CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Proving Ground

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
Gamecocks1137
thumpin big
U-Dub Gamecock
smoovecock
GregoryHouse
markymark550
rosstheboss
STEPHONGILMOREFAN!
Transmaniacon
robgusc76
2014 Charleston Clas (3022)
The Defense (1916)
**USC Women vs. San (1895)
Spurrier on Pharoah: (1541)
Women's soccer Sweet (1534)
3,000 / 1,000 / 1,00 (1091)
USC/clemson spread (801)
In case no one saw.. (742)
injury report? (670)
Your favorite Greate (457)
Dylan Thompson surpasses
Spurrier on Pharoah: &quo
Texans getting frustrated
The Defense
Question about after the
**USC Women vs. San Diego
2014 Charleston Classic:
Tiger Burn
A little late to the conv
What Are Your Win/Loss Ex

Closed Thread

Old 10-23-2012, 05:37 PM   #1
CoverTwo
CockyTalk's Recruitnik

Male

2009 Awards: Awards for best Posters - Given for: Best Football Poster of 2009 
CockyCash: 101200
CoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot material
Default 2015 - Freddie Phillips - NC State

Quote:
10/6/2012: Freddie Phillips unofficially visits South Carolina Gamecocks
per 247 Timeline

Rivals Bio

Scout Bio

247 Bio

As you walk down the fairway of life you must smell the roses, for you only get to play one round. - Ben Hogan
Old 04-19-2013, 10:50 AM   #2
CoverTwo
CockyTalk's Recruitnik

Male

CoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot material
Default Re: 2015 - Freddie Phillips

Quote:
Phillips is a tall, angular wide receiver who knows how to get open down the field. On Sunday, he flourished when going deep, making several big-play catches. He has a good frame, and the key for Phillips will be to add strength so he can be as effective getting off the line as he is when he goes deep.
Link: http://southcarolina.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1495973

As you walk down the fairway of life you must smell the roses, for you only get to play one round. - Ben Hogan
Old 07-18-2013, 12:53 PM   #3
CoverTwo
CockyTalk's Recruitnik

Male

Quote:
Rising junior WR Freddie Phillips (6-2 185) of Pelion will visit North Carolina Friday. The wide receiver is hearing from USC, Clemson, Florida, Florida State, North Carolina, Vanderbilt, NC State and Appalachian State “I’m going to visit North Carolina Friday and that should be nice up there,” said Phillips. “Coach (Gunter) Brewer wants me to come up and check it out. He said there is a camp going on later that day and I might do that while I’m there, but for now, I’m just going up for a visit.” Phillips has camped at USC, Florida and FSU this summer. Speaking on USC he said, “It was nice. I didn’t get to stay the whole day but I was there for a half-a-day. I got to work with coach (Steve) Spurrier, Jr. and he taught me some little things that I can take back to my school and work on.” He also enjoyed both camps in the state of Florida. Phillips has yet to receive an offer and does not have any favorites but expressed interest in Clemson and USC. “I like them both because they’re in-state schools and they play in big conferences,” he said. “I’ve been up to Clemson a couple of times and am talking to coach (Jeff) Scott. I’ve also been to USC a couple of times.” After his trip to UNC, he plans to focus on the season. “I may take some visits to catch some games, but I don’t have any plans yet,” said Phillips.
Link: http://sportstalksc.com/index.php/20...ck-magic-camp/

Old 08-25-2013, 10:21 PM   #4
CoverTwo
CockyTalk's Recruitnik

Male

Quote:
Junior WR Freddie Phillips of Pelion will be in Atlanta for Georgia Tech’s season opener versus Elon. Phillips says that his recruitment is picking up, though he has not received his first offer. “Things are going really well,” said Phillips. “We’ve got a new (offensive) system here and I like it a lot. Hopefully, I’ll get my first offer after a couple of games.” He continues to hear from USC, Clemson, Georgia Tech, Florida, Florida State and North Carolina among others. “I think Georgia Tech is showing the most interest right now since they’ve invited me to their first game,” he said. “I like them a lot. They have a great history and they also have a lot of receivers doing big things in the NFL.” The Gamecocks and Tigers have maintained contact with Phillips and he plans to attend games at each school this season. He does not have any favorites.
Link: http://sportstalksc.com/index.php/category/recruiting/

