CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Other Sports > The Locker Room

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
TheUniversityofSC
COCKYTALKIN
Gamecocks1137
Lonnie
Spurticus
markymark550
MWard
spareparts
garnet_black215
WeStill0wnUSC
Another A&M aggi (2028)
Green and Lammons (1821)
COMCAST TO CARRY SEC (997)
Comporium (736)
Dawg DL man arrested (512)
Nashville (378)
It's Cover Two's bda (377)
ESPN Car wash Spurri (343)
Georgia DE Jonathan (247)
Gamecocks taken in t (165)
Official SEC Network and
Boosting OOC schedule str
Stephen Garcia AMA on Red
Spurrier Responds to Dabo
2016 - Woody Barrett
Another A&M aggie off
2015 - Marquavius Lewis
2015 - Albert Huggins
Predict Clemson 2014
Green and Lammons

Old 08-24-2011, 09:58 AM   #1
Ericvol2096
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 500
Ericvol2096 is USC mascot materialEricvol2096 is USC mascot materialEricvol2096 is USC mascot materialEricvol2096 is USC mascot materialEricvol2096 is USC mascot materialEricvol2096 is USC mascot materialEricvol2096 is USC mascot materialEricvol2096 is USC mascot materialEricvol2096 is USC mascot materialEricvol2096 is USC mascot materialEricvol2096 is USC mascot material
Default Janzen Jackson kicked off TN football team

So much for the good vibes from the NCAA ruling.

Quote:
“Our program has devoted a tremendous amount of energy, resources, support, and care in an effort to help Janzen manage his personal challenges,” said Dooley. “I will always be there to help him as a person, but there comes a time when a player’s actions preclude him from the privilege of playing for the University of Tennessee football team.

“Although I’m disappointed with this outcome, we will never compromise the long-term organizational values and goals we maintain here at Tennessee.”
Ericvol2096 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2011, 10:06 AM   #2
GH
Moonocababa

Male

CockyCash: 28000
GH is USC mascot materialGH is USC mascot materialGH is USC mascot materialGH is USC mascot materialGH is USC mascot materialGH is USC mascot materialGH is USC mascot materialGH is USC mascot materialGH is USC mascot materialGH is USC mascot materialGH is USC mascot material
Default Re: Janzen Jackson kicked off TN football team

After so much drama with Janzen Jackson, I have written him off many times as a guy that would never play for Tenn. I have said that, and been totally wrong, about 8 times.

This time, it looks like the Volunteers have decided to close the program's doors to the man and have to him that as far as Tennessee football is concerned, opportunity is nowhere.

JJ has likely thrown his football career and educational opportunity to the wind for silly reasons.

But like I said, i've been wrong before and I would not be surprised to see him in the orange and white (or maybe another team's colors) before all is said and done.

P.S. - Maybe Derek Dooley had no choice but to kick him off the team, however, much respect to the coach for trying to change the perception of U of Tenn as a place that places on-field play above the ethical and legal standards of the rest of the student body.
Old 08-24-2011, 10:14 AM   #3
PageUSC
Recruiting60%-Coaching40%

Male

CockyCash: 987375
PageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot material

So where's he going. Middle Tenn St. or Ole Miss?
Old 08-24-2011, 10:19 AM   #4
Ericvol2096
1st Team All-SEC

Male

Ericvol2096 is USC mascot materialEricvol2096 is USC mascot materialEricvol2096 is USC mascot materialEricvol2096 is USC mascot materialEricvol2096 is USC mascot materialEricvol2096 is USC mascot materialEricvol2096 is USC mascot materialEricvol2096 is USC mascot materialEricvol2096 is USC mascot materialEricvol2096 is USC mascot materialEricvol2096 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by GH View Post
After so much drama with Janzen Jackson, I have written him off many times as a guy that would never play for Tenn. I have said that, and been totally wrong, about 8 times.

