CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Community > The Water Cooler

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
spareparts
Acockolypse Now
Lonnie
Spurticus
COCKYTALKIN
elcid99
sporkgod50
BiggerLSUfan
markp_vip
Gamecocks1137
Gamecocks (-10.5) vs (1149)
Ranking the Opposing (1009)
Not a Rival.. (760)
Gamecock Coaches as (576)
help with army insig (410)
NCAA Football 15 (352)
Hello Gamecocks! (280)
COCKYTALK ONE HIT WO (242)
I'm a grand godfathe (240)
George Miller revisi (214)
Ced Cooper's 40 Time
2015 - Mon Denson
Discussion: 2015 Recruiti
Green and Lammons
Clemson Recruiting...how
Parking needed
Not a Rival..
Ranking the Opposing Fanb
Gamecocks (-10.5) vs TxA&
2016 Commitment - Kyle Da

Old 06-12-2014, 12:01 AM   #1
boowilliam4
4-Star

Male

CockyCash: 400
boowilliam4 has developed his gaff and talonsboowilliam4 has developed his gaff and talonsboowilliam4 has developed his gaff and talonsboowilliam4 has developed his gaff and talonsboowilliam4 has developed his gaff and talonsboowilliam4 has developed his gaff and talonsboowilliam4 has developed his gaff and talonsboowilliam4 has developed his gaff and talonsboowilliam4 has developed his gaff and talonsboowilliam4 has developed his gaff and talonsboowilliam4 has developed his gaff and talons
Default favorite netflix documentaries

I love Netflix documentaries and was wondering if ya'll had seen any good ones lately or had any that you wanted to share. My top 5 off the top of my head are...

1.Restrepo
2.Exit through the gift shop
3.The wild and wonderful whites of west virginia
4.The imposter
5.Blackfish
Old 06-12-2014, 12:38 AM   #2
El Cid Ranger
Black Magic Squad

Male

CockyCash: 850200
El Cid Ranger is USC mascot materialEl Cid Ranger is USC mascot materialEl Cid Ranger is USC mascot materialEl Cid Ranger is USC mascot materialEl Cid Ranger is USC mascot materialEl Cid Ranger is USC mascot materialEl Cid Ranger is USC mascot materialEl Cid Ranger is USC mascot materialEl Cid Ranger is USC mascot materialEl Cid Ranger is USC mascot materialEl Cid Ranger is USC mascot material
Default Re: favorite netflix documentaries

Food Inc. is up there for me!
Old 06-12-2014, 12:51 AM   #3
johnnyb
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Male

CockyCash: 1731674488
johnnyb is USC mascot materialjohnnyb is USC mascot materialjohnnyb is USC mascot materialjohnnyb is USC mascot materialjohnnyb is USC mascot materialjohnnyb is USC mascot materialjohnnyb is USC mascot materialjohnnyb is USC mascot materialjohnnyb is USC mascot materialjohnnyb is USC mascot materialjohnnyb is USC mascot material

Dear Mr. Watterson
Old 06-12-2014, 12:54 AM   #4
Metalrush24
Pro aris et focis

Male

CockyCash: 27359704
Metalrush24 is USC mascot materialMetalrush24 is USC mascot materialMetalrush24 is USC mascot materialMetalrush24 is USC mascot materialMetalrush24 is USC mascot materialMetalrush24 is USC mascot materialMetalrush24 is USC mascot materialMetalrush24 is USC mascot materialMetalrush24 is USC mascot materialMetalrush24 is USC mascot materialMetalrush24 is USC mascot material

Restrepo is really good

I wasn't as impressed with Blackfish as I expected to be. I didn't leave it as moved as others, but didn't find it to be horrible.

Metalrush24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2014, 12:56 AM   #5
johnnyb
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Male

CockyCash: 1731674488
johnnyb is USC mascot materialjohnnyb is USC mascot materialjohnnyb is USC mascot materialjohnnyb is USC mascot materialjohnnyb is USC mascot materialjohnnyb is USC mascot materialjohnnyb is USC mascot materialjohnnyb is USC mascot materialjohnnyb is USC mascot materialjohnnyb is USC mascot materialjohnnyb is USC mascot material

Tell me and I will forget- about South African paramedics and dealing with the surge in violent crime
Old 06-12-2014, 07:44 AM   #6
ktguen
2nd Team All-American

Female

CockyCash: 1000400
ktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot material

I've heard about the Wild and Wonderful Whites of West Virginia and tried to watch it, but it's not on my netflix for some reason. Were you able to access it on there?
ktguen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2014, 07:48 AM   #7
Cock Kool-Aid
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 500
Cock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by boowilliam4 View Post
I love Netflix documentaries and was wondering if ya'll had seen any good ones lately or had any that you wanted to share. My top 5 off the top of my head are...

