CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Community > The Water Cooler

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
Gamecocks1137
thumpin big
SMOTFS86
Cockypantherfan
gamecockphan
Lonnie
taylorssc
robgusc76
CoverTwo
U-Dub Gamecock
Spurrier on Pharoah: (4127)
USC/clemson spread (1797)
In case no one saw.. (1454)
Bowl projections (1342)
Why has there been 4 (761)
Odell Becham Catch (759)
A little late to the (698)
Tiger Burn (538)
Texas A&M Defens (397)
No excuse for the D (373)
Carolina-Clemson Trophy
The Defense
Good Omen for Saturday?
Bowl projections
USC/clemson spread
weekend conference Predic
Texans getting frustrated
Drew Owens missing?
Shaq Roland
THE Vent and Coaching Cha

Old 02-09-2014, 11:01 PM   #1
taylorssc
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 200
taylorssc is USC mascot materialtaylorssc is USC mascot materialtaylorssc is USC mascot materialtaylorssc is USC mascot materialtaylorssc is USC mascot materialtaylorssc is USC mascot materialtaylorssc is USC mascot materialtaylorssc is USC mascot materialtaylorssc is USC mascot materialtaylorssc is USC mascot materialtaylorssc is USC mascot material
Default Walking Dead Question

New to the show, watching it for the first time tonight. Quick question, why doesn't anybody get in a car and drove out of that town?
taylorssc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2014, 11:03 PM   #2
johnnyb
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Male

CockyCash: 1715674460
johnnyb is USC mascot materialjohnnyb is USC mascot materialjohnnyb is USC mascot materialjohnnyb is USC mascot materialjohnnyb is USC mascot materialjohnnyb is USC mascot materialjohnnyb is USC mascot materialjohnnyb is USC mascot materialjohnnyb is USC mascot materialjohnnyb is USC mascot materialjohnnyb is USC mascot material
Default Re: Walking Dead Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by taylorssc View Post
New to the show, watching it for the first time tonight. Quick question, why doesn't anybody get in a car and drove out of that town?
for what purpose?

To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason is like administering medicine to the dead.
johnnyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2014, 11:03 PM   #3
johnnyb
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Male

johnnyb is USC mascot materialjohnnyb is USC mascot materialjohnnyb is USC mascot materialjohnnyb is USC mascot materialjohnnyb is USC mascot materialjohnnyb is USC mascot materialjohnnyb is USC mascot materialjohnnyb is USC mascot materialjohnnyb is USC mascot materialjohnnyb is USC mascot materialjohnnyb is USC mascot material

its worldwide, not just isolated to one town/state/nation

To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason is like administering medicine to the dead.
Old 02-09-2014, 11:05 PM   #4
taylorssc
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

taylorssc is USC mascot materialtaylorssc is USC mascot materialtaylorssc is USC mascot materialtaylorssc is USC mascot materialtaylorssc is USC mascot materialtaylorssc is USC mascot materialtaylorssc is USC mascot materialtaylorssc is USC mascot materialtaylorssc is USC mascot materialtaylorssc is USC mascot materialtaylorssc is USC mascot material

Gotcha. The show doesn't give any information as to how widespread it is.
Old 02-09-2014, 11:06 PM   #5
johnnyb
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Male

Quote:
Gotcha. The show doesn't give any information as to how widespread it is.
well...you are jumping in 4.5 seasons in, that is discussed in the first (maybe hit on again in the second)

Old 02-09-2014, 11:10 PM   #6
taylorssc
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

Thanks Johnny.
Old 02-09-2014, 11:12 PM   #7
johnnyb
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Male

Quote:
Thanks Johnny.
just giving you a hard time man, if you have netflix the first 3 seasons are availablr streaming there, if not they are floating around on the web

Old 02-09-2014, 11:23 PM   #8
taylorssc
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnyb View Post
just giving you a hard time man, if you have netflix the first 3 seasons are availablr streaming there, if not they are floating around on the web
I'll check it out on Netflix. I'm not home much, so I don't even have cable. Just staying at the folks for the night, dad loves this show. He wasn't sure if the scope had been addressed.
Old 02-09-2014, 11:36 PM   #9
bigdog2003
Future Coaching Legend

