CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Community > The Water Cooler

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
ucan'tlickourcocks
Regalcock
Gamecocks1137
b381l
Tolley
WeStillOwnUSC
GamecockGuardsman
taylorssc
GarnetSwarm1990
kingofnerf
TN game weather (1267)
Who is your favorite (985)
Aliens Are Real (476)
Michigan AD Dave Bra (441)
FSU vs. Louisville (339)
Virgin Spaceship Exp (288)
Need a ride tomorrow (212)
Brady Hoke Motivatio (185)
Talking Animals (160)
Cavs vs. Bulls (123)
Uniforms for Tenn
Who is your favorite play
Have you ever been so wro
Interesting quotes from D
Discussion: 2015 Recruiti
TN game weather
USC/Tennessee 11/1/2014
Cavs vs. Bulls
2014 Garnet and Black Wor
2014 Ultimate Tailgate --

Old 06-16-2014, 12:12 AM   #1
uscgmck
Coming back home, one day

Male

CockyCash: 100500
uscgmck is USC mascot materialuscgmck is USC mascot materialuscgmck is USC mascot materialuscgmck is USC mascot materialuscgmck is USC mascot materialuscgmck is USC mascot materialuscgmck is USC mascot materialuscgmck is USC mascot materialuscgmck is USC mascot materialuscgmck is USC mascot materialuscgmck is USC mascot material
Default Hemi Cuda $3.5Mil @ Mecum Sunday

In 2002, a 1971 Plymouth Hemi Cuda convertible was the first muscle car to sell for over $1 million dollars. Today, Mecum Auctions arranged for the sale of another 1971 Hemi Cuda convertible for a high price ó $3.5 million. This was a rare car indeed, one of two four-speed Hemi Cuda convertibles sold in the US, fully documented and restored. The carís Hemi V8 engine was rated at 425 horsepower, both gross and net, indicating that the gross power number was under-rated. The body design was led by John Herlitz, then just 27 years old. Sales were never especially high, and while the new 1970 Barracuda (on a completely new body) had nearly double the sales of the 1969 version, it was still under 51,000; and 1971 sales were barely noticeable. Hemi models were extremely rare, given the high maintenance and fuel needs of the engine coupled with a price premium of around a quarter the total price of the car, and the nearly-as-capable 440 option at a much lower price.

This particular B5 Blue model has a New Process Gear four-speed manual transmission, Dana 6 axle, Super Track Pak rear, and power brakes. It was originally owned by cartoonist Russ Meyer and was restored 14 years ago by Julius Steuer of Los Angeles, California. It retains the original factory-installed drivetrain. Thanks, dak4x4.
Attached Images

Old 06-16-2014, 08:03 AM   #2
RGHoskins
I'm Bad. I'm Nationwide!

Male

CockyCash: 26000805
RGHoskins is USC mascot materialRGHoskins is USC mascot materialRGHoskins is USC mascot materialRGHoskins is USC mascot materialRGHoskins is USC mascot materialRGHoskins is USC mascot materialRGHoskins is USC mascot materialRGHoskins is USC mascot materialRGHoskins is USC mascot materialRGHoskins is USC mascot materialRGHoskins is USC mascot material
Send a message via Yahoo to RGHoskins
Default Re: Hemi Cuda $3.5Mil @ Mecum Sunday

Never thought we'd see Plymouths bringing Bugatti money, but that is an awesome car.

- Rick H-

Rest in Peace Jaymie, aka Feistyminx and C- Girl.
RGHoskins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2014, 08:33 AM   #3
sandstorm2001
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 100700
sandstorm2001 is USC mascot materialsandstorm2001 is USC mascot materialsandstorm2001 is USC mascot materialsandstorm2001 is USC mascot materialsandstorm2001 is USC mascot materialsandstorm2001 is USC mascot materialsandstorm2001 is USC mascot materialsandstorm2001 is USC mascot materialsandstorm2001 is USC mascot materialsandstorm2001 is USC mascot materialsandstorm2001 is USC mascot material

Wow that's ridiculous. Think of the multiple badass cars you could buy with that kind of money. Not worth.
Old 06-16-2014, 08:46 AM   #4
Flameout12
1st Team All-American

Male

Flameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot material

Wow...so a car sold for $3.5 mil with cheesy hubcaps and purple rims?

Not to mention a grille that looks like a mail sort rack (actually the grille looks bad az).
Flameout12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2014, 06:46 PM   #5
FanofCarolina1
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 1072
FanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot material

I wish I had a cool 3.5 mill. to blow at an auto auction. Shoot I'd rather donate that to the University and have a building on campus named after me.
Old 06-16-2014, 08:05 PM   #6
lencho30
KOLA

Male

CockyCash: 4200
lencho30 is USC mascot materiallencho30 is USC mascot materiallencho30 is USC mascot materiallencho30 is USC mascot materiallencho30 is USC mascot materiallencho30 is USC mascot materiallencho30 is USC mascot materiallencho30 is USC mascot materiallencho30 is USC mascot materiallencho30 is USC mascot materiallencho30 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandstorm2001 View Post
Wow that's ridiculous. Think of the multiple badass cars you could buy with that kind of money. Not worth.
That is THE BADASS car you could buy with that kind of money!! Plymouth came out with some of the most badass cars to ever grace the streets of detroit! That car is so rare, you willnever see another. Oh, if you had 3.5 mil to buy this car then you probably have more than enough money to do anything else you want!
Old 06-16-2014, 09:26 PM   #7
GamecockInHell
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 3574
GamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot material

Younger kids don't know but the hemi Challengers and Cudas are some of the most sought after muscle cars in history. They were bas-ass right from the factory and the production numbers were miniscule. I read somewhere once that some of the hemi Challenger convertibles were produced in numbers less than 50. They are about as rare as you can get for a production car. I wish I had that kind of money to blow on one.
GamecockInHell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2014, 09:32 PM   #8
RGHoskins
I'm Bad. I'm Nationwide!

