CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Community > The Water Cooler

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
b381l
ReadR00ster
A. Pilgrim
Gamecocks1137
PageUSC
kingofnerf
taylorssc
Spurticus
thekob
4Runner
Juco QBs? (2058)
How do you want Aubu (1722)
Auburn/USC point spr (1681)
If the Head Ball Coa (1136)
Whenever I Get Depre (827)
Mike Davis Stiff Arm (671)
To ANYONE complainin (655)
Does South Carolina (619)
Tennessee Game Time (466)
Peyton Manning break (290)
Does South Carolina still
Auburn/USC point spread
To ANYONE complaining abo
Final 4 Predictions
How do you want Auburn to
2014 Garnet and Black Wor
Tennessee kickoff announc
CockyTalk Football Pickem
If the Head Ball Coach re
2014 Ultimate Tailgate --

Old 05-30-2014, 08:50 PM   #21
HeadCockFan
...where the Pampers is.

Male

CockyCash: 202781
HeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot material
Default Re: Dogs running free in my neighborhood.

You handled it the way I would have.
HeadCockFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2014, 09:14 PM   #22
FearThethumbandDJ
Starter

Male

CockyCash: 1000
FearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPitFearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPitFearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPitFearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPitFearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPitFearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPitFearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPitFearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPitFearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPitFearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPitFearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPit

Quote:
Originally Posted by cockymac View Post
Call Mike Vick. He'll know what to do.
i hope you spill a drink on aaron hernandez
FearThethumbandDJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2014, 10:52 PM   #23
Gamecocks1137
Apparent Sunshine Pumper

Male

CockyCash: 200
Gamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot material

This is no joke. This happens far to often and not long ago we had a video of a young boy being attacked. Also might I add, that just because a dog may appear harmless does not mean they are. Ask anyone who has ever been attacked, and they will tell you, there is nothing harmless about a mammal with teeth that can rip you throat open in less than 2 seconds.
Cockytalk's own conspiracy theorist.
Gamecocks1137 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2014, 10:57 PM   #24
Copperhead
Fight, Win, Kick Ass

Male

CockyCash: 1080
Copperhead has developed his gaff and talonsCopperhead has developed his gaff and talonsCopperhead has developed his gaff and talonsCopperhead has developed his gaff and talonsCopperhead has developed his gaff and talonsCopperhead has developed his gaff and talonsCopperhead has developed his gaff and talonsCopperhead has developed his gaff and talonsCopperhead has developed his gaff and talonsCopperhead has developed his gaff and talonsCopperhead has developed his gaff and talons

Owners obviously have no respect for any for their neighbors....,some ppl need traing more than a dog

Gotta love it
Copperhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2014, 10:58 PM   #25
RGHoskins
I'm Bad. I'm Nationwide!

Male

CockyCash: 26000805
RGHoskins is USC mascot materialRGHoskins is USC mascot materialRGHoskins is USC mascot materialRGHoskins is USC mascot materialRGHoskins is USC mascot materialRGHoskins is USC mascot materialRGHoskins is USC mascot materialRGHoskins is USC mascot materialRGHoskins is USC mascot materialRGHoskins is USC mascot materialRGHoskins is USC mascot material
Send a message via Yahoo to RGHoskins

Do what you have to do to protect your family. Period. Dogs aren't your children and you've made reasonable effort to handle this diplomatically.

- Rick H-

Rest in Peace Jaymie, aka Feistyminx and C- Girl.
RGHoskins is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2014, 11:14 PM   #26
eatlighting
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 500
eatlighting is USC mascot materialeatlighting is USC mascot materialeatlighting is USC mascot materialeatlighting is USC mascot materialeatlighting is USC mascot materialeatlighting is USC mascot materialeatlighting is USC mascot materialeatlighting is USC mascot materialeatlighting is USC mascot materialeatlighting is USC mascot materialeatlighting is USC mascot material

I feel ya, man. Similar problem here. I moved into a neighborhood recently and found out quickly that my next door neighbor and another family up the street just kind of let their dogs roam.

My next door neighbor in particular has these two IDIOT mutts that are the very definition of worthless. They aren't even pets. They have collars, and they are fed. That's it. No fetch. No sit. No following the owner or his family around. They just roam constantly, and when they aren't doing that, they are dragging dead animals in my yard, following me when I go running, dropping mammoth deuces on everyone's lawn, and just general dog-douche baggery.

You're probably thinking, "How can any dog be a douche?" Well, I thought the same until I met these a-holes. I'm a life-long dog lover. These aren't friendly good natured dogs. These are loser d-bag people who have died and returned as idiot dogs.

Long story short, my neighbor is a super nice guy. Apparently he loves these filthy morons, although I never see him do anything with them.

