CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Community > iCocky

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
CockyLifer
ZenUSC
The Yancey
5lbYardcock
GH
18IsTheMan
StormOfTalons
ut_vols13
conwaycock2
garnet_black215
Gamecock football Lo (2135)
Mike Davis "dou (1846)
Gamecocks D staff re (1262)
The Demise of the 3- (1049)
who thinks we need a (960)
Pirate Depth Chart (914)
Past SEC Champions w (659)
Reginald Bowens (629)
Why didn't Wes Green (530)
Eastern Michigan's C (344)
The Demise of the 3-4
Did we ever go after Kenn
Mike Davis "doubtful
Tanner McEvoy should've s
Carolina opens -15.5
Past SEC Champions who ha
East Carolina Prediction
New app: South Carolina G
Connor Shaw Browns
Eastern Michigan's Concre

Old 06-13-2014, 03:53 PM   #1
diehardgamecock
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 101109992
diehardgamecock rules the CockPitdiehardgamecock rules the CockPitdiehardgamecock rules the CockPitdiehardgamecock rules the CockPitdiehardgamecock rules the CockPitdiehardgamecock rules the CockPitdiehardgamecock rules the CockPitdiehardgamecock rules the CockPitdiehardgamecock rules the CockPitdiehardgamecock rules the CockPitdiehardgamecock rules the CockPit
Default destiny

ok. i officially don't get it. i'm in the alpha...i don't understand the uber-hype for this game. it seems i am the only gamer on the planet who isn't going bonkers for this thing. and i'm an FPS fan.

it's pretty, even in the alpha form...i'll give it that.

diehardgamecock is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2014, 09:34 AM   #2
sandstorm2001
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 100700
sandstorm2001 is USC mascot materialsandstorm2001 is USC mascot materialsandstorm2001 is USC mascot materialsandstorm2001 is USC mascot materialsandstorm2001 is USC mascot materialsandstorm2001 is USC mascot materialsandstorm2001 is USC mascot materialsandstorm2001 is USC mascot materialsandstorm2001 is USC mascot materialsandstorm2001 is USC mascot materialsandstorm2001 is USC mascot material
Default Re: destiny

Yeah I was watching a friend stream the alpha and it didn't really look too exciting. I got bored after watching for 10 or 15 minutes.
Old 06-15-2014, 11:55 AM   #3
ReadR00ster
2nd Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 510
ReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot material

Beacause it's an online shooter with a large open world in a Halo like style that is visually impressive with character creation and customization and leveling. It's kind of like Fallout meets Halo in a next gen online game. At least that is the impression I get from it.
ReadR00ster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2014, 08:32 PM   #4
rioninusc
Two Deep

Male

CockyCash: 555
rioninusc rules the CockPitrioninusc rules the CockPitrioninusc rules the CockPitrioninusc rules the CockPitrioninusc rules the CockPitrioninusc rules the CockPitrioninusc rules the CockPitrioninusc rules the CockPitrioninusc rules the CockPitrioninusc rules the CockPitrioninusc rules the CockPit

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReadR00ster View Post
Beacause it's an online shooter with a large open world in a Halo like style that is visually impressive with character creation and customization and leveling. It's kind of like Fallout meets Halo in a next gen online game. At least that is the impression I get from it.
Yeah it's more like a RPG/FPS. Games like BF, and COD as well as Halo have simple things added to them, and get you right into the action. Did you like Fallout 3 Diehard?
rioninusc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2014, 08:51 PM   #5
ReadR00ster
2nd Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 510
ReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by rioninusc View Post
Yeah it's more like a RPG/FPS. Games like BF, and COD as well as Halo have simple things added to them, and get you right into the action. Did you like Fallout 3 Diehard?
I didn't play it. I only ever played Fallout 3 and that was enough for me. It doesn't seem like something I would like. I never really got in to those Ultima style games. Ultima Underworld not included because it was more like a elder scrolls first person RPG but way before.
ReadR00ster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2014, 09:36 PM   #6
diehardgamecock
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 101109992
diehardgamecock rules the CockPitdiehardgamecock rules the CockPitdiehardgamecock rules the CockPitdiehardgamecock rules the CockPitdiehardgamecock rules the CockPitdiehardgamecock rules the CockPitdiehardgamecock rules the CockPitdiehardgamecock rules the CockPitdiehardgamecock rules the CockPitdiehardgamecock rules the CockPitdiehardgamecock rules the CockPit

