CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Community > The Water Cooler

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
b381l
Gamecocks1137
U-Dub Gamecock
johnnyb
Cockhornleghorn
GamecockMomSC
2000grad
markymark550
Regalcock
JaxcockFL
We Have to Pass (2199)
Rivalry Thoughts and (1619)
Spurrier weekly pres (1475)
This would be awesom (967)
How is Shaq Davidson (787)
McConaughey cast as (563)
Perspective on our g (536)
SEC referees? (400)
Defense and offense (369)
Currently 2nd in att (359)
Coaching Carousel 2014/15
Currently 2nd in attendan
Interesting stat
Rivalry Thoughts and Pred
Why has there been 40 yea
We Have to Pass
SEC referees?
RG3 - Struggles Not Getti
2015 - Darius Slayton
College Football PSA (urg

Old 05-27-2014, 12:02 AM   #1
robgusc76
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 101200
robgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot material
Send a message via AIM to robgusc76
Default Giant asteroid possibly on collision course with Earth

This one is a little scarier warnings from the past!

Quote:
If astronomers are right, all life on this planet could be extinguished in less than 30 years from now. Scientists at NASA's Jet Propulsion Laboratory have detected a large object the size of Manhattan possibly on a collision course with Earth. Using their Near-Earth Object Wide-field Infrared Survey Explorer (NEOWISE), the 10-mile wide object was found approximately 51 million miles from Earth. Scientists believe that during a close encounter with Mars, the asteroid was nudged slightly off its usual orbit and may currently be on a high speed collision course with our fragile planet.
http://ireport.cnn.com/docs/DOC-1137095
robgusc76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2014, 12:07 AM   #2
FearThethumbandDJ
Starter

Male

CockyCash: 1000
FearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPitFearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPitFearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPitFearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPitFearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPitFearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPitFearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPitFearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPitFearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPitFearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPitFearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPit
Default Re: Giant asteroid possibly on collision course with Earth

Hopefully it hits detroit, chicago, miami or the middle east.
FearThethumbandDJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2014, 12:16 AM   #3
SterlingBrooks
Lock Down Corner

Male

CockyCash: 180386
SterlingBrooks is USC mascot materialSterlingBrooks is USC mascot materialSterlingBrooks is USC mascot materialSterlingBrooks is USC mascot materialSterlingBrooks is USC mascot materialSterlingBrooks is USC mascot materialSterlingBrooks is USC mascot materialSterlingBrooks is USC mascot materialSterlingBrooks is USC mascot materialSterlingBrooks is USC mascot materialSterlingBrooks is USC mascot material

we
Quote:
Originally Posted by FearThethumbandDJ View Post
Hopefully it hits detroit, chicago, miami or the middle east.
Doesn't matter where it hits we would all be toast. At least we have 30 years though.
Old 05-27-2014, 12:19 AM   #4
Gamecocks1137
Apparent Sunshine Pumper

Male

CockyCash: 996351
Gamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot material

It is time to fund NASA more, and fund our Military Space Weapons program. If this thing hits earth, we are all dead. An asteroid that size would wipe everything out, it's collision would darken our planet and potentially upset the earth's plates, essentially sending us into an earthquake/volcanic nightmare. What if it hit the ocean? You think that pacific tsunami was bad? Imagine a 700ft high wall of water hitting every coast around the epicenter of the impact. Not to mention the dust and radiation it will bring and stir up into our atmosphere. We need to develop a weapon strong enough to blow this thing to smithereens. An asteroid that size, will end all life as we know it. Start building now.
Cockytalk's own conspiracy theorist.
Gamecocks1137 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2014, 12:29 AM   #5
M.C.
The original "Mastercock"

Male

CockyCash: 200
M.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot material
Send a message via AIM to M.C.

i call bull crap on that article.

All you Clemson Tigers Can Kiss My Garnet Ass -M.C.
M.C. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2014, 12:29 AM   #6
Gamecocks1137
Apparent Sunshine Pumper

Male

Gamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot material

Ok, so I reread this and caught March 35th as the date? This is from a CNN I reporter. This is a fake. Thanks for worrying the shit out of me for nothing haha.
Old 05-27-2014, 12:36 AM   #7
M.C.

Male

M.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gamecocks1137 View Post
Ok, so I reread this and caught March 35th as the date? This is from a CNN I reporter. This is a fake. Thanks for worrying the shit out of me for nothing haha.
of course it is fake ... look at the way it is written

Old 05-27-2014, 12:37 AM   #8
TheUSCMike
Starter

Male

CockyCash: 4250
TheUSCMike is USC mascot materialTheUSCMike is USC mascot materialTheUSCMike is USC mascot materialTheUSCMike is USC mascot materialTheUSCMike is USC mascot materialTheUSCMike is USC mascot materialTheUSCMike is USC mascot materialTheUSCMike is USC mascot materialTheUSCMike is USC mascot materialTheUSCMike is USC mascot materialTheUSCMike is USC mascot material

Was this reported by Chicken Little?
TheUSCMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2014, 12:39 AM   #9
Gamecocks1137
Apparent Sunshine Pumper

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.C. View Post
of course it is fake ... look at the way it is written
Well, I was genuinely worried. I saw the CNN logo, read the article and thought, this must be true. I then read the comments below, saw the March 35th thing, reread it and have no idea how I missed that. I guess I should pay more attention next time.
Old 05-27-2014, 12:41 AM   #10
robgusc76
1st Team All-American

Male

robgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot material

Quote:
We dont have a Wink thing on our page. I was wondering if someone was gonna catch it. I got caught by it at first when I read it earlier.

