CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Other Sports > The Locker Room

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
U-Dub Gamecock
ConwayGamecock
thumpin big
Gamecocks1137
b381l
FanofCarolina1
JerseyBird
carolinacocky
CockyInTexas
TheUniversityofSC
Could Pharoh Run the (1157)
Mullen Pulls QB's Sc (1110)
Huge recruiting week (1003)
Big George Statue (720)
TV?? (699)
ESPN's Mike Golic ke (670)
Fly_over tomorrow? (471)
No Shave November (464)
Scholarship Lounge B (387)
Awful Shooting Conti (312)
2014 Charleston Classic *
**USC vs. South Alabama G
Gamecock Men Have Been Fa
Awful Shooting Continues
TV??
Could Pharoh Run the O Li
River Bluff High School.
USC/South Alabama 11/22/2
Mullen Pulls QB's Scholar
CockyTalk Football Pickem

Old 06-30-2014, 06:41 PM   #1761
Cockypantherfan
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 200
Cockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot material
Default Re: Official World Cup 2014 Thread

Holy crap that goal was sick!
Cockypantherfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2014, 06:47 PM   #1762
ccured
What a Rush!!!

Male

CockyCash: 4058916
ccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot material

I am supposed to be training someone from 2-4 tomorrow. they are only getting 2-330. i will be home by 4.
ccured is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2014, 07:10 PM   #1763
ReadR00ster
2nd Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 1220
ReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by COCKYTALKIN View Post
Sort of, I guess. He said Chielini suffered the physical results of a bite as a result of colliding with him. Wow.
Well, all the garlic he eats should keep him from turning into a vampire.
ReadR00ster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2014, 07:15 PM   #1764
IBleedGarnetandBlack
never begs for rep.

Male

CockyCash: 75936304929
IBleedGarnetandBlack is USC mascot materialIBleedGarnetandBlack is USC mascot materialIBleedGarnetandBlack is USC mascot materialIBleedGarnetandBlack is USC mascot materialIBleedGarnetandBlack is USC mascot materialIBleedGarnetandBlack is USC mascot materialIBleedGarnetandBlack is USC mascot materialIBleedGarnetandBlack is USC mascot materialIBleedGarnetandBlack is USC mascot materialIBleedGarnetandBlack is USC mascot materialIBleedGarnetandBlack is USC mascot material

Knockout Stage
Round of 16QuartersSemisFinalSemisQuartersRound of 16
Brazil     Netherlands
6/28  Final  6/29
ChileBrazil TBD NetherlandsMexico
 7/4 @ 4:00pm 7/13 @ 3:00pm 7/5 @ 4:00pm
ColombiaColombia TBD Costa RicaCosta Rica
6/28     6/29
Uruguay TBD TBD Greece
  7/8 @ 4:00pm 7/9 @ 4:00pm 
France TBD TBD Argentina
6/30     7/1 @ 12:00pm
NigeriaFrance 3rd Place Game TBDSwitzerland
 7/4 @ 12:00pm TBD 7/5 @ 12:00pm
GermanyGermany 7/12 @ 4:00pm TBDBelgium
6/30  TBD  7/1 @ 4:00pm
Algeria     USA

IBleedGarnetandBlack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2014, 08:52 PM   #1765
IslandCock
Go! Fight! Win! Kick ASS!

Male

CockyCash: 13701490
IslandCock is crowing loudlyIslandCock is crowing loudlyIslandCock is crowing loudlyIslandCock is crowing loudlyIslandCock is crowing loudlyIslandCock is crowing loudlyIslandCock is crowing loudlyIslandCock is crowing loudlyIslandCock is crowing loudlyIslandCock is crowing loudlyIslandCock is crowing loudly

Quote:
South Carolina is a hotbed for world class soccer talent. In each of the past four World Cups, a former Gamecock player has made the United States' roster.

Clint Mathis started the tradition in 1998, just one year after his final season with the Gamecocks. He was a starting forward on the 2002 team and scored one of the more memorable goals in the nation's World Cup history against South Korea.

Josh Wolff, Mathis' teammate at South Carolina, played for the United States on the 2002 and 2006 World Cup teams. Brad Guzan has been the United States' backup goal keeper on the 2010 and 2014 World Cup teams.

