CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Proving Ground

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
Order 66
snruter amabon
NineInchSpurs
NJGCfan
SwampFox
GamecockInHell
eightohhthree
trapper82
scfanz
kabercr2
Winston (3628)
New Photos by Travis (2199)
For the love of God! (1801)
SOS: No QB controve (1256)
Waldrop injured (1243)
ESPN reporter adding (1182)
Sig I'm giving a Daw (698)
Just read this. (551)
Acock's SEC Wrap Up (497)
In light of our matc (490)
Christian Walker called u
In light of our matchup w
Waldrop injured
SOS: No QB controversy
2015 Commitment - Shameik
The SEC East schedule fro
Winston
Just read this.
How we won the UGA game:
ESPN reporter adding to t

Old 05-06-2013, 10:14 PM   #1
CoverTwo
CockyTalk's Recruitnik

Male

2009 Awards: Awards for best Posters - Given for: Best Football Poster of 2009 
CockyCash: 101200
CoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot material
Default 2015 - Tim Settle

Quote:
5/4/2013: South Carolina Gamecocks offer Tim Settle
per 247 Timeline

Rivals Bio

Scout Bio

ESPN Bio

247 Bio

As you walk down the fairway of life you must smell the roses, for you only get to play one round. - Ben Hogan
CoverTwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2013, 03:40 PM   #2
CoverTwo
CockyTalk's Recruitnik

Male

CoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot material
Default Re: 2015 - Tim Settle

Article via 247

As you walk down the fairway of life you must smell the roses, for you only get to play one round. - Ben Hogan
Old 05-24-2013, 05:53 PM   #3
NJGCfan
5* Recruit

Male

CockyCash: 500
NJGCfan has developed his gaff and talonsNJGCfan has developed his gaff and talonsNJGCfan has developed his gaff and talonsNJGCfan has developed his gaff and talonsNJGCfan has developed his gaff and talonsNJGCfan has developed his gaff and talonsNJGCfan has developed his gaff and talonsNJGCfan has developed his gaff and talonsNJGCfan has developed his gaff and talonsNJGCfan has developed his gaff and talonsNJGCfan has developed his gaff and talons

Nice surprise to have another 5* player on the Defensive Line in 2015 give us a serious look. Maybe he sees Blackshear committed and the good chance we might also land Huggins and he wants to be a part of a great line that could up opportunities for him. That would be a nasty line
Old 05-24-2013, 06:30 PM   #4
b381l
Heisman Winner

Male

CockyCash: 52205
b381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot material

I think this is a function of Deke working the state of Virginia now......just down the road from Hand.
b381l is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2013, 09:34 PM   #5
FearThethumbandDJ
Starter

Male

CockyCash: 1000
FearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPitFearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPitFearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPitFearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPitFearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPitFearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPitFearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPitFearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPitFearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPitFearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPitFearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPit

What is with all of these stud lineman coming from Virginia?
FearThethumbandDJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2013, 09:32 PM   #6
CoverTwo
CockyTalk's Recruitnik

Male

Quote:
Class of 2015 defensive tackle Tim Settle (Manassas, Va./Stonewall Jackson) showed he was deserving of his lofty ranking as the No. 2 defensive tackle prospect in the 2015 class by showing outstanding quickness for a prospect his size. His arm length and hand quickness also are elite.
Link: http://247sports.com/Article/Columbu...-talent-133418

Quote:
Ohio State is one of the early leaders for Manassas (Va.) Stonewall Jackson five-star defensive tackle Tim Settle, and the 6-foot-3, 307-pound standout will visit the Buckeyes campus before performing on Sunday. Settle is ranked as the nation’s No. 2 defensive tackle and No. 8 prospect overall. The likes of Alabama, North Carolina, South Carolina, Virginia, Virginia Tech and Wisconsin have also offered.
Link: http://247sports.com/Article/Ohio-Ni...Preview-133009

Old 08-11-2013, 10:52 PM   #7
CoverTwo
CockyTalk's Recruitnik

Male

Article via Scout

Old 08-15-2013, 09:18 PM   #8
CoverTwo
CockyTalk's Recruitnik

Male

Article via Scout

Quote:
“People across the nation know about Da'Shawn Hand and Andrew Brown from Virginia's 2014 class, and now everyone will know Tim Settle in the 2015 class,” said national recruiting analysis out of the east Brian Dohn. “He is as dominant an interior defensive lineman as there is in high school. He has speed off the ball, he is powerful, he uses his hands well, has versatility in his moves and is crazy-athletic.

