CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Community > The Water Cooler

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
JulesWinnfield90
black_magic85
BlueHerons
BiscoCocky
COCKYTALKIN
trapper82
rolinb1
Gamecocks1137
Chill98
Aggie96
Spurrier: Davis May (4872)
TAMU Starting CB Out (3085)
Clemson RB Out for Y (1994)
Your SEC Standings P (1516)
Clowney possibly hur (1430)
an apology (1228)
Our players and the (966)
Devonte Holloman Ret (791)
Clowney leaves pract (695)
This helmit is aweso (569)
Devonte Holloman Retiring
JD & DJ Getting Love
New Sign at Williams Bric
Spurrier: Davis May Not B
Connor Shaw Browns
2014-15 Premier League se
Aggie looking forward to
Cockaboose Owners
VPN service recomendation
I have not bought into ou

Closed Thread

Old 11-09-2013, 06:50 PM   #1
eklypised
Two Deep

Male

CockyCash: 1467
eklypised rules the CockPiteklypised rules the CockPiteklypised rules the CockPiteklypised rules the CockPiteklypised rules the CockPiteklypised rules the CockPiteklypised rules the CockPiteklypised rules the CockPiteklypised rules the CockPiteklypised rules the CockPiteklypised rules the CockPit
Default Relationship issue (What would you do)

Ive been dating this girl for about a year now. She has 2 kids and we pretty much live together. the baby daddy knew we were together but we broke up for about a month, but we got back together. She hasn't told him we got back together. Right now I have no job and he sends her money weekly for his kids, which he should do. He works out of state a lot and his kids bday party was today. He flew in last night and she went and picked him up. the thing is I have to leave for the weekend so he can stay their since he doesn't know we are together I have to leave. the whole issue is if she tells him we are back together she thinks he will not send any money for the kids. She wants me to be the man of the house and do all this stuff but if he comes home for a weekend or something I have to get out. And again the whole issue is over money. I think hes coming home for a week for Thanksgiving. So what am I suppose to do leave and have her ex stay their for a week with my girl. I trust her completely that nothing sexual will happen. But its the principal that I have to leave everytime he comes home. Im getting tired of it. I know I cant support her and the kids fincaially right now, but its still not fair to me to have to be kept a secret for money. The dude should support his kids either way if shes dating somebody else or not. And she breaks down to me and tells me how sorry she is it has to be like this. I just don't know what to do anymore. What would you do?
Old 11-09-2013, 06:56 PM   #2
1SCFanInPAUntilNow
Franchise Playa

Male

CockyCash: 9980800
1SCFanInPAUntilNow is USC mascot material1SCFanInPAUntilNow is USC mascot material1SCFanInPAUntilNow is USC mascot material1SCFanInPAUntilNow is USC mascot material1SCFanInPAUntilNow is USC mascot material1SCFanInPAUntilNow is USC mascot material1SCFanInPAUntilNow is USC mascot material1SCFanInPAUntilNow is USC mascot material1SCFanInPAUntilNow is USC mascot material1SCFanInPAUntilNow is USC mascot material1SCFanInPAUntilNow is USC mascot material
Default Re: Relationship issue (What would you do)

Not being a smartass...run.
Old 11-09-2013, 07:01 PM   #3
TKE226
Damn Yankee

Male

CockyCash: 1768234
TKE226 is USC mascot materialTKE226 is USC mascot materialTKE226 is USC mascot materialTKE226 is USC mascot materialTKE226 is USC mascot materialTKE226 is USC mascot materialTKE226 is USC mascot materialTKE226 is USC mascot materialTKE226 is USC mascot materialTKE226 is USC mascot materialTKE226 is USC mascot material

I think if he is the dad and there is an agreement in place, he should still be sending child support. I am not a lawyer but I thought only if the woman remarries is when child support is no longer needed.

Anyway, to the poster above me...I sorta agree. I dont know how old you are, but do you really need that?
Old 11-09-2013, 07:06 PM   #4
Rex123
Walk On

Male

CockyCash: 500
Rex123 is learning to peckRex123 is learning to peck

Find someone without any kids. Too much baggage.
Old 11-09-2013, 07:21 PM   #5
3MTA3
Game MVP

Male

3MTA3 is USC mascot material3MTA3 is USC mascot material3MTA3 is USC mascot material3MTA3 is USC mascot material3MTA3 is USC mascot material3MTA3 is USC mascot material3MTA3 is USC mascot material3MTA3 is USC mascot material3MTA3 is USC mascot material3MTA3 is USC mascot material3MTA3 is USC mascot material

You're right- he should support his kids, but are you saying you benefit in no way financially from the money he sends her, she uses it 100% on the kids? I would sure hope so, and even if the actual answer is no, I wouldn't expect someone to admit to it publicly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 11-09-2013, 07:22 PM   #6
Captain9Dragons
Forest Grump

Male

CockyCash: 22107959
Captain9Dragons is USC mascot materialCaptain9Dragons is USC mascot materialCaptain9Dragons is USC mascot materialCaptain9Dragons is USC mascot materialCaptain9Dragons is USC mascot materialCaptain9Dragons is USC mascot materialCaptain9Dragons is USC mascot materialCaptain9Dragons is USC mascot materialCaptain9Dragons is USC mascot materialCaptain9Dragons is USC mascot materialCaptain9Dragons is USC mascot material

nm

Last edited by Captain9Dragons; 11-09-2013 at 07:32 PM.
Old 11-09-2013, 07:25 PM   #7
RGHoskins
I'm Bad. I'm Nationwide!

