CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Cock Pit

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
Gamecocks1137
NAGamecockFan
taylorssc
Gamecocks321
GarnetSwarm1990
doubledribble
Lonnie
Cocks N Stuff
johnnyb
El Cid Ranger
So Disappointed With (1910)
Rank the QBs under S (1418)
Back like cooked cra (1002)
Tennessee game (664)
Who start on the d l (626)
No Comments on the H (480)
Google finally gets (471)
lack of production= (377)
Squats (356)
NFL: CHARGERS @ BRON (172)
Why I think we beat Aubur
2014 Ultimate Tailgate --
So Disappointed With The
SEC Debate: Best candidat
Rank the QBs under Spurri
7 on 7 flag football bloc
Thoughts on the basketbal
Back like cooked crack
Discussion: 2015 Recruiti
Ranking Top HC jobs in SE

Old 06-06-2014, 11:42 AM   #1
Thenardier
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 200
Thenardier is USC mascot materialThenardier is USC mascot materialThenardier is USC mascot materialThenardier is USC mascot materialThenardier is USC mascot materialThenardier is USC mascot materialThenardier is USC mascot materialThenardier is USC mascot materialThenardier is USC mascot materialThenardier is USC mascot materialThenardier is USC mascot material
Default Thought You'd Enjoy The Bowl Projections

http://cfn.scout.com/2/1409163.html

Enjoy
Thenardier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2014, 12:03 PM   #2
FanofCarolina1
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 436
FanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot material
Default Re: Thought You'd Enjoy The Bowl Projections

I've always wanted to see South Carolina play in the Rose Bowl, but of course they couldn't due to not being a good enough team to play in the BCS NC Game or due to the SEC noting having a tie in.

I think right now that is highly inaccurate. It would be awesome to see though. Especially against the Ducks.
Old 06-06-2014, 12:06 PM   #3
uscjeremynca
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 575
uscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot material

If we played in the Rose Bowl, I would go. My mother-in-law lives in So Cal and I've been down there many times on New Year's. Would love to see this.
Old 06-06-2014, 12:08 PM   #4
Thenardier
Banned

Male

Thenardier is USC mascot materialThenardier is USC mascot materialThenardier is USC mascot materialThenardier is USC mascot materialThenardier is USC mascot materialThenardier is USC mascot materialThenardier is USC mascot materialThenardier is USC mascot materialThenardier is USC mascot materialThenardier is USC mascot materialThenardier is USC mascot material

Just a warning, the Rose Bowl is the worst stadium I've ever been in. Facilities are ancient and takes forever to get to your seats.
Old 06-06-2014, 12:18 PM   #5
uscgamecocks88
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 500
uscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talons

I would think they would send us to the Sugar since were so much closer. I feel like we would bring more fans to New Orleans.

I've seen us going to Sugar, Peach mostly. One Orange. This is the first I've seen Rose. Then of course, some guy thinks we will go to Tampa. Again.
uscgamecocks88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2014, 12:19 PM   #6
uscgamecocks88
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

uscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talons

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thenardier View Post
Just a warning, the Rose Bowl is the worst stadium I've ever been in. Facilities are ancient and takes forever to get to your seats.
Is it worse than Legion Field? LF was the worst stadium I have ever seen. I don't see why it's not torn down
Old 06-06-2014, 12:25 PM   #7
FanofCarolina1
1st Team All-American

Male

FanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Granted it's the oldest, but with it being "The Grand daddy of them all", you'd think that they'd keep it up.
Old 06-06-2014, 12:37 PM   #8
uscGRAD04
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 833
uscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by uscjeremynca View Post
If we played in the Rose Bowl, I would go. My mother-in-law lives in So Cal and I've been down there many times on New Year's. Would love to see this.

IF we made the playoffs and were sent to the Rose Bowl it would be tough as a fan with a limited $income to fly to Pasadena one week and then Arlington the next. If I had the decision to make I'd probably take my chances on us making it the next week and setting up a trip to Arlington, TX.
uscGRAD04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2014, 12:39 PM   #9
englew
Walk On

Male

CockyCash: 342
englew is sharpening his clawsenglew is sharpening his clawsenglew is sharpening his clawsenglew is sharpening his clawsenglew is sharpening his claws

Quote:
You must not have gone to the frozen pizza bowl a few years back.
englew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2014, 12:42 PM   #10
FanofCarolina1
1st Team All-American

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by englew View Post
No because he is a Auburn tiger fan.
Old 06-06-2014, 12:43 PM   #11
uscGRAD04
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 833
uscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot material

Capital One is pretty bad too but I believe they are doing a whole bunch of renovations as we speak.
uscGRAD04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2014, 12:56 PM   #12
B-G
Bowl MVP

Male

B-G rules the CockPitB-G rules the CockPitB-G rules the CockPitB-G rules the CockPitB-G rules the CockPitB-G rules the CockPitB-G rules the CockPitB-G rules the CockPitB-G rules the CockPitB-G rules the CockPitB-G rules the CockPit

Quote:
Originally Posted by uscjeremynca View Post
Awesome story.