1.Restrepo

2.Exit through the gift shop

3.The wild and wonderful whites of west virginia

4.The imposter

5.Blackfish

Seen all except imposter... What's that?
Cock Kool-Aid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2014, 07:53 AM   #8
gamecockphan
Household Name

Male

CockyCash: 2200
gamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot material

Art of the Steal

It's about the alleged theft of 25 billion in art by the Philadelphia museum.

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_A...eal_(2009_film)
gamecockphan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2014, 10:37 AM   #9
Transmaniacon
4-Star

Male

Transmaniacon rules the CockPitTransmaniacon rules the CockPitTransmaniacon rules the CockPitTransmaniacon rules the CockPitTransmaniacon rules the CockPitTransmaniacon rules the CockPitTransmaniacon rules the CockPitTransmaniacon rules the CockPitTransmaniacon rules the CockPitTransmaniacon rules the CockPitTransmaniacon rules the CockPit

The original documentary about Jessico White (entitled Dancing Outlaw) is much better than the MTV follow-up (The Wild and Wonderful Whites). I doubt it is on Netflix, however.

I don't currently have Netflix, but these are some great docs that were available for streaming back when I did have it.

Pulling John
Undefeated
Mr. Death (The Rise and Fall of [forgot his name])
Best Worst Movie
Indie Games

I'll think of some others. But, those are some I remember being on there.
Transmaniacon is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2014, 11:10 AM   #10
markp_vip
Bowl MVP

Male

CockyCash: 6001866
markp_vip is USC mascot materialmarkp_vip is USC mascot materialmarkp_vip is USC mascot materialmarkp_vip is USC mascot materialmarkp_vip is USC mascot materialmarkp_vip is USC mascot materialmarkp_vip is USC mascot materialmarkp_vip is USC mascot materialmarkp_vip is USC mascot materialmarkp_vip is USC mascot materialmarkp_vip is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metalrush24 View Post
Restrepo is really good

I wasn't as impressed with Blackfish as I expected to be. I didn't leave it as moved as others, but didn't find it to be horrible.
I'll second that, Restrepo was excellent! Pandora's Promise is another good documentary on Netflix.
Recently the difference between Clemson and Carolina has become clear. While Irrational People Talk About Yesterday, The Rational Ones Orchestrate Success Today. So as they desperately cling to their history, we continue to make history day by day.
markp_vip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2014, 11:14 AM   #11
Transmaniacon
4-Star

Male

Transmaniacon rules the CockPitTransmaniacon rules the CockPitTransmaniacon rules the CockPitTransmaniacon rules the CockPitTransmaniacon rules the CockPitTransmaniacon rules the CockPitTransmaniacon rules the CockPitTransmaniacon rules the CockPitTransmaniacon rules the CockPitTransmaniacon rules the CockPitTransmaniacon rules the CockPit

Also

Jesus Camp
The Up Documentaries
Harlan County, USA
Thin Blue Line
Salesman
The Devil and Daniel Johnston
Dig!
Who is Harry Nilsson and Why is Everyone Talking About Him
King of Kong

Some of those are bound to be on Netflix.
Transmaniacon is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2014, 11:16 AM   #12
GoldenSpur7
Praemonitus praemunitus

Male

CockyCash: 401
GoldenSpur7 is USC mascot materialGoldenSpur7 is USC mascot materialGoldenSpur7 is USC mascot materialGoldenSpur7 is USC mascot materialGoldenSpur7 is USC mascot materialGoldenSpur7 is USC mascot materialGoldenSpur7 is USC mascot materialGoldenSpur7 is USC mascot materialGoldenSpur7 is USC mascot materialGoldenSpur7 is USC mascot materialGoldenSpur7 is USC mascot material

Monarchy
GoldenSpur7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2014, 11:36 AM   #13
thekob
Household Name

Male

CockyCash: 100700
thekob is USC mascot materialthekob is USC mascot materialthekob is USC mascot materialthekob is USC mascot materialthekob is USC mascot materialthekob is USC mascot materialthekob is USC mascot materialthekob is USC mascot materialthekob is USC mascot materialthekob is USC mascot materialthekob is USC mascot material

"God Grew Tired Of Us"....about refugee boys from Sudan that were resettled in the US. Their utter amazement with everything we take for granted is very humbling, as is their drive to succeed. It was also interesting how American culture somehow changed some of them and they forgot their roots and became focused on material possessions.

