CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Sarge

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
MountainCock
Gamecocks1137
Master Bedroom
ReadR00ster
COCKYTALKIN
The Yancey
RGHoskins
smoovecock
Kaka
taylorssc
The Gator Bowl wants (1852)
Why I'm hopeful abou (1505)
USC will upset Aubur (1381)
In-state QB talent (1141)
A simple defensive l (1107)
In-state QB talent (968)
Which loss hurt wors (699)
Texas athletic direc (693)
Ranking the SEC Foot (494)
USC Picked 12th By S (471)
Tennessee game
Rank the QBs under Spurri
Back like cooked crack
Cann tipping plays?
Who start on the d line t
Thoughts on the basketbal
In-state QB talent
The Gator Bowl wants us!
SEC Debate: Best candidat
Name a Gamecock

Old 06-06-2014, 09:38 PM   #1
Coulwoodwarlord
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 799000
Coulwoodwarlord is USC mascot materialCoulwoodwarlord is USC mascot materialCoulwoodwarlord is USC mascot materialCoulwoodwarlord is USC mascot materialCoulwoodwarlord is USC mascot materialCoulwoodwarlord is USC mascot materialCoulwoodwarlord is USC mascot materialCoulwoodwarlord is USC mascot materialCoulwoodwarlord is USC mascot materialCoulwoodwarlord is USC mascot materialCoulwoodwarlord is USC mascot material
Default Roth stayed......................

For his senior season and became a Gamecock legend. Good luck to you guys who choose to leave with time still left on the card. I wish you well. I think if I were in your shoes, I'd play out my college career on the big stage and wait to see if I could shorten those long ass bus rides to some dump with less fans than my college stadium had.

It's just a thought.............................Cause it's damn hard to make the "Show"
Coulwoodwarlord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2014, 09:42 PM   #2
ccured
What a Rush!!!

Male

CockyCash: 3896416
ccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot material
Default Re: Roth stayed......................

Roth is a college legend but he wasn't the same caliber prospect as these guys. They made good decisions. All that said if I was in their position I would have stayed and gotten the degree because of how hard it is to grind it out in the minors.
ccured is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2014, 09:43 PM   #3
FlorenceCock
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 1200000
FlorenceCock is USC mascot materialFlorenceCock is USC mascot materialFlorenceCock is USC mascot materialFlorenceCock is USC mascot materialFlorenceCock is USC mascot materialFlorenceCock is USC mascot materialFlorenceCock is USC mascot materialFlorenceCock is USC mascot materialFlorenceCock is USC mascot materialFlorenceCock is USC mascot materialFlorenceCock is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coulwoodwarlord View Post
For his senior season and became a Gamecock legend. Good luck to you guys who choose to leave with time still left on the card. I wish you well. I think if I were in your shoes, I'd play out my college career on the big stage and wait to see if I could shorten those long ass bus rides to some dump with less fans than my college stadium had.

It's just a thought.............................Cause it's damn hard to make the "Show"
Roth was a Gamecock legend long before staying his senior year. He knew he would not hurt his draft stock if he did stay. It is extremely selfish of you to want these young men to stay when they were drafted in the top 5 rounds and if they stayed they would lose all of their bargaining power.
Old 06-06-2014, 09:53 PM   #4
Coulwoodwarlord
1st Team All-SEC

Male

Coulwoodwarlord is USC mascot materialCoulwoodwarlord is USC mascot materialCoulwoodwarlord is USC mascot materialCoulwoodwarlord is USC mascot materialCoulwoodwarlord is USC mascot materialCoulwoodwarlord is USC mascot materialCoulwoodwarlord is USC mascot materialCoulwoodwarlord is USC mascot materialCoulwoodwarlord is USC mascot materialCoulwoodwarlord is USC mascot materialCoulwoodwarlord is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by ccured View Post
Roth is a college legend but he wasn't the same caliber prospect as these guys. They made good decisions. All that said if I was in their position I would have stayed and gotten the degree because of how hard it is to grind it out in the minors.
I disagree. But to each his own.
Old 06-06-2014, 09:54 PM   #5
Coulwoodwarlord
1st Team All-SEC

