CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Community > The Water Cooler

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
auslander
sanford
MWard
b381l
Spurticus
ccured
WeStillOwnUSC
Acockolypse Now
The Yancey
Cockypantherfan
Stephen Garcia AMA o (1370)
ESPN Car wash Spurri (1001)
COMCAST TO CARRY SEC (997)
Texags (974)
Dawg DL man arrested (862)
Ace suspended 4 game (849)
Comporium (736)
Holy Hell, Indeed, S (605)
Georgia DE Jonathan (593)
Top 10 Reasons Why T (474)
2015 - Zack Bailey
watching the Alabama vs T
Texags
Gamecock Showcase Attende
Holy Hell, Indeed, SEC Ne
Top 10 Reasons Why Texas
ESPN Car wash Spurrier
Ace suspended 4 games
2015 - Albert Huggins
2014-2015 Men's Non Confe

Old 06-09-2014, 07:27 PM   #1
LBC
2nd Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 500
LBC is USC mascot materialLBC is USC mascot materialLBC is USC mascot materialLBC is USC mascot materialLBC is USC mascot materialLBC is USC mascot materialLBC is USC mascot materialLBC is USC mascot materialLBC is USC mascot materialLBC is USC mascot materialLBC is USC mascot material
Default Nike Risk Everything Commercial

I hadn't seen these posted but these are terrific soccer commercials. Nike spent some cash on these. Production quality is outstanding!

The animated one looks like a PIXAR movie.
LBC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2014, 08:30 PM   #2
Gamecocks1137
Bowl MVP

Male

Gamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot material
Default Re: Nike Risk Everything Commercial

They are pretty cool, but I just don't like soccer.

"Are you a millionaire right now?" 'Nah, not yet. I'm still broke." - Jadeveon Clowney

Cockytalk's own conspiracy theorist.
Gamecocks1137 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2014, 08:28 AM   #3
LBC
2nd Team All-American

Male

LBC is USC mascot materialLBC is USC mascot materialLBC is USC mascot materialLBC is USC mascot materialLBC is USC mascot materialLBC is USC mascot materialLBC is USC mascot materialLBC is USC mascot materialLBC is USC mascot materialLBC is USC mascot materialLBC is USC mascot material

Old 06-10-2014, 12:04 PM   #4
uscjeremynca
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 575
uscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot material

In that first commercial, how did some kid score on Tim Howard for the winning goal? How could Howard agree to that?!?! At least it wasn't Ronaldo scoring against Howard so no predicting any future there
Old 06-10-2014, 01:35 PM   #5
B-G
Game MVP

Male

B-G rules the CockPitB-G rules the CockPitB-G rules the CockPitB-G rules the CockPitB-G rules the CockPitB-G rules the CockPitB-G rules the CockPitB-G rules the CockPitB-G rules the CockPitB-G rules the CockPitB-G rules the CockPit

Quote:
Originally Posted by uscjeremynca View Post
How could Howard agree to that?!?!:
Really?
Old 06-10-2014, 01:37 PM   #6
SR4-AJ1
Game MVP

Male

CockyCash: 9708333
SR4-AJ1 has developed his gaff and talonsSR4-AJ1 has developed his gaff and talonsSR4-AJ1 has developed his gaff and talonsSR4-AJ1 has developed his gaff and talonsSR4-AJ1 has developed his gaff and talonsSR4-AJ1 has developed his gaff and talonsSR4-AJ1 has developed his gaff and talonsSR4-AJ1 has developed his gaff and talonsSR4-AJ1 has developed his gaff and talonsSR4-AJ1 has developed his gaff and talonsSR4-AJ1 has developed his gaff and talons

I don't have the link due to being on my phone atm, but the beats ad with all the players in it is really good as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 06-10-2014, 02:16 PM   #7
LBC
2nd Team All-American

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gamecocks1137 View Post
They are pretty cool, but I just don't like soccer.
That's too bad. Because the most popular and most watched sporting event on the planet starts this Thursday and the global enthusiasm that exists around the World Cup is without a doubt the most real and intense and all encompassing of any single sporting event there is.

More than the super bowl, world series, NBA and NHL playoffs, the Masters, any NASCAR event, etc. combined.

Last time around over 3.2 billion people tuned in to watch with over 909.5 million showing up for just the final...In comparison the Super Bowl this year got about 112 million. That's over 3000 million viewers vs. 112 million...which was the most watched sporting event in US history.

None of this means you should somehow like any part of it and I realize you never tried to disregard its impact but it is without a doubt one of the single biggest events on the planet for good reason.