Not sure if it's still on Netflix or not since I watched it a year or two ago.
thekob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2014, 11:41 AM   #14
markymark550
Game MVP

Male

markymark550 is USC mascot materialmarkymark550 is USC mascot materialmarkymark550 is USC mascot materialmarkymark550 is USC mascot materialmarkymark550 is USC mascot materialmarkymark550 is USC mascot materialmarkymark550 is USC mascot materialmarkymark550 is USC mascot materialmarkymark550 is USC mascot materialmarkymark550 is USC mascot materialmarkymark550 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by ktguen View Post
I've heard about the Wild and Wonderful Whites of West Virginia and tried to watch it, but it's not on my netflix for some reason. Were you able to access it on there?
I watched it on Netflix a couple of years ago. It seems to be one of those that comes and goes depending on the current contracts.
markymark550 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2014, 11:54 AM   #15
markymark550
Game MVP

Male

markymark550 is USC mascot materialmarkymark550 is USC mascot materialmarkymark550 is USC mascot materialmarkymark550 is USC mascot materialmarkymark550 is USC mascot materialmarkymark550 is USC mascot materialmarkymark550 is USC mascot materialmarkymark550 is USC mascot materialmarkymark550 is USC mascot materialmarkymark550 is USC mascot materialmarkymark550 is USC mascot material

Some of my favorites:
King of Kong
Beer Wars
Jiro Dreams of Sushi
ESPN 30 for 30 series
Maxed Out
Indie Game
Freakonomics
Super High Me

I pretty much use our Netflix account to watch documentaries. Watched enough of them that I forget them. My wife loved it when they allowed multiple profiles for an account so that what I would watch wouldn't mess up the suggested list for her.
Old 06-12-2014, 12:07 PM   #16
B-G
Game MVP

Male

B-G rules the CockPitB-G rules the CockPitB-G rules the CockPitB-G rules the CockPitB-G rules the CockPitB-G rules the CockPitB-G rules the CockPitB-G rules the CockPitB-G rules the CockPitB-G rules the CockPitB-G rules the CockPit

I really liked, The Smartest Guys in the Room and Mitt
Old 06-12-2014, 12:13 PM   #17
HeadCockFan
...where the Pampers is.

Male

CockyCash: 202781
HeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot material

Hard to find one that isn't depressing. I liked 'Mile... Mile and a Half.'
HeadCockFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2014, 12:19 PM   #18
catdaddy66
Former Walk On in-law

Male

CockyCash: 250018
catdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Transmaniacon View Post
The original documentary about Jessico White (entitled Dancing Outlaw) is much better than the MTV follow-up (The Wild and Wonderful Whites). I doubt it is on Netflix, however.

I don't currently have Netflix, but these are some great docs that were available for streaming back when I did have it.

Pulling John
Undefeated
Mr. Death (The Rise and Fall of [forgot his name])
Best Worst Movie
Indie Games

I'll think of some others. But, those are some I remember being on there.
This an awesome documentary by Errol Morris (I can't recall the guys name either)! Saw this a few years ago. Another Errol Morris documentary is 'The Thin Blue Line' which freed an innocent man convicted of murdering a Texas policeman. 'A Brief History of Time' explores the theories of Stephen Hawking and I believe was nominated for an Academy award...

On Netflix I watched 'A.K.A. Tommy Chong' about his 9-month incarceration for selling smoking paraphernalia across state lines, specifically Pennsylvania.

Last edited by catdaddy66; 06-12-2014 at 12:34 PM.
catdaddy66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2014, 01:19 PM   #19
markymark550
Game MVP

Male

Also enjoyed:
Pink Ribbons, Inc.
This Film is Not Yet Rated
Old 06-12-2014, 02:44 PM   #20
ipull4usc
Two Deep

Male

ipull4usc rules the CockPitipull4usc rules the CockPitipull4usc rules the CockPitipull4usc rules the CockPitipull4usc rules the CockPitipull4usc rules the CockPitipull4usc rules the CockPitipull4usc rules the CockPitipull4usc rules the CockPitipull4usc rules the CockPitipull4usc rules the CockPit

Along with a few that have already been mentioned, I enjoyed:

Man on Wire
An Idiot Abroad (not a traditional documentary, but a comedy docu-series)
ESPN 30 for 30 series

-- George Burns
ipull4usc is offline   Reply With Quote