Male

RGHoskins is USC mascot materialRGHoskins is USC mascot materialRGHoskins is USC mascot materialRGHoskins is USC mascot materialRGHoskins is USC mascot materialRGHoskins is USC mascot materialRGHoskins is USC mascot materialRGHoskins is USC mascot materialRGHoskins is USC mascot materialRGHoskins is USC mascot materialRGHoskins is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by GamecockInHell View Post
Younger kids don't know but they hemi Challengers and Cudas are some of the most sought after cars in history. They were bad-ass right from the factory and the production numbers were minuscule. I read somewhere once where some of the hemi Challenger RT convertibles had less than 50 produces. I wish I had 3.5 million to blow for one of them.
The car pictured is one of eleven and one of 2 with a 4 speed. Definitely muscle car royalty but at the end of the day it's still a Plymouth Barracuda. I figured 2 million was about top of the mark on those cars and honestly until Barrett Jackson, you could pick them up for low 6 figures.

- Rick H-

Old 06-16-2014, 09:59 PM   #9
lencho30
KOLA

Male

CockyCash: 4200
lencho30 is USC mascot materiallencho30 is USC mascot materiallencho30 is USC mascot materiallencho30 is USC mascot materiallencho30 is USC mascot materiallencho30 is USC mascot materiallencho30 is USC mascot materiallencho30 is USC mascot materiallencho30 is USC mascot materiallencho30 is USC mascot materiallencho30 is USC mascot material

C'mon RG. You know the difference between a 'Cuda and a Barracuda!!
Old 06-16-2014, 10:06 PM   #10
RGHoskins
I'm Bad. I'm Nationwide!

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by lencho30 View Post
C'mon RG. You know the difference between a 'Cuda and a Barracuda!!
Well yeah, but you know what I mean. It's not like a technical marvel or anything. It's still an old Plymouth, just with a set of circumstances that makes it incredibly valuable.

- Rick H-

Old 06-16-2014, 10:11 PM   #11
GamecockMomSC
Sweet Carolina Girl

Female

CockyCash: 101194810
GamecockMomSC is USC mascot materialGamecockMomSC is USC mascot materialGamecockMomSC is USC mascot materialGamecockMomSC is USC mascot materialGamecockMomSC is USC mascot materialGamecockMomSC is USC mascot materialGamecockMomSC is USC mascot materialGamecockMomSC is USC mascot materialGamecockMomSC is USC mascot materialGamecockMomSC is USC mascot materialGamecockMomSC is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by RGHoskins View Post
Well yeah, but you know what I mean. It's not like a technical marvel or anything. It's still an old Plymouth, just with a set of circumstances that makes it incredibly valuable.
Yeah, I can't get over that someone paid millions for a Plymouth. It's a pretty car, but still.
GamecockMomSC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2014, 10:15 PM   #12
sandstorm2001
1st Team All-SEC

Male

sandstorm2001 is USC mascot materialsandstorm2001 is USC mascot materialsandstorm2001 is USC mascot materialsandstorm2001 is USC mascot materialsandstorm2001 is USC mascot materialsandstorm2001 is USC mascot materialsandstorm2001 is USC mascot materialsandstorm2001 is USC mascot materialsandstorm2001 is USC mascot materialsandstorm2001 is USC mascot materialsandstorm2001 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by lencho30 View Post
That is THE BADASS car you could buy with that kind of money!! Plymouth came out with some of the most badass cars to ever grace the streets of detroit! That car is so rare, you willnever see another. Oh, if you had 3.5 mil to buy this car then you probably have more than enough money to do anything else you want!
I guess for collectors rare = valuable, I'm just not in agreement here. With that much money you could buy like 20 Aston Martin DB9s...I can promise you that if you showed up to my door with one Aston Martin and one 40 year old Plymouth and offered me my choice of one, I'm pretty sure I'd go with the DB9.
Old 06-16-2014, 10:18 PM   #13
RGHoskins
I'm Bad. I'm Nationwide!

Male

Not taking away anything from the car itself. Hell I drive a new Challenger BECAUSE I wanted an E body more than anything when I was a kid.

- Rick H-

Old 06-16-2014, 11:13 PM   #14
sandstorm2001
1st Team All-SEC

Male

Quote:
Not taking away anything from the car itself. Hell I drive a new Challenger BECAUSE I wanted an E body more than anything when I was a kid.
Nothing wrong with that. You also paid a lot less than 3.5 million for your Challenger. haha
Old 06-19-2014, 11:15 AM   #15
LBC
2nd Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 500
LBC is USC mascot materialLBC is USC mascot materialLBC is USC mascot materialLBC is USC mascot materialLBC is USC mascot materialLBC is USC mascot materialLBC is USC mascot materialLBC is USC mascot materialLBC is USC mascot materialLBC is USC mascot materialLBC is USC mascot material

Quote:
I can relate. That Cuda is in fact my dream car and has been since I was a kid.
LBC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2014, 11:49 AM   #16
uscgmck
Coming back home, one day

Male

uscgmck is USC mascot materialuscgmck is USC mascot materialuscgmck is USC mascot materialuscgmck is USC mascot materialuscgmck is USC mascot materialuscgmck is USC mascot materialuscgmck is USC mascot materialuscgmck is USC mascot materialuscgmck is USC mascot materialuscgmck is USC mascot materialuscgmck is USC mascot material

http://www.allpar.com/mopar/new-mopar-hemi.html
Attached Images