CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Proving Ground

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
COCKYTALKIN
Spurticus
b381l
sanford
thekob
usc1
B-G
TAFC 5 1981
Master Bedroom
markp_vip
Lattimore Sidelined (1063)
Gurley or Davis (1043)
Expect A Healthy Dos (826)
Steve Spurrier - Say (773)
Coach's media golf p (491)
A house just blew up (360)
college football mat (355)
South Carolina Footb (355)
Minda Kacinas Q& (180)
iPhone repair (150)
Expect A Healthy Dose of
college football match up
iPhone repair
Gamecock Showcase Attende
2016 - Bryan Edwards
Official SEC Network and
2014-15 Premier League se
3-4 defense my interpreta
Lattimore Sidelined By Le
Kick e'm Horns!

Closed Thread

Old 12-16-2010, 01:12 PM   #1
CoverTwo
CockyTalk's Recruitnik

Male

2009 Awards: Awards for best Posters - Given for: Best Football Poster of 2009 
CockyCash: 101200
CoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot material
Default 2014 Signee - Jhaustin "Doobie" Thomas

Defensive Lineman from Decatur, Georgia

List interest in USC, Auburn, Clemson, Florida, Georgia, Georgia Tech, Kansas State, Kentucky, Louisville, Maryland, Oregon, Oklahoma State, and Tennessee

Rivals Bio

Scout Bio

Drink Cocktane!

For the latest in USC coverage, check out:

TheBigSpur
GamecockCentral
GamecockAnthem
Old 03-03-2011, 11:52 AM   #2
CoverTwo
CockyTalk's Recruitnik

Male

CoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot material
Default Re: Jhaustin Thomas Thread (2012 Prospect)

Quote:
Columbia’s Jhaustin Thomas added an offer from Oklahoma State on Thursday.
Quote:
Based on Scout.com’s prospect database, that gives the Bulldogs more than 50 offers extended so far for their Class of 2012. They’ve also offered at least three more Atlanta prospects this week: Banneker DB Chaz Elder, Banneker DE/TE Larry Jefferson and Columbia DE Jhaustin Thomas.
Link: http://blogs.ajc.com/recruiting/2011...lege-football/

Drink Cocktane!

TheBigSpur
GamecockCentral
GamecockAnthem
Old 03-03-2011, 05:48 PM   #3
JoeCock
4-Star

CockyCash: 500
JoeCock rules the CockPitJoeCock rules the CockPitJoeCock rules the CockPitJoeCock rules the CockPitJoeCock rules the CockPitJoeCock rules the CockPitJoeCock rules the CockPitJoeCock rules the CockPitJoeCock rules the CockPitJoeCock rules the CockPitJoeCock rules the CockPit

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoverTwo View Post
So one our "Self Rightous" conference members, that would never "Oversign", has at least 25 kids that they would have to turn down a commitment from. I wonder if the Wall Street Journal is going to do an article about this travesty. (Joke)

I wonder how many Fla. has already offered?
Old 03-03-2011, 06:26 PM   #4
t8erh8er17
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 200
t8erh8er17 is USC mascot materialt8erh8er17 is USC mascot materialt8erh8er17 is USC mascot materialt8erh8er17 is USC mascot materialt8erh8er17 is USC mascot materialt8erh8er17 is USC mascot materialt8erh8er17 is USC mascot materialt8erh8er17 is USC mascot materialt8erh8er17 is USC mascot materialt8erh8er17 is USC mascot materialt8erh8er17 is USC mascot material

Everybody does it the same way. Offers are pulled throughout the entire process. Sometimes you have to do it late in the process because you've recruited so well and when it does it can get, "ugly." But it's part of what college recruiting is and there is no real way to avoid it as much as people don't like it. Just like any part of life, some people are going to have their feelings hurt, and those people are almost never without blame themselves for it. But yeah, this uproar is a joke.
Old 03-03-2011, 10:28 PM   #5
JoeCock
4-Star

JoeCock rules the CockPitJoeCock rules the CockPitJoeCock rules the CockPitJoeCock rules the CockPitJoeCock rules the CockPitJoeCock rules the CockPitJoeCock rules the CockPitJoeCock rules the CockPitJoeCock rules the CockPitJoeCock rules the CockPitJoeCock rules the CockPit

Quote:
Originally Posted by t8erh8er17 View Post
Everybody does it the same way. Offers are pulled throughout the entire process. Sometimes you have to do it late in the process because you've recruited so well and when it does it can get, "ugly." But it's part of what college recruiting is and there is no real way to avoid it as much as people don't like it. Just like any part of life, some people are going to have their feelings hurt, and those people are almost never without blame themselves for it. But yeah, this uproar is a joke.
Yeah, I know. I was just pointing out the fact that the article "Slamming" USC used quotes from Uga & Fla. reps stating that they didn't do it.