Male

CockyCash: 26000805
RGHoskins is USC mascot materialRGHoskins is USC mascot materialRGHoskins is USC mascot materialRGHoskins is USC mascot materialRGHoskins is USC mascot materialRGHoskins is USC mascot materialRGHoskins is USC mascot materialRGHoskins is USC mascot materialRGHoskins is USC mascot materialRGHoskins is USC mascot materialRGHoskins is USC mascot material
Send a message via Yahoo to RGHoskins

Dude that sounds pretty messed up. Are you actively looking for a job? I think that's a requirement for being labeled "man of the house."

- Rick H-

Rest in Peace Jaymie, aka Feistyminx and C- Girl.
Old 11-09-2013, 07:30 PM   #8
eklypised
Two Deep

Male

CockyCash: 1467
eklypised rules the CockPiteklypised rules the CockPiteklypised rules the CockPiteklypised rules the CockPiteklypised rules the CockPiteklypised rules the CockPiteklypised rules the CockPiteklypised rules the CockPiteklypised rules the CockPiteklypised rules the CockPiteklypised rules the CockPit

I do pay the rent with my unemployment check
Old 11-09-2013, 07:30 PM   #9
Schecter
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 200
Schecter is USC mascot materialSchecter is USC mascot materialSchecter is USC mascot materialSchecter is USC mascot materialSchecter is USC mascot materialSchecter is USC mascot materialSchecter is USC mascot materialSchecter is USC mascot materialSchecter is USC mascot materialSchecter is USC mascot materialSchecter is USC mascot material

I wouldn't date someone with kids in the first place unless things were perfect. I double wouldn't date a girl with kids if i didn't have a job. You either need to man up, and both of you tell the truth to him, or just get out. Like someone else said, if there was some sort of, I assume, legal agreement with child support, he can't just stop sending it. If there wasn't, well that seems like her fault. This is almost a small comparison to people being on food stamps and welfare when the DON'T need to be.
Old 11-09-2013, 07:32 PM   #10
Gamecock1983
I kill threads.

Male

CockyCash: 10204
Gamecock1983 rules the CockPitGamecock1983 rules the CockPitGamecock1983 rules the CockPitGamecock1983 rules the CockPitGamecock1983 rules the CockPitGamecock1983 rules the CockPitGamecock1983 rules the CockPitGamecock1983 rules the CockPitGamecock1983 rules the CockPitGamecock1983 rules the CockPitGamecock1983 rules the CockPit

I agree with the posters above. Run away, fast. There's nothing wrong with kids, or a beautiful woman who has them. But, this woman is playing the ex hard. She will gladly do the same to you at some point.

If the money is an issue, there are legal avenues to have a court order the child support. This is some crazy backhanded tomfoolery.

If I'm being honest, at the risk of offending you, it sounds like she's leading him on about getting together to keep the money flowing. Otherwise, there would be NO REASON for you to have to vacate allowing him to spend a few nights with the lady.

Last edited by Gamecock1983; 11-09-2013 at 07:32 PM. Reason: added to it.
Old 11-09-2013, 07:34 PM   #11
2000grad
Unofficial WDW Expert

Male

CockyCash: 1000468
2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material

With the situation that you described, I'd say break the ties and start over

Old 11-09-2013, 07:36 PM   #12
3MTA3
Game MVP

Male

3MTA3 is USC mascot material3MTA3 is USC mascot material3MTA3 is USC mascot material3MTA3 is USC mascot material3MTA3 is USC mascot material3MTA3 is USC mascot material3MTA3 is USC mascot material3MTA3 is USC mascot material3MTA3 is USC mascot material3MTA3 is USC mascot material3MTA3 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by eklypised View Post
I do pay the rent with my unemployment check
But is any of the 'child support' money going to buy food you eat, utility bills you contribute to consumption-wise, or pay other types of expenses you help incur?

If so, then you've got no ground to stand on in criticizing how you might have to walk on egg shells when he's around.

Old 11-09-2013, 07:40 PM   #13
ShutTheSuccop
Go Cocks!

Male

CockyCash: 155567
ShutTheSuccop is USC mascot materialShutTheSuccop is USC mascot materialShutTheSuccop is USC mascot materialShutTheSuccop is USC mascot materialShutTheSuccop is USC mascot materialShutTheSuccop is USC mascot materialShutTheSuccop is USC mascot materialShutTheSuccop is USC mascot materialShutTheSuccop is USC mascot materialShutTheSuccop is USC mascot materialShutTheSuccop is USC mascot material

^i agree 100%

The fact you asked this on a message board proves your immaturity...time to move on...kids are being all sorts of bad messages and examples

See you on Maury Povich
Old 11-09-2013, 07:41 PM   #14
Rewster
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 200
Rewster rules the CockPitRewster rules the CockPitRewster rules the CockPitRewster rules the CockPitRewster rules the CockPitRewster rules the CockPitRewster rules the CockPitRewster rules the CockPitRewster rules the CockPitRewster rules the CockPitRewster rules the CockPit

Yuck. Bounce out of there. She will treat you like she treats him.