Male

CockyCash: 999762
bigdog2003 is USC mascot materialbigdog2003 is USC mascot materialbigdog2003 is USC mascot materialbigdog2003 is USC mascot materialbigdog2003 is USC mascot materialbigdog2003 is USC mascot materialbigdog2003 is USC mascot materialbigdog2003 is USC mascot materialbigdog2003 is USC mascot materialbigdog2003 is USC mascot materialbigdog2003 is USC mascot material

Quote:
I'll check it out on Netflix. I'm not home much, so I don't even have cable. Just staying at the folks for the night, dad loves this show. He wasn't sure if the scope had been addressed.
I think the CDC episode brings up the scope of it.

bigdog2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2014, 01:22 PM   #10
92Pony
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 1015010
92Pony is developing his comb92Pony is developing his comb92Pony is developing his comb92Pony is developing his comb92Pony is developing his comb92Pony is developing his comb92Pony is developing his comb92Pony is developing his comb92Pony is developing his comb92Pony is developing his comb

Quote:
I saw a couple of weeks ago where Target, I think it was, had the complete 1st season for $10 or $15 on disc.
92Pony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2014, 01:22 PM   #11
rioninusc
Starter

Male

CockyCash: 555
rioninusc rules the CockPitrioninusc rules the CockPitrioninusc rules the CockPitrioninusc rules the CockPitrioninusc rules the CockPitrioninusc rules the CockPitrioninusc rules the CockPitrioninusc rules the CockPitrioninusc rules the CockPitrioninusc rules the CockPitrioninusc rules the CockPit

I've been reading the comics, and the show is following the settings of the comics almost to a T. The rest of this season will be crazy if they keep to that trend.
rioninusc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2014, 02:15 PM   #12
gamecockphan
Household Name

Male

CockyCash: 2200
gamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot material

Quote:

If you have limited time and are looking to watch some good TV, please AVOID The Walking Dead.

If you're a fan of smart TV with good acting and a solid plot, you will not like this show. If you are a fan of the Zombie genre and want to see some action sequeneces then you will like the show.

It's got a huge following and peeople genuinely like it. Just wanted to give the heads up before you invest time in it. It sucks to get "Dextered" by a show.
gamecockphan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2014, 03:30 PM   #13
SR4-AJ1
Game MVP

Male

CockyCash: 9708333
SR4-AJ1 is crowing loudlySR4-AJ1 is crowing loudlySR4-AJ1 is crowing loudlySR4-AJ1 is crowing loudlySR4-AJ1 is crowing loudlySR4-AJ1 is crowing loudlySR4-AJ1 is crowing loudlySR4-AJ1 is crowing loudlySR4-AJ1 is crowing loudlySR4-AJ1 is crowing loudlySR4-AJ1 is crowing loudly

Quote:
Originally Posted by rioninusc View Post
I've been reading the comics, and the show is following the settings of the comics almost to a T. The rest of this season will be crazy if they keep to that trend.

Thank The Lord the past season has been quite dull IMO

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
SR4-AJ1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2014, 03:44 PM   #14
Sparky Rock
Walk On

Male

CockyCash: 500
Sparky Rock has hatched from the shell

I really like the show. However, the third season was a little slow in places. The first 2 seasons are the best. A majority of the show is filmed 15 minutes from my house in Senoia, Georgia.
Sparky Rock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2014, 04:10 PM   #15
nin_usc_freak92
Class of 2015

Male

CockyCash: 3400
nin_usc_freak92 rules the CockPitnin_usc_freak92 rules the CockPitnin_usc_freak92 rules the CockPitnin_usc_freak92 rules the CockPitnin_usc_freak92 rules the CockPitnin_usc_freak92 rules the CockPitnin_usc_freak92 rules the CockPitnin_usc_freak92 rules the CockPitnin_usc_freak92 rules the CockPitnin_usc_freak92 rules the CockPitnin_usc_freak92 rules the CockPit

The scope is addressed. To summarize it (I think they discover this during the first season) the virus is airborne and worldwide (if I'm not mistaken). That said, anyone that dies, whether they're bitten by a walker or not, will eventually turn into one. So technically all of the characters in the show (and presumably any other survivors in the world) are pre-infected.