I really hate to have his dogs picked up, but I can't stand those idiots. I paid to live in a nice house in a nice neighborhood, but the fantasy gets tinged a bit when those mongrels come strolling through my yard like they own the joint.

Oh, and yes. They absolutely howl from 11:45 until 12:30 every single night ever and for always ever. On. The. Freakin. Dot.
eatlighting is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2014, 11:21 PM   #27
CaptainCock91
Starter

Male

CockyCash: 495
CaptainCock91 is USC mascot materialCaptainCock91 is USC mascot materialCaptainCock91 is USC mascot materialCaptainCock91 is USC mascot materialCaptainCock91 is USC mascot materialCaptainCock91 is USC mascot materialCaptainCock91 is USC mascot materialCaptainCock91 is USC mascot materialCaptainCock91 is USC mascot materialCaptainCock91 is USC mascot materialCaptainCock91 is USC mascot material

You did the right thing. First off, I don't know anywhere that there isn't a law that says dogs should be restrained somewhere (via. fence, invisible fence, leash, runner, etc.). These people have no concern for their dogs safety, as they allow them to roam freely throughout the neighborhood, where they could easily be run over. They are disrespectful to their neighbors, as the dogs are free to do their business in their yards. Cleaning up after your own dog is bad enough, let alone someone else's dog.

We have this problem with one of our neighbors letting their cat roam throughout the neighborhood. I'm probably not going to feel sorry when it makes its way into the back yard and my dog catches it. We have called the city about it enough, the owners know they shouldn't let it out.
Old 05-31-2014, 12:27 AM   #28
Flameout12
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 100500
Flameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot material

Call animal control....the owners are breaking the law. Let them pay the fine for getting their dogs out of the pound.
Flameout12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2014, 12:39 AM   #29
b381l
Heisman Winner

Male

CockyCash: 52205
b381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot material

If my small child had been threatened, I would have absolutely no problem killing each one of the dogs.....poison works fine.
b381l is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2014, 12:46 AM   #30
kingoftheroost
la-la-la

Male

CockyCash: 1000000
kingoftheroost is USC mascot materialkingoftheroost is USC mascot materialkingoftheroost is USC mascot materialkingoftheroost is USC mascot materialkingoftheroost is USC mascot materialkingoftheroost is USC mascot materialkingoftheroost is USC mascot materialkingoftheroost is USC mascot materialkingoftheroost is USC mascot materialkingoftheroost is USC mascot materialkingoftheroost is USC mascot material

Thanks for the feedback everyone. It's nice to know I'm not the only one who feels like the owners should take responsibility for their dogs and secure them like everyone else in the neighborhood does.

For what it's worth, I've found out lots of my neighbors despise the dogs having free reign and have disliked it for quite a while, but no one has stepped up to do anything about it, so when I talked to some of them, they were all glad I called animal control.
Old 05-31-2014, 01:04 AM   #31
Gaichon
Chartreuse Microbus, 10-4

Male

Gaichon is USC mascot materialGaichon is USC mascot materialGaichon is USC mascot materialGaichon is USC mascot materialGaichon is USC mascot materialGaichon is USC mascot materialGaichon is USC mascot materialGaichon is USC mascot materialGaichon is USC mascot materialGaichon is USC mascot materialGaichon is USC mascot material

A tasty bowl of anti-freeze may help. They tend to love it.

Gaichon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2014, 01:50 AM   #32
Gamecocks1137
Apparent Sunshine Pumper

Male

Gamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gaichon View Post
Yeah, don't do that. Just call the pound, no need to get all stupid.
Old 05-31-2014, 03:10 AM   #33
GamecockDad1531
Two Deep

Male

GamecockDad1531 is USC mascot materialGamecockDad1531 is USC mascot materialGamecockDad1531 is USC mascot materialGamecockDad1531 is USC mascot materialGamecockDad1531 is USC mascot materialGamecockDad1531 is USC mascot materialGamecockDad1531 is USC mascot materialGamecockDad1531 is USC mascot materialGamecockDad1531 is USC mascot materialGamecockDad1531 is USC mascot materialGamecockDad1531 is USC mascot material

Yeah, this is a growing epidemic. Apparently, packs of wild dogs are roaming most of the major cities in America.
GamecockDad1531 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2014, 03:13 AM   #34
Carolina4Life
1st Team All-Pro

Male

Carolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot material

Old 05-31-2014, 03:56 AM   #35
Gamecocks1137
Apparent Sunshine Pumper

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by GamecockDad1531 View Post
Yeah, this is a growing epidemic. Apparently, packs of wild dogs are roaming most of the major cities in America.
Ricky Bobby said they are in all our major inner cities. Time to buy some anti-freeze.
Old 05-31-2014, 08:15 AM   #36
ccured
What a Rush!!!