Also, as an addition, when my wife and I were separated pending divorce (which sounds a bit different than what you're dealing with) whenever I would stay a few nights we would most definitely do the nasty. I'd be willing to bet some real hard cash that she is indeed milking him to be able to continue milking him.
Old 11-09-2013, 07:47 PM   #15
gamecock231983
Starter

Male

CockyCash: 12113530
gamecock231983 is USC mascot materialgamecock231983 is USC mascot materialgamecock231983 is USC mascot materialgamecock231983 is USC mascot materialgamecock231983 is USC mascot materialgamecock231983 is USC mascot materialgamecock231983 is USC mascot materialgamecock231983 is USC mascot materialgamecock231983 is USC mascot materialgamecock231983 is USC mascot materialgamecock231983 is USC mascot material

So you pay the rent and still has to leave?.. Get out why you can bro.
Old 11-09-2013, 08:02 PM   #16
Order 66
2nd Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 100500
Order 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by RGHoskins View Post
Dude that sounds pretty messed up. Are you actively looking for a job? I think that's a requirement for being labeled "man of the house."
Truth spoken.
Old 11-09-2013, 08:07 PM   #17
Order 66
2nd Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 100500
Order 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot material

She picks him up and he stays at the house? Is she giving you some?

Something tells me this is one of the situations that either end up on Dateline or Maury.
Old 11-09-2013, 08:10 PM   #18
cocky0
The Slurp

Male

2009 Awards: Awards for best Posters - Given for: Best Signature 2008 Cockytalk Award: 2008 Cockytalk Award - Given for: 2008 Fark of the Year Christmas Farking Contest: Christmas Farking Contest - Given for: Winning Farking Contest 
CockyCash: 26100000
cocky0 is USC mascot materialcocky0 is USC mascot materialcocky0 is USC mascot materialcocky0 is USC mascot materialcocky0 is USC mascot materialcocky0 is USC mascot materialcocky0 is USC mascot materialcocky0 is USC mascot materialcocky0 is USC mascot materialcocky0 is USC mascot materialcocky0 is USC mascot material
Send a message via Yahoo to cocky0

Old 11-09-2013, 08:56 PM   #19
COCKDIESEL
Voice of Reason

Male

CWS Baseball Pickem Winner: CWS Baseball Pickem Winner - Given for: Winning the first CWS Pickem Contest 
CockyCash: 53400000
COCKDIESEL is USC mascot materialCOCKDIESEL is USC mascot materialCOCKDIESEL is USC mascot materialCOCKDIESEL is USC mascot materialCOCKDIESEL is USC mascot materialCOCKDIESEL is USC mascot materialCOCKDIESEL is USC mascot materialCOCKDIESEL is USC mascot materialCOCKDIESEL is USC mascot materialCOCKDIESEL is USC mascot materialCOCKDIESEL is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by TKE226 View Post
I think if he is the dad and there is an agreement in place, he should still be sending child support. I am not a lawyer but I thought only if the woman remarries is when child support is no longer needed.

Anyway, to the poster above me...I sorta agree. I dont know how old you are, but do you really need that?
That is not the case. Child support is given based on the legal agreement to the custodial parent usually until the child turns 18. Even if the child support is used on bills or groceries or even a trip to the movies then it is fine. There are so many daily expenses raising a child that the non custodial parent doesn't have to deal with, it is perfectly fine for the child support money to go into a general family fund.

Old 11-09-2013, 09:02 PM   #20
COCKDIESEL
Voice of Reason

Male

CWS Baseball Pickem Winner: CWS Baseball Pickem Winner - Given for: Winning the first CWS Pickem Contest 
CockyCash: 53400000
COCKDIESEL is USC mascot materialCOCKDIESEL is USC mascot materialCOCKDIESEL is USC mascot materialCOCKDIESEL is USC mascot materialCOCKDIESEL is USC mascot materialCOCKDIESEL is USC mascot materialCOCKDIESEL is USC mascot materialCOCKDIESEL is USC mascot materialCOCKDIESEL is USC mascot materialCOCKDIESEL is USC mascot materialCOCKDIESEL is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3MTA3 View Post
But is any of the 'child support' money going to buy food you eat, utility bills you contribute to consumption-wise, or pay other types of expenses you help incur?

If so, then you've got no ground to stand on in criticizing how you might have to walk on egg shells when he's around.

What about his money that goes into the bills that the child helps run up? That works both ways. Even if she uses the money to pay bills that he contributes to he pays for stuff the kids use. We just paid the mortgage at the beginning of the month, I didn't tell my stepsons dad to fork over a 3rd cause his kid lives here, that's ridiculous.

Closed Thread