I know me and my family cannot wait. Especially my kids and the kids around here who care more about soccer than a lot of older Americans can seem to wrap their collective brains around.

Last edited by LBC; 06-10-2014 at 02:42 PM.
Old 06-10-2014, 05:25 PM   #8
DELTOR
Recruit

Male

CockyCash: 400
DELTOR is developing his combDELTOR is developing his combDELTOR is developing his combDELTOR is developing his combDELTOR is developing his combDELTOR is developing his combDELTOR is developing his combDELTOR is developing his combDELTOR is developing his comb
Send a message via AIM to DELTOR

Dang, Nike has a lot of money.
DELTOR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2014, 07:26 PM   #9
uscjeremynca
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

uscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by B-G View Post
Really?
Yes, money. I get it but Howard hardly gets any time in the video. None of the other players in the video look bad but the winning goal is scored against Howard by a kid.
Old 06-10-2014, 08:20 PM   #10
B-G
Game MVP

Male

B-G rules the CockPitB-G rules the CockPitB-G rules the CockPitB-G rules the CockPitB-G rules the CockPitB-G rules the CockPitB-G rules the CockPitB-G rules the CockPitB-G rules the CockPitB-G rules the CockPitB-G rules the CockPit

Quote:
Originally Posted by uscjeremynca View Post
Yes, money. I get it but Howard hardly gets any time in the video. None of the other players in the video look bad but the winning goal is scored against Howard by a kid.
Let it go buddy. Let it go.
Old 06-10-2014, 09:32 PM   #11
IslandCock
Go! Fight! Win! Kick ASS!

Male

CockyCash: 13701490
IslandCock is crowing loudlyIslandCock is crowing loudlyIslandCock is crowing loudlyIslandCock is crowing loudlyIslandCock is crowing loudlyIslandCock is crowing loudlyIslandCock is crowing loudlyIslandCock is crowing loudlyIslandCock is crowing loudlyIslandCock is crowing loudlyIslandCock is crowing loudly

If this doesn't get you amped...

IslandCock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2014, 09:47 PM   #12
Cockypantherfan
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 200
Cockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot material

Cannot freakin wait for the World Cup to begin and those hype videos by Nike are just awesome.
Cockypantherfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2014, 11:20 PM   #13
LBC
2nd Team All-American

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by IslandCock View Post
If this doesn't get you amped...

That is awesome. Great commercial.
Old 06-10-2014, 11:53 PM   #14
Gamecocks1137
Bowl MVP

Male

Gamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by LBC View Post
That's too bad. Because the most popular and most watched sporting event on the planet starts this Thursday and the global enthusiasm that exists around the World Cup is without a doubt the most real and intense and all encompassing of any single sporting event there is.

More than the super bowl, world series, NBA and NHL playoffs, the Masters, any NASCAR event, etc. combined.

Last time around over 3.2 billion people tuned in to watch with over 909.5 million showing up for just the final...In comparison the Super Bowl this year got about 112 million. That's over 3000 million viewers vs. 112 million...which was the most watched sporting event in US history.

None of this means you should somehow like any part of it and I realize you never tried to disregard its impact but it is without a doubt one of the single biggest events on the planet for good reason.

I know me and my family cannot wait. Especially my kids and the kids around here who care more about soccer than a lot of older Americans can seem to wrap their collective brains around.
Your right, but as an American, and most other american sports enthusiasts, many of us do not like soccer. Just doesn't appeal to us, as well as the fights and deaths resulting from the games. It is a mad house. Besides a game where most likely they will score no more than 3 points is pretty damn boring in general. That's just my taste though, means nothing is wrong with it, but I just don't watch it.

"Are you a millionaire right now?" 'Nah, not yet. I'm still broke." - Jadeveon Clowney

Cockytalk's own conspiracy theorist.
Gamecocks1137 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2014, 03:03 AM   #15
MB_Gamecock
Mudda Fricka

Male

CockyCash: 1837742431
MB_Gamecock is USC mascot materialMB_Gamecock is USC mascot materialMB_Gamecock is USC mascot materialMB_Gamecock is USC mascot materialMB_Gamecock is USC mascot materialMB_Gamecock is USC mascot materialMB_Gamecock is USC mascot materialMB_Gamecock is USC mascot materialMB_Gamecock is USC mascot materialMB_Gamecock is USC mascot materialMB_Gamecock is USC mascot material

Quote:
Your right, but as an American, and most other american sports enthusiasts, many of us do not like soccer. Just doesn't appeal to us, as well as the fights and deaths resulting from the games. It is a mad house. Besides a game where most likely they will score no more than 3 points is pretty damn boring in general. That's just my taste though, means nothing is wrong with it, but I just don't watch it.
Same here. I've tried to watch it, but I would rather watch my grass grow. Same with hockey for me.

