, and I think it helps against spread teams like Auburn because you can move that 5th overhang type player around to take away certain tendencies and rotate to all their different motions.
WeCocky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2014, 10:56 AM   #17
CoverTwo
CockyTalk's Recruitnik

Male

CoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gamecocks1137 View Post
Does anyone really have our 4-2-5 with the spur hybrid LB/S with it?
Auburn.

Drink Cocktane!

TheBigSpur
GamecockCentral
GamecockAnthem
Old 05-20-2014, 10:57 AM   #18
CoverTwo
CockyTalk's Recruitnik

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeCocky View Post
I like a 4-2-5 because you can be more flexible with it, and I think it helps against spread teams like Auburn because you can move that 5th overhang type player around to take away certain tendencies and rotate to all their different motions.
As long as the 5th guy is athletic enough. Damario Jeffery got abused because he was too stiff. The year he had to fill in for Antonio Allen against Arkansas was a nightmare.

Drink Cocktane!

TheBigSpur
GamecockCentral
GamecockAnthem
Old 05-20-2014, 10:59 AM   #19
CoverTwo
CockyTalk's Recruitnik

Male

Some might not want to hear it because its difficult to predict a player before he gets into the program and on the practice field but the 3-4 is pretty much a way to get BAW on the field this year. He should eventually take over the BOB linebacker.

Drink Cocktane!

TheBigSpur
GamecockCentral
GamecockAnthem
Old 05-20-2014, 08:49 PM   #20
snoopcockycock
AQUACOCK

Male

snoopcockycock is USC mascot materialsnoopcockycock is USC mascot materialsnoopcockycock is USC mascot materialsnoopcockycock is USC mascot materialsnoopcockycock is USC mascot materialsnoopcockycock is USC mascot materialsnoopcockycock is USC mascot materialsnoopcockycock is USC mascot materialsnoopcockycock is USC mascot materialsnoopcockycock is USC mascot materialsnoopcockycock is USC mascot material

Quote:
Some might not want to hear it because its difficult to predict a player before he gets into the program and on the practice field but the 3-4 is pretty much a way to get BAW on the field this year. He should eventually take over the BOB linebacker.
agreed. if he has nearly the year moore had last year, this defense can be great. i have heard nothing but great things about this kid. i hope he lives up to the hype. being able to switch in and out of the 4-2-5 and 3-4 could be a nasty weapon for our coaches this season.