The car situation is the same problem as there is now - no gas. They had cars for a while and still do from time to time, but they eventually have to ditch them for some reason or can't drive anywhere worthwhile (because of abandoned cars blocking roads, zombie hordes, etc etc).

If you want to get the full effect from the show start from the beginning. It doesn't matter if you jump in the middle with a sitcom because every episode is different and they don't rely on plot continuity and character development. You wouldn't start Breaking Bad in season 4 and expect to know what's going on, so why do it with Walking Dead? As stated above, Netflix is your friend and time should be made. You can watch it on smartphones, computers, and tablets too.

Note: Especially since you started with last night's episode, I doubt you enjoyed it very much. It was nothing but character development between Carl and Rick, and then Michonne's personal character development. She's known as the typical badass with her katana sword and rarely shows weak emotion (crying, sympathy, etc) and last night was the first time anyone got a glimpse into her personal life since she was introduced as a new character in season 2 or 3 that came out of nowhere (the woods, to be exact).
Old 02-10-2014, 04:22 PM   #16
qock
Recruit

Male

CockyCash: 500
qock has earned his spursqock has earned his spursqock has earned his spursqock has earned his spursqock has earned his spursqock has earned his spurs

I want to know who does the lawn at the house Rick and Carl stayed in during the episode last night. It looked really well taken care for a place that's been suffering from the zombie apocalypse for a while.
qock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2014, 04:40 PM   #17
taylorssc
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by SR4-AJ1 View Post
Thank The Lord the past season has been quite dull IMO

I thought that about last nights episode. It was my first, but it seemed very slow and nothing happened.
Old 02-10-2014, 04:45 PM   #18
SR4-AJ1
Game MVP

Male

CockyCash: 9708333
SR4-AJ1 is crowing loudlySR4-AJ1 is crowing loudlySR4-AJ1 is crowing loudlySR4-AJ1 is crowing loudlySR4-AJ1 is crowing loudlySR4-AJ1 is crowing loudlySR4-AJ1 is crowing loudlySR4-AJ1 is crowing loudlySR4-AJ1 is crowing loudlySR4-AJ1 is crowing loudlySR4-AJ1 is crowing loudly

Quote:
I thought that about last nights episode. It was my first, but it seemed very slow and nothing happened.

Yeah I felt the same way. The first two seasons seemed to be where it all happened

SR4-AJ1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2014, 06:30 PM   #19
nin_usc_freak92
Class of 2015

Male

CockyCash: 3400
nin_usc_freak92 rules the CockPitnin_usc_freak92 rules the CockPitnin_usc_freak92 rules the CockPitnin_usc_freak92 rules the CockPitnin_usc_freak92 rules the CockPitnin_usc_freak92 rules the CockPitnin_usc_freak92 rules the CockPitnin_usc_freak92 rules the CockPitnin_usc_freak92 rules the CockPitnin_usc_freak92 rules the CockPitnin_usc_freak92 rules the CockPit

Quote:
Originally Posted by SR4-AJ1 View Post
Yeah I felt the same way. The first two seasons seemed to be where it all happened

It's all character development. What good is a TV show that only shows people running around and killing zombies/each other? I think a lot of people misinterpret the show for what it is. It's a TV DRAMA, if you're looking for a more concise and direct (*cough* action-packed) look at the zombified world please watch any of the following movies: Dawn of the Dead, World War Z, Zombieland, etc. Not saying they're good, but a TV series doesn't survive 5 seasons by having characters with no background or story and a massive killing spree every episode.

/end rant
Old 02-10-2014, 06:59 PM   #20
MisterClowney
It's A Revolution

Male

CockyCash: 685
MisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot material

It's pretty much to the point of the show where they walk around and almost get eaten once an episode. Nothing really happens. I absolutely loved the Walking Dead and still enjoy it sometimes. But I think it peaked at the CDC. That was the only time they've ever hinted at figuring anything useful out. Now it's just run, hide, and survive. We know the main characters, and we know who's not going to die. And most of them piss me off (except Darryl) enough that if they died, I wouldn't care. The one episode last season where Rick followed that gypsie lady for literally over half the episode, and then nothing came of it really angered me and furthered my loss of interest.