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlorenceCock View Post
Roth was a Gamecock legend long before staying his senior year. He knew he would not hurt his draft stock if he did stay. It is extremely selfish of you to want these young men to stay when they were drafted in the top 5 rounds and if they stayed they would lose all of their bargaining power.
Enlighten me as to who other than Gary ?
Old 06-06-2014, 10:17 PM   #6
FlorenceCock
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 1200000
FlorenceCock is USC mascot materialFlorenceCock is USC mascot materialFlorenceCock is USC mascot materialFlorenceCock is USC mascot materialFlorenceCock is USC mascot materialFlorenceCock is USC mascot materialFlorenceCock is USC mascot materialFlorenceCock is USC mascot materialFlorenceCock is USC mascot materialFlorenceCock is USC mascot materialFlorenceCock is USC mascot material

Quote:
Both Greiner and Montgomery were drafted in the top 5 rounds.
Old 06-06-2014, 10:30 PM   #7
Coulwoodwarlord
1st Team All-SEC

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlorenceCock View Post
Both Greiner and Montgomery were drafted in the top 5 rounds.
I stand enlightened . But I do feel Monty has a long road ahead.
Old 06-06-2014, 10:58 PM   #8
GamecockInHell
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 3574
GamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot material

How many players drafted outside of the top five rounds ever make it to the bigs? Roth stayed because he knew he could get a good education and make a lot of money even if he didn't make it in the pros.
GamecockInHell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2014, 11:26 PM   #9
rnecavs07
Starter

Male

NIT Bracket Champion: Awarded for taking first in the NIT Bracket Challene - Given for: NIT Bracket Champion 
CockyCash: 753
rnecavs07 is USC mascot materialrnecavs07 is USC mascot materialrnecavs07 is USC mascot materialrnecavs07 is USC mascot materialrnecavs07 is USC mascot materialrnecavs07 is USC mascot materialrnecavs07 is USC mascot materialrnecavs07 is USC mascot materialrnecavs07 is USC mascot materialrnecavs07 is USC mascot materialrnecavs07 is USC mascot material
Send a message via AIM to rnecavs07 Send a message via Yahoo to rnecavs07

Quote:
Originally Posted by GamecockInHell View Post
How many players drafted outside of the top five rounds ever make it to the bigs? Roth stayed because he knew he could get a good education and make a lot of money even if he didn't make it in the pros.
there are plenty of guys not drafted in the top 5 rounds in the bigs right now, there are 50ish rounds in the draft, to go in the top 5-10 rounds puts you in the top 10-20% of all prospects, just go to the braves roster and look at when most of those guys were drafted.
David Carpenter 12
Shae Simmons 22
Vavaro 12
Uggla 11
Gattis 23

just go to this link and check out other squads

http://www.thebaseballcube.com/teams...=3&Page=Roster
rnecavs07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2014, 11:53 PM   #10
Pty23
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 500
Pty23 rules the CockPitPty23 rules the CockPitPty23 rules the CockPitPty23 rules the CockPitPty23 rules the CockPitPty23 rules the CockPitPty23 rules the CockPitPty23 rules the CockPitPty23 rules the CockPitPty23 rules the CockPitPty23 rules the CockPit

This thread is dumb.
Pty23 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2014, 12:29 AM   #11
IslandCock
Go! Fight! Win! Kick ASS!

Male

CockyCash: 13701490
IslandCock is crowing loudlyIslandCock is crowing loudlyIslandCock is crowing loudlyIslandCock is crowing loudlyIslandCock is crowing loudlyIslandCock is crowing loudlyIslandCock is crowing loudlyIslandCock is crowing loudlyIslandCock is crowing loudlyIslandCock is crowing loudlyIslandCock is crowing loudly

Mike Piazza was somewhere in the 40+ round.

I don't think anyone was going to vastly improve their positioning. Wish em the best of luck and thanks for being Gamecocks.
IslandCock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2014, 12:40 AM   #12
Gyle41386
Explosivo

Male

CockyCash: 1450
Gyle41386 is USC mascot materialGyle41386 is USC mascot materialGyle41386 is USC mascot materialGyle41386 is USC mascot materialGyle41386 is USC mascot materialGyle41386 is USC mascot materialGyle41386 is USC mascot materialGyle41386 is USC mascot materialGyle41386 is USC mascot materialGyle41386 is USC mascot materialGyle41386 is USC mascot material
Send a message via AIM to Gyle41386 Send a message via Yahoo to Gyle41386

Quote:
Originally Posted by IslandCock View Post
Mike Piazza was somewhere in the 40+ round.