“Settle runs plays down from behind, he overpowers offensive linemen, he beats them with his explosion at the snap and he plays with a low pad level to win leverage battles. If it sounds like there is a ton to love about Settle, well, there is.”

Settle was in the discussion for the top 2015 prospect in the country on Scout. The order will be released on Tuesday, so you can see just where Settle and the other 20 prospects sit in the Scout 100.
Link: http://recruiting.scout.com/2/1315336.html

Old 09-24-2013, 10:13 PM   #9
CoverTwo
CockyTalk's Recruitnik

Male

Article via 247

Old 11-12-2013, 09:42 PM   #10
CoverTwo
CockyTalk's Recruitnik

Male

Quote:
With several offers, junior DL Tim Settle (6-3 307) of Manassas, VA does not have any favorites but he knows when he will make a decision. “I’m going to commit on October 18th, 2014,” Settle said. “I want my senior season to be in full swing and that will give me time to take all of my official visits.” Settle has not determined which schools he will visit and says he has no favorites. “I’m looking for a school with good academics and a place I can live and be taken care of,” he said. “I don’t know if distance from home matters.” Included in his offers are USC and Clemson. He likes both programs. “I saw Clemson play this weekend at Virginia,” Settle said. “I know they’re one of the top ACC programs. South Carolina always has a phenomenal defense and is a top SEC school. I plan on visiting both schools.” He has visited Virginia, Virginia Tech, Michigan, Alabama and Ohio State and will visit North Carolina again this weekend. He has plans to attend the UVA-Virginia Tech game as well. His other offers include Alabama, Florida, Florida State, Virginia, Virginia Tech, North Carolina, Duke, Iowa, Ohio State, Oklahoma, Tennessee, UCLA and Wisconsin. Settle has totaled over 70 tackles, 28 for loss, two sacks and four forced fumbles this season.
Link: http://sportstalksc.com/index.php/20...-this-weekend/

Old 11-12-2013, 10:50 PM   #11
4gamecockfb
Starter

Male

CockyCash: 200
4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons

hope deke can work some magic
4gamecockfb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2014, 12:33 AM   #12
CoverTwo
CockyTalk's Recruitnik

Male

Kornblut updates since NSD:

Quote:
DL Tim Settle of Manassas, VA is one of the top prospects in the country and has nearly 35 offers at this point. Clemson and USC have long been on board with him. Settle was at Clemson’s junior day earlier this month. “It was an amazing visit,” he said. “I will be going back up there. I liked the atmosphere, the stadium the facilities, the team they have and the upcoming program. Coach (Dan) Brooks is one of my favorite defensive line coaches.” Settle talked with Clemson defensive coordinator Brent Venables Wednesday. He’s not heard from USC recently but plans to visit there in April during his spring break. Settle will visit West Virginia Saturday and is also going to visit Virginia, Rutgers and Penn State. He does not plan to shorten his list and he will announce a decision at the Under Armour Game in January. “Every school is equal,” he said. “I’m giving every one an opportunity.” Last season Settle had 92 tackles with 37 for loss, 4 sacks, 4 deflections, 3 forced fumbles and 1 fumble recovery.
Link: http://sportstalksc.com/index.php/20...c-this-spring/

Old 05-01-2014, 11:28 PM   #13
CoverTwo
CockyTalk's Recruitnik

Male

Quote:
-Manassas (Va.) Stonewall Jackson five-star defensive tackle Tim Settle looked good at 323-pounds, a lot of it muscle. During 1-on-1s, he was at his best using his spin move. He said the three programs making him feel like the biggest priority were Florida State, Tennessee and Clemson. His favorites change often.
Link: http://247sports.com/Article/Washing...-More-28346423

