CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Community > iCocky

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
ConwayGamecock
HailPharoh
CarolinaBand
Eug Cock
Goofyboy
JerseyBird
Latt7more
b381l
SanAntonioCock
kabercr2
Why the hesitance to (1401)
2014 Charleston Clas (1079)
Should UNC get death (877)
Mullen Pulls QB's Sc (677)
BJ Mckie (606)
Getting Back on Trac (458)
Could Pharoh Run the (443)
ESPN's Mike Golic ke (419)
Cocky cloth towels (409)
Big George Statue (403)
2014 Charleston Classic *
Name a Gamecock
Fan bias toward a specifi
How many??
Could Pharoh Run the O Li
Cocky cloth towels
Discussion: 2015 Recruiti
Womens Soccer NCAA Tourna
Why the hesitance to put
Lineup Changes (Offense)

Old 06-04-2014, 05:32 PM   #1
diehardgamecock
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 101109992
diehardgamecock rules the CockPitdiehardgamecock rules the CockPitdiehardgamecock rules the CockPitdiehardgamecock rules the CockPitdiehardgamecock rules the CockPitdiehardgamecock rules the CockPitdiehardgamecock rules the CockPitdiehardgamecock rules the CockPitdiehardgamecock rules the CockPitdiehardgamecock rules the CockPitdiehardgamecock rules the CockPit
Thumbs up war thunder

just released last night on PSN. awesome WW2 era dogfighting (and tank warfare too).

if you're not playing this game, you're missing out. and it's free.

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2014/...-today-on-ps4/

diehardgamecock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2014, 12:43 PM   #2
usc_yogi
Two Deep

Male

CockyCash: 200
usc_yogi rules the CockPitusc_yogi rules the CockPitusc_yogi rules the CockPitusc_yogi rules the CockPitusc_yogi rules the CockPitusc_yogi rules the CockPitusc_yogi rules the CockPitusc_yogi rules the CockPitusc_yogi rules the CockPitusc_yogi rules the CockPitusc_yogi rules the CockPit
Default Re: war thunder

I've been watching this game on Twitch and YT. It does look fun, but teamwork seems pretty crucial to do well on a consistent basis. I guess the MMO crowd is used to teamwork though from randoms.
usc_yogi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2014, 03:46 PM   #3
diehardgamecock
1st Team All-SEC

Male

diehardgamecock rules the CockPitdiehardgamecock rules the CockPitdiehardgamecock rules the CockPitdiehardgamecock rules the CockPitdiehardgamecock rules the CockPitdiehardgamecock rules the CockPitdiehardgamecock rules the CockPitdiehardgamecock rules the CockPitdiehardgamecock rules the CockPitdiehardgamecock rules the CockPitdiehardgamecock rules the CockPit

Quote:
Originally Posted by usc_yogi View Post
I've been watching this game on Twitch and YT. It does look fun, but teamwork seems pretty crucial to do well on a consistent basis. I guess the MMO crowd is used to teamwork though from randoms.

it's fun.

on the teamwork thing, that's what i've been exploiting so far and it has worked rather well. when you initially spawn, you're several km's away from the opposing team...everybody racing towards each other and no-man's land in the middle with lines of AA for each team.

what you watch for is the idiot trying to go lone wolf, rather than staying with the pack for safety in numbers. once dummy peels off from the herd, he's dead meat. swoop in, get the kill, return to the pack and look for the next victim. i've very rarely given up my 6 by doing that....conversely, going lone wolf will almost always lead to somebody firing rounds at your tail wing.

Old 06-05-2014, 04:04 PM   #4
usc_yogi
Two Deep

Male

CockyCash: 200
usc_yogi rules the CockPitusc_yogi rules the CockPitusc_yogi rules the CockPitusc_yogi rules the CockPitusc_yogi rules the CockPitusc_yogi rules the CockPitusc_yogi rules the CockPitusc_yogi rules the CockPitusc_yogi rules the CockPitusc_yogi rules the CockPitusc_yogi rules the CockPit

Have you ventured much into the tank side of it? I saw a group of tanks get into formation and take out a squadron of planes and it was pretty sweet.
usc_yogi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2014, 04:40 PM   #5
diehardgamecock
1st Team All-SEC

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by usc_yogi View Post
Have you ventured much into the tank side of it? I saw a group of tanks get into formation and take out a squadron of planes and it was pretty sweet.

whoa. that's pretty cool. no, i haven't played any of the tank side. i want to, but just haven't taken the time to do so.