In actuality, they do it to by not accepting a kids commitment. In this case, they have "Offered" 50 kids already, and it is only March. Bet case, they can only add 25 - 30 kids next year.
Old 03-04-2011, 12:29 PM   #6
DawginCola
Bowl MVP

Male

DawginCola rules the CockPitDawginCola rules the CockPitDawginCola rules the CockPitDawginCola rules the CockPitDawginCola rules the CockPitDawginCola rules the CockPitDawginCola rules the CockPitDawginCola rules the CockPitDawginCola rules the CockPitDawginCola rules the CockPitDawginCola rules the CockPit

Thomas picked up an offer from UGA today.
Old 03-04-2011, 02:48 PM   #7
t8erh8er17
Banned

Male

t8erh8er17 is USC mascot materialt8erh8er17 is USC mascot materialt8erh8er17 is USC mascot materialt8erh8er17 is USC mascot materialt8erh8er17 is USC mascot materialt8erh8er17 is USC mascot materialt8erh8er17 is USC mascot materialt8erh8er17 is USC mascot materialt8erh8er17 is USC mascot materialt8erh8er17 is USC mascot materialt8erh8er17 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeCock View Post
Yeah, I know. I was just pointing out the fact that the article "Slamming" USC used quotes from Uga & Fla. reps stating that they didn't do it.

In actuality, they do it to by not accepting a kids commitment. In this case, they have "Offered" 50 kids already, and it is only March. Bet case, they can only add 25 - 30 kids next year.
That's pretty much par for the course for this time of year for all schools.
Old 03-04-2011, 06:17 PM   #8
JoeCock
4-Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by t8erh8er17 View Post
That's pretty much par for the course for this time of year for all schools.

Yeah I know, It is the process that everyone uses. My point was Ga. & Fla. reps trying to be "Self Rightous" in the article slamming USC. It is almost a "Holier than Thou" attitude.

Again, that is what I was pointing out. I even put (Joke) in my original post about this.
Old 03-30-2011, 10:02 AM   #9
CoverTwo
CockyTalk's Recruitnik

Male

Quote:
FSU has offered Columbia’s Loyal and Jhaustin Thomas.
Link: http://blogs.ajc.com/recruiting/2011...ecoming-known/

Drink Cocktane!

TheBigSpur
GamecockCentral
GamecockAnthem
Old 04-14-2011, 07:20 AM   #10
RedSoxGamecock8
South Orange,NJ

Male

CockyCash: 226
RedSoxGamecock8 is crowing loudlyRedSoxGamecock8 is crowing loudlyRedSoxGamecock8 is crowing loudlyRedSoxGamecock8 is crowing loudlyRedSoxGamecock8 is crowing loudlyRedSoxGamecock8 is crowing loudlyRedSoxGamecock8 is crowing loudlyRedSoxGamecock8 is crowing loudlyRedSoxGamecock8 is crowing loudlyRedSoxGamecock8 is crowing loudlyRedSoxGamecock8 is crowing loudly

CU, USC among favorites for Thomas

By Eric Guimaraes

Quote:
DE Jhaustin Thomas (6-4 233) of Decatur, GA has offers from USC, Clemson, Georgia, Florida, Auburn, Ole Miss, Virginia, Penn State, and Oklahoma State among others. He is hearing from Alabama. Thomas says Clemson, USC, Florida, and Alabama are his favorites but did not name a leader. His only visit thus far is to Auburn. He says he plans to visit Alabama for their spring game and will head to Georgia as well. "I have to talk to my coach," Thomas said. "I don't know which shools he are going to visit." He went on to say it is early in the recruiting process and he is unsure of his coach's plans for him. As a junior, Thomas compiled 14 sacks.
http://www.goupstate.com/article/201...9855/0/psports
Old 08-05-2011, 11:39 AM   #11
elcid99
cant kill da rooster

Male

CockyCash: 217705
elcid99 has developed his gaff and talonselcid99 has developed his gaff and talonselcid99 has developed his gaff and talonselcid99 has developed his gaff and talonselcid99 has developed his gaff and talonselcid99 has developed his gaff and talonselcid99 has developed his gaff and talonselcid99 has developed his gaff and talonselcid99 has developed his gaff and talonselcid99 has developed his gaff and talonselcid99 has developed his gaff and talons