Old 09-10-2013, 11:08 PM   #5
CoverTwo
CockyTalk's Recruitnik

Male

Quote:
Junior WR Freddie Phillips of Pelion made his first trip this season taking in the Georgia Tech game versus Elon Saturday. His mother and father accompanied him to the game. “We got there a little late but I got a chance to go down on the field and see the pregame warm ups,” said Phillips. “We had a good time. It’s a nice place. Afterwards we got to meet with the coaches and they gave me a quick tour since I was late.” Phillips does not have any favorites but does like the Yellow Jackets. “They told me they’re definitely coming down to watch me play this season,” he said. “They told me they like what they’re seeing. Hopefully, that first offer will come soon.” Phillips continues to hear from Clemson, USC, North Carolina, NC State, Florida and Florida State as well. He has not planned his next trip. “I’m just waiting on the next school that invites me to a game,” said Phillips.
Link: http://sportstalksc.com/index.php/20...college-games/

Quote:
Junior WR Freddie Phillips of Pelion attended the Clemson-SC State game Saturday. Phillips attended the Georgia Tech season-opener last weekend after an invitation and was waiting for another school to invite him before deciding on his next visit. He did not have to wait long for his second visit this season. “Coach (Jeff) Scott sent and invite and I accepted it,” said Phillips. This will be his second trip to Clemson. “The Tigers have a really good receiving corps,” he said. “I’m pretty excited to see them play.” He will be accompanied by his mother and father to the game. Phillips likes the Tigers and is confident the feeling is mutual. “I think they’re pretty interested,” Phillips said. He is waiting on his first offer and does not have any favorites.
Link: http://sportstalksc.com/index.php/20...n-summerville/

Old 10-01-2013, 11:03 PM   #6
CoverTwo
CockyTalk's Recruitnik

Male

Quote:
WR Freddie Phillips of Pelion has his first offer on the board. North Carolina is the first school to make an offer to the junior standout. He’s also been drawing interest from Clemson, USC, NC State, Florida State, Florida, Vanderbilt, Georgia Tech and Appalachian State. He has been to Georgia Tech for a game this season.
Link: http://sportstalksc.com/index.php/20...e-his-decison/

Old 10-08-2013, 10:10 PM   #7
CoverTwo
CockyTalk's Recruitnik

Male

Quote:
NC State is the latest to offer junior WR Freddie Phillips of Pelion. The Wolfpack join North Carolina as the first two schools to offer the Pelion product. Phillips visited NC State last weekend and received his offer on the trip. “It was my parents first time in Raleigh,” Phillips said. “They really liked it and so did I. The fans really know how to stay in the game and engage the players. I got to meet coach (Dave) Doeren and he gave me the offer in person.” Phillips is excited about the offer but does not have any favorites just yet. “I like all schools that are interested in me,” he said. “Obviously, I like NC State and North Carolina because they’ve offered me but I’m pretty wide open right now.” Clemson has shown interest in Phillips and while visiting Death Valley the week of the SC State game, Phillips got to speak with some of the Tiger assistant coaches. “Coach (Brent) Venables and coach (Jeff) Scott both talked to me and they told me they were interested,” Phillips said. “My coach told me they’ve called him to ask about me, so we’ll see.” His next visit has yet to be scheduled but Phillips is planning to attend a game at USC this season.
Link: http://sportstalksc.com/index.php/20...s-commitments/