Old 05-27-2014, 12:44 AM   #11
Gamecocks1137
Apparent Sunshine Pumper

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by robgusc76 View Post
We dont have a Wink thing on our page. I was wondering if someone was gonna catch it. I got caught by it at first when I read it earlier.

Points to you sir, very seldom does someone's thread scare the crap out of me!
Old 05-27-2014, 12:47 AM   #12
Rex123
Walk On

Male

CockyCash: 500
Rex123 is learning to peckRex123 is learning to peck

Are these the scientist who forecasted the meteor shower on Saturday morning?

It was supposed to be up to 100 meteor per hour and I didn't see a single meteorite.
Rex123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2014, 12:49 AM   #13
robgusc76
1st Team All-American

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rex123 View Post
Are these the scientist who forecasted the meteor shower on Saturday morning?

It was supposed to be up to 100 meteor per hour and I didn't see a single meteorite.
No these are Russian scientist.
Old 05-27-2014, 01:04 AM   #14
Regalcock
Fawlless

Male

CockyCash: 113804578
Regalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot material
Question Re: Giant asteroid possibly on collision course with Earth

Quote:
It is time to fund NASA more, and fund our Military Space Weapons program. If this thing hits earth, we are all dead. An asteroid that size would wipe everything out, it's collision would darken our planet and potentially upset the earth's plates, essentially sending us into an earthquake/volcanic nightmare. What if it hit the ocean? You think that pacific tsunami was bad? Imagine a 700ft high wall of water hitting every coast around the epicenter of the impact. Not to mention the dust and radiation it will bring and stir up into our atmosphere. We need to develop a weapon strong enough to blow this thing to smithereens. An asteroid that size, will end all life as we know it. Start building now.
Yeah man. We need some space sharks with laser beams on their friggin heads.
Old 05-27-2014, 01:05 AM   #15
Gamecocks1137
Apparent Sunshine Pumper

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by Regalcock View Post
Yeah man. We need some space sharks with laser beams on their friggin heads.
Dr Evil is that you?
Old 05-27-2014, 01:29 AM   #16
bertoholic
THAT Damn Good

Male

CockyCash: 14152650
bertoholic is USC mascot materialbertoholic is USC mascot materialbertoholic is USC mascot materialbertoholic is USC mascot materialbertoholic is USC mascot materialbertoholic is USC mascot materialbertoholic is USC mascot materialbertoholic is USC mascot materialbertoholic is USC mascot materialbertoholic is USC mascot materialbertoholic is USC mascot material

I'm disappointed. There was not one mention of Bruce Willis or Aerosmith in the comments.

If you don't know now you know....
bertoholic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2014, 01:33 AM   #17
robgusc76
1st Team All-American

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by bertoholic View Post
I'm disappointed. There was not one mention of Bruce Willis or Aerosmith in the comments.
We were giving u the honors.
Old 05-27-2014, 01:59 AM   #18
warriorchief
CT's 2x Favorite Tiger

Male

2009 Awards: Awards for best Posters - Given for: Favorite Non Gamecock Poster 
CockyCash: 1048000
warriorchief is USC mascot materialwarriorchief is USC mascot materialwarriorchief is USC mascot materialwarriorchief is USC mascot materialwarriorchief is USC mascot materialwarriorchief is USC mascot materialwarriorchief is USC mascot materialwarriorchief is USC mascot materialwarriorchief is USC mascot materialwarriorchief is USC mascot materialwarriorchief is USC mascot material

So glad I read through the thread before I opened the link, lol. Saved some unneeded worry.

warriorchief is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2014, 02:15 AM   #19
M.C.

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by warriorchief View Post
So glad I read through the thread before I opened the link, lol. Saved some unneeded worry.
Oh you would of known it was bs

Old 05-27-2014, 02:17 AM   #20
warriorchief
CT's 2x Favorite Tiger

Male

2009 Awards: Awards for best Posters - Given for: Favorite Non Gamecock Poster 
CockyCash: 1048000
warriorchief is USC mascot materialwarriorchief is USC mascot materialwarriorchief is USC mascot materialwarriorchief is USC mascot materialwarriorchief is USC mascot materialwarriorchief is USC mascot materialwarriorchief is USC mascot materialwarriorchief is USC mascot materialwarriorchief is USC mascot materialwarriorchief is USC mascot materialwarriorchief is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.C. View Post
Oh you would of known it was bs
I dunno, seemed to be a few that didn't catch the "March 35th" or whatever date it was. Pretty sure I wouldn't have either at 1:30am.

warriorchief is offline   Reply With Quote