This time, it looks like the Volunteers have decided to close the program's doors to the man and have to him that as far as Tennessee football is concerned, opportunity is nowhere.

JJ has likely thrown his football career and educational opportunity to the wind for silly reasons.

But like I said, i've been wrong before and I would not be surprised to see him in the orange and white (or maybe another team's colors) before all is said and done.

P.S. - Maybe Derek Dooley had no choice but to kick him off the team, however, much respect to the coach for trying to change the perception of U of Tenn as a place that places on-field play above the ethical and legal standards of the rest of the student body.
Being reported it was grade issues and "the same off the field problem that has been going on"

Don't know why they don't just come out and say he failed another drug test.
Old 08-24-2011, 10:20 AM   #5
bigdawg77
GOOOOO GEORGIA BULLDOGS

Male

CockyCash: 7461220
bigdawg77 is USC mascot materialbigdawg77 is USC mascot materialbigdawg77 is USC mascot materialbigdawg77 is USC mascot materialbigdawg77 is USC mascot materialbigdawg77 is USC mascot materialbigdawg77 is USC mascot materialbigdawg77 is USC mascot materialbigdawg77 is USC mascot materialbigdawg77 is USC mascot materialbigdawg77 is USC mascot material

Jacksonville St or South Alabama
Old 08-24-2011, 10:24 AM   #6
FeartheSpur
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 717
FeartheSpur rules the CockPitFeartheSpur rules the CockPitFeartheSpur rules the CockPitFeartheSpur rules the CockPitFeartheSpur rules the CockPitFeartheSpur rules the CockPitFeartheSpur rules the CockPitFeartheSpur rules the CockPitFeartheSpur rules the CockPitFeartheSpur rules the CockPitFeartheSpur rules the CockPit

there is the crow you were looking to eat.....lol
FeartheSpur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2011, 10:28 AM   #7
Ericvol2096
1st Team All-SEC

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by FeartheSpur View Post
there is the crow you were looking to eat.....lol
I am getting full.
Old 08-24-2011, 10:35 AM   #8
HeadCockFan
...where the Pampers is.

Male

CockyCash: 202781
HeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot material

He never was a college student, Jacksonville NFL Prep Academy is a better choice.
HeadCockFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2011, 11:38 AM   #9
jwl3gg
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 200
jwl3gg is sharpening his clawsjwl3gg is sharpening his clawsjwl3gg is sharpening his clawsjwl3gg is sharpening his clawsjwl3gg is sharpening his claws

Kicked off for failed drugs test
jwl3gg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2011, 11:42 AM   #10
I Bleed Garnet
Heisman Candidate

Male

CockyCash: 524485398
I Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigdawg77 View Post
Jacksonville St or South Alabama
North Alabama, they'll have the Best Secondary in FCS.

#LukeForMod
2010 Football SEC East Champs
2009 Basketball SEC East Co-Champs

"9 out of 10 schools cheat, and the 10th is in last place"-Jerry Tarkanian
I Bleed Garnet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2011, 12:01 PM   #11
OVPcock
4-Star

Male

OVPcock has developed his gaff and talonsOVPcock has developed his gaff and talonsOVPcock has developed his gaff and talonsOVPcock has developed his gaff and talonsOVPcock has developed his gaff and talonsOVPcock has developed his gaff and talonsOVPcock has developed his gaff and talonsOVPcock has developed his gaff and talonsOVPcock has developed his gaff and talonsOVPcock has developed his gaff and talonsOVPcock has developed his gaff and talons

Isn't Jackson the same guy that helped rob that gas station in Knoxville a couple years ago?
Old 08-24-2011, 12:24 PM   #12
Gamecock Rob
Household Name

Male

CockyCash: 200
Gamecock Rob is USC mascot materialGamecock Rob is USC mascot materialGamecock Rob is USC mascot materialGamecock Rob is USC mascot materialGamecock Rob is USC mascot materialGamecock Rob is USC mascot materialGamecock Rob is USC mascot materialGamecock Rob is USC mascot materialGamecock Rob is USC mascot materialGamecock Rob is USC mascot materialGamecock Rob is USC mascot material

That whole Kiffin class has been a disaster. This takes a win from them in my book, the East qbs are gonna have field days against that secondary now, Jackson was the only guy who kept offenses at bay.
Gamecock Rob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2011, 12:30 PM   #13
I Bleed Garnet
Heisman Candidate

Male

I Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot material

So this means Prentiss Waggner is the starter now?