I live in NYC and would go to this game.
B-G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2014, 01:14 PM   #13
henmania
Game MVP

Male

henmania rules the CockPithenmania rules the CockPithenmania rules the CockPithenmania rules the CockPithenmania rules the CockPithenmania rules the CockPithenmania rules the CockPithenmania rules the CockPithenmania rules the CockPithenmania rules the CockPithenmania rules the CockPit

Quote:
Originally Posted by englew View Post

That was the absolute WORST game experience i have ever had in my life. left in the middle of the third quarter and I never leave early.
henmania is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2014, 02:36 PM   #14
Mt. Lattimore
At the Top

Male

Mt. Lattimore is USC mascot materialMt. Lattimore is USC mascot materialMt. Lattimore is USC mascot materialMt. Lattimore is USC mascot materialMt. Lattimore is USC mascot materialMt. Lattimore is USC mascot materialMt. Lattimore is USC mascot materialMt. Lattimore is USC mascot materialMt. Lattimore is USC mascot materialMt. Lattimore is USC mascot materialMt. Lattimore is USC mascot material

Quote:
Thanks for passing along the info.

Its like you're this wonderful messenger that caters to our every need.

Keep it comin'
Old 06-06-2014, 03:58 PM   #15
uscgamecocks88
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by uscGRAD04 View Post
Capital One is pretty bad too but I believe they are doing a whole bunch of renovations as we speak.
It wasn't the best stadium but it wasn't as bad as people made it out to be. Or at least that's what I thought. Nothing is worse than legion field.

The citrus bowl needed renovations (and getting them now) but I still thought LF was worse.
Old 06-06-2014, 04:36 PM   #16
Thenardier
Banned

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by uscgamecocks88 View Post
Is it worse than Legion Field? LF was the worst stadium I have ever seen. I don't see why it's not torn down
I've been to Legion Field, the Iron Bowl used to play there. I'd rather go to LF than the Rose Bowl. The facilities are ancient, the "newer" facilities are old. There are only a few gates into the stadium, and they're tiny. It bottle necks and they have people that stop flow, until it drains, then repeat. Not many sections so you have to get by 30+ people to reach an aisle.
Old 06-06-2014, 05:56 PM   #17
Spartan
Blue Chip

Male

Spartan is crowing loudlySpartan is crowing loudlySpartan is crowing loudlySpartan is crowing loudlySpartan is crowing loudlySpartan is crowing loudlySpartan is crowing loudlySpartan is crowing loudlySpartan is crowing loudlySpartan is crowing loudlySpartan is crowing loudly

Quote:
Originally Posted by uscgamecocks88 View Post
I would think they would send us to the Sugar since were so much closer. I feel like we would bring more fans to New Orleans.

I've seen us going to Sugar, Peach mostly. One Orange. This is the first I've seen Rose. Then of course, some guy thinks we will go to Tampa. Again.
I will gladly take whatever semifinal game location they put us in.

Spartan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2014, 06:02 PM   #18
PhoenixGamecock
72ChemE

Male

PhoenixGamecock has earned his spursPhoenixGamecock has earned his spursPhoenixGamecock has earned his spursPhoenixGamecock has earned his spursPhoenixGamecock has earned his spursPhoenixGamecock has earned his spurs

I will definitely go to this game if at Rose Bowl. The Gamecock fans would be there, too. I went to the UCLA-Wisconsin game back in '90's, and Wisconsin had more fans there than Bruin fans. This is huge stage, and I have to be there.
PhoenixGamecock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2014, 11:53 PM   #19
CockyInSeattle
4-Star

Male

CockyInSeattle rules the CockPitCockyInSeattle rules the CockPitCockyInSeattle rules the CockPitCockyInSeattle rules the CockPitCockyInSeattle rules the CockPitCockyInSeattle rules the CockPitCockyInSeattle rules the CockPitCockyInSeattle rules the CockPitCockyInSeattle rules the CockPitCockyInSeattle rules the CockPitCockyInSeattle rules the CockPit

Would be even better if it was the Beavers instead of the Ducks.
CockyInSeattle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2014, 11:55 PM   #20
uscgamecocks88
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

I know projections this early are really taken with a grain of sand but I don't see Clemson going to the Orange Bowl again. They are losing too much. Hell, we may have a better chance at the OB than they do