CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Sarge

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
KaneisAble
doubledribble
PageUSC
GarnetSwarm1990
Gamecocks1137
Jmansour333
pitchcock
thumpin big
b381l
TheUSCMike
Busta out indefinite (1994)
SOS says his next st (1673)
Our Road Upset Wins (1532)
CBSSports SEC predic (810)
Our Defense? (663)
No easy road for our (653)
Roll call for Auburn (593)
University of Buffal (519)
Michael Sams done in (360)
Party like it's 1903 (301)
Does South Carolina still
CFN prediction for auburn
2016 - Issac Nauta
Roll call for Auburn
Discussion: 2015 Recruiti
Ranking Top HC jobs in SE
Our Defense?
SC vs Auburn -- Playmaker
Busta out indefinitely.
SEC Football Legend: Shel

Old 05-20-2014, 09:41 AM   #1
trapper82
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 500
trapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot material
Default So what is our injury situation?

1. Who are possible holdouts from the SEC tourney?

2. How serious are the current injuries?

3. Who missed significant time this year, and what were the effects on the team when they were out?
Old 05-20-2014, 10:16 AM   #2
USCBatgirl21
Official Baseball Chick

Female

CockyCash: 1000500
USCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot material
Send a message via MSN to USCBatgirl21
Default Re: So what is our injury situation?

1 - Schrock and Bright

2 - Holding them out to be sure that we have them for Regionals

3 - At one time we had 5 starters injured...that is when we went into our slump.
USCBatgirl21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2014, 10:26 AM   #3
SpockCock
Redshirt

Male

CockyCash: 1250
SpockCock is making other chickens nervousSpockCock is making other chickens nervousSpockCock is making other chickens nervousSpockCock is making other chickens nervousSpockCock is making other chickens nervousSpockCock is making other chickens nervousSpockCock is making other chickens nervousSpockCock is making other chickens nervous

A (free) article from Rivals https://southcarolina.rivals.com/con....kSmf2gyG.dpbs has the latest on Schrock and Bright I have seen:

Quote:
INJURY UPDATE: Holbrook said he hopes to play both Max Schrock (back) and Connor Bright (elbow) in Hoover. Bright practiced Monday, Holbrook said, but as for whether either will be able to play in Wednesday night's game is still a mystery.

"I won't know that til I know how they're feeling on Wednesday, probably," Holbrook said. "I would love to play them.

"I'm going to be a little more careful with Schrock, because he's seen some live at-bats and been involved recently here and isn't too much out of the rhythm of the game, so to speak.

"Connor, I'd like to get him in there some in the SEC Tournament if I can so I can get him some live at-bats before the NCAA Tournament."

As for Schrock, he said on Monday afternoon that his back tells him when he can play and when he can't.

"Right now I feel pretty good," Shrock said. "I'm taking it day-to-day at this point. Like I've said before, sometimes I wake up and it feels good, sometimes I wake up and it doesn't. I just try to manage it and get my treatments and see what I can do."

Like Holbrook, Schrock knows what's on the line this time in Hoover.

"Last year, we went down there and lost two games straight," he said. "This year, we have something to play for. Hopefully we can go down there and play some good baseball and win some games."
Old 05-20-2014, 07:57 PM   #4
ucan'tlickourcocks
The "other" M. Lattimore

Male

CockyCash: 979723021
ucan'tlickourcocks is USC mascot materialucan'tlickourcocks is USC mascot materialucan'tlickourcocks is USC mascot materialucan'tlickourcocks is USC mascot materialucan'tlickourcocks is USC mascot materialucan'tlickourcocks is USC mascot materialucan'tlickourcocks is USC mascot materialucan'tlickourcocks is USC mascot materialucan'tlickourcocks is USC mascot materialucan'tlickourcocks is USC mascot materialucan'tlickourcocks is USC mascot material

Schrock has proven adept at appearing at a high level when out for a while. So I am less concerned about him. Bright however, I am very anxious to get him going....... don't want to have to wait until the real thing...... much rather use this dress rehearsal.

Would really like to hear the truth from AD Tanner about how much...... or how little he emphasized Hoover. One thing is for sure, especially in his last 3 years, he really learned how and when to push the right buttons...... or in the case of Omaha, not push any buttons at all, and not apologize for it!

My thinking is that we may have the best pitching staff we have had top to bottom, and may have the ability to withstand and overcome a taxing Tourny in Hoover.

Having said that, in my opinion, we don't need to win it...... we just need a solid showing..... anything but a losing record in the Tourny.....

How many great teams have we seen go to Hoover all out, then find themselves struggling in their regional......

I am trusting that Chad and Jerry know what they are doing. Probably best to not get advice from Ray about Hoover!
Old 05-20-2014, 08:33 PM   #5
acejrock

Male

CockyCash: 28363636
acejrock is USC mascot materialacejrock is USC mascot materialacejrock is USC mascot materialacejrock is USC mascot materialacejrock is USC mascot materialacejrock is USC mascot materialacejrock is USC mascot materialacejrock is USC mascot materialacejrock is USC mascot materialacejrock is USC mascot materialacejrock is USC mascot material
Send a message via AIM to acejrock Send a message via Yahoo to acejrock

Quote:
Originally Posted by USCBatgirl21 View Post
1 - Schrock and Bright

2 - Holding them out to be sure that we have them for Regionals

3 - At one time we had 5 starters injured...that is when we went into our slump.
Apparently you didn't read the game threads during that slump. It was not as simple as "just baseball" or "you can't blame it on injuries". We only won 40+ games in the regular season. Just plain awful. Because, you know, because. [/sarcasm]
acejrock is offline   Reply With Quote