#YanceyForMod
MB_Gamecock is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2014, 02:01 PM   #16
uscjeremynca
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

Quote:
How many soccer games have you watched? Ever seen a boring football game? Not every game is going to be exciting. A 2-2 or 3-3 draw can be an AWESOME match and extremely exciting. Can you look at the score of a football game and tell me if it was exciting or boring? I'm going to guess no and the same can be said for soccer as well.

As a fan of soccer the last few years, there are things I like and don't like in the game. That can be said for EVERY sport on the planet. No sport is perfect. Scoring doesn't make a game exciting just as diving doesn't ruin a game (although it does detract from the sport when it's used to try and manipulate outcomes).

As for deaths and fights in soccer, this isn't the problem of the sport but a culture that is FAR, FAR different from the US. Having traveled to a number of countries over the years, I can explain this to you if you're interested. But don't blame the sport for cultural problems.
Old 06-11-2014, 04:53 PM   #17
Stonecoldcock
Starter

CockyCash: 20001160
Stonecoldcock is USC mascot materialStonecoldcock is USC mascot materialStonecoldcock is USC mascot materialStonecoldcock is USC mascot materialStonecoldcock is USC mascot materialStonecoldcock is USC mascot materialStonecoldcock is USC mascot materialStonecoldcock is USC mascot materialStonecoldcock is USC mascot materialStonecoldcock is USC mascot materialStonecoldcock is USC mascot material

Quote:
I agree there is nothing wrong with anyone not liking it, but when I see anyone making comments like yours, imho, it reeks of ignorance of the sport. Now I'm not saying you're ignorant to soccer, for all I know you've given it a complete and fair chance, and it still doesn't appeal to you. I'm just saying that's the way those answers come across to me. I liken it to people who hate mma fighting because they say "all they do is lay on top of each other, its gay". It seems to me like a casual fan who is only there for the knockouts, but doesn't understand nor care to understand all the intricacies of the sport that are going on while they are "laying on top of each other". It also strikes me that people with your answers find football games that aren't high scoring boring. I would rather South Carolina win a 10-0 game and dominate the line of scrimmage and hold the opposing offense to like 100 yards than see a 56-35 game. But to each his own.
Stonecoldcock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2014, 05:13 PM   #18
SR4-AJ1
Game MVP

Male

CockyCash: 9708333
SR4-AJ1 has developed his gaff and talonsSR4-AJ1 has developed his gaff and talonsSR4-AJ1 has developed his gaff and talonsSR4-AJ1 has developed his gaff and talonsSR4-AJ1 has developed his gaff and talonsSR4-AJ1 has developed his gaff and talonsSR4-AJ1 has developed his gaff and talonsSR4-AJ1 has developed his gaff and talonsSR4-AJ1 has developed his gaff and talonsSR4-AJ1 has developed his gaff and talonsSR4-AJ1 has developed his gaff and talons
Default Nike Risk Everything Commercial

In due time this sport will be a big player in the USA. Not to sound rude but once the older generation starts to kick the bucket the youth now will make this sport rise very quick IMO. It is one of if not the most popular sport amongst the younger generation now.

I also believe that this World Cup will have a very good viewer rating in the US this cycle around, especially after all the drama the men's and women's teams produced the past two world cups.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 06-11-2014, 05:19 PM   #19
B-G
Game MVP

Male

People on here who say not enough scoring in soccer were probably jizzing their pants over that snooze Fest of a "Game of the Century"
Old 06-11-2014, 05:33 PM   #20
GamecockUltimate
BIGGER. STRONGER.LONGER

Male

CockyCash: 219000
GamecockUltimate is USC mascot materialGamecockUltimate is USC mascot materialGamecockUltimate is USC mascot materialGamecockUltimate is USC mascot materialGamecockUltimate is USC mascot materialGamecockUltimate is USC mascot materialGamecockUltimate is USC mascot materialGamecockUltimate is USC mascot materialGamecockUltimate is USC mascot materialGamecockUltimate is USC mascot materialGamecockUltimate is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by LBC View Post

Right,.....

The numbers are amazing

for willy
GamecockUltimate is offline   Reply With Quote