Naturally, the question of "who's next?' is constantly on South Carolina coach Mark Berson's mind.
http://www.postandcourier.com/articl...-the-world-cup
IslandCock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2014, 10:20 PM   #1766
Ericvol2096
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 500
Ericvol2096 is USC mascot materialEricvol2096 is USC mascot materialEricvol2096 is USC mascot materialEricvol2096 is USC mascot materialEricvol2096 is USC mascot materialEricvol2096 is USC mascot materialEricvol2096 is USC mascot materialEricvol2096 is USC mascot materialEricvol2096 is USC mascot materialEricvol2096 is USC mascot materialEricvol2096 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by IBleedGarnetandBlack View Post
Knockout Stage
Round of 16QuartersSemisFinalSemisQuartersRound of 16
Brazil     Netherlands
6/28  Final  6/29
ChileBrazil TBD NetherlandsMexico
 7/4 @ 4:00pm 7/13 @ 3:00pm 7/5 @ 4:00pm
ColombiaColombia TBD Costa RicaCosta Rica
6/28     6/29
Uruguay TBD TBD Greece
  7/8 @ 4:00pm 7/9 @ 4:00pm 
France TBD TBD Argentina
6/30     7/1 @ 12:00pm
NigeriaFrance 3rd Place Game TBDSwitzerland
 7/4 @ 12:00pm TBD 7/5 @ 12:00pm
GermanyGermany 7/12 @ 4:00pm TBDBelgium
6/30  TBD  7/1 @ 4:00pm
Algeria     USA

Man I hope USA is bolded tomorrow night!
Ericvol2096 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2014, 11:00 PM   #1767
CockyLifer
Gamecocks R US MGMT

Male

CockyCash: 89095
CockyLifer rules the CockPitCockyLifer rules the CockPitCockyLifer rules the CockPitCockyLifer rules the CockPitCockyLifer rules the CockPitCockyLifer rules the CockPitCockyLifer rules the CockPitCockyLifer rules the CockPitCockyLifer rules the CockPitCockyLifer rules the CockPitCockyLifer rules the CockPit

Quote:
Originally Posted by womfalcs3 View Post
The US has a really good chance here. It is superior in many ways to Belgium and the winner of Argentina/Switzerland.

It wasn't the group of death. Two of the teams were non-issue.
Which 2 you are speaking of the fighting Rinaldos and Ghana right? Ghana is a very fast and good team. Portugal played very well you have to remember the facts when they were playing with all 11 men against Germany they were doing ok for a first World cup match of the year. All Hell broke loose when Germany had the number advantage.
THE University of SOUTH CAROLINA!

CockyLifer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2014, 11:04 PM   #1768
CockyLifer
Gamecocks R US MGMT

Male

CockyLifer rules the CockPitCockyLifer rules the CockPitCockyLifer rules the CockPitCockyLifer rules the CockPitCockyLifer rules the CockPitCockyLifer rules the CockPitCockyLifer rules the CockPitCockyLifer rules the CockPitCockyLifer rules the CockPitCockyLifer rules the CockPitCockyLifer rules the CockPit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gyle41386 View Post
Costa Rica! To the quarterfinals!
That was some of the best pks so far in this tourney by CR.

Old 06-30-2014, 11:07 PM   #1769
CockyLifer
Gamecocks R US MGMT

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by COCKYTALKIN View Post
Thought this was interesting...

Click the link above to see a full analysis. We were the lowest valued team in our group.
No shock there but we have and will prove them all wrong.

Old 06-30-2014, 11:11 PM   #1770
CockyLifer
Gamecocks R US MGMT

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by IslandCock View Post
I am glad that people are recognizing this but it is the State ESPN should do a story on this !

Old 06-30-2014, 11:13 PM   #1771
U-Dub Gamecock
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 58166
U-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot material

We have been the underdog since the group was announced. Keep playing.
Old 06-30-2014, 11:19 PM   #1772
CockyLifer
Gamecocks R US MGMT

Male

If we get by Belgium we really have a great shot at winning it all. I know I will catch Hell for this but looking around at all the other teams that are supposed to be favorites. None of them are world beating and with every game that the favorites struggle underdogs like us get to see the strategies that work against them and which don't. This won't only help us in this world cup it will help us in future ones should we start a vote thread on how long it will be before we win our 1st World cup?

Old 06-30-2014, 11:32 PM   #1773
CockyLifer
Gamecocks R US MGMT

Male

Also I have seen in most games this round that the team that loses came out with reckless abandon and played lights out in the beginning but didn't convert that into many goals. Then late in the game their wheels were gone and they end up losing late in ot or pks. Play hard but conserve some also this IS possible so you aren't all dead at the end.

Over/under on if Bradley shows up against Belgium because he has been in fla since the last send off a win against a Nigeria team that played really well in this tourney.

Old 07-01-2014, 01:24 AM   #1774
tkousc
Blue Chip

Male

tkousc is crowing loudlytkousc is crowing loudlytkousc is crowing loudlytkousc is crowing loudlytkousc is crowing loudlytkousc is crowing loudlytkousc is crowing loudlytkousc is crowing loudlytkousc is crowing loudlytkousc is crowing loudlytkousc is crowing loudly

I have a good feeling about tomorrow. There are a lot of things working in our favor. Belgium hasn't been tested by a good team yet. They haven't played a game up north yet. We're getting Altidore back. We finally got some rest. We go through 1-0 I'm calling it right now. Bring on Messi............
tkousc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2014, 06:48 AM   #1775
ccured
What a Rush!!!

