CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Other Sports > The Locker Room

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
COCKYTALKIN
gamecockgal
MWard
Spurticus
uscjeremynca
75CarolinaFan
B-G
sanford
b381l
TheUniversityofSC
Top 10 Reasons Why T (2169)
Sidney Rice Retiring (1727)
SOS Dominating SEC M (459)
Bonefish Grill (452)
What Are The Most Im (382)
Places to eat in Con (303)
Tenn vs WVU in Charl (302)
This Song is the F'i (294)
FAIRGROUNDS PARKING (198)
George Harrison Memo (182)
Kansas to invest $75 mill
Missing that annual relea
Places To Eat In Beufort
Sidney Rice Retiring From
2014 Atlanta Braves Seaso
Official WWE Thread
NFL Evaluations of underc
Rory Anderson Questionabl
Jaguars Justin Blackmon A
Texags

Old 06-02-2014, 01:07 AM   #1
Lee W
Walk On

Male

CockyCash: 500
Lee W is sharpening his clawsLee W is sharpening his clawsLee W is sharpening his clawsLee W is sharpening his claws
Default Columbia minor leauge team

So since the minor leauge stadium deal got approved... What is your suggestion for the name of the team? Also will you consider attending their games? And also I understand that the city is paying $29 million out of the $36 million cost. <

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk
Lee W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2014, 03:15 AM   #2
CockyLifer
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 99095
CockyLifer has developed his gaff and talonsCockyLifer has developed his gaff and talonsCockyLifer has developed his gaff and talonsCockyLifer has developed his gaff and talonsCockyLifer has developed his gaff and talonsCockyLifer has developed his gaff and talonsCockyLifer has developed his gaff and talonsCockyLifer has developed his gaff and talonsCockyLifer has developed his gaff and talonsCockyLifer has developed his gaff and talonsCockyLifer has developed his gaff and talons
Default Re: Columbia minor leauge team

Nah no interest
THE University of SOUTH CAROLINA!

CockyLifer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2014, 05:51 AM   #3
Gamecocks1137
Bowl MVP

Male

Gamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot material

Cresent moons seems like a good name.

"Are you a millionaire right now?" 'Nah, not yet. I'm still broke." - Jadeveon Clowney

Cockytalk's own conspiracy theorist.
Gamecocks1137 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2014, 06:08 AM   #4
TucockShakur
Walk On

Male

TucockShakur is sharpening his clawsTucockShakur is sharpening his clawsTucockShakur is sharpening his clawsTucockShakur is sharpening his clawsTucockShakur is sharpening his claws

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gamecocks1137 View Post
Gorgets
TucockShakur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2014, 08:09 AM   #5
COCKDIESEL
Voice of Reason

Male

CWS Baseball Pickem Winner: CWS Baseball Pickem Winner - Given for: Winning the first CWS Pickem Contest 
CockyCash: 53400000
COCKDIESEL is USC mascot materialCOCKDIESEL is USC mascot materialCOCKDIESEL is USC mascot materialCOCKDIESEL is USC mascot materialCOCKDIESEL is USC mascot materialCOCKDIESEL is USC mascot materialCOCKDIESEL is USC mascot materialCOCKDIESEL is USC mascot materialCOCKDIESEL is USC mascot materialCOCKDIESEL is USC mascot materialCOCKDIESEL is USC mascot material

I think using something like Fire Ants would be good. I know USC Sumter uses it but I think it would be a good name.

COCKDIESEL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2014, 08:53 AM   #6
davidmc467
Little Engine That Could

Male

davidmc467 is USC mascot materialdavidmc467 is USC mascot materialdavidmc467 is USC mascot materialdavidmc467 is USC mascot materialdavidmc467 is USC mascot materialdavidmc467 is USC mascot materialdavidmc467 is USC mascot materialdavidmc467 is USC mascot materialdavidmc467 is USC mascot materialdavidmc467 is USC mascot materialdavidmc467 is USC mascot material

It'll be A ball, so every so often a Gamecock may pass through pretty quickly after leaving campus.