Old 05-10-2014, 12:20 PM   #14
Ericvol2096
1st Team All-SEC

Male

Ericvol2096 is USC mascot materialEricvol2096 is USC mascot materialEricvol2096 is USC mascot materialEricvol2096 is USC mascot materialEricvol2096 is USC mascot materialEricvol2096 is USC mascot materialEricvol2096 is USC mascot materialEricvol2096 is USC mascot materialEricvol2096 is USC mascot materialEricvol2096 is USC mascot materialEricvol2096 is USC mascot material

Released top 15 in order
Vols #1
Bama #2
Clemson #3

That is the 3rd 5 star to name us their favorite in the last month!
Ericvol2096 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2014, 12:35 PM   #15
garnet_black215
Section 509, Row 13

Male

CockyCash: 1350
garnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ericvol2096 View Post
Released top 15 in order
Vols #1
Bama #2
Clemson #3

Must be nice.
garnet_black215 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2014, 12:53 PM   #16
Cockypantherfan
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 200
Cockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot material

Why is Clem #3?
Cockypantherfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2014, 01:01 PM   #17
athenscock2
Blue Chip

Male

athenscock2 has developed his gaff and talonsathenscock2 has developed his gaff and talonsathenscock2 has developed his gaff and talonsathenscock2 has developed his gaff and talonsathenscock2 has developed his gaff and talonsathenscock2 has developed his gaff and talonsathenscock2 has developed his gaff and talonsathenscock2 has developed his gaff and talonsathenscock2 has developed his gaff and talonsathenscock2 has developed his gaff and talonsathenscock2 has developed his gaff and talons

I look to my dad as my mentor. Let's hope ole dad likes us.
athenscock2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2014, 05:50 PM   #18
FearThethumbandDJ
Starter

Male

CockyCash: 1000
FearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPitFearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPitFearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPitFearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPitFearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPitFearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPitFearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPitFearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPitFearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPitFearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPitFearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPit

Quote:
Released top 15 in order
Vols #1
Bama #2
Clemson #3

link?
FearThethumbandDJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2014, 06:10 PM   #19
MikeTrainNC8
Cock of the Walk

Male

CockyCash: 66034
MikeTrainNC8 is USC mascot materialMikeTrainNC8 is USC mascot materialMikeTrainNC8 is USC mascot materialMikeTrainNC8 is USC mascot materialMikeTrainNC8 is USC mascot materialMikeTrainNC8 is USC mascot materialMikeTrainNC8 is USC mascot materialMikeTrainNC8 is USC mascot materialMikeTrainNC8 is USC mascot materialMikeTrainNC8 is USC mascot materialMikeTrainNC8 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Released top 15 in order
Vols #1
Bama #2
Clemson #3

Who cares?
Old 05-12-2014, 04:57 PM   #20
Ericvol2096
1st Team All-SEC

Male

Ericvol2096 is USC mascot materialEricvol2096 is USC mascot materialEricvol2096 is USC mascot materialEricvol2096 is USC mascot materialEricvol2096 is USC mascot materialEricvol2096 is USC mascot materialEricvol2096 is USC mascot materialEricvol2096 is USC mascot materialEricvol2096 is USC mascot materialEricvol2096 is USC mascot materialEricvol2096 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by FearThethumbandDJ View Post
link?
List was posted on his twitter.

https://twitter.com/tim_settle/statu...755968/photo/1

Why is Tennessee his top school?

“They show the most love,” Settle said. “Also, whenever I visited, I just loved it up there. I had great time and it is my favorite visit I’ve taken so far And I have good relationship with the coaching staff – and it's all about recruiting.”

-scout

From our Rivals staff after he named us leader

Quote:
I knew he certainly liked Tennessee and that they were one of his top schools. I was told that Tennessee and Clemson were likely the top two for him so just a little surprised Alabama is in front of Clemson, but knew they were strongly in the mix.

Elder, Thigpen, Azzanni, Strip, have all done a good job letting him know he is a priority.

-Fortenberry
Ericvol2096 is offline   Reply With Quote