Male

CockyCash: 4058916
ccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by tkousc View Post
I have a good feeling about tomorrow. There are a lot of things working in our favor. Belgium hasn't been tested by a good team yet. They haven't played a game up north yet. We're getting Altidore back. We finally got some rest. We go through 1-0 I'm calling it right now. Bring on Messi............
If jozy is healthy I have a good feeling as well. Him up top and Dempsey slid back some will help Bradley. At least I hope
ccured is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2014, 08:28 AM   #1776
LBC
2nd Team All-American

Male

LBC is USC mascot materialLBC is USC mascot materialLBC is USC mascot materialLBC is USC mascot materialLBC is USC mascot materialLBC is USC mascot materialLBC is USC mascot materialLBC is USC mascot materialLBC is USC mascot materialLBC is USC mascot materialLBC is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by ccured View Post
If jozy is healthy I have a good feeling as well. Him up top and Dempsey slid back some will help Bradley. At least I hope
There is no way Jozy is healthy enough to play this entire game. Available late if it goes 120 minutes I get but there is no way he can go from the beginning and today is no time to 'test' the leg.

I would love to be wrong but a hamstring injury like the one he clearly suffered doesn't fix itself in two weeks.
LBC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2014, 08:38 AM   #1777
LBC
2nd Team All-American

Male

LBC is USC mascot materialLBC is USC mascot materialLBC is USC mascot materialLBC is USC mascot materialLBC is USC mascot materialLBC is USC mascot materialLBC is USC mascot materialLBC is USC mascot materialLBC is USC mascot materialLBC is USC mascot materialLBC is USC mascot material

I was looking at the Belgium roster last night and it is impressive. It's hard to believe that such a small country could produce such a world class team. Kompany, Lukaku, Hazard, Fellaini, Mertens, Courtois, etc. It's insane.

I do think we will have to play our best game so far today to win but I do believe we will play that best game.

I Believe That We Will Win!!!

Oh yeah...DAMN YOU WORK!!!!!!!
LBC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2014, 08:48 AM   #1778
CockTail
Two Deep

Male

CockTail is USC mascot materialCockTail is USC mascot materialCockTail is USC mascot materialCockTail is USC mascot materialCockTail is USC mascot materialCockTail is USC mascot materialCockTail is USC mascot materialCockTail is USC mascot materialCockTail is USC mascot materialCockTail is USC mascot materialCockTail is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by CockyLifer View Post
I am glad that people are recognizing this but it is the State ESPN should do a story on this !

I believe if you listed the top 100 field players in the world, the USA would not have a single one. We win with guts and determination.
Old 07-01-2014, 09:03 AM   #1779
B-G
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

B-G is USC mascot materialB-G is USC mascot materialB-G is USC mascot materialB-G is USC mascot materialB-G is USC mascot materialB-G is USC mascot materialB-G is USC mascot materialB-G is USC mascot materialB-G is USC mascot materialB-G is USC mascot materialB-G is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by LBC View Post
I was looking at the Belgium roster last night and it is impressive. It's hard to believe that such a small country could produce such a world class team. Kompany, Lukaku, Hazard, Fellaini, Mertens, Courtois, etc. It's insane.

I do think we will have to play our best game so far today to win but I do believe we will play that best game.

I Believe That We Will Win!!!

Oh yeah...DAMN YOU WORK!!!!!!!
For as much talent on paper they have had, they do not look impressive.
Sure they won all 3 but they were not easy wins. (Algeria lead early and Belgium won it in the 80th, they beat Russia in the 88th 1-0 and beat Korea 1-0 in the 77th)

Also to help Vincent Kompany their captain is Doubtful and Thomas Vermaelen (arsenal D man and I believe Kompany's backup) is out as well.
B-G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2014, 09:09 AM   #1780
SR4-AJ1
Game MVP

Male

CockyCash: 9708333
SR4-AJ1 is crowing loudlySR4-AJ1 is crowing loudlySR4-AJ1 is crowing loudlySR4-AJ1 is crowing loudlySR4-AJ1 is crowing loudlySR4-AJ1 is crowing loudlySR4-AJ1 is crowing loudlySR4-AJ1 is crowing loudlySR4-AJ1 is crowing loudlySR4-AJ1 is crowing loudlySR4-AJ1 is crowing loudly

Quote:
Originally Posted by CockTail View Post
I believe if you listed the top 100 field players in the world, the USA would not have a single one. We win with guts and determination.

Sadly for as huge of a nation as we are this is true. The only two that could crack that list would be Timmy and Dempsey. Anyone else starting to get the nerves set in yet??

Anyone who can embed this not on a phone it's an awesome video check it out before our game!!
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=zaTmXuQr0LA

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
SR4-AJ1 is offline   Reply With Quote