However, it'll be hard for me to support the team given how the city of Columbia has handled this whole thing. Don't want to get political though.
Old 06-02-2014, 09:38 AM   #7
RoosterBooster
2nd Team All-SEC

CockyCash: 100500
RoosterBooster is USC mascot materialRoosterBooster is USC mascot materialRoosterBooster is USC mascot materialRoosterBooster is USC mascot materialRoosterBooster is USC mascot materialRoosterBooster is USC mascot materialRoosterBooster is USC mascot materialRoosterBooster is USC mascot materialRoosterBooster is USC mascot materialRoosterBooster is USC mascot materialRoosterBooster is USC mascot material

I think they should stick with the Bombers. Not Capital City, but Columbia. Then incorporate an SC armed forces museum into the stadium.
Old 06-02-2014, 09:43 AM   #8
A. Pilgrim
4-Star

Male

A. Pilgrim is crowing loudlyA. Pilgrim is crowing loudlyA. Pilgrim is crowing loudlyA. Pilgrim is crowing loudlyA. Pilgrim is crowing loudlyA. Pilgrim is crowing loudlyA. Pilgrim is crowing loudlyA. Pilgrim is crowing loudlyA. Pilgrim is crowing loudlyA. Pilgrim is crowing loudlyA. Pilgrim is crowing loudly

Just go ahead and call them the Columbia Coots

Usurp the derogatory name that dumbass clem5on fans have tried to label our Gamecocks with. That way, every time a clem5on fan refers to 'coots' everyone can just assume they're talking about the minor league baseball team.
A. Pilgrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2014, 09:44 AM   #9
weatheredxtown
Master of Minutia

Male

CockyCash: 200
weatheredxtown has developed his gaff and talonsweatheredxtown has developed his gaff and talonsweatheredxtown has developed his gaff and talonsweatheredxtown has developed his gaff and talonsweatheredxtown has developed his gaff and talonsweatheredxtown has developed his gaff and talonsweatheredxtown has developed his gaff and talonsweatheredxtown has developed his gaff and talonsweatheredxtown has developed his gaff and talonsweatheredxtown has developed his gaff and talonsweatheredxtown has developed his gaff and talons

Man I loved going to Bombers games when I was little, and still have some Bombers merch. It'd be nice to bring them back.
Old 06-02-2014, 10:35 AM   #10
MisterClowney
It's A Revolution

Male

CockyCash: 685
MisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by A. Pilgrim View Post

Usurp the derogatory name that dumbass clem5on fans have tried to label our Gamecocks with. That way, every time a clem5on fan refers to 'coots' everyone can just assume they're talking about the minor league baseball team.
Ohhh I like that.

Cola Coots.

My other choices:

Columbia Potholes - for obvious reasons
Columbia Humidity - for uncomfortably obvious reasons
Columbia Psychos or Columbia Crazies - based off of the new location being on Bull St near the old crazy houses.
Columbia Clowneys
Columbia Spurs
Columbia Crescents

Follow Gamecockology on Instagram, Twitter and Facebook.
MisterClowney is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2014, 10:40 AM   #11
Cockypantherfan
1st Team All-SEC

Male

Cockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot material

How about the Columbia "No see ems"

**Fun fact: "No see ems" was actually Erik's nickname in HS
Cockypantherfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2014, 10:40 AM   #12
Cockypantherfan
1st Team All-SEC

Male

Cockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterClowney View Post
Ohhh I like that.

Cola Coots.

My other choices:

Columbia Potholes - for obvious reasons
Columbia Humidity - for uncomfortably obvious reasons
Columbia Psychos or Columbia Crazies - based off of the new location being on Bull St near the old crazy houses.
Columbia Clowneys
Columbia Spurs
Columbia Crescents
I actually think Columbia Crescents could be a realistic name for the team... I like it.
Cockypantherfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2014, 10:59 AM   #13
COCKYTALKIN
Household Name

Male

CockyCash: 24390296
COCKYTALKIN is USC mascot materialCOCKYTALKIN is USC mascot materialCOCKYTALKIN is USC mascot materialCOCKYTALKIN is USC mascot materialCOCKYTALKIN is USC mascot materialCOCKYTALKIN is USC mascot materialCOCKYTALKIN is USC mascot materialCOCKYTALKIN is USC mascot materialCOCKYTALKIN is USC mascot materialCOCKYTALKIN is USC mascot materialCOCKYTALKIN is USC mascot material

I might go once or twice if I don't have to pay.

It's on Bull St. right? How about...