Quote:
Originally Posted by rioninusc View Post

i didn't play fallout.

i've read some more reviews and whatnot since starting this thread. i guess what i didn't get was that this is more of a "single player" type FPS game...yes, there is cooperative play, but that appears to be a vehicle to move through the story type modes. it's not really a game for those looking for player vs. player FPS action, even though it does have that mode (and i tried it...didn't hook me).

i'm glad those of you that are into this type of game are getting what appears to be a really polished one...i just don't think it's for me. i will likely pass on this one.

diehardgamecock is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2014, 10:04 PM   #7
Cockadoo
Starter

Male

CockyCash: 500
Cockadoo rules the CockPitCockadoo rules the CockPitCockadoo rules the CockPitCockadoo rules the CockPitCockadoo rules the CockPitCockadoo rules the CockPitCockadoo rules the CockPitCockadoo rules the CockPitCockadoo rules the CockPitCockadoo rules the CockPitCockadoo rules the CockPit

Destiny' Playstation 4 and Playstation 3 exclusive content announced

Quote:
It starts with the Dust Palace Strike, a three-player co-op mission that takes place on Mars. There players will encounter the Cabal amid a buried human skyscraper and a new enemy, the Psion Flayers.

The new competitive multiplayer map is named “Exodus Blue” and is a mid-sized arena geared towards Control and Skirmish games modes. It is set in an ancient human spaceship used to transport passengers to new worlds.

The new gear includes the Manifold Seeker for Warlocks, Vanir for Titans and Argus for Hunters. There’s also the Monte Carlo assault rifle, with a rather dangerous looking fixed bayonet, and the Hawkmoon hand cannon complete with intricate “hawk feather” etchings. Both weapons are upgradeable.

New ships are included as well, though they are mostly decoration in “Destiny.” They include the Aurora Wake, Crypt Hammer and Outrageous Fortune. You can check out all three in the slideshow gallery.
http://www.examiner.com/article/dest...tent-announced

Cockadoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2014, 09:49 AM   #8
uscGRAD04
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 833
uscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot material

I was thinking today was the day the beta begins. But apparently that's just for PS4 and Xbox 1 is next week. So anybody on the PS4 playing let us know how it is.
uscGRAD04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2014, 09:55 AM   #9
The Yancey
Grumpy Old Fart

Male

2009 Awards: Awards for best Posters - Given for: Best Signature 
CockyCash: 4751350
The Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by diehardgamecock View Post
i didn't play fallout.
Dude. Get the game. It is uber cheap on Steam sales.

Order Of The Spur
The Yancey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2014, 11:49 AM   #10
SECgamecock453
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 15800
SECgamecock453 rules the CockPitSECgamecock453 rules the CockPitSECgamecock453 rules the CockPitSECgamecock453 rules the CockPitSECgamecock453 rules the CockPitSECgamecock453 rules the CockPitSECgamecock453 rules the CockPitSECgamecock453 rules the CockPitSECgamecock453 rules the CockPitSECgamecock453 rules the CockPitSECgamecock453 rules the CockPit
Send a message via AIM to SECgamecock453

I lost all interest in most console games after getting a gaming PC back in April and having Steam.
Old 07-17-2014, 05:03 PM   #11
Spurred
Starter

Male

CockyCash: 1005500
Spurred rules the CockPitSpurred rules the CockPitSpurred rules the CockPitSpurred rules the CockPitSpurred rules the CockPitSpurred rules the CockPitSpurred rules the CockPitSpurred rules the CockPitSpurred rules the CockPitSpurred rules the CockPitSpurred rules the CockPit
Send a message via AIM to Spurred Send a message via Yahoo to Spurred

If anyone has extra beta code for ps4 let me know
Old 07-17-2014, 05:11 PM   #12
GoonSquad
Recruitnik

Male

CockyCash: 21400
GoonSquad is USC mascot materialGoonSquad is USC mascot materialGoonSquad is USC mascot materialGoonSquad is USC mascot materialGoonSquad is USC mascot materialGoonSquad is USC mascot materialGoonSquad is USC mascot materialGoonSquad is USC mascot materialGoonSquad is USC mascot materialGoonSquad is USC mascot materialGoonSquad is USC mascot material

Not excited. Evolve has me excited though.
GoonSquad is offline   Reply With Quote