Old 10-31-2013, 12:00 AM   #8
CoverTwo
CockyTalk's Recruitnik

Male

Quote:
Class of 2015 WR Freddie Phillips of Pelion already has a couple of offers and continues to hear from several ACC and SEC schools. His latest visit was to Georgia. “I hear from coach coach (Mike) Bobo some and they’re showing some interest,” Phillips said. “I really enjoyed the trip. It was my first time there-seeing the campus and all of that-it was really nice.” Phillips is hearing from Clemson, USC and Florida State among others and has offers from North Carolina and NC State. Earlier in the season he visited the two schools picking up offers on each trip. With no immediate plans to attend another game, Phillips would like to make it over to Williams-Brice during the USC home stand. “I will definitely try to get out there for one or two games,” he said. “I haven’t looked at the schedule yet, but yeah, I want to get out there.” Phillips does not have a leader saying, “I haven’t been to USC yet so I don’t want to pick a favorite.”
Link: http://sportstalksc.com/index.php/20...-usc-saturday/

Old 01-31-2014, 12:48 AM   #9
CoverTwo
CockyTalk's Recruitnik

Male

Quote:
Junior WR Freddie Phillips of Pelion has remained in contact with former USC defensive line coach Brad Lawing. Lawing is now at Florida. The two continue to speak and Phillips may visit Gainesville. “He wants me to come down for a visit,” Phillips said. “I think I’ll probably go down there and check it out.” Currently, Phillips has offers from North Carolina and NC State. He has yet to visit UNC. “I did go there for a camp but they want me to come up with my mom and dad,” he said. “I want to get up there so I can really take a look at everything. I’m definitely interested and I liked the coaches.” Phillips has visited NC State and the Wolfpack were the first to offer him. “I went up there with my parents and we saw them play Central Michigan,” he said. “It was really nice. I’ve also been to a junior day there.” He plans to visit other schools this spring but has not finalized a schedule. Phillips wants to wait for more offers to see who is interested in his services before deciding on visits. He has not heard from Clemson or USC in some time. There are no favorites.
Link: http://sportstalksc.com/index.php/20...o-leave-state/

Quote:
WR Freddie Phillips of Pelion with travel to Raleigh this weekend for a junior day visit to NC State. He holds offers from State and North Carolina. Phillips has yet to visit Chapel Hill. Florida defensive line coach Brad Lawing has remained in contact with Phillips which could result in a visit to Gainesville down the road. He does not have any favorites.
Link: http://sportstalksc.com/index.php/20...visit-crucial/

Last edited by CoverTwo; 01-31-2014 at 01:14 AM.
Old 04-01-2014, 11:42 PM   #10
CoverTwo
CockyTalk's Recruitnik

Male

Quote:
Keep an eye on Freddie Phillips (Pelion, S.C.). He’s a 6-foot-2, 193-pound athlete who was originally projected as a wide receiver, but who has transitioned to safety. At that position, he’s at a different level prospect-wise. North Carolina, N.C. State, Charlotte and Coastal Carolina offered prior to Saturday and then Wake Forest offered on Saturday after Phillips and his family took the drive up to Winston-Salem for the Demon Deacons junior day
Link: http://247sports.com/Article/North-C...ke-Camp-185626

Old 04-04-2014, 01:19 AM   #11
CoverTwo
CockyTalk's Recruitnik

Male

Kornblut updates since NSD:

Quote:
While visiting Wake Forest Saturday, WR Freddie Phillips of Pelion picked up an offer from the Demon Deacons. It is his fourth.
Phillips was impressed with his trip.
“I really liked it,” Phillips said. “The campus was beautiful and the coaching staff really has a vision for what they want to accomplish.”
Wake Forest joins NC State, North Carolina and Charlotte as schools to offer Phillips. Though he enjoyed his trip over the weekend, Phillips does not have any favorites.
He attended a Rivals camp in Charlotte Sunday and plans to take more visits. He is unsure of his next trip. USC and Clemson are schools he would like to visit.
Link: http://sportstalksc.com/index.php/20...-latest-offer/

Old 05-24-2014, 01:17 AM   #12
CoverTwo
CockyTalk's Recruitnik

Male

Committed to NC State.

Closed Thread