Just showing a little post crash love for Doobie Thomas.
Old 08-05-2011, 01:24 PM   #12
Gamecockfanatic4
2nd Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 4567500
Gamecockfanatic4 is USC mascot materialGamecockfanatic4 is USC mascot materialGamecockfanatic4 is USC mascot materialGamecockfanatic4 is USC mascot materialGamecockfanatic4 is USC mascot materialGamecockfanatic4 is USC mascot materialGamecockfanatic4 is USC mascot materialGamecockfanatic4 is USC mascot materialGamecockfanatic4 is USC mascot materialGamecockfanatic4 is USC mascot materialGamecockfanatic4 is USC mascot material
Send a message via AIM to Gamecockfanatic4

really really want this guy, going to be a beast

Old 08-11-2011, 10:13 PM   #13
elcid99
cant kill da rooster

Male

elcid99 has developed his gaff and talonselcid99 has developed his gaff and talonselcid99 has developed his gaff and talonselcid99 has developed his gaff and talonselcid99 has developed his gaff and talonselcid99 has developed his gaff and talonselcid99 has developed his gaff and talonselcid99 has developed his gaff and talonselcid99 has developed his gaff and talonselcid99 has developed his gaff and talonselcid99 has developed his gaff and talons

So according to TBS, Doobie isnt making a decision until he visits Carolina. He goes to Auburn if they want him, but we have a solid shot....get him on campus & Auburn doesn't consider him a take...he will be a Gamecock. Just my opinion.
Old 08-12-2011, 08:45 PM   #14
USCBASEBALL1
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 195371
USCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by elcid99 View Post
So according to TBS, Doobie isnt making a decision until he visits Carolina. He goes to Auburn if they want him, but we have a solid shot....get him on campus & Auburn doesn't consider him a take...he will be a Gamecock. Just my opinion.
Auburn has told him he could play both Football and Basketball thus them leading. We do have a strong shot if he does follow thru on the visit.
Old 08-26-2011, 10:46 AM   #15
CoverTwo
CockyTalk's Recruitnik

Male

Default Re: Jhaustin "Doobie" Thomas Thread (2012 Prospect)

Quote:
DE Jhaustin Thomas (6-6 240) of Decatur, GA has a top five of USC, Florida, Auburn, Alabama and Tennessee with the Gamecocks positioned well for his services. "They still talk to me a lot," Thomas said. "I'm definitely going to visit them during the season because I haven't been there yet." That will be an official visit for Thomas. As for other visits, Thomas is starting to get a better idea. "I think I could visit Auburn and Florida," he said. He has not decided if he will take all five and which schools he would consider visiting for his last two. Thomas does not have a clear cut leader but did acknowledge that there is a high level of interest in USC. He said that his top five are "pretty even".
Link: http://www.goupstate.com/article/201...817/-1/PSPORTS

Drink Cocktane!

TheBigSpur
GamecockCentral
GamecockAnthem
Old 08-28-2011, 05:21 PM   #16
Danielson
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 1250
Danielson has developed his gaff and talonsDanielson has developed his gaff and talonsDanielson has developed his gaff and talonsDanielson has developed his gaff and talonsDanielson has developed his gaff and talonsDanielson has developed his gaff and talonsDanielson has developed his gaff and talonsDanielson has developed his gaff and talonsDanielson has developed his gaff and talonsDanielson has developed his gaff and talonsDanielson has developed his gaff and talons

Thomas and English would make for a very nice DE class. Add McCord and it would be the icing on the cake!
Old 08-29-2011, 08:14 AM   #17
elcid99
cant kill da rooster

Male

He isn't a take for either UF or Auburn. We seem to be in good shape.
Old 08-29-2011, 08:57 AM   #18
se1046
Banned

Male

se1046 is making other chickens nervousse1046 is making other chickens nervousse1046 is making other chickens nervousse1046 is making other chickens nervousse1046 is making other chickens nervousse1046 is making other chickens nervousse1046 is making other chickens nervous

Quote:
Originally Posted by elcid99 View Post
He isn't a take for either UF or Auburn. We seem to be in good shape.
Do we slowplay him because of the shots we have with bullard and/or mccord?
Old 08-29-2011, 09:23 AM   #19
USCBASEBALL1
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 195371
USCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by se1046 View Post
Do we slowplay him because of the shots we have with bullard and/or mccord?
He is a take for us. Lawing really likes this kid.
Old 08-29-2011, 10:11 AM   #20
elcid99
cant kill da rooster

Male

100% take...he is another tall athletic kid w huge upside. McCord & Bullard would have to commit for this to change.