CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Community > iCocky

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
Coulwoodwarlord
JerseyBird
kingofnerf
markymark550
johnnyb
MisterClowney
Dietz
The Yancey
doubledribble
robgusc76
**USC vs. Miami (Ohi (1623)
2015 SEC Women's Tou (1457)
The Next 3 Years (615)
Brandon Marshall Tra (585)
We want Tim Howard (572)
Winter Workout Wrap- (522)
The Canadians did it (321)
Welcome to the AChea (268)
Forrest Koumas (206)
Smooth and Cack (178)
**USC vs. Arkansas GAME T
2015 SEC Women's Tourname
Sunshine
Kane Whitehurst no longer
**USC vs. Miami (Ohio) GA
Forrest Koumas
2016 - WBB - Natalie Chou
Attrition rates
Looking for leadership at
Winter Workout Wrap-Up

Old 02-12-2015, 02:53 PM   #1
GamecockSuperFan
7-6

Male

CockyCash: 999650
GamecockSuperFan is USC mascot materialGamecockSuperFan is USC mascot materialGamecockSuperFan is USC mascot materialGamecockSuperFan is USC mascot materialGamecockSuperFan is USC mascot materialGamecockSuperFan is USC mascot materialGamecockSuperFan is USC mascot materialGamecockSuperFan is USC mascot materialGamecockSuperFan is USC mascot materialGamecockSuperFan is USC mascot materialGamecockSuperFan is USC mascot material
Default Murdered out my Macbook (Pics Inside)

Something i've been wanting to do for awhile. I didn't take a real professional approach to it, so it's something anyone can do at home if they want.

Instead of taping up my macbook in all the small areas, I just bought a clear plastic cover for my laptop that clips on the top screen and onto the bottom.

You can use plasti-dip. It's a removable rubber coating thats great for metal, plastic, or glass. Comes in a spray can. I've used it on the emblems on my car and there hasn't been a single sign of it fading or peeling off and it's been over 6 months. It can be found just about anywhere. I went to Lowe's and purchased "FlexiDip" and it's pretty much the exact same thing.

So I started by just applying some coats. Did about 10 coats, which doesn't take long cause it dries rather quickly. Once I got the coating to the way I wanted and it was dry, I just clipped the cover back onto my macbook.

I know people will be like "Oh but the inside is still silver what the?" .... look if you want to paper/tape up your screen and keyboard by all means go for it. It will look a lot cooler but I just didn't feel like getting possible overspray on my macbook today and making more work for myself. I already had these covers so I started by painting them first. Maybe in the future i'll do the whole thing, but this simply prevented me from screwing up perfectly good looking macbook.

I could've taken a better final picture. Now that it's in the house, and super dry and all I think it looks much better than the picture I posted. Owell.
GamecockSuperFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2015, 06:56 PM   #2
MisterClowney
It's A Revolution

Male

CockyCash: 685
MisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot material
Default Re: Murdered out my Macbook (Pics Inside)

Wondering why you didn't just buy a black plastic case?

http://www.speckproducts.com/macbook...o-seethru.html
Old 02-13-2015, 12:00 AM   #3
Storm Of Spurs
Two Deep

Male

CockyCash: 10800
Storm Of Spurs is USC mascot materialStorm Of Spurs is USC mascot materialStorm Of Spurs is USC mascot materialStorm Of Spurs is USC mascot materialStorm Of Spurs is USC mascot materialStorm Of Spurs is USC mascot materialStorm Of Spurs is USC mascot materialStorm Of Spurs is USC mascot materialStorm Of Spurs is USC mascot materialStorm Of Spurs is USC mascot materialStorm Of Spurs is USC mascot material

Depending on how many cans it took...his way was cheaper.
Old 02-13-2015, 02:05 AM   #4
MisterClowney
It's A Revolution

Male

MisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Storm Of Spurs View Post
Depending on how many cans it took...his way was cheaper.
Well he still bought a clear plastic case.

Why not just buy a black one?
Old 02-13-2015, 02:21 AM   #5
Storm Of Spurs
Two Deep

Male

CockyCash: 10800
Storm Of Spurs is USC mascot materialStorm Of Spurs is USC mascot materialStorm Of Spurs is USC mascot materialStorm Of Spurs is USC mascot materialStorm Of Spurs is USC mascot materialStorm Of Spurs is USC mascot materialStorm Of Spurs is USC mascot materialStorm Of Spurs is USC mascot materialStorm Of Spurs is USC mascot materialStorm Of Spurs is USC mascot materialStorm Of Spurs is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterClowney View Post
Well he still bought a clear plastic case.

Why not just buy a black one?
Ahhh...actually missed the part where he said he bought a case. I thought he just painted the laptop as is.

Still possible that what he bought came out cheaper than $50 I guess. And maybe he likes the rubber coating as opposed to the plastic one.
Old 02-13-2015, 02:25 AM   #6
MisterClowney
It's A Revolution

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by Storm Of Spurs View Post
Ahhh...actually missed the part where he said he bought a case. I thought he just painted the laptop as is.

Still possible that what he bought came out cheaper than $50 I guess. And maybe he likes the rubber coating as opposed to the plastic one.
True. I actually have a black case on my macbook. I've had it for over 3 years now. Was just wondering if there was some sort of benefit to his method.
Old 02-13-2015, 08:52 AM   #7
johnnyb
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Male

CockyCash: 1715674460
johnnyb is USC mascot materialjohnnyb is USC mascot materialjohnnyb is USC mascot materialjohnnyb is USC mascot materialjohnnyb is USC mascot materialjohnnyb is USC mascot materialjohnnyb is USC mascot materialjohnnyb is USC mascot materialjohnnyb is USC mascot materialjohnnyb is USC mascot materialjohnnyb is USC mascot material

sometimes plasticoat has a "grippy" texture, kinda like the rhino lining for truck beds, but not as aggressive, this could have been what he was going for. Or it could have been something just for kicks, to see how it would look if he did it as opposed to a pre made thing.

To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason is like administering medicine to the dead.
johnnyb is offline   Reply With Quote