I don't think anyone was going to vastly improve their positioning. Wish em the best of luck and thanks for being Gamecocks.
62nd round, 1390th player picked. Should already be in the Hall of Fame. Hopefully will one day soon.
Old 06-07-2014, 12:42 AM   #13
FeartheSpur
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 717
FeartheSpur rules the CockPitFeartheSpur rules the CockPitFeartheSpur rules the CockPitFeartheSpur rules the CockPitFeartheSpur rules the CockPitFeartheSpur rules the CockPitFeartheSpur rules the CockPitFeartheSpur rules the CockPitFeartheSpur rules the CockPitFeartheSpur rules the CockPitFeartheSpur rules the CockPit

Quote:

Lost all credibility with Gary.... Kind of like saying Conner Shaw was our QB last year
FeartheSpur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2014, 01:19 AM   #14
Hoodrow Wilson
4-Star

Male

Hoodrow Wilson has developed his gaff and talonsHoodrow Wilson has developed his gaff and talonsHoodrow Wilson has developed his gaff and talonsHoodrow Wilson has developed his gaff and talonsHoodrow Wilson has developed his gaff and talonsHoodrow Wilson has developed his gaff and talonsHoodrow Wilson has developed his gaff and talonsHoodrow Wilson has developed his gaff and talonsHoodrow Wilson has developed his gaff and talonsHoodrow Wilson has developed his gaff and talonsHoodrow Wilson has developed his gaff and talons

Frankly, you might be more inclined to return to a Ray Tanner team than returin to the state of things as they are now.
Hoodrow Wilson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2014, 07:42 AM   #15
Latti
Uscooper

Male

CockyCash: 1000
Latti is crowing loudlyLatti is crowing loudlyLatti is crowing loudlyLatti is crowing loudlyLatti is crowing loudlyLatti is crowing loudlyLatti is crowing loudlyLatti is crowing loudlyLatti is crowing loudlyLatti is crowing loudlyLatti is crowing loudly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoodrow Wilson View Post
Frankly, you might be more inclined to return to a Ray Tanner team than returin to the state of things as they are now.

Get over it brah. Trolls be trollin
Latti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2014, 08:42 AM   #16
ccured
What a Rush!!!

Male

CockyCash: 3896416
ccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot material

Quote:
I disagree. But to each his own.
I meant prototypical measurables not intangibles. And it's pretty evident since he was taken in the 31st round after his junior year not in the top 10 rounds
ccured is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2014, 09:41 PM   #17
Coulwoodwarlord
1st Team All-SEC

Male

I still say guys like Joel could have a monster year in 2015 and vastly improve his draft status.
Old 06-07-2014, 10:57 PM   #18
bhusc2002
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

bhusc2002 is USC mascot materialbhusc2002 is USC mascot materialbhusc2002 is USC mascot materialbhusc2002 is USC mascot materialbhusc2002 is USC mascot materialbhusc2002 is USC mascot materialbhusc2002 is USC mascot materialbhusc2002 is USC mascot materialbhusc2002 is USC mascot materialbhusc2002 is USC mascot materialbhusc2002 is USC mascot material
Send a message via AIM to bhusc2002

Quote:
Originally Posted by FeartheSpur View Post
Lost all credibility with Gary.... Kind of like saying Conner Shaw was our QB last year
Except that Gary is a common nickname for GG.
bhusc2002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2014, 11:09 PM   #19
Coulwoodwarlord
1st Team All-SEC

Male

Baseball is my first love. I think I would stay for my senior season if I wasn't drafted in the first 5 rounds. My only reasoning would be that I would get better. I don't think in the negative...like maybe I would get injured.
Old 06-07-2014, 11:29 PM   #20
Ballpoint Man
Blue Chip

Male

Ballpoint Man rules the CockPitBallpoint Man rules the CockPitBallpoint Man rules the CockPitBallpoint Man rules the CockPitBallpoint Man rules the CockPitBallpoint Man rules the CockPitBallpoint Man rules the CockPitBallpoint Man rules the CockPitBallpoint Man rules the CockPitBallpoint Man rules the CockPitBallpoint Man rules the CockPit

Quote:
Originally Posted by FeartheSpur View Post
This is kind of hilarious. Gary is a nickname for Greiner. Given to him by the team.

Your attempt to talk s##t backfired : P
Ballpoint Man is offline   Reply With Quote