Male

CockyCash: 3896416
ccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot material

All yall advocating for antifreeze poisoning are worthless. If you want to kill the dogs fine but just shoot them and be done with it. There is no need to torture a dog and subject it to liver, kidney, and brain damage if they survive and a slow agonizing death if they don't. Be a ****ing man and handle your business if you want to put the dog down. Calling animal control was the right play. You shouldn't have talked to other neighbors about it though. If they were too scared or nervous to call animals control they are likely to give you up if confronted by the dog owner. Should have kept it to yourself
ccured is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2014, 08:35 AM   #37
The Yancey
Grumpy Old Fart

Male

2009 Awards: Awards for best Posters - Given for: Best Signature 
CockyCash: 4751350
The Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.C. View Post
Is this a joke? He called for the safety of his kid..Also how are they gonna know who called?
No, not a joke. He has now marked himself and his family known as enemies to at least one family in that neighborhood. Mongrels of the two legged variety are FAR more dangerous than the four legged. Situations like this often do not end well. He needs to make end game preparations such as being armed and seeking his own legal counsel now. I would begin a search for a new home as well.

Order Of The Spur
The Yancey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2014, 10:01 AM   #38
Flameout12
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 100500
Flameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gaichon View Post
And potentially poison any other animal that thinks it's something to drink? Just shoot them...and you don't have to kill them...pellet guns work fine
Flameout12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2014, 10:36 AM   #39
kingoftheroost
la-la-la

Male

CockyCash: 1000000
kingoftheroost is USC mascot materialkingoftheroost is USC mascot materialkingoftheroost is USC mascot materialkingoftheroost is USC mascot materialkingoftheroost is USC mascot materialkingoftheroost is USC mascot materialkingoftheroost is USC mascot materialkingoftheroost is USC mascot materialkingoftheroost is USC mascot materialkingoftheroost is USC mascot materialkingoftheroost is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Yancey View Post
No, not a joke. He has now marked himself and his family known as enemies to at least one family in that neighborhood. Mongrels of the two legged variety are FAR more dangerous than the four legged. Situations like this often do not end well. He needs to make end game preparations such as being armed and seeking his own legal counsel now. I would begin a search for a new home as well.
They have no legal case, because they are in violation of the law, not I. I'm not going to move because someone chose not to control their dogs.

I've seen the SC leash law be enforced in a way I didn't agree with. Several years ago, my sister-in-law had a Rottweiler that was kept in the backyard on a runner. Every once in a while, the dog would be let off the runner to play with the owners and roam around the yard. Some kids who lived down the street would come up every so often for different reasons, usually trying to sell different things for school. It just so happened that one day the kids came up and brought their poodle with them. The Rottweiler was not on the runner at the time, and she was being fed. The poodle made the mistake of going right to the food bowl, and you can probably guess how that went. Here's the thing; even though the Rottweiler was in its own yard at its food bowl (that is where the dog would have normally been anyway if it had been attached to the runner), my sister-in-law was forced by a judge to pay half of the replacement cost of the poodle simply because the Rottweiler wasn't actually on the runner.

So in comparison, this case of the violation of the leash law is much more obvious. But it's worrisome to know you would rather take the chance of letting your kids or grandkids get hurt or killed by a group of dogs because you don't want to upset the balance.

Last edited by kingoftheroost; 05-31-2014 at 10:50 AM.
kingoftheroost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2014, 03:07 PM   #40
The Yancey
Grumpy Old Fart

Male

2009 Awards: Awards for best Posters - Given for: Best Signature 
CockyCash: 4751350
The Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingoftheroost View Post
They have no legal case, because they are in violation of the law, not I. I'm not going to move because someone chose not to control their dogs.

I've seen the SC leash law be enforced in a way I didn't agree with. Several years ago, my sister-in-law had a Rottweiler that was kept in the backyard on a runner. Every once in a while, the dog would be let off the runner to play with the owners and roam around the yard. Some kids who lived down the street would come up every so often for different reasons, usually trying to sell different things for school. It just so happened that one day the kids came up and brought their poodle with them. The Rottweiler was not on the runner at the time, and she was being fed. The poodle made the mistake of going right to the food bowl, and you can probably guess how that went. Here's the thing; even though the Rottweiler was in its own yard at its food bowl (that is where the dog would have normally been anyway if it had been attached to the runner), my sister-in-law was forced by a judge to pay half of the replacement cost of the poodle simply because the Rottweiler wasn't actually on the runner.

So in comparison, this case of the violation of the leash law is much more obvious. But it's worrisome to know you would rather take the chance of letting your kids or grandkids get hurt or killed by a group of dogs because you don't want to upset the balance.
I don't know your neighborhood. If these are the people there are you really providing a good environment for your family? A leash law will not protect your children from anything from taunts to beatings to shootings.

Order Of The Spur
The Yancey is offline   Reply With Quote