Columbia Bulls

Their merchandise can be... well... fill in the blank.
Old 06-02-2014, 11:11 AM   #14
bigdog2003
Future Coaching Legend

Male

CockyCash: 999762
bigdog2003 is USC mascot materialbigdog2003 is USC mascot materialbigdog2003 is USC mascot materialbigdog2003 is USC mascot materialbigdog2003 is USC mascot materialbigdog2003 is USC mascot materialbigdog2003 is USC mascot materialbigdog2003 is USC mascot materialbigdog2003 is USC mascot materialbigdog2003 is USC mascot materialbigdog2003 is USC mascot material

With all the rivers in the area, River Bandits.

bigdog2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2014, 11:28 AM   #15
MisterClowney
It's A Revolution

Male

CockyCash: 685
MisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cockypantherfan View Post
I actually think Columbia Crescents could be a realistic name for the team... I like it.
Same here!

Follow Gamecockology on Instagram, Twitter and Facebook.
MisterClowney is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2014, 11:57 AM   #16
eightohhthree
Did you get ahold of 'em?

Male

eightohhthree is USC mascot materialeightohhthree is USC mascot materialeightohhthree is USC mascot materialeightohhthree is USC mascot materialeightohhthree is USC mascot materialeightohhthree is USC mascot materialeightohhthree is USC mascot materialeightohhthree is USC mascot materialeightohhthree is USC mascot materialeightohhthree is USC mascot materialeightohhthree is USC mascot material
Send a message via MSN to eightohhthree

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gamecocks1137 View Post
Crescent Moons might be a bit aggressive. I was thinking Gibbous Moons. I know I'm an idiot.
Old 06-02-2014, 12:16 PM   #17
markp_vip
Bowl MVP

Male

CockyCash: 6001866
markp_vip is USC mascot materialmarkp_vip is USC mascot materialmarkp_vip is USC mascot materialmarkp_vip is USC mascot materialmarkp_vip is USC mascot materialmarkp_vip is USC mascot materialmarkp_vip is USC mascot materialmarkp_vip is USC mascot materialmarkp_vip is USC mascot materialmarkp_vip is USC mascot materialmarkp_vip is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by A. Pilgrim View Post

Nah, I like the Tater Haters. Plus every wednesday is free mashed tater night. One free bowl of mashed taters with ticket stub at your local KFC.
Recently the difference between Clemson and Carolina has become clear. While Irrational People Talk About Yesterday, The Rational Ones Orchestrate Success Today. So as they desperately cling to their history, we continue to make history day by day.
markp_vip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2014, 02:25 PM   #18
smoovecock
The Gamecock Pimps Daddy

Male

2009 Awards: Awards for best Posters - Given for: Homecoming King 
smoovecock is USC mascot materialsmoovecock is USC mascot materialsmoovecock is USC mascot materialsmoovecock is USC mascot materialsmoovecock is USC mascot materialsmoovecock is USC mascot materialsmoovecock is USC mascot materialsmoovecock is USC mascot materialsmoovecock is USC mascot materialsmoovecock is USC mascot materialsmoovecock is USC mascot material

The Flops...cause this whole deal is going to flop......not to mention the money the city is going to spend getting the team in here....It is a bad deal for folks in Columbia and if I lived there I would be raising a stir for sure...
Old 06-02-2014, 03:26 PM   #19
weatheredxtown
Master of Minutia

Male

weatheredxtown has developed his gaff and talonsweatheredxtown has developed his gaff and talonsweatheredxtown has developed his gaff and talonsweatheredxtown has developed his gaff and talonsweatheredxtown has developed his gaff and talonsweatheredxtown has developed his gaff and talonsweatheredxtown has developed his gaff and talonsweatheredxtown has developed his gaff and talonsweatheredxtown has developed his gaff and talonsweatheredxtown has developed his gaff and talonsweatheredxtown has developed his gaff and talons

Quote:
Originally Posted by smoovecock View Post
The Flops...cause this whole deal is going to flop......not to mention the money the city is going to spend getting the team in here....It is a bad deal for folks in Columbia and if I lived there I would be raising a stir for sure...
A lot of people here are all for it
Old 06-02-2014, 03:29 PM   #20
2000grad
Unofficial WDW Expert

Male

CockyCash: 1000468
2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by eightohhthree View Post
Crescent Moons might be a bit aggressive. I was thinking Gibbous Moons. I know I'm an idiot.
waxing or waning?

2000grad is offline   Reply With Quote