CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Community > iCocky

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
b381l
Spurticus
Acockolypse Now
Gamecocks1137
MisterClowney
gamecockgal
spareparts
jrussjr
B-G
MEL
Ace suspended 4 game (2047)
Top 10 Reasons Why T (1781)
watching the Alabama (550)
Da'Quan Bowers had a (428)
A good friend of min (380)
Sidney Rice Retiring (374)
Dan Patrick Show - P (319)
ESPN Insider (296)
Phil Steele's Colleg (202)
Pictures of older Co (153)
Ace suspended 4 games
Bonefish Grill
Gamecock Showcase Attende
Discussion: 2015 Recruiti
Sidney Rice Retiring From
2015 - Christian Pellage
FAIRGROUNDS PARKING GREEN
Tenn vs WVU in Charlotte
Name a Gamecock
****Official 2014 Gamecoc

Old 06-05-2014, 10:40 AM   #1
Cocky_Maniac
Recruit

Male

CockyCash: 200
Cocky_Maniac is sharpening his clawsCocky_Maniac is sharpening his clawsCocky_Maniac is sharpening his clawsCocky_Maniac is sharpening his claws
Default Tailgating Question

Is there any system like the Tailgater, that dish has, that can be used for directv? I imagine the one for dish wouldn't work with directv.
Old 06-05-2014, 11:01 AM   #2
Cock Kool-Aid
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 500
Cock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot material
Default Re: Tailgating Question

There's a variety of portable satellite dishes that can be purchased for tailgating for any provider I believe. They vary a lot in price depending on if you want a standard one with a stand that you have to aim yourself or if you get one of the ones that do the work for you. As far as what tailgating packages Dish offers, if you contact them, I'm sure they could tell you.
Old 06-05-2014, 02:38 PM   #3
Cocky_Maniac
Recruit

Male

CockyCash: 200
Cocky_Maniac is sharpening his clawsCocky_Maniac is sharpening his clawsCocky_Maniac is sharpening his clawsCocky_Maniac is sharpening his claws

I have directv. This is my first season with season tickets so just trying to find the best setup other than the antenna i used last year.
Old 06-10-2014, 12:57 PM   #4
usc_thereal
Recruit

Male

usc_thereal has feathers coming inusc_thereal has feathers coming inusc_thereal has feathers coming in

We use the Tailgater as well and absolutely love it. Had it a few years now. We have DirecTV at home, but use Dish and the Tailgater just for tailgating. The great thing about it is you can "suspend" your service when you're not using it. So we only pay for three or four months of use with it. Probably the best addition to my tailgate in years.
usc_thereal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2014, 01:07 PM   #5
Cock Kool-Aid
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

Cock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot material

I have DirecTV. I purchased an old satellite dish off of craigslist for $20. I created a stand with a bucket, a pvc pipe, and some cement. The DirecTV installation guy hooked me up with a long heavy duty coaxial cable for free. I use my box from home. I power the set up with a power inverter hooked to one or two marine batteries.