He isn't better than Jackson (then again I don't think anyone in the SEC was) but he's not bad.

#LukeForMod

Old 08-24-2011, 12:34 PM   #14
Ericvol2096
1st Team All-SEC

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by I Bleed Garnet View Post
So this means Prentiss Waggner is the starter now?

He isn't better than Jackson (then again I don't think anyone in the SEC was) but he's not bad.
Not sure, we signed Byron Moore JR (USC transfer) and he was considered Janzen's backup after he his strong camp.

Waggner had locked down one of the CB spots.

So the thought is if they aren't comfortable with Byron yet they will slide Prentiss over to FS until Moore is ready bumping up another corner.

We have about 6 able corners.
Old 08-24-2011, 12:58 PM   #15
Luke Skycocker
Git Dat Baw

Male

2011 Football Pickem: 2011 Football Pickem - Given for: 2011 Football Pickem Champ 
CockyCash: 107787138593
Luke Skycocker is USC mascot materialLuke Skycocker is USC mascot materialLuke Skycocker is USC mascot materialLuke Skycocker is USC mascot materialLuke Skycocker is USC mascot materialLuke Skycocker is USC mascot materialLuke Skycocker is USC mascot materialLuke Skycocker is USC mascot materialLuke Skycocker is USC mascot materialLuke Skycocker is USC mascot materialLuke Skycocker is USC mascot material

Tennessee's already questionable D takes a big hit
Old 08-24-2011, 04:41 PM   #16
FanofCarolina1
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 925
FanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot material

Good on coach Dooley for getting rid of the bad apple.
Old 08-24-2011, 05:27 PM   #17
tekresqguru
USCRugby

Male

CockyCash: 936
tekresqguru is developing his combtekresqguru is developing his combtekresqguru is developing his combtekresqguru is developing his combtekresqguru is developing his combtekresqguru is developing his combtekresqguru is developing his combtekresqguru is developing his combtekresqguru is developing his combtekresqguru is developing his comb

He was pretty solid, remember him against us last year, he brought down Lattimore 1 on 1 a couple times, had quite a few tackles.
tekresqguru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2011, 06:03 PM   #18
sc455
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 23088816
sc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by tekresqguru View Post
He was pretty solid, remember him against us last year, he brought down Lattimore 1 on 1 a couple times, had quite a few tackles.
although he wasnt flagged, he hit lattimore late and in the head. when asked about it later he said that he didnt give a...real class individual.
sc455 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2011, 06:03 PM   #19
Flips
Two Deep

Male

Flips has developed his gaff and talonsFlips has developed his gaff and talonsFlips has developed his gaff and talonsFlips has developed his gaff and talonsFlips has developed his gaff and talonsFlips has developed his gaff and talonsFlips has developed his gaff and talonsFlips has developed his gaff and talonsFlips has developed his gaff and talonsFlips has developed his gaff and talonsFlips has developed his gaff and talons

He'll still be in the NFL in a few years. I'm still SHOCKED that they kept him on after that robbery incident, though.
Flips is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2011, 06:09 PM   #20
I Bleed Garnet
Heisman Candidate

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flips View Post
He'll still be in the NFL in a few years. I'm still SHOCKED that they kept him on after that robbery incident, though.
Because the Police said he didn't do anything and was innocent.

The other 2 were arrested convicted